George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

last year we had a writers' strike but the possibility of an actors' strike has been looming for awhile. probably since well before the actors' contracts expired

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, in June the actors will have been working without a contract for a year. Latest, I read was AMPTP gave their final offer and SAG rejected it. AMPTP doesn't feel that SAG should get a better deal than the writers and directors did.

However, SAG needs 75% of their members to vote for a strike, so I don't know if that will happen. I just looked and it looks like they're negotiating again and a draft to vote for a strike has been created.

Its coming down to the stuff on the internet.

As for our poor Georgie, I hope he really thinks it through before he gets surgery. Any surgery is major, but I wonder if it will help him in the long run? I think it helps some, but not others and I guess it depends where it is in the back (though it seems his in the lumbar area) and how bad it is.

I know one thing, I bet it's killing him that he can't golf. I couldn't imagine him being able to do that and would he be able to if he has the surgery? I would think that playing golf is an escape for him, to destress and just forget about real life for awhile. I would hate it if I lost that, my escape.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Why can Alan Rosenberg just sign the contract? The writers' didn't get what they want and what may he think he get what he want? CBS said, if the tv actors or actress asks for more money, they will get fired, becasue since economy is down. Alan should sign the contract. Strike is not going to help him to get more money and he can forget it about that.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Last I read, there was a real split in the membership over the contract. One half of the split would rather sign for the contract because a strike would look very bad given the state of the economy. The other half are behind the union 100 per cent.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You know, I'm practicing my strategy for nabbing up all of the TV Guides later this week, and I'm not seeing any anywhere! I hope that means that the stores had them last week and they've already sold out and not that they never had them to begin with! :eek:

I'm still going to keep my eyes open, but I can just see me at my lunch hour on Thursday driving like a maniac all over town trying to find it! :lol:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

He can't just sign the contract, it still has to be voted on by SAG members. He is also trying to make sure the actors (that aren't big names) get compensation they deserve too.

Smokey, I know what you mean about the TVGuides. I did find some at our grocery store, but dang it, I'll be looking everywhere for them. It's funny when you're not really interested in getting one, that's all you see, then you really want one and you can't find it. Even in the places your always seem them. :rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe it's a conspiracy against us George Eads fans. They won't win, though, they won't win. They don't know what they're going up against! :lol:

7. LadyMaverick

LadyMaverick Dead on Arrival

smokey... there are tons of them at my local grocery store. When the new one comes out, I will get one for you and send it to you.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Thanks. :) I'm sure I'll find some tho, and I'm buying as many as I can, so if/WHEN I get them if anyone needs one I'll be happy to send it.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

If my supermarkets let me down I've got this nice little news stand downtown that is the only place in the city with my NASCAR magazines. He has TV Guide for sure. :lol: According to TV Guide Magazine website Simon Baker is on the cover. Just watch out for the possibility of male being one cover and female being a different cover (I've also heard Eva Longoria Parker is on the cover :shifty:).

This is from MSNBC and if it's the correct order (and I'm not saying it is - I really don't know) then he's #6 on the list. ;)

msnbc

Go all the way down to the end of the article to see the list. There's also a link to pics in there (in red) but the pic is only one from Monaco last June. :( (I was really hoping for something new!)

Susan

10. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Susan,they were in alphabetical order...he is number two! I would bet my last dollar on it...if you hit view then he is right after what's his name on the Mentalist.

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Speedy, I'm sure there are other things he can't do thanks to his back. (Get your mind out of the gutter. :devil: ) He probably can't ride any of his bikes like he did. Riding over the bumps and stuff would seriously jar your back, no?

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

blackflag thanks for the article. It will be interesting to see all the pictures for you ladies when the magazine comes out on Thursday. Somehow I bet George was glad he wasn't number 1. This way he's not getting as much attention, except from us here :), which is the way he probably likes it.

13. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

It came!!! I have it in my hands!!!!!

His picture is in a fold out....good gosh is it amazing.

:drool: :drool:

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

What!!! :wtf: Don't leave us in suspense. I want to know more than that!:wtf: I want details. All the details and a very specific description if not a pic/scan.

Susan

15. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well unfortunately I can't scan it (the scan button doesn't work anymore)

You know the pic that's on tvguidemagazine.com that they used to tease the issue...well that's the pic in the mag just bigger.

The little article on the side talks about how not-Metrosexual he is. He mentions he doesn't mind being called sexy. He finds it flattering. The good natured ribbing on set and that he has cast and crew over his house occasionally for dinner. How he feels rather macho strapping on the vest and gun.

He talks about what type of girl he likes-no mention of anyone special in his life but of course that doesn't mean that there isn't

And just...the man is just amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.