CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I agree!! Danny needs to be there for Flack for once! God at this point I'll take a little pat on the shoulder and be happy with it! :lol:

Again, I'm crushed. You should stop before I cry. Really.

Oh and for someone who doesn't care you've been responding to all my comments so...

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

This thread gets posts with the speed of light.
    o
    Yeah, it would be a great thing to have Danny be there for Don at least once. But in the past, when times were harder for Don, the writers didn't make much effort to show it, so I'm not holding my breath.

Also, ErinElizabeth, really, don't you think you are a bit juvenile? Chill, it's just a TV show, no need to get that angry over a fictional character.

3. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Are you kidding?! I'm not angry at all! The characters I like are going to live! I'm pumped!

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I think I'll survive Angell being killed off - she's not a main character, although I do like her it's not like they're killing off Danny or Flack - if they did that than I'd be upset. I kinda want the main characters to live on, to be honest.

5. imaguestage

imaguestage Dead on Arrival

Not that I want it to happen but if things are serious between them, I wonder if this will make Flack question staying on as a cop?

I know being a detective is in his blood but perhaps he may take a leave of absence and his return to uniform is left up in the air?

We saw Danny questioning why they do what they do back in season 4 I believe and, IIRC, it was Flack that gave him a reason. It could be very interesting to see Angell's death as a catalyst for Flack's own questioning of why he is a cop.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This is not the last we will see of Angell.

Aiden and Angell will come back as ghosts and haunt Danny forever until he gets rid of the baggage he keeps carrying around. In fact, the scene will play out like this:

INT. MESSER RESIDENCE - BEDROOM - NIGHT

AIDEN and ANGELL's SHADOWY GHOSTS float through the doorway. Aiden takes a FIRE PLACE POKER and pokes at LINDSAY, who is lying in bed.

ANGELL: I really wish she would have died instead.

AIDEN: I was lucky. I never had to meet her.

ANGELL: You're telling me. Woman has no personality at all. What the f*ck is she doing with Danny?

AIDEN: Where's Rikki?!?

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^ :lol: The ghosts of Angell and Aiden--I like it. :cool: Danny needs a good haunting!

I think that could be a really great storyline for Flack. I've always gotten the feeling that being a cop was ingrained into who he is, but now that he's seen the department turn on him--and now that he's going to lose the woman he's falling for/is in love with--will he rethink whether or not this life is for him or not?

It would be great if Danny was the one to pull Flack out of that, too.

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

WIN! :lol:

Now, yes, I really wonder if Danny will be there for Flack? It doesn't matter in my opinion how strong his relationship with Angell was, but still, your partner dies. It crushes you no matter what.

Second thing I wonder, and actually willing to make a bet on it: how long will it take Flack to get over Angell's death?

9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Hopefully a little longer than it took him to get over being blown up but who knows? :lol:

10. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Tonight's the night for the un-funnies then :rolleyes:.

As for Flack, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns in on himself. He doesn't seem to be one to reach out and ask for help, which is why I really want Danny to step up to the mark. I'm sure Mac will be there, but I really don't want Mac (or even Stella) to be the one's offering support, at least not the ONLY ones.

From what we've seen of Flack and Angell their relationship is in the fun stages. Still new and exciting and possibly not terribly serious at this stage. Do we know that they're exclusive? I tend to think they are, but I can't think of anything that makes that 'obvious'.

I can see it affecting Flack quite seriously in the short term, but not necessarily the long term. Let's face it, tptb don't really do long term so it's quite possible he'll be affected for the episode then back to his cheerful (albeit a little snarky) self by S6. I hope not though. :)

11. imaguestage

imaguestage Dead on Arrival

I think it would be great to see the role reversal for Danny and Flack. It's always Flack being there for Danny, telling him to grab onto his boot straps and buck up. It would be a perfect step in their friendship to have Danny be the one to help him through Angell's death.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Exactly. Every once in a while, the damsel-in-distress can help out the hero. I think it's Danny's turn!

Exactly. I like that Mac and Stella have good relationships with the people they work with, but in Flack's case, there's been so much made of the way he's been there for Danny time and time again. It would be great for Danny to see him have to push through some resistance on Flack's part to really be there for him. Like I said, Flack is constantly concerned about and being protective of Danny. The guy has dropped everything more than once to be there for Danny. It's time for that to be reciprocated.

It seems pretty likely to me that they're exclusive, but I wonder if they've said "I love you" to each other or not. I agree that they're in the beginning where it's fun and that they're having a good time, and obviously care about each other. But has it gone beyond that?

Yeah, I kind of think we'll see it in the finale, see it in the premiere, then maybe once or twice after that and that will be it. Flack isn't Danny, and I don't expect to see him moping, crying or falling apart over it, but I do wonder what his reaction will be like. I'm curious to see that.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If you do, you might as well change your SN to FAILizabeth.

As far as Flack goes, I really hope they explore his feelings with Angell's death. It would be really stupid if they brought them together and then her death is no big deal to him and he gets over it as fast as he got over his bombing injuries. But TPTB seem to be excelling at stupid lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if Flack is peachy keen and it's as if Angell never existed in the S6 opener.

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I could be wrong but I don't think it has gone beyond that. I don't feel as though I know enough about Angell to understand how quickly she'd jump into things romantically but I do see Flack as being a little cautious. I guess it all depends on when their relationship took off. I'm seeing it as something that's only been going on for a few weeks or a couple of months at the most so I very much doubt they've gone beyond the fun stages. Plus they work together so I imagine there'd be some added degree of caution, particularly from Flack.

15. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

[​IMG]

I'm so heartbroken.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back to business though, I really hope they don't just Flack it and forget it. I'd like to Eddie really sink his teeth into this storyline. He's a talented guy and he can do drama just as well as he can do comedy. From the spoilers I've read it looks like he's got a pretty tough scene with her dad.

I remember seeing him in Miracle and he pulled off the dramatic scenes really well so I can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.