Episode 7x19 - 'Target Specific' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Exactly! If everyone did everything they 'should have' done we'd have nothing to talk about :lol:

Haha, that van. I barely heard it pull up. But maybe Ryan was just frustrated and tired. The flat tire was way convenient. Maybe the bad guys punctured it, and just waited for it to go flat, or maybe it was purely opportunistic. Who knows. But if it weren't for that flat we wouldn't have gotten that nice butt-shot all us Ryan fans are obsessed with :guffaw:

Gotta admit, that shot was nice. :D

Exactly! If everyone did everything they 'should have' done we'd have nothing to talk about :lol:

Haha, that van. I barely heard it pull up. But maybe Ryan was just frustrated and tired. The flat tire was way convenient. Maybe the bad guys punctured it, and just waited for it to go flat, or maybe it was purely opportunistic. Who knows. But if it weren't for that flat we wouldn't have gotten that nice butt-shot all us Ryan fans are obsessed with :guffaw:

It was a nice shot.My mouth dropped open,and I know I said ,OMG.
I then thought, "hope someone got some caps",and I wasn't disappointed.

It was a nice shot.My mouth dropped open,and I know I said ,OMG.
I then thought, "hope someone got some caps",and I wasn't disappointed.

You mean this shot? Gotta love gratuitous butt shots! :lol: :drool:

I really got the impression that the russians are guilty of that flat tire. It's just a little too convinient. IMO, they punctured the tire and just waited for it to go flat.

I still think that traffic or no traffic it always sounds different when a car is pulling up behind you (especially if you should be more on the alert since someone is targeting you) and if someone is walking so close towards you most of the time you'll hear the steps. I watched the scene again and when the van approached him the street was quiet so he could've noticed there was a car stopping behind him. Still, I'm only applying to Ryan what is being applied to Calleigh. They both should've been more aware, but I still believe it isn't such a big deal that they weren't.

IMO the writers just wanted an excuse for Calleigh to be attacked and Ryan kidnapped to have a big dramatic scene.I like this show becouse overall is entertaining but there are so many plot holes like that over the course of the years that I didn't even blink at it.I have always seen CSI miami as the more dramatic of the 3 so this is their usual MO for me.I love it but with a suapension of disbelief.

i kind of agree with you...TPTB needed a way to have Cal attacked and Ryan kidnapped.... maybe overall one of us could've found a better way to do that... but then again like they're saying around here "we have a coach on the bench and 22 million better coaches home"

For anyone who's interested, I found the song they palyed out while Calleigh was examining the house.

It's "seventeen years" by Ratat. ;) I must say taht they did a gret job with the editing stuff :thumbsup:

I did a little research because I was curious. There is some question as to why the sniper wasn't fired at. I have some gun knowledge but I did some research.
A sniper rife such as a M16A2 or a G22 would have a maximum effective range of anywhere from 880m (M16) to 1100m (G22).
However, a hand gun's maximum effective range, depending on the gun, is around 50m give or take for certain models.
So honestly, shooting back with a handgun at someone with a rifle with a scope (we saw the glint) would be about as effective as throwing a rock at someone who has a baseball pitching machine. :)

Last edited:
Florry86 - I was wondering the same thing! I thought it was Daft Punk at first, but an old friend found the song. Thanks for putting the name on the song up because it was really cool and I know people would want to know. I bought the CD yesterday too. :)

I did a little research because I was curious. There is some question as to why the sniper wasn't fired at. I have some gun knowledge but I did some research.
A sniper rife such as a M16A2 or a G22 would have a maximum effective range of anywhere from 880m (M16) to 1100m (G22).
However, a hand gun's maximum effective range, depending on the gun, is around 50m give or take for certain models.
So honestly, shooting back with a handgun at someone with a rifle with a scope (we saw the glint) would be about as effective as throwing a rock at someone who has a baseball pitching machine. :)

That's good to know thanks!! :thumbsup: Plus I think that if they started shooting it would've been kind of randomly cause they couldn't see the guy. Cal saw a reflection but not the person and he could've just moved after the shot. So it wouldn't have been a good idea to just start shooting. And after learning this fact it's even obvious since it would've been totally useless.

thanks for giving some substance to my hypothesis...i was saying the same thing a couple of days(and posts) ago,but i didn't have the exact data.

thanks for giving some substance to my hypothesis...i was saying the same thing a couple of days(and posts) ago,but i didn't have the exact data.

You're welcome. I like trying to figure out things like this. I know that not all shows are researched that great but I figure there had to be a reason why. I knew some maximum effective ranges (like the M16A1) but not anything else. They also didn't shoot back in Bang Bang Your Debt (but there they didn't know where the shots were coming from.) and it seems to me like there were a few other times.

Back