Episode 7x19 - 'Target Specific' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Of course this is a tv show, because a few things in this episode wouldn't occur in the real world.

1) Ivan would be in solitary and allowed NO communications with anyone but a lawyer. Not when he's suspected of going after cops and CSIs.

2) No mob orgazation goes out of their way to target cops. Not to say they're best buddies but cop killings usually bring scrunity to them which is the last thing they want.

2. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Loved every bit of this episode! Definitely the best one of the season so far and my favorite since "Man Down" Season 5!!! The Miami writers are really out-doing themselves this year! Could we say...Emmy nominee??

Can't wait until next week to find out what happens with poor Ry-Ry!

3. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

This was a really good episode!

Did anyone else see Evan Ellingson's name in the credits (after the main ones I mean)??
    I didn't see Kyle in the episode anywhere unless I totally missed it.
    Maybe they put his name on the credits because he's going ot be in next weeks episode. Can someone help me with this?

4. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

I liked the episode! There were a few parts that made me go 'huh?'[[Like Calleigh completely oblivious to anyone in the house]], but all in all I loved it.

Maybe I'm going crazy, but I'm 99% sure I saw a pic of Nat and H from Gone, Baby, Gone when they were going through the camera files. If that's true, then the picture guy would have started taking pics before And They're Offed, which is the first mention of the picture taking. Right? Or am I completely mixed up?

I too saw Kyle in the credits. He wasn't in the episode though....As far as I could see.

I also loved Frank finally getting his picture taken. I'd definitely stalk him. :)

5. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

i was also confused about the picture taking and at what time it was taken because i saw a picture of tara from gone baby gone too and that kind of got me off. i guess that cbs needed something to fill in the blanks. anyway loved the eric and calleigh scenes. i though that they just blended into the case. i'm hoping that we get something more between them next week;);). i also loved it when ryan was scared of that dog. who knew. i can probably ramble on and on about this episode, but the point is that i though that it was great :thumbsup:

6. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Okay, I just got back from work on the coast and therefore had to wait to see it on my TiVo. I refuse to sit through commercials for one of my favorite shows. Immediate thoughts that came to mind:

1. Died laughing when the dog went after Ryan. LOL. I wonder if he'll have a couple of nightmares about shepards now? (Aside from the Russian kidnapping and torture ::cringe:: Poor, sweet Ryan....)

2. I was actually almost sick to my stomach when that bag was pulled over Calleigh's head and she couldn't breathe. Interesting how she didn't even look back when she heard the door open, assuming it was Eric. Shows incredible trust. Have any of you guys noticed this in the past (not checking to verify Eric/Ry/Nat/H is coming in)? I was so queasy. It was difficult to watch for those few seconds.

3. I didn't realize the time between the horse track eppy and now was only a mere two months! Wow, things move fast....

4. Interesting how that dog had no problems with Eric but was all about chewing a piece of Ryan! Although, I have to wonder if it was more because the dog was on its hometurf, so to speak and was more well-behaved because it was in 'neutral' territory.

5. I was very happy to see the victim actually live this time. So often the CSIs in all three series arrive to the scene well after the victim or victims have died. It's nice to see someone get rescued and saved, instead of on Alexx's (it's still Alexx's place to me) autopsy slab.

6. That was the second darn time in the same episode Calleigh's life was in danger. Although the sniper was aiming for the bad guy in the car, he still could have taken out any of the cops at the scene. It's a good thing Calleigh saw the reflection of the scope. Actually, that's a thing that bugged me when I was watching this ep and also when Marisol died. Professional hitmen have anti-glare lens scopes. They wouldn't be that stupid to use a scope which would reflect the sunlight and give away their position. Although, I guess for tv's sake and the series TPTB have to do it that way...

7. I thought Ryan and the animal control girl were cute. Possible romance if/when Ryan comes back???? That would be nice. He needs a girl. Have we ever seen him hooked up with anyone? In my imagination, it's Valera or Nat. I can't definitively choose!

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am sure I saw someone like him when Calleigh met Eric at the morgue. He had like a blink and miss appearance in this episode.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan will be having nightmares for a while I think.
    The dog was still agitated from the crime that had just occurred( I had a shepherd that acted the same way after someone broke into our home).It was all in the timing and place,the dog was still in protective mood with Ryan.
    Ryan and the animal control girl was indeed cute. He should have someone to help him over his trauma.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Judging from the promos I saw for next week, Ryan is going to be traumatized for sometime. This is not something he'll get over easily or at least I hope not.

10. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I wonder if the Russians pull his tooth out. . . seen from promo. Wont the team see that his missing one. Also in the pictures Ryan looks pretty bad and in the promo you dont see a scratch on him.:confused: where are all his scars suppose to be; or does he cover them with make up.

11. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

As with when the photos were taken...back on And they're Offed, Snarnoff said to Horatio at the end that basically his team was in danger and things were already taking place. So, yes, I think that Snarnoff had been keeping tabs on Horatio's team long before And they're Offed.

12. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks, I was just really confused. :)

13. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

That's my guess, that Ryan covers up his bruises. I think I read a spoiler that he's shown doing that at the beginning of the episode. Things only get worse for him though, towards the end. I feel so bad for him :(

Agreed. It looks like he still has someone taking photos of the team.

14. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Wait brief up what u said CalleighEricFan
    I dont get what you said about towards the end with Ryan.
    please clear up.:confused: ^

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  15. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

::Gulp:: Regarding E/C Lover's comment about the teeth-pulling....I just a a scary, stomach twisting thought.... Aren't there like three times more nerves in your fingers...? I really, really, really hope the team gets to our boy before the intense torture starts.