CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

You don't like my joke?? I'm so crushed. :rolleyes:

You're just bitter because Lindsay isn't the one dying. Get over it.

2. grneyes

grneyes Victim

Is it insensitive if it's true?

I'm a tad sad to see Angell leave the show the way they're doing it, but at least they're giving her a storyline on the way out. She's just a recurring character.. she could have disappeared the way the other recurring characters do.. Anyone know what's happened to Kendall, Chad, Dr Zao, Detecive Maka, Detective Scagnetti? They all just sort of went *poof*

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You'd think since they hyped it as "one of the family" being killed and it "forever changing the line-up" that they'd have a funeral. But it's TPTB so I have no faith they'll do it.

On a side note, I'll be glad when the finale ends and I no longer have to fear having a seizure induced by a certain avatar. ;)

4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think this will be a good scene though, well from flack anyway, I hope they get a good actor to play Angells dad.

5. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I dunno, maybe I'll leave it up.
    Something to remember her by. :)

6. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Wow, a lot of people hate lindsey and i must say she is not one of my favorite characters but i never thought it would be here. I think most shows are trying to save money now by limiting characters especially on a prime time show where the character is not essential and to be honest as soon as her and flack were together i knew she was on her way out. The only confusion was when the scoop first hit that someone who die they made it sound like it would be a more essential character maybe that was the mislead she was my first choice. It sounds more like it was the shows choice which seems to be happening on a lot of shows this season but it is not like they really need her she is barely on and isn't really a focus on the show so i can see why they are going this way as far a couples they already have danny/lindsey and they seem pretty popular for the most part and there are enough characters to focus on with mac/stella and the rest of the cast

From what i hear the character of lindsey isn't back to work her scenes are still in the hospital where she has gone into labor but is taking time and i also read that stella goes to see her during this time which is after she walks out on mac during an argument about her disobeying him

7. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Top41. In your opinion there are other actress's that are more deserving of getting the boot. Doesn't mean TPTB feel the same way you do.

And I really dont think TPTB gave EV the boot. I think it would have been her decission to leave. Especially if the couldnt give her a regular gig. And IMO TPTB didnt lead anyone astray. The using of the words " A member of our family" usually points to it not being a Main Character.

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

If this is now 100% official, then it´s really a let down. So much for "we lose a member of our family"- Angell dies just when she was about to become a real member of the team-family.
    But OK, if it was Emmanuelle´s decision, we must accept it, though TPTB could have left her the door open a bit by not killing Angell, but writing her out alive and leave an option for her to return.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Bitter? I'm not bitter. Anna's bad acting and the poor excuse for a character that is Lindsay Monroe just gives us all more fodder for discussion. ;) Lindsay should be the one dying, but it's not the end of the world that she isn't.

But your joke still isn't funny. ;)

It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. No matter how much it annoys you. ;)

And yes, no one is more deserving of a boot from this show than Lindsay Monroe. Though maybe she can carry more Messer spawn if they need her to do something in subsequent seasons. :lol:

On that we can definitely agree. At the end of the day, she's put three years into the show and it's given her an opportunity to get some exposure while still being able to take other gigs. (I think she did a few movies or other shows, maybe?) But I think she can definitely move on to bigger roles.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  10. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Oh stop. If I was making fun of Lindsay you wouldn't have any problem with it.

Half of you are no better or any less juvenile when it comes to mocking Lindsay and DL so enough with the hypocrisy already.

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I have to say, I'm relieved. Out of all the characters the one I can deal with dying is Angell. Nothing against her, because I do like her, I'm just not as invested in her as I am with the others.

My fear was that it would be Lindsay, although that didn't make a huge amount of sense because she was only just coming back to work so I couldn't really imagine her being in a position to be 'targeted'.

So, while I'm happy it's not Lindsay (even happier it's not Danny) or one of the regulars, I'm relieved it's Angell but certainly not doing a 'happy dance'. I am looking forward to seeing how this impacts on Flack.

My one request to tptb?? You better have Danny Messer offering up some comfort for his friend!!! :scream:

12. electra

electra Pathologist

This remembers me why I stopped watching lost.First Aiden and now Angell are gone.And Lindsay and D/L would still be there.Cases are not getting better either.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

When Sara's fate was undetermined in the beginning of Season 8 of CSI, the spoilers covered up all the dialogue of Sara with another character--they would change Sara's name with another cast member's name.

I wonder if this will be the case with Angell; they want us to think it will be Angell, but instead it is another character.

14. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

It's Angell? Nooooo!
    I'll admit it, I kind of guessed that it would be her from the start. But I loved her too much to believe it was true.
    I really don't want anyone to die, but if I had to choose I would have picked Lindsay. She started out as a good character, but over the years she's kind of getting on my nerves. I still like her, but I'm more upset that it's Angell dying.
    :(

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, your joke still wouldn't be funny. Not funny is not funny. ;)

Yeah, we see through you. ;) What you don't get is that no one cares. ;)

So on topic, how do you guys think Flack will take it? It's obvious Flack really likes her and that their relationship is going strong, but it's hard to tell how serious it is outside of obviously being exclusive. I wonder how hard he'll take it--and if he'll open up to the other members of his team.

I know, no kidding, right?? It's about time Danny stepped up and was there for Flack! We'd better see that in the final episode, or at some point next season. As it stands now, their relationship is ridiculously uneven. Flack freaks out if Danny doesn't have a bulletproof vest, but Danny can't even offer a word of support when Flack's job is on the line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.