Episode 7x19 - 'Target Specific' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 21, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Gotta admit, that shot was nice. :D

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It was a nice shot.My mouth dropped open,and I know I said ,OMG.
    I then thought, "hope someone got some caps",and I wasn't disappointed.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

You mean this shot? Gotta love gratuitous butt shots! :lol: :drool:

4. anamarya

anamarya Witness

i kind of agree with you...TPTB needed a way to have Cal attacked and Ryan kidnapped.... maybe overall one of us could've found a better way to do that... but then again like they're saying around here "we have a coach on the bench and 22 million better coaches home"

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

For anyone who's interested, I found the song they palyed out while Calleigh was examining the house.

It's "seventeen years" by Ratat. ;) I must say taht they did a gret job with the editing stuff :thumbsup:

6. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I did a little research because I was curious. There is some question as to why the sniper wasn't fired at. I have some gun knowledge but I did some research.
    A sniper rife such as a M16A2 or a G22 would have a maximum effective range of anywhere from 880m (M16) to 1100m (G22).
    However, a hand gun's maximum effective range, depending on the gun, is around 50m give or take for certain models.
    So honestly, shooting back with a handgun at someone with a rifle with a scope (we saw the glint) would be about as effective as throwing a rock at someone who has a baseball pitching machine. :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  7. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Florry86 - I was wondering the same thing! I thought it was Daft Punk at first, but an old friend found the song. Thanks for putting the name on the song up because it was really cool and I know people would want to know. I bought the CD yesterday too. :)

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That's good to know thanks!! :thumbsup: Plus I think that if they started shooting it would've been kind of randomly cause they couldn't see the guy. Cal saw a reflection but not the person and he could've just moved after the shot. So it wouldn't have been a good idea to just start shooting. And after learning this fact it's even obvious since it would've been totally useless.

9. anamarya

anamarya Witness

thanks for giving some substance to my hypothesis...i was saying the same thing a couple of days(and posts) ago,but i didn't have the exact data.

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

You're welcome. I like trying to figure out things like this. I know that not all shows are researched that great but I figure there had to be a reason why. I knew some maximum effective ranges (like the M16A1) but not anything else. They also didn't shoot back in Bang Bang Your Debt (but there they didn't know where the shots were coming from.) and it seems to me like there were a few other times.