CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

2. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

[​IMG]

3. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

just putting this out there i dont know if anyone else is thnking it, butt he will forever change the line up, is it at all possible that Flack cant deal with the emotional side of it. Now i know that Flack is not typically emotional, but i dont know if he has ever really had a super duper emotional thing to fret about.

Sure i mean the bombing and his sister, but it was recovered. Maybe flack just cant deal with it anymore. oh god, i sure hope not, i dont know what i'd do without my weakly dose of Flack

4. cee

cee Victim

If this is true, then I must admit I'm kind of happy and relieved (will there be a 'happy dance'? I don't know yet). We all have our opinions, and that's fine. In my opinion Angell's totally disposable.. She's boring, she's just there, she doesn't do anything and that's why I'm fine with the writers' decision.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

....well mutha-f*ckin dang.

....aw....

ya Bastards, TPTB. Why this compulsion to kill off the better female characters the show's had? Why kill off anyone who leaves? Oh wait. It's TPTB. My badd. Didn't wanna believe it, but a cop is without their badge because they gave it up or had it taken. Flack giving her father her badge really doesn't bode well.

First. Wasn't gonna go there, but, I am. To the ever blinky EE: ... such class and wit. And that's not in reference to your opinion, likes or dislikes of the show and any character on it, as everbody's entitled, but in handling the exchange with those who differ. True colors flying high. Blinking rather brightly.

:p

I think you're correct more than you realize. I think that Aiden's departure had a delayed legacy that arose rather glaringly in the handling of Lindsay since season two. I think the show has suffered ups and downs for various reasons, but ya gotta acknowledge that putting Lindsay's greatest involvement in the show into DL, and what has resulted, has been one of the reasons for the ride. Thrill a minute, what can I tell ya. :p I think Angell managed, despite limited screentime, to become a character who enabled storylines and storytelling, and ultimately stood out as a strong female character who outshone a regular main cast member. Not talking Stella here. Aiden still outshines Lindsay as a female principle role, four seasons later. I think the 'ghosts' of both these characters will continue to linger. Sorry Lindsay. Do the best ya can.

I hope this does in part stem from EV deciding to move on, and wish her well regardless.

:beer: I'll drink to that. Glass half full or empty.

Carry a shovel and a towel, kids. Mebbe wear a helmet. And boots. Maybe even a tvvek jumpsuit. And a personal respirator. Gloves. Definitely gloves.... :p

Still, it sounds like things won't be as messy as I thought they might, or even mighta hope they would. It doesn't sound like anything is really gonna change for the show. I hope they do find a way to use this to claw from the mire of rollercoaster complacency, but time will tell.

I think that Eddie Cahill will somehow find a way to imbue his performances with this as something that mars Don personally and substantially, even if TPTB don't revisit this in any direct fashion again.

As for the finale and the cliffhanger, I think the whole bagpipe/parade ceremonial detail will somehow come into play. I mean come on. Member of the family. Shot in an ep that features cop-killers so that the whole of the NYPD will spend probably both halves of the two-parter to track them down, daughter of a cop, dating a cop... how could they pass it up.

Agree. In a way it's still a cheap way out, to 'shrink the cast' by killing off a character they were in no way obliged to write for in the first place. I think it must have been in part due to the fact that Vaugier's been a part of the show for several seasons but there wasn't room in the roster to invite her in, in the same way there was for Robert Joy as an ME and AJ Buckley as a tech. Killing her allows the hype but leaves the core group intact. For better or for worse. So to speak.

I am glad that the others are off the block. Disappointed in TPTB at this point. If they were gonna shake things up, this woulda been the time to do it. I hope good things come.

And if TPTB are truly playing silly buggers with this now, their credibility is bar none shot to sh*t and the gloves come off. I'm telling ya. Bar :censored: none. ;)

6. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Really? Because last I checked all I did was come to this post and say that I was happy Angell was the one to go.

From then on I was attacked for making a joke, for my avatar, and for simply being happy that she was the one to go.

From then on I simply responded to people trying to insult or mock me. Never did I mock someone for being an Angell fan. Did I?

All I said was that I didn't like her. Why is it so bad for me to dislike Angell while the rest of you are free to dislike Lindsay and be very vocal about it?

Hypocrisy at it's best my friend. So get off your high horse already.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

First, you don't even refer to the character by her name. You only call her "FAILtective" except for the above post.

Second, you've never even said WHY you dislike Angell. You've just made stupid jokes and posted lame gifs. People who dislike Lindsay have given numerous reasons as to why they dislike the character and engaged in discussion with people who do like her. Maybe if you'd done that people would've taken you more seriously and not been so bothered by the immature stuff. But all you've done is immature stuff so people have responded accordingly.

8. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Oh please, if I was over here hating on Lindsay none of you would give a shit about my reasons or why I disliked her.

9. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

Additionally, even just saying that you're doing a happy dance because someone is going to die is messed up. Most of the comments you've made were just in poor taste - and while you're probably not the only person at fault here, you're kind of encouraging chastisement by singling yourself out with posts like "I didn't do anything, you're all just hypocrites."

Anyway, on-topic, I'll be sad to see Angell go if she really does get killed off. She was an enjoyable character, played by a good actress, so if it must happen, I hope I at least get some Flack angst to compensate me for it.

Also, I don't know what I'll do if Danny doesn't do something - anything - to try to comfort Flack on screen. I see Flack and Danny as being very connected emotionally, since they're best friends and all, so if he spends his time with family drama... well, I'll be pretty angry.

10. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I doubt it. Even if some of the people who got upset by your anti-Angell comments let it slide, I'm positive that others who like Angell would ask why you dislike Lindsay; most of the Lindsay fans in here would ask why as well.

11. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Are you kidding me?! Half the posts here are saying that they wish it was Lindsay who was dying.

And good God she's not a real person! It's not as though I wished EV dead.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That's not fair. None of us would be so blatant about our dislike of Lindsay. If one of us posted dancing pictures of celebrating Lindsay dying, without giving any reasons, I'd certainly ask for at least one reason. There's no real reason for being the way you're being.

It's just immature, and I'm almost certain that I'm younger than you, so if I can see it I don't understand how you can't. :rolleyes:

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yeah, that's right, because we frown upon discussion on a discussion board. :rolleyes: Don't presume to know what people would and wouldn't care about. People who dislike Lindsay have engaged in actual discussion with people who like her and we've even given the character credit when we've felt she deserves it. I see you're still avoiding giving reasons as to why you dislike Angell and why you're glad she's the one being killed. I can't say that surprises me, though. :rolleyes:

14. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I have no idea how many people have said what, but I distinctly recall various reasons having been stated by some of the people who hoped that Lindsay was the character we would lose, and those reasons being agreed with many times by people who didn't or couldn't explain why they wanted Lindsay out of the show.

Furthermore, there have been four topics about disliking Lindsay, all filled to the brim with reasons. If you can't find enough explanation for people wanting her gone just from seeing how popular those topics were, explaining it now is pretty pointless, right?

I mean, I could try, and everyone else could try, but it's really hard to change someone's opinion when it's the exact opposite of yours. You know that as well as I do, I'm sure. It's basically like trying to convince the sun not to shine: It never takes heed, and you end up getting burned.

That's true. I'm probably just uncomfortable with wishing people were dead at all. I can't even bring myself to really hope that Lindsay dies - just that she leaves.

15. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

:rolleyes: I have given my reasons before but I'll humor you.

Firstly, I just never connected with the character. She was there and then she wasn't and back and forth. She served her purpose and I was fine with it.

Then when they put her in a relationship with Flack she all of a sudden was being shoved in our faces constantly.

I certainly don't mind if Flack gets a love interest but I just do not see the chemistry between Angell and Flack at all. So all of their scenes were painful to watch because I just don't think they play off each other well.

I also don't feel the chemistry between her and the other members of the team. She always falls flat for me. The other characters are so much more charismatic IMO.

Also, they've turned her into a complete Mary Sue. She's the gorgeous tomboy tough cop with all older brothers who will walk up to challenge the roid rage man even though he's literally throwing officers left and right. But nothing can scare Super Angell!

The only development we've seen in her has come through Flack relaying the information. She's simply just there to be his love interest.

And now she's even served that purpose because now TPTB are killing her off for the dramatic punch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.