Episode 7x19 - 'Target Specific' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 21, 2009.

1. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Right now I'm curious to how he's gonna cover up all of his wounds. He can't just walk into CSI multicoloured!

2. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

I haven't said this about an episode of CSI: Miami in a long, long time, but I really, really enjoyed last night's episode. It was fast paced, entertaining and held my attention the entire time. It wasn't perfect of course, but overall, I liked it. :thumbsup:

I really liked the fact that the victim didn't die. I was actually working my way up to a full scale rant at first because I was thinking she was going to die, and I didn't like the way they were showing her struggle to survive if it was all going to be for naught. But, she lived and it actually ended up being a very powerful sequence.

I laughed so hard at the part with Ryan and the dog...and then later when he went to Animal Control and the Animal Control lady had to reassure him that the dog was out cold and no threat to him. :lol:

I also thought it was cute the way the dog seemed so interested in watching Eric test the blood on its collar.

I thought the E/C moments were handled nicely and also thought the bit where Ryan was having a bit of a go at Eric over it was a nice touch too. Actually, I liked all the character moments, even Natalia--whose never been a favorite of mine--really got a chance to shine.

Cannot wait for next week's episode! (There's another 'I can't believe I'm saying this' moment.) I have a feeling Jonathan Togo is going to knock it out of the park.

I agree completely. I only quoted a brief portion of you post, but I think the whole thing was very well said. :thumbsup:

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Wait wait wait, I'm confused. Ryan gets kidnapped and tortured, THEN he goes and does all the evil guys biddings, right?

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Right. Presumably during his torture they bring up the fact that they have kidnapped Billy, and Ryan then agrees to their terms. It's possiblet that Ryan simple cracks under the torture and agrees to their wishes, but I think Ryan's stronger than that. That's speculation though. What's confirmed is that in the next episode Ryan does take orders from the Russian mob.

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Ryan was so cute in that scene. His response to the dog being out cold, I knew that :lol:

I agree, Eric's reaction to seeing Calleigh and the horse trainer in the picture was a natural one. It wasn't childish at all.

I can't wait to see next week's episode. I really hope Ryan is saved before something seriously bad happens. The speculations on this thread are creeping me out!

6. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Although Ryan may be taking orders from the mob to botch evidence on a murder case, apparently he screws up right in front of Calleigh and Eric. They will probably be thinking WTF at first, but I think that Calleigh and Eric will realize that something is wrong! I think he is supposed to pick up evidence without a glove on among other things. I think that Ryan will be trying to tell someone that something is wrong without actually saying it. I'm sure that the mob will say that they are watching him and if he says anything to anyone they will kill Billy. Calleigh and Eric have worked with Ryan long enough to know that he is a damn good cop and he would not screw up evidence gathering without a reason. I agree that I think we are going to get some real powerful acting from Jonathon Togo.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe he has teleporting powers. :lol:

That animal control girl really bugged the crap out of me. Lady, neither Ryan nor Eric were flirting with you, give it up. Ugh. It bugs me when girls think that just because a guy speaks nicely to them that it means they're flirting with them. :lol: I wanted to splash cold water in the girl's face, seriously. She was annoying, big time. :lol:

That bugged me too. He should definitely not have been allowed any visitors.

By the way, someone said something about it being weird that Tara wasn't in the episode. It wasn't really weird because the victim lived, so there was no need for Tara. And there was no need for an autopsy on the guy shot in front of Cal and H.

That also bothered me. Of course they couldn't pull the same storyline they did when Calleigh was abducted, so they had to figure out another way. I think they should have just written him as being kidnapped in the parking garage or something like that. :lol:

Kyle was in the episode. He was standing behind the clear glass doors when Calleigh and Eric were talking about the photos. I didn't realize at the time that it was him, but I did see a blonde guy looking at them. :lol: Now I realize it was Kyle. That was all he was in this ep though.

Yeah, it was because Ryan was on its turf, Eric wasn't. My dogs will bark at anyone they don't know well who comes into the backyard, but if we take them to the vets, they only bark at the other animals (well, not always). :lol:

Not if its a back tooth. It'll be harder to notice. I think other than hitting him, this will probably be all they do (except maybe shocking him). The thing about his neck is probably to pull the chair back to better get access to his mouth. I mean when you have a dentist pull a tooth, you're lying back in the chair, right? I think the rocking in the chair when it just showed his feet was either Ryan trying to get loose or maybe possibly they shock him with a low grade taser or something, just enough to hurt some, but not enough to make him pass out. As for screaming in the promo, I would imagine anyone would scream if someone was pulling their tooth out without the aide of numbing agents. :lol: It would hurt like crazy.

That was adorable. The doggie was cute. :lol:

I think you're right about that. Ryan has always been very smart and good at being sneaky. :lol: And people who've known each other as long as this team has often have their own way of communicating with each other than no one else will be able to decipher. I'm sure that Ryan mishandling evidence in front of especially Calleigh will be because he's giving her a sign that he's in trouble. I have a feeling that if she doesn't figure it out in time, she will be forever blaming herself for whatever happens to Ryan and/or Billy. The reason I say mishandling in front of Calleigh is a big sign is ... well remember that one ep where he brought the blood evidence to the courthouse and Calleigh got on to him for it? He was only supposed to bring the documentation of it not the actual vial of blood. Classic rookie mistake. mishandling the evidence this time in front of Calleigh will be Ryan's way of signaling to her that he's not okay. Hopefully she'll pick up on it.

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

*sigh* Everyone keeps forgetting this. They tell Ryan about Billy AFTER he's been released from their torture. They call him at work and use Billy as an added incentive.

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

That's what I've always thought too! Super H materializes in a beam of light wherever he so desires. You think you can get away with your crime? You must not know about Super H and his ability to pop into being right next to you without being detected!

I... uh... well... don't kill me! But I thought that Ryan WAS kind of flirting with her. The way he said "well Mindy, I think you do know something about solving crimes!", and the way he smiled, and leaned towards her slightly... it said "flirting" to me. *cringes* No, don't spear me! I swear, I'm still a R/V shipper.

I hadn't thought of that while I was watching the show, but once someone else brought it up in this thread, my brain went "OH YEEEEAAAAH!" It's so true, his visitor privileges would've been revoked at that point, or at least after Horatio's visit.

Yeah, I think he was the one Calleigh glanced at when Eric said "someone's photographing us", after which Calleigh's eyes darted to the side and she asked "someone knows about us?"

I don't have much to say about this but...

I think you both are 100% correct! :D

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ryan's like that (the slight lean toward) with everyone though. :lol: He did the same thing with Calleigh in that ep where she asked if he wanted to get a beer after work. He leaned toward her slightly, smiled and said "you mean you're not mad at me cause I heard we got in a big fight". So, I think it's more just his nature. I don't think he was flirting in the "can I get your number" kind of way. :lol: But, the girl was blatantly obvious. She did the same kind of think with Eric. She came off as kind of like she was desperate for a date. Like she was thinking "Please please ask me for my number". :lol: She came off that way with both Ryan and Eric. It just really bothered me. :lol:

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

No that's not necessarily true. Prisoners don't have visitor's privileges provoked unless there are good reasons. Prisoners are entitled to have visitors no matter what they have done. If he was in solitary confinement he would see his visitor in a little room with the window and they would talk on the phone. (Knows someone in the prison system-but don't freak out!)

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

See, that's what I thought. But I'm getting so cofused! :lol:

Ah, before I continue: ANDREI = RYAN'S KIDNAPPER
    To me it looks like Ryan just gets punched in the face a lot and eventually gets a tooth or two pulled. I can't really say the rope around the neck and his feet really serves any other purpose than to keep him still, but to me it doesn't seem to be doing it's job very well. :lol: I trust he does eventually give in to the torture, Andrei just kidnaps Billy as yes, added incentive, and probably ensure he doesn't go making any attempts to ask for help.

The teeth pulling is brutal! Teeth are bundles of nerves layered in calcium and enamel. And seen as Ryan is an adult, any teeth he has pulled will most likely need to be replaced by fake ones. They won't grow back! :(

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's been a while since I've read anything,but if I remember correctly,the mob didn't think Ryan was doing a good enough job,he was holding back.Billy is then kidnapped as added incentive.The guy that was framed actually was found innocent,but I don't remember if that was before or after Billy.

14. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I just saw the episode this afternoon and WOW!!! It was everything I thought it would be and more!!

-I laughed so hard at the Ryan/dog scene. People in the student union were looking at me wierd.

-My two new favorite Ryan quotes of all time:

"You're a moron."

"I'm not going to tell you anything...go to hell."

-I had a love/hate relationship with the ending. I had a feeling it would end like that, but that didn't mean I liked it. It means I have to wait six days to find out what exactly they did to him! NOT FAIR!!

I just saw the promo for next week and all I got to say is...let it be Monday now!! Right now!!

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Even you saying that is making me cringe. I can't imagine what it feels like having a tooth pulled without any numbing, especially as an adult. :( I want to know what happens at the end of the CTV promo when the guy says "I warned you" and then pushes Ryan backwards or something.