The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Don't ask me which episode it was but it was in early S1 that Nicky dated a detective. They were on a case together and she asked him if he ever intended on calling her back or something like it. Nicky was so uncomfortable and you could really tell that he so didn't want to go on another date with her :lol:

2. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Ahh yes, that's the one. I would have found it, but he's still watching Off the Grid. :rolleyes: Hubby wants us to do that, but I would fade away without the internet. :p

I don't remember the name of the detective, but she was all 'I had a good time but you never called,' and Nicky said 'I haven't called yet,' but did we hear any more about it? Was he really gonna call, really? He was ignoring her pretty blatantly, completely intent on the scene. Honestly, it's not like he can't take a second to look her in the eye, he seemed very dismissive, way more than he needed to be. He's not interested and not even trying to hide it.

It seems to me that serial dating without ever having an actual girlfriend is a simple way of staying in the closet. That Ladies Man rep really wouldn't take much maintaining, and is a very thick smokescreen...but it just doesn't sit right. Sorry TPTB.

Hmmm, I seem to have lost my train of thought...but that fact is, those little things they put in to maintain the image don't hold up to his actual behavior, yk?

Oh, and I watched Grissom's Divine Comedy and I loved that they were both sick. There were a few looks in the garage in that ep that made me grin, and Greg with the scarf around his neck? Priceless. :luvlove:

3. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

I beleive her name was Detective Secula but I could be wrong. And yeah Aquila, Nick was being more dimissive towards her than he needed to be really. He wasn't gonna call her back! No way!

You're right about the looks in the garage in Grissom's Devine Comedy :devil:, there were a few indeed and also the comment Greg made "Thank God for stuffy noses", he knew Nick had a cold whereas Warrick was quite surprised by his friend's state later on in the same ep...;)

4. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Two and a Half Deaths was filled with The Love. Firstly, when Nick brings Mr. Littel into the lab, Greg says 'little' and the look he got from Nick after the guy admonished him was totally smitten. :adore:

See? He's so lovely. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then a Nicky moment when Nick is interviewing the robot man, who was fairly good looking and Nick's showing plenty of interest, more even than when he's basically been flashed. :lol: Then right after he has a scene with Greg...the producer guy says something about beautiful people doing high tech police work right before they walk in on Greg, and there are some lovely warm looks between the boys. :hugegrin:

And I have to agree with what's been said before...in For Gedda and the diner scene, Nick is totally gazing at Greg (and not the waitress :p) for those moments, it's all in the eyeline...and he has a sweet smile on his face too. :adore:

5. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Awww.....Nick is totally smitten in that scene from "Two and a Half Deaths" :adore: Thanks for those screen caps, Aquila. And great posts (and findings) everyone! :thumbsup:
    Nick gazing at Greg in the diner scene from "For Gedda". No words are needed here, it's pure subtext.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And how about Greg's smile when he looked at Nick? :adore:

[​IMG]

Stokes4Me, they were so telling us something with the boys having a cold in "Grissom's Divine Comedy"....;) And the blond at the start of season 7 was just a plot device to leave Catherine alone at that club (which led to more Catherine drama).

Exactly. Smokes and mirrors. Even Grissom doubt of Nick's ladies man rep in "Who Are You?". He told Nick something like: "to be a ladies man, you don't know much about female anatomy" :guffaw:

6. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Great caps there Aquila and seabird! Aww, Nicky is almost purring in that scene from Two and a Half Deaths:adore:

And the dinerscene from For Warrick is so cute! Look at Greg's smile! He can't help himself when sitting so close to that Texan:devil:!

I loved the last episode, Miscarriage of Justice, Nick and Greg work so well together. When they were in the kitchen they knew exactly who would do what without wording it and it wsa easy to imagine their mornings together at home with Greg making breakfast for his Nicky ;).

And the last scene in the club/bar - a lot of looks between the boys :devil:! Of course they weren' too blatant by sitting next to eachother but close enough to have a perfect view of eachother - yum! :drool:

7. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Lol. It especially says something when that's coming from Grissom. I love Grissom and I don't mean to hate on him with this comment, but I think they made it fairly clear that he probably had not been seeing much female anatomy prior to Sara...

On Fiorella's question, I would agree with the interpretation where Nick is gay and in the closet and Greg is bi.

And I love your analysis, Maggs! Processing guns will never look the same ;)

8. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, and it's not just that look either, it's the eyeline here...

He's looking at the waitress

[​IMG]

then down to Greg, and you can see it's Greg he's looking at, cause Greg is in the frame...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then from the side,

[​IMG]

Then he's all smiles, and you can see who for.

[​IMG]

It's that same smitten look I posted last time...he has this look a lot around Greg...I wonder why. :confused:

:guffaw:

Totally. If they made it genuine I'd believe it, but it seems that every woman they push at Nick is a plot device...I know everything is technically a plot device, but if you don't do it well, it's not believable. You gotta make me feel it, writers, and we've got far to much evidence of Nick being gay and just as much for The Love for me to believe that Nick is ladies man. :p

omg that is way too funny. I need to rewatch that now. :lol:

Isn't he just? I was surprised by that one, so I had to cap it. :p

Yeah, I haven't watched this one yet, since I've been pushing through the old eps...but I'm almost caught up so I'll watch it tonight for sure. Can't wait.

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

Right from the start when I started watching csi long ago, I thought Greg was at least bi, but never really gave Nick a thought. This was of course before I saw the light and started shipping them. Now I totally think Nick is gay and I'm sort of torn on Greg, rather he's still just Bi or gay. I think maybe he started off bi, but then when he met Nick that changed, he's totally gay now.

I'll be starting season 5 as soon as it comes in the mail. Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of Nick helping Greg become a csi? I don't think I've seen much of season 5 in the past. I think it was nice that Nick is so supportive of Greg becoming a csi. In the ep where Nick found out they scrapped the csi promotion for something in the lab, he said Greg was going to be happy. Also someone mentioned an ep where Sara and Nick were talking and Catherine used Greg instead of them for a case and Sara was upset about it. She mentioned it to Nick and he seemed really happy that Greg was getting the experience. That part just made me go "AWEEEEE"

10. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I so love your 'before I saw the light' :guffaw:
    I see Nick as gay who's not really ready to admit it, Greg I think is bi

yeah, IMO the episode with Nick and Sara fighting with Cath (I think it's season 4?) was the best proof how devoted Nick is to Greg and vice versa. Actually, I thought that at the beginning Nick was disappointed that Greg was helping Cath (probably felt betrayed) but then he thought it over and was happy it was a chance for Greg to get experience. And of course, Greg sooo didn't want to work without Nick :)

well, season 5's not the best for us, there aren't a lot of N/G scenes (I blame Ecklie for this :mad:) but Who Shot Sherlock is a sweet episode, Nick really can't stay away from Greg :lol:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

What Grissom actually said was "You know, for a ladies' man you don't know much about bone structure."

And Nick's answer is also very telling

NICK: "I know all I need to know."

In other words, Nick doesn't need to know about female bone structure when all he cares about is Greg's! :)

12. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

That was fantastic, those scenes. The way I see it, Nick is thinking about Greg and is happy when Greg is happy.

I agree, that episode is great, not only because of Nick thinking about Greg's happiness, but also the way he deals with the whole thing shows just how much of a gentleman he is. He's got every reason to be pissed, he is pissed, but he doesn't lash out on Greg like Sara does, he knows that Greg is blameless.

And yeah, not a lot of N/G in s5 or s6 really, but there is still some goodies in there. I do like to imagine how it would be if Nick had trained Greg instead of Sara...and how many Love moments that would have spawned. TPTB would have had kittens. :p

But despite the shortage of The Love, there are plenty of paperclip!Nick moments to fill the void. ;)

I remember that now. Lovely Nicky, as usual. I remember when he said 'I know all I need to know,' I thought, 'well you don't need to know much to shag men, do you?' :lol:

13. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Again, great posts everyone! :thumbsup:
    SO TRUE. Nick is very focused on...other things *points to my icon* ;)

The episode was "No More Bets", right? I think it was a very telling scene, don't you think? "Greg will be happy".....:adore:

My thoughts exactly. Here's gentleman Nick:

IN THE OFFICE

SARA: "I would take you and me over Catherine anytime"
    NICK: "She's got Greg helping her?
    SARA: "Yeah"
    NICK: "Well, the only way to learn is by getting out in the field and if he helps find her, I'm okay with that"

And here's sweet Greggo, sticking up for Nick:

IN THE LAB

(Catherine and Greg sort through some trash)

CATHERINE: "Remember, we're looking for anything this guy did last Thursday November 6"
    GREG: "So, I know Warrick's off and Sara's pissed. Why not ask Nick to help?"

Very true. Nick couldn't take his hands off Greg ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, I love those caps...even while he's getting hugs from everyone, Nick's hands are still on him, and that hand on the back of the neck? Guh. We haven't seen that for ages, so I love that they got that in there.

I need to make my own caps...not cause I want to watch it again or anything. Nothing like that... :adore:

15. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I think Greg is gay not bi. He might have flirted with the ladies but he has never gone out with any of them. But Nick on the other hand has not only dated but slept with women. I am not saying Nick is bi because of that. Maybe Nick is straight (not attracted to men in general) but Greg's the exception (doesnt that make their LOVE even more special. i am sure things like that can happen).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.