The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I think he became Level 3 in S9, haven't seen it though but if I remember correctly Nick made him invite them all for drinks? Correct me if I'm wrong. We never actually saw him getting promoted to Level 2, must have happened between S7 and 8?

I don't think both being Level 3 (I think it's the highest you can get) poses a thread to their relationship. We've seen Nicky being pleased with Greg going into the field (S4) so I think he's just extremely proud of his man. Besides Nick'll always have seniority over Greg, so I think they wouldn't really compete over promotions?

About whose the more romantic in their relationship? I'd have to go with Nicky, too. I think we just haven't seen enough of Greg's romantic side on the show (yet). So it'd be Nicky.

2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I don't think its a problem that they're both Level 3 either. I think Nick is darn proud of Greg for his achievements. And to me, it took Greg 3 years to get to Level 3, which doesn't seem too fast, in my opinion. And hey, Greg had a good team helping him out, teaching him and mentoring him.

I also think Nick is the romantic one, not that Greg isn't capable of romance, but Nick who is very empathic and thoughtful, would think of romance more often.

I thought i had posted these but it seems I haven't.

Nick isn't focused on the evidence
    But can you blame him?

Seriously...it's written on their faces. :adore:

Oh and...anyone reading my fics, look for a couple of new one shots this weekend! ;)

3. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Thanks for all the fic tips guys! Wojo, you rock! Clarissani, brilliant! And I am looking forward to the weekend egeria - you know it! You are all so talented and amazing writers.:)

And thanks for all the caps!

Onto Nick & Greg...I agree with Nick being the romantic of the two seeing as he is so in touch with his feelings and not afraid to show them from time to time. Not that Greg isn't romantic of course;). But the important question is, who is the more dominant of the two? Is this too "un-PG13" a question to ask by the way?:alienblush:

And I don't think Greg being a CSI Level 3 poses any threat to their relationship. If you think about it, it was Nick who brought it up probably because he was so proud of his man becoming Level 3!:adore:

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ah, loved their conversation in that episode! I mean Greg telling Nick he's open 24 hours :devil::guffaw: ...

Just watched Bull again. I love that episode, so good for the Love. Greg coming to Nick's rescue when Wendy told them her little story was great and later on when they talked to the chapel lady. I've said it like a hundred time but I'll say it again, Nick was so close to touch Greg's knee when he got up!

I've also watched Grissom's Divine Comedy and I know someone mentioned it before, but the DA was talking about the team (and not in a good way) and said kind of sarcastic that Nick was a "straight arrow" and only a few seconds later she mentioned his hooker girlfriend.
    Another bonus, both have a cold which led me to the question of who takes care of whom. Greg seemed to be rather pissed off when Warrick teased him about his scarf. Do you think he'll give Nick a hard time at home?

5. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I think that Greg being a level 3 actually equals them out, so any supposed favoring is clearly false.

And I agree that Nick is the romantic...the lace, remember? Greg I think is all about the leather. Rowr.

I love the caps egeria, thanks for those. :) I love that conversation.

I have read all Clarrisani's fics on LJ, but they're at wmtdb too. :thumbsup: I totally rec them, she's an amazing writer. :D And I'm not biased either. That much. :p

I have more to say, but for some reason (aka, the kids) I'm a little distracted. Not unlike the boys when the other is around. ;)

6. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Just a quick reminder: Posting pictures are absolutely fine, especially when they bring up great discussion topics. But please keep in mind that you must include discussion in your "picture post." Thank you.

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Almost forgot to answer that question ;). Anyway, I think that in most stories Nick is portrayed as the "dominant" one in their relationship but I think that you can't really generalize it. Both are very strong man and therefore I think they are "equal" in every aspect of their relationship, if you get what I mean :devil:

I have to admit that, although I must have watched it countless times, I was never really convinced that their little "relationship" conversation in RAoV was that subtexty *hides in shame* but after watching it (yet) again I have to change my mind. The way Greg looks at Nick, like Nick owes him something and accuses him, it shows there is definitely more between them. And the way Nick smiles when he turns to talk to Greg. Ah, so cute! I bet the conversation continued in some way (or another :devil:) at home.

Btw, and completely off topic, I'm so sick of snow! Why won't it stop snowing???:scream::scream::scream:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  8. CareBare

CareBare Victim

Hey, i'm new. I'm just starting to find my way around here, i do have Nick/Greg stories posted in various places though.

When i first started watching CSI i wasn't all that into Nick or Greg to be honest, however i did notice that they had chemisty and i kept wondering if there was gonna be some shipper type story about them. And then Nick was stalked and Greg got blown up and i fell for them both in a really big way, Greg a little more than Nick.

And now i'm addicted. During every episode I wait for Nick/Greg moments, and i've got so many favourites. At the moment though i've been really enjoying Rashomama and Fallen Idols. They just seem so comfortable and intimate with one another, and their shared looks speak volumes without them having to say a word.

9. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Welcome to the Fort CareBare!

I can only agree with you about their looks speaking volumes!:devil:
    Those are some good eppys for The Love, Rashomama and Fallen Idols:drool:, I often wonder what their "detention" had been if Sara had not been there? Would Greg do something about Nick being all upset about being without a car and maybe helping him with his "smell" in the shower perhaps?:devil::alienblush:

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the Fort CareBear! You'll love it here :thumbsup:

Ah, now that is unfair, Stokes4Me, now I have to think about the boys being alone in their detention :devil: I bet Greg was laughing his ass off when he saw Nick's car and Nicky would have been pouting which would have led Greg to something completely different ... :devil:

I just loved Fallen Idols. The boys walking together at the crime scene and Nick calling Greg Casanova. Plus talking about rope and back seats ...

11. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I do not know whether anyone has noticed this before , but I was watching "Dead Ringer" (season 4) and I noticed that when Sara hands Nick the running stick thing, she was immediatly hugged by Greg. Which means that Greg was keeping Nick company while Nick was waiting for the start of his part of the race. This might be not be evidence of "The Love" but it is kinda sweet and defiantly there is a plot bunny in there somewhere.

Maybe Greg finished his part of the race earlier and afterwards went to cheer his boyfirend/secret crush on. Or Greg was Nick's coach *giggles*, maybe they were training buddies.

If you watch the first segment and notice where everyone on the team is during the race, why would Greg be with Nick and not with anyone else (let the non-believers try to answer that !!!)

I think I have earned my "The Love" investigator stripes. LOL

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

That's a good catch and question, why is Greg with Nick at that part?? I sort of let out a grumble when I saw him and Sara hugging, but now I feel better thinking all that time he was with Nick. I think Greg ran earlier in the race because later in the show when Greg is with Dave and the body up on top of the hill where it was found, Dave asked Greg how he did running and Greg says something like " I'm still alive." So I took it that he did run in the race.

I think Nick would definitely be the romantic one and Greg would be the one to add a little spice to their love life, creams, jells, toys... I could see Greg being more adventurous and spontaneous. Nick would be more like the one to plan it out and decorate the room with candles, soft music, silk sheets.

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I realized it at some point too but I always forgot to mention it. Isn't it nice to think that Greg was with Nick?! I'm not that concerned about the hug he gave Sara since I always thought of them as brother and sister ...
    Oh, they were definitely training "buddies". Just think of them all sweaty after a long run ... I mean they would have to shower at some point, right :devil:?

Oh my, I have no idea why but my head is in the gutter today, sorry for that :drool::wtf:

14. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Ah well, at least I am not the only one who noticed that. As for the hug, I was intially was peeved until I began to wonder why Greg would be there.

As for having a gutter mind. I can help there. I wrote my own "training session" one shot. You can find it on WMTDB (What makes the desert beautiful), its called "No Pain, No Gain"

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=5857

Its PG though, I am not cable of writing smut yet. But its my humble attempt.

There are better writers than me, that could do this better justice. Maybe we should start a "Training session" fic challenge. What do you think?

Back to Dead Ringer, of course Greg was there for Nick. If you had time to kill after your race would you wait for your special someone at the end of their race espicially if you had lots of time to kill. No, you would see him/her at the start of the race becuase you could not wait that long to be with him/her.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes you have! I don't think I ever made that connection myself but thinking about it makes me smile. Knowing that Greg was with Nick and keeping him company while he was waiting his turn to run. I never really minded the Sara/Greg hug, I thought it was cute. They are/were such good friends.

Welcome CareBear!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.