CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yeah that Lindsay... she's a real charmer. :evil:

Angell has been a great addition I believe. She had great chemistry with Danny starting with "People with Money" and then developed with other characters. She had tons of potential--and it's a real shame the writer's aren't exploring that.

2. cee

cee Victim

I couldn't agree more with what ErinElizabeth wrote in her last post.

And about the "tasteless jokes".. What about the ghost scene that took place in Danny's bedroom? That wasn't tasteless at all? No, because most of you are Lindsay-haters.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Fair enough. If you'd said that in your first post about why you were happy Angell was the one who is going to die, you would have been fine. But instead you came here to troll. And yes, you got met with a less than warm welcome. You're not going to be liked here--or welcome--if you continue to troll. In fact, you'll be gone pretty quickly.

So shape up and post like you did above or don't come here anymore, because trolls aren't tolerated.

Let's get this thread back on topic....

4. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Dude. Seriously. You're entitled to your opinion and that is not what I was referring to. I did not mock your opinion, it was your response to the comments you received that I was talking about. I got no problem with you being delighted and over the moon that you will not be subject to seeing Angell in future episodes of NY.

Instead of engaging in conversational exhange about the differences, you posted mocking replies, and moreover used other people's pictures to supply your words. I commented on what I saw as denying a dialogue about the differing opinions on the topic in question. Posting Gifs to illustrate *boo hoo* or *oh snap* don't really do much to foster any kind of elevated exchange. Or any exchange at all.

ETA:Thank you for your post reiterating your thoughts on Angell. That at least is something that can be talked about. That's all I was getting at.

I'm happily done with anything else.

-

I agree with OldGuise, I hope that the storyline and cliffhanger mean that the impact of this on the team doesn't just dissipate over the off-season. I also hope that we get to see how this affects all the characters, and not just Flack. If it's gonna be a boost to the show, then use it to deepen all the remaining characters. Use it well. Don't drop it into black hole continuity. You break it you buy, TPTB.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

She's a recurring character who hasn't appeared in every episode, let alone had all of her scenes with Flack so I don't get how she was being "shoved in our faces constantly."

Again, I don't see how she's just there to be his love interest when she's involved in the Greek storyline that has nothing to do with Flack and she also works cases that have nothing to do with Flack. As far as getting information about her, yeah, we've gotten a lot of it by her talking with Flack. Flack hasn't been "relaying the information," though.

I personally don't see how a police detective can be seen as just having served her purpose when the show is a procedural crime drama. Even if I conceded she was just Flack's love interest (which I'm not) I don't see how she could be seen as serving her purpose. They've barely gotten started on a relationship. There was plenty of potential for good, adult romance and drama with these two. I also don't see how killing a recurring character provides any "dramatic punch." As I said before, she's not in every episode or even every other episode. Killing her off isn't even a friendly shove let alone a "dramatic punch."

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I personally found that to be more of a joke at deaths on CSI in general.

Let's get something straight- I was a Lindsay fan up until about halfway through season four. It was at that point in time that I started noticing immaturity with her interactions with Danny.

Angell is not perfect, either. The ending of last week's episode was poorly written for her, and every once in a while I dislike her scenes, just like I find some of Lindsay's scenes poorly written. The difference is that I see these scenes less often when concerning Lindsay.

Of course I'd rather Lindsay die than Angell, and that's just because I happen to like Angell. My point, and the point I believe most people are making, is that there's a difference between one joking "scene", and several dancing and FAILtective flashing pictures. The difference is subtlty.

ETA: Just noticed Top's post...

I think it'll be interesting to see where Flack's character goes from here. Ignoring the "girlfriend" part, they were partners. It has to affect him

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Hey, I see some grave similarities here between how you and I feel about Lindsay! Oh my mistake you're talking about Angell.

I don't really care about Angell going. No investment there for me, but if you think Angell is in our faces all the time I can't imagine how sick you must be of the rest of the cast.
    Its kind of funny though.. that you're so willing to accept such things in Lindsay but not in a character who takes up one billionth the screen time as her such as her..Remember Super Lindsay? Who no one ever gets mad at especially while shes bodychecking thugs twice her size into vehicles while Mac wonders "what do they feed her in Montana?" Kind of a similar situation.

"She's the gorgeous tomboy tough cop" swat goregous for average and cop for CSI and you've pretty much got someone you love. Is that all it takes? You just have a thing against impossibly pretty people? :lol:

"The only development we've seen in her has come through Flack relaying the information. She's simply just there to be his love interest." Again, if I scrap Flack for Danny I'm pretty sure someone else can be quoted as to saying this on this very board! Amazing coincidences!

The only issue people are taking with these ideas is really that all of that is an awful lot to expect of someone who's been in what like 6 eps the whole season? Course she's not much, she's supporting cast at best. Which is why I have to wonder why anyone would be SO happy to see NOTHING really change in the long run.:confused:

I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and think your true motivations are something substantial because even when shes dead and buried.. Flack isn't going to be boinking Remy Hadley anytime soon.

I'd rather it had been ANYONE else, just 'cause then the show would be more likely to do something different next season. If they keep wussing out and not killing of anyone important their anti-climactic tendencies are going to kill the whole show, and that's the last thing I think any of us want to happen. :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  8. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I already said that when she was just working cases I didn't mind her. She didn't affect me one way or the other.

But I felt that the FA relationship was being thrown in our faces. I found them annoying because I don't see the chemistry between them. It was trying to watch a cat and a walrus go at it. Not enjoyable.

And the only time we learned anything personal about her character it came through another character. In her first episode we got tidbit of backstory about her being knew from Danny and Hawkes. And then we learned her family history from Flack.

And you say that killing her off has no dramatic affect but look around. There are tons of fans here that are upset about her death so how can you say there's not dramatic punch?

Also, I feel like that's why they put her in a relationship in the first place. I mean simple flirting turned into them being in a relationship pretty fast. Now she's being killed off and a lot of the dramatic focus is going to surround Flack (at least it appears so in the spoilers) because he was in a relationship with her. Ergo, another dramatic punch.

9. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

Thanks. :)

As much as I would truly love to discuss all of the points you've made, we're getting really off-track here. I will say, though, that I was a Lindsay fan up until about mid-season 4, and that I was perfectly fine with Angell until she started doing some of what I considered the less believable actions regarding suspects and such. I still like Angell, though, whereas I can't bring myself to like Lindsay anymore.

OK, back on topic again. I'm kind of hoping for Danny to be injured (but not killed) in the season finale, especially if Angell is the one to go. Having both of them get hurt would make for some really interesting character interaction, and - for the first time in a while - a case that might actually still hold my interest through the commercial breaks.

Also, as has been stated several times already, I don't want the writers to just forget about what happens here. That would be infuriating, not to mention plain stupid.

10. cee

cee Victim

Let's look on the bright side, the team loses a member (yeah, that's always sad, but something good might come out of it) and therefore we'll probably see some character development.. Hopefully some good development.

11. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I mostly see people who are just sad that the people they wished would have died aren't going to. Angell dying instead just seems to be something on which to ween their disappointments. So, if you're just happy about Lindsay sticking around why not just say that? I think most of us kind of figured it anyway. :)

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Okay folks, time for a new spoiler thread! Starting it now so we can continue discussion here. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.