Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Yup, I rewatched "Manhattan Manhunt" yesterday and while she was being extremely obnoxious because Mac told her -along with Hawkes, but she's so self-centered she doesn't care- to go to the lab, she whined about having seen "a lot worse than that" aka teh dark seekrit! Maybe the writers wanted to develop it more gradually but were forced to speed things up unreasonably due to Anna's personal situation. Anyhow, it was all a mess. I agree with those of you who say Lindsay's incomprehensible features are both the writers' and Anna's fault. She's not Oscar material, but she did quite well in some registers until they forced her to try something different for the sake of oh the drama.

2. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Thanks for your answers:)

I just thought there could have been a change because of ´Bad Beat´ and the shotgun.
    Perhaps the writers only forgot that in season 3:D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I was rewatching some reruns, and I was so surprised that Aiden was replaced so quickly. It's not as if they needed to replace her. (Not replace her in a character sense... more like there was an open spot for a female role that needed to be filled, apparently... :rolleyes:). It would've been better if Stella had been the only woman for a while. It doesn't really matter. And if they wanted so badly to have another female character, then she should've been represented by a better actress and written better. They could've waited...

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Also, it was "Bad Beat" where she found that shotgun in the dumpster, held it up and made a joke to Mac about it, 'Somebody threw away a perfectly good shotgun'. Why didn't that bother her?

I have a theory on the montage/fan video but I need to put it in a spoiler box.
    All we've seen since this pregnancy/marriage storyline started has been DL basically happy (small problems but the majority happy). Then all of the sudden they get married and tptb focus on 'til death do us part' in the vows and then we get that montage video and really, they weren't even a couple for 98% of it. It is my theory that that video signifies the end of happy DL and that Lindsay will be the one killed in the finale. Kinda like: here's your happy ending. PERIOD.

I agree that she was being selfish. She was new to the team but still felt the need to question her boss's decision. She also called him 'sir' again which he'd told her not to do in "Zoo York". She wanted to work the scene and then threw a little tantrum when Mac sent her back to the lab. Processing the evidence is just as important, if not more, as collecting it because what good would collecting it be if there wasn't somebody at the lab good enough to process it?

She wants what she wants when she wants it and if she doesn't get that, she throws a tantrum.

5. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ That's one of the most annoying things about her. Her immaturity is astounding. :(

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Linsday texting Danny the sex of the child shows how little thought TPTB put into her character. Couldn't they have recorded Anna's voice telling Danny before she went on maternity so they could make it look like she phoned and actually spoke to him?

7. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think the point of the final scene was to have Danny's baby naming efforts blow up in his face and to give the rest of the team an opportunity to laugh at him (in the nicest way of course). I can understand tptb thinking that a phone call would detract from the focus of the moment, which ultimately was a Danny/team bonding moment.

Personally I'm not looking too deeply into Lindsay texting the news to him because really it didn't make much sense. Although it is another example of how tptb engineer situations to get the 'aww' factor in there, without thinking about the 'bigger picture' implications for the characters.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think Danny stepping aside to answer the phone while Adam was putting his foot in his mouth about Mac's name (and us not hearing what Danny says) - and then Danny returning to confirm that Lindsay just told him they're having a girl - would have gotten the same information across without taking away from the scene (and without making it look like TPTB don't even think about how things will look).

Also - why must people always ask Danny how Lindsay is doing? Don't they communicate with her themselves? Stella couldn't say, 'Ok, Lindsay, take care of yourself. Bye' before joining another character to discuss the case? Mac couldn't mention talking to her and someone else asks him how she's doing?

Apparently only Danny is allowed to communicate with Lindsay, lest we forget that they're married with a bun in the oven.

I swear, TPTB need a person to read through the scripts and look at things from a different, overall perspective - so many of the problems we can find with Lindsay in particular (and the show in general) could be improved with just a few minor tweaks!

9. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Yep, exactly. :D

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Now Lindsay's role has been reduced to that of an incubator. The only reason she's around is to carry Danny's baby. They could have easily had a recurring character be Danny's baby momma if they wanted him to have an offspring. Hell, for as much as Anna is involved in the story line they could've pulled a "Maris" from Frazier and not had anyone play the baby momma. Danny could just talk about "Maris" being preggers and then one day, Boom - Danny announces "Maris" had the kid and we see Danny/Baby moments with references to "Maris."

It just makes no sense why they wrote in the pregnancy, unless the intention from the get go was to have Danny become a father and Anna's pregnancy just ended up making their decision - actually changing their decision - of who would be the momma.

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

It's mindboggling that they would want anyone to produce Danny's child. Out of all the characters on the show, he's the most immature. If they made him grow up over the next two seasons, then they could have given him a little bundle of joy, whether he was with the mother or not.

This little kid will end up being the parent before it reaches double figures.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree. I don't think the intended mother of Danny's child was going to be Lindsay. I think it was Rikki and that's why they were going to bring her back.

It's mind boggling that they would want Lindsay to have a child. We've seen her interactions with children on the show and frankly, kids don't seem to like her. :p I think Danny will make a great father and so far they've done nothing but show how invested he is in this child, much more invested than he seems to be in his marriage.

Lindsay texting Danny to tell him the sex of the baby was just plain weird. I could understand if they already had one or two but good Lord, this is their FIRST. Why would she wanna share something that important through a text message and why would she want to do it in Montana WITHOUT Danny? It's just more proof they can't communicate worth a shit and this marriage is probably NOT gonna last.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  13. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Yeah, lack of communication is the first step to the break down of marriage.

14. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

It's mind boggling that they would want Lindsay to have a child. We've seen her interactions with children on the show and frankly, kids don't seem to like her. :p I think Danny will make a great father and so far they've done nothing but show how invested he is in this child, much more invested than he seems to be in his marriage.

Lindsay texting Danny to tell him the sex of the baby was just plain weird. I could understand if they already had one or two but good Lord, this is their FIRST. Why would she wanna share something that important through a text message and why would she want to do it in Montana WITHOUT Danny? It's just more proof they can't communicate worth a shit and this marriage is probably NOT gonna last.[/quote]

i know txtin him the sex i mean come on she could have at leat called him and is it me or is she always calling him ive never seen him once pick up the phone or even mention that he misses her it took mac to ask for him to even mention her if he loved her enough to marry her surely hed be missing her.if i was having a baby with my wife (which would be kind of weird as im a teenage girl:p) i would do anything to get to every single one of those scans.
    and what the hell is happening with them? are they moving in with each other? have they brought any baby things? have they thought how they gonna work around it? this storyline is just so obviously rushed and really pathetic. and also i think lindsay will make a bad mother because your right she is terrible with children.
    I think thats about it lol :guffaw:

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, it looks like we won't be retiring this thread any time soon since Lindsay isn't going to die in the finale.

Should I be happy or sad that we're still going to have plenty of reasons to post in here?