The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

First of all, welcome back candygirl! Good to see you again!!!

Then, yeah, to last weeks episode, I guess?! And yeah to the spoilers and them standing close together this week. They really do rub off each other, don't they :devil::thumbsup:? Plus, always looking at each other!

Hm, a CSI film? Hm, well, as long as there is some interaction between the boys, I'm all for it :thumbsup:!

How many more episodes are they till the finale?

And I just love the screencaps, seabird! I especially love all the scenes when they're out with the team but still are looking only at each other!

2. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

I also heard that there was going to be a movie about CSI! Movies tend to be long so hopefully they boys would have a lot of time together! I have a few questions about last Thursday's episode.

1) Did Nick shave his again? If so I wonder if he had to because Greg pulled his hair too hard!!!! :devil:

2) Did anyone else notice a rind on Nick's finger? No it wasn't a wedding ring or on his left hand, but it was there none the less.

3) How many scenes were they in? I tuned in a half hour late ='( But I only saw the one

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You're welcome, candygirl :thumbsup:

Wojo, thanks for those great screencaps! This is not the first time , Aquila has already pointed it out on her posts: the boys are mirroring each other more and more. Just like Jack and Ianto do in "Torchwood. And all those who watch that show, know that's definitely a GOOD SIGN for us ;)

BrokenSmile, Nick and Greg had a scene together in the evidence room (*points at Wojo's screencaps). Yes, Greg is a hairpuller :devil: and it seems he has pulled Nick's hair too hard. Aww.... Nick and his poor roots....:lol:

The ring. Since the beginning of the show, Nick has always worn a silver ring on his right hand. First, it was a simple silver band and now, Nick wears a silver ring with a flower? a star? in it. Always on his right hand.

[​IMG]

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Your welcome. Attention please! you need to go to the S9 spoiler picture thread. I was able to find the photos (very large size) of the boys in ep 23 that I mentioned in my spoiler. Well what are you waiting for - GO!

As for the CSI movie I want to be excited but I am afraid I will be disappointed. Because I expect very little Greg and heavy GSR (Most likely Jorja will return). I hope I am wrong.

I love how the boys mirror each others expressions, like an old married couple.

5. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Some great caps and theories and thoughts guys...ahh I love this thread. :p

Is anyone else annoyed by the show lately? Like, they used to do 2 cases so that everyone pretty much got equal screen time...I mean, it went back and forth, but you could bet that every couple shows would even out the screen time so we all saw plenty of our favorite characters...but now that isn't true at all.

We see tons of Ray, a bit of Cath and Nick, plenty of Hodges and Wendy (oh I love them, but dude) and hardly anyone else. Riley seems to be the 'random CSI' of choice for eps lately, Greg spends so much time in the AV lab that I would be worried if I were Nick. But none of them are getting real story lines. Yeah the show relied heavily on Grissom/Sara, but we also got a ton of Cath and Warrick, plenty of Nick, lots of Greg, lab or not, and now that's not happening.

It's making me crazy. It's like a completely different show with a few familiar faces, but only if you watch closely.

Sorry, this is more a rant than a Love post, but it does all come back to the Love. How can we expect new moments between the boys when they boys never get any time together and barely get any screen time full stop? Ugh, it's so frustrating.

6. suckerforasmile

suckerforasmile Rookie

I don't think it's really any different. :p And all the lack of moments kinda makes the ones we DO get all that more special. :) I just liken it to the fact that Greg, Cath, & Nick are already established characters and they want to give Riley, Ray, Hodges & Wendy all the screentime they can give them in order to get their stories out there. I hope we're still not suffering for lack of Greg screentime from S7, but hey, what can ya do. (Hodges & Wendy are ALREADY established characters, and I don't know why the writers don't just do the same to them, but GSR's gone so they have to do something, I guess? (personally I don't understand why we can't get the 'something' they're giving Hodges/Wendy, but I'm completely biased, so (; ))

Hawh. There's a fic hidden in here.

At any rate.

Oh, that's definitely debateable. I can totally see it going either way. While movies ARE aimed towards a bigger audience, they're still pretty censored... but less than TV, especially on a major network like CBS. I guess it depends on how brave the writers are for the movie, or how brave new writers are for the movie, if they get them. AND if they're even GOING for subtext. I mean, I know we've been over this, but it could totally and completely be written in by the actors. Which would be interesting, I gotta say.

Which makes me totally wonder about the diner scene in For Gedda, where Nick's supposed be looking at the waitress but he's looking more at Greg, (especially considering Greg's head is in the shot, ha). I don't wanna get on too big of a thing here, but I wonder how much of that was written in on script and how, if any, of it was played in by the actors. (Matter of fact, I wonder how much ALL the subtext is written and how much is played in, but this scene in particular.)

We have a new episode this week... right?

So, I'm curious. A lot of people seem to think, in fic at least, that they'd come out or admit their love with a bang, so to speak. It wouldn't be a quiet thing, it'd be HUGE. Anybody agree? Or do you think it'd be a softer thing, like kind of an out of nowhere, wanna-get-dinner-sometime thing?

I have no idea what I like more. : D I'm very interested in both possibilities.

7. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

That is a very interesting question, suckerforasmile- I'd rather see the boys coming out as a softer, quiet thing than with a bang. IMO, that would also be more believable in the context of a show like CSI. And like you, I also wonder how much of the subtext is written in the script and how much is played in by the actors (the "I Love You" sign in "Abracadaver", the ass checking in "The Hunger Artist" ....) That's definitely some food for thought.... ;)

Aquila, I know how you feel . This season none of the characters are getting real storylines and lately, the lack of Greg has been annoying and frustrating.

Wojo, thanks for the heads up. The first image is very...suggestive :devil:

And I've just read on the spoiler thread that...
    In this week's episode, Nick and Langston go together to a tatoo shop and the owner mistakes them for a gay couple! :lol: I mean, Nick's utter obvious gayness makes any man who just stands next to him looks like his partner. It happens this week with Langston as it happened with Grissom in "King Baby". And of course, everytime Nick and Greg are together on screen although in this case, it's pretty obvious that it's not just because of Nick's obvious gayness; we also have NINE years of subtext, flirting, jealously, glances, touching......and love ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  8. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I wish it was Nick and Greg instead of Nick and Langston...

9. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Oh that spoiler! :lol: Thank you so much for that...it totally made my night. I can't wait until thursday now. :p Also, your description of Nick and the immensity of his gayness made me lol so hard my husband asked what it was about. :guffaw:

And yeah, there's been a serious lack of Greg, not nearly enough Nick, and you know it's bad when I'm bemoaning the lack of Riley. Sheesh.

Otoh, next weeks' ep looks good...;)

10. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

i watched "Milk' today. i thought about nick and greg and it made me sad. very sad. we cant even have a canon gay couple.

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Maybe, because a canon gay couple on a CBS prime time drama is the last taboo. Do we have to believe that there aren't gays working at LV Crime Lab? Please...

:guffaw:Love it, Aquila!

Hmm....With that last spoiler and the undeniable gay vibe of the whole scene with the bartender in "A Space Oddity" ( blatantly checking out Nick's ass), are TPTB trying to tell us something about Nick?

Because it's not like we didn't know already.....;)

12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

maybe its because of all the challenges that Nick & Greg have to face (that normal hetro couples do not have to), that makes "The Love" in my opinion better than all the other csi ships out there:thumbsup:. Their love can survive anything ( i am just a romantic at heart).

Plus they are HOT :drool::drool:(thats the second reason why our ship is so great. LOL:guffaw:).

13. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

LoneWolfe, you're right; there's no love like The Love......;)

Those spoiler pics look promissing! I hope that David Rambo doesn't dissapoint us. He loves Greg's character and let's not forget that he wrote one of the best Nick/Greg episodes ever: "Bull" that was overloaded with very clear homoerotic subtext.

First, we have the scene where Catherine and Hodges talk about "Brokeback Mountain" and then, the camera cuts to....Nick and Greg arriving together at the crime scene.

Later, Wendy enters the lab, where Nick and Greg are examining the evidence (a big dildo :devil:), and calls the boys 'buckaroos' (cowboys) ;).

[​IMG]

And finaly when they're interviewing the wedding chapel lady, they were sitting so close together (while Nick kept in his hand the wedding chapel card, she only gave them ONE card ;)):

[​IMG]

And speaking of "Brokeback Mountain" and the boys.......

[​IMG]by Catlover

14. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Okay that rant of mine a few posts up? Well, this show blew that out of the water. We got a bit of everyone, to varying degrees...and while the boys were never together, at least we got lots of them both. :D It was funny and interesting and more of what I want out of the show, dammit! :lol:

Anyway, the spoilers in relation to the chain of paperclips that is Nick's life were spot on. The parallel to the scene with Grissom in Big Baby was priceless. :lol:

And Greg was as adorable as ever...those shoulders. :adore:

I liked this one a lot. :thumbsup:

15. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Hey there everyone, it's been a while. *waves*

I really enjoyed this last ep even though I thought the boys were going to be working together but they didn't. Turns out I saw previews for the next ep, which they do work together, from what I hear. Is that a spoiler?

I thought the part where Nick and Ray went into the tat place and the dude thought they were 'together' was funny. Too bad it wasn't Nick and Greg. So far they did it with Nick and Grissom and now Ray. I think Nick and Greg would be more likely thought of as a couple than the other two guys, but that's just me. Maybe the TPTB know if they did that they'd have a lot of peeps fainting and missing some of the show. But then again, if they denied they were a couple than we'd all be so upset. Here it can let us keep on dreaming about them.

Also, I think this can be another Nick gay moment, another person thought he was gay. He's always setting off gaydars where ever he goes or who ever he's with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.