The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I read your fic Lonewolfe001. I absolutely love it! I didn't realize you were on here and when I saw what it was about I was like ..hmmm odd we were all just talking about this on Talk. Very well done and it just had me cracking up.

I had to find that ep and watch it again. Now I'm not so upset over that hug between Greg and Sara. Now I'm just thinking that Nick was by Greg's side before it was his turn to run. He gave him a little pep talk, maybe a little incentive to make him run faster. They were ahead until the dead body showed up.

2. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Head in the gutter is a good thing. :p

And I do have a rush of wishing that it was Nick that Greg was hugging, but I am pleased with the knowledge that Greg was hanging out with Nick before his turn. Plenty of time for hugs (and other things) then. :drool:

There will also be plenty of time for hugs etc when they get home. :p

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome to The Fort, CareBare.
    Certainly, you have earned your "The Love" investigator stripes, LoneWolfe :thumbsup: Nice catch, Greg had run earlier but, of course, he was waiting for his man. Lovely fic, thanks for writing it :)

I really can see Nick as the romantic one too:

[​IMG]

'Marriage is a public declaration of love'

[​IMG]

But I also think that Greg usually hides his feelings more....except when he's jealous :devil:

ITA. It's canon that Greg is into latex liquid, hair pulling, glitter....No wonder why Nick ( a jealous Nick) didn't want his boyfriend to spill the beans in this infamous scene in the closet :devil: from "Leave Out The Rest":

[​IMG]

In this scene from "Random Acts of Violence", we know Greg is mad. He calls him 'Stokes' instead of Nick. He crosses his arms and just how he's acting (so jealous!), Greg totally acts like my friend whenever her boyfriend goes out without her :lol: And Greg's "We gotta talk" is totally couply ;)

[​IMG]

Some recs for the weekend:

Clarrisani: "Battlefield", "Pounced", "Around The Table"
    Kennedy_Unknown: "We Get It Right", "Stokes, Sanders and The Lost Tribe of Samartia"
    carolinecrane: "The Sugar Rush" series, "Like Lettuce"

Egeria, I'd love to read your fics. :)

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think Nick is more romantic than Greg, just by Greg's actions and the things he has said/done in the past (like checking skin cells under a microscope and Nick responded by saying that romance is sending flowers). I am sure Greg has his romantic side as well but I just think that Nick is more dominate in that department.

Lonewolfe
    - very cute fic!

I have finally written another fic, its very short and rated pg-13, so I can link it. Hope you find it amusing. read it on WMTDB. - Or Its on my LJ as well.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I love that scene in Random Acts of Violence.

Anyway, I've been away for sooo long, it sucks. It's been mad around here, so I'm off to read back about 15 pages to see what I've missed!! Any good season 9 Love? I've not seen any eps past 10 (i think, maybe 11)

So, off to read the post, and then some of these Love fics :D

6. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I've been sorting through my caps this weekend and came across this little gem of Love...From Let the Seller Beware, Season Three

Nick and Grissom working away
    Greg comes in to talk to Grissom
    Nick's look says it all...

Seabird, I'm Seshat3 at FF.net and at WMTDB. Enjoy! I'm working on some fics this weekend too! Have a great idea for a one-shot, and still need to work on my multi-chapter. So I'll be busy, but when writing about Nick and Greg, it's hardly a hardship!

Oh...and Random Acts of Violence...I love how Greg says 'Point taken' but he's still miffed....sooo cute when he's jealous!

7. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Oh, those caps are excellent. Always with the fond looks from Nicky...he's awfully fond of Greg, doncha think?

And yes about the RaoV moment, he's totally still miffed at Nick, to the point you know Nick will be begging for some Love later on, but he does understand. Poor Greg. He's such a long suffering boyfriend. :adore:

I don't have anything new to add at the mo, but I just wanna bask in The Love. :)

8. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

"The Grave Shift" was on tonight, and the scene in the restaurant has become one of my all time favourites now. There was just such a casual air to it, and despite having someone sitting between them Nick and Greg were almost having a couply conversation at the start of the scene, and it continued throughout. Even when they are setting up the office there was that casual "together" feel to them. I mean, it could just be me, but I rather enjoyed "The Love" in this episode.

And for those who lost the link.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I finally got my dvd of season 7 in the mail and I had to watch the whole first disc so I could watch Fannysmacking again. I've watched it a few times, but I caught something last night, that might have already been mentioned in here, but I've never read it, so forgive me if it's been talked about. In the scene when Greg is driving down the road to the alley, he's listenting to country music...hmmmm Greg doesn't listen to country music, just the opposite. He likes Manson and other heavy sort of music. So this leads me to believe that some certain Texan is rubbing off on him in more ways than one. Maybe his love of Nick is turning his taste to his kind of music. Then after I watched the ep normal, I had to watch it again with the commentary on and whoever the guys were talking, it wasn't Eric so I didn't bother to catch names, they were some kind of PTB. Anyways, at that part they mention he's listening to country music and the name of the song then one says they don't know why they put that in there. Like they knew that wasn't Greg's taste of music from previous eps. I think there is a slash mole in the music department.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I never realised that! Well, I've only watched it twice (can't bring myself to watch it - poor Greg :() and I never really paid much attention to the music. But you're right, someone must have put it in knowingly. I mean TPTB (or the music department) aren't that stupid? Well, ... :shifty:

I've recently watched The Theory of Everything and Fallen Idols, both episode in which Nick wears those extremely tight jeans :eek:. I swear his pants were so tight in TToE that I thought for a moment he accidentally put on some of Greg's. I mean both were sick in that episode ...
    Oh, and in Two and a Half Deaths Nicky wore another "isn't he adorable, I'm so proud of him" look on his face when they were analysing a tape. Nicky's so smitten with Greg :adore::luvlove:

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

It would be nice if that were the case, however IMO Greg isn't listening to music at all. Its just the soundtrack of the scene itself(Although that could have a subtext type of meaning). He makes no move to turn it down or off. I could be wrong but that's how I see the scene. Although I can see Nick's taste in music rubbing off on him and visa versa.

12. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I love that scene, it's so comfortable, yk? I get that vibe from them a lot though, like you said, that they are just so at ease together, it really speaks about something deeper.

Also, nice little pimp there. :p

Very interesting. I agree that it's the soundtrack, and we can't know if Greg was listening to anything at all, but it still holds that it was playing just then, and this is Greg. I can't fathom any reason to play that soundtrack for him, except the obvious. :lol: Of course, it's likely just a coincidence, but for slashers, nothing is a coincidence. ;) Clearly being with Nick has mellowed him out.

Oh, I love that scene in TaaHD...which is why I capped it a few pages back. :p He's such the smitten kitten. :adore:

And tight jeans, eh? Perhaps I'll have to pay some close attention next time I watch. Oh, who am I kidding, when Nick is on the screen, I'm entranced. :luvlove:

13. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Egeria and Clarrisani, thank you so much for the links to your fics :)

Aquila, I went back and I found your post about the great Nick/Greg subtext in "Two Men and Half" that love_fan mentioned before. Nick is totally smitten, right? Who could blame him? ;)
    Exactly. Nothing is a coincidence after NINE years of subtext ;) Have you noticed the parallelism between these two scenes?:

- In "Fannysmackin", when Greg is driving down the alley before he was beaten, the soundtrack is country music.
    - In "Grave Danger", when Nick is driving, just right before being kidnapped in the alley, he's singing a country song.

So true! In "The Grave Shift", I love the looks they shared at the restaurant ( this time, Riley is the third wheel :lol:) and their scene at the office (*thinks of twiztid4togo's fic*;))

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yay, caps. :D That smitten look really struck me, and seeing the caps again just confirms it.

Good parallels...in that case you could say even their music is mirroring. :adore: But the scenes are very similar, and they are also very close...GD at the end of s5 and FS what middle of s6? The writers had to be aware of what they were doing...that is their jobs, right?

Regardless, nice catch.

And yeah, the country music? So telling. It's clear that Nick is rubbing off (oooh yeah) on Greg, no matter how you view their relationship at that point.

15. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Does anyone have the screen cap when Nick & Greg were at the Go Karts. Where they were standing at the counter looking yummy. Nick completely ignored the girl behind the counter (another "The Love" moment). I bet if Warrick was there, Nick would force himself to flirt with the girl *urgh*

Here is the DNA scene:

Greg is a romantic in a weird way (ps. there is no blonde with green eyes). I bet Nick would send Greg flowers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.