Mac #6: Unbuttoned...

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MacsLady, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Sam222, Thank you for the gorgeous Mac pics:drool::drool: Yes I must say I did notice his neck in fact I had to stop myself from licking the screen! Lovely:devil: I thought that when I joined this forum that my posts would be interesting, serious, useful and informative! How quickly I failed, sorry!;)

2. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

those are some very nice pictures of mac and thank for bringing them to show us on this thread. thanks and take care, anne

3. CSi:Idette

CSi:Idette Hit and Run

I'm excited for tommorrow! Also i have a question. Has anyone ever been to a Lt. Dan Band concert? Did you guys meet Gary before or after the show? Can you meet him? What was is it like? Please tell me stories of when you meet the amazing actor! :)

4. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

CSi:Idette Fist of all welcome to the madness....err thread :) Be prepared for lots of pictures and drooling over our favorite CSI.

As for info on Gary....please come over and join the insanity over on the Gary thread -- http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=57062 where you will find loads of pics and info on Gary and the Lt Dan Band. As for ever being to a concert..if you get the chance go, they are great live, I had the great fortune of seeing them last year in Chicago. He is like a big kid on stage with the band. And it was a fun concert. :thumbsup:

5. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

Hahaha.....Anyway, this matter have nothing to do with me, but, I grasp everyone's frog, use stand-in!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:(frog=Mac,The Chinese like to call him thus!)
    [​IMG]

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

You're welcome. I wish I really was Mac's lady, too! About TLC....I just saw Forbidden Fruit, it seems Mac's definitely going to need some TLC. I think he needs to watch Fatal Attraction, too. Anyone up for movie night with Mac?:devil: I liked Ella's flirting with him though. Yeah, she's probably kinda nuts, but you can't blame her for wanting Mac.;) Loved how in the supermarket she was being all flirty and Mac was just being regular, sweet, polite Mac. Loved his line about the milk, he must drink a lot of it. LOL, he was such a typical 'single man' though, buying only cornflakes, milk, bread, and bannana. Makes me think Claire must have done the shopping when they were married. So I guess he has breakfast at home as well as at the diner. I'd love to join him for breakfast at his place....the night before.:devil:

Yes it is creepy and all wrong, but I agree with you, soooooooooooo hot! The way he kicked the door down, and was so calm sorting out her wrists and then carrying her out - :drool::drool::drool:. Yes, he made a bad judgement call going alone to her place, but I like that he did for two reasons.
    1. It shows he's capable of making bad judgement calls and being led by his emotions just as much as anyone else, makes him human.
    2. It was just so damn hot!!!!

I think Mac feels fatherly towards Ella, he certainly sounded like a dad when he said 'Ella, what have you done?' but he may be heading for trouble...poor Mac, they really are throwing a lot at him this season.

Loved seeing Mac pull the boss card on Stella, and how much it hurt him to have to order her to stop going after Diakos. I liked how calm he stayed, how soft his voice was when he said 'as your friend I would love to'. Awwwwwwww. I liked the role reversal - in the ep with the budget cuts, Mac was the one yelling and Stella was the calm, reasonable one. This ep, it was the other way round.
    I think this season we are getting some insight into how tough it can be to be the head of the lab, we've seen Mac dealing with the budget cuts, and now with the situation with Stella. Her actions could get him in trouble too.

I loved The Triangle too, especially the scene with Mac, Danny and Hawkes on top of the Empire State building, and how Mac didn't let those creepy Feds scare him. Bad Feds, accusing our Mac of stealing!

Mac should stay away from Ella though. Methinks he needs a Gibbs headslap and then lots of TLC from us Taylor girls.

7. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I loved 'Forbidden Fruit', although Ella creeps me out :shifty:
    And the scene with Mac and Lindsay made me smile-"I'm your boss, Lindsay, not a guinea pig." :lol:

It was kind of like that scene in 'Taxi' with Reid all over again-the same kind of fatherly worry and concern. I definitely think that one of Mac's weaknesses is hurting people he comes in contact with them, even if it's someone he barely knows.

Poor Mac. no wonder he's making so many bad decisions-he needs Stella to keep him on the straight and narrow, even if she isn't there herself. And the pressure from the FBI and Sinclair regarding the budget cuts can't be helping much, either. This is definitely Mac at his most vulnerable :(

*waits in line to give head slap* although I may need a stool or something-I'm very short:lol:

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What do you mean when you say Mac hurts people he comes in contact with?

I agree that he needs Stella to keep him on the straight and narrow,and I think she needs him too, which is why she's making bad choices too in the Greek coin/Diakos situation.

Oh, Mac was sweet with Lindsay, he gave in to her when she brought up her being pregnant, sweet. He trusts her though - he took a big bite out of that onion.
    LOL, he's always been her guinea pig.

I liked the scene at the end of The Triangle where he hugged Danny and Lindsay, and patted Danny on the head, very Daddy!Mac.

You're right, we're definitely seeing Mac at his most vulnerable, and we're seeing different weaknesses. Mostly, I think, that he lets his emotions lead him far more than he would probably like to admit - first with Joe in Hostage, then when he got so angry with Sinclair for trying to make him fire Adam, and now with Ella. Though he does need a head slap for going ALONE to get Ella, I can't help but love him for the good intentions and desire to help someone in trouble, and the fatherly concern, that I think drove him to do it. I can't help wondering whether he also went because he understands what it's like to feel alone like that. Poor Mac, though, he may not be at all interested in Ella in the romantic sense, but he doesn't seem to realize that she's interested in him that way. Poor sweetie thought she was stalking him to get revenge for putting her mum away...um, no, Mac, like the rest of us Ella wants you. Aw, it's sweet, not only does he have no game, he obviously has no idea when a woman likes him. No wonder they're always pursuing him! But I prefer that he is kind of naive when it comes to women/dating, rather than that they made him a player. I wonder what he was like in the Marines? Whether he was with Claire then, or a steady girlfriend, or whether he had one night stands/brief relationships with women wherever he was posted? I'm guessing he stopped with those (if he had them) when he met Claire though.
    He seems to attract a lot of women, but as far as we know he's only had 2 significant relationships so far-with Claire and Peyton. I think now Mac is looking for more than just someone to sleep with, he wants (and needs) a companion, a life partner, someone he can talk to and share stuff with.

9. MacTaylorsGirl8

MacTaylorsGirl8 Dead on Arrival

On the 17th i went to one of his concerts in NYC. It was so much fun. He pulled up a bunch of women on stage-me being one of them- and was dancing with us and everything! He was so nice and funny. I didnt get to meet him there but i did get an autograph at a concert in Chicago. Sometimes he does a meet and greet tho.

10. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

MacsLady I am in total agreement about what you say about Mac's vunerability and I even think I remember one of the writers saying (Pam Veasey?) that after being taken in by "Joe" in "hostage" that we would see his vunerability side show through more. I do believe that it is in character with him although of course he still rushes into situations when he should think a bit more before doing so. He is so totally unaware of how he affects women and I do agree that he is and was always probably slightly uncomfortable around women. I do however, have to say that I found his remark "she turned round, nice" on asking Gillian out for coffee, in the "Mac Taylor" episode slightly OOC. IMO :)

I cannot blame Ella having a crush on him as I am sure we all do :drool: but I do hope that he can keep his sensible head on if and when their paths should meet again as I personally think it could end in tears.

All said and done there are plenty of opportunities for the writers to evolve on Mac's character and personality and I am hopeful that we will see more about his past in the near future. The only word I have for the writers is "consistency" please. Oh and don't change him too much, whilst I am happy to see "Happy, soft, gentle and loving Mac" I adore "Pissy Mac" he is just too damn HOT :drool::drool:

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Sophia's folly, you are right when you say Mac is unaware of how he affects women. I think that may be because after Claire died, he probably couldn't even imagine being attracted to another woman, so he can't imagine women being attracted to him either. I agree that he's slightly uncomfortable around women, I think he's fine working with women, he's the kind of guy who treats them as equals but away from work, in a personal setting, he is a little uneasy - we saw it with Rose the woman who hit on him in the diner in the s1 finale, and we know Peyton chased him, he was terrible at online flirting in the Second Life eppy....Of course he has Stella, who he's comfortable with at work and outside the lab, but they've known each other for 10 years or something, and I think it probably took a while for him to 'let her in'. But I do like that about him, I think it's cute how he has no idea how he affects women.
    I remember Pam Vesey saying how the whole thing with 'Joe' wouldn't affect Mac 'immeadiately' and I think us seeing his vulnerability now is the result of that.
    I agree, we do need Pissy Mac, and boy, did we get him in that scene with Ella in her apartment when he found out about the card! Hot!!! I bet we will get Pissy Mac when he finds out what Stella's up to with the Greek coin thing, yummy.
    I want to see him get pissy with a suspect, though, like in Officer Blue or The Deep. I always find it interersting when any of the team get pissy with a particular suspect in a particular case, it shows which cases in particular really hit them hard. We know from the Deep that Mac really does not like terrorists (for very obvious reasons), from Officer Blue we know he hates cop killers, and I think he was really disgusted that that killer was ex-military and had used his skills to kill an innocent person. Mac seems to also really hate people who kill for no real reason - the guy in Officer Blue just wanted to kill 'any pig cop', Sonny Sassone killed that kid in Tanglewood just for the thrill of it, the terrorists from The Deep were planning to kill innocent people....
    Oooh, and I like when Mac gets all pissy defending his team, like with Sinclair when he wanted him to let Adam go. That was not only hot, it shows how loyal he is to his team, sweet.
    I think Pissy Mac gives just as much insight into his character as vulnerable Mac does. I simply love what a complex character he is, kudos to Gary for being able to act him so well. He's so damn hot for 54! Though I believe Mac is supposed be a few years younger than Gary really is, which is fine. I want to learn more about Mac's past too, but like you I want consistency. The writers have been very good about that throughout the years. There have been a few OOC moments for Mac this season (like his comment about Gillian) but it's the same for Stella, Danny and Flack, so I think it's just the 'OOCness season' a bit. That said, some of the stuff with Mac has been dead on.
    As for him rushing into situations without thinking sometimes....well, he is a man.:lol::lol::lol::lol: Seriously, though, it's nice to see that he does have weaknesses.
    You're right, ya can't blame Ella for having a crush on him. I'm 23, and I do. I'd follow him round Tesco's any day...:devil:

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hey G! :D

I'm glad they didn't forget that and now the change on him is truly evident. One of the greatest points this season is how this change was developed along the whole season. We didn't have Old Mac (pre-Ethan) and suddenly ZAp! a New, vulnerable, ready- to- show- emotions-Mac. It was a gradual change in front of our eyes

i think he always has been that vulnerable but he repressed so hard that side only few people knew that existed. Claire and Stella for instance. The difference is he is allowing himself to show he is human, that he can make mistakes (I can't take out of my mind his face when he saw how that girl's face was full of scars because he asked her to testify. The guilt was so deep but also his convincing he did what ne needed to do

I DISAGREE. (i'm sorry) He had a significant relationship with Claire but it's impossible to compare it with the thing he had with Peyton:wtf: He loved Claire, when he found her he "let him go" for the first time. usually it's Stella who helps him to connect with other people but at the time he found Claire he didn't have Stella as his second conciousness but he still could free himself. With Peyton he forced himself to a commiment he didn't want it in first place:wtf: only because she cried and made him feel guilty. Of course, once in the ride he realized she wasn't an ugly witch (against my personal opinion:lol:)
    But i never saw him madly in love with her. Yes, he enjoyed (i suppose:rolleyes: ) that time of his life but certainly it can't be compared to the relationship he had with Claire.

AHHHHHH love those ones:eek::eek::eek: (you know me so well:cool: ) I love too when one of them is pissy. It's a delight to have good artists in scenes like these ones. For many reasons Officer Blue is at the top of my preferences. You can see he is very much alive. Like a volcano that can be asleep for centuries but when it wakes up you can feel the energy, those powerful inner forces than are hidden inside Mac Taylor. And yes, i feel we will have a MEMORABLE scene with Mac and Stella when he discovers all Stella has been doing behind him. FIREWORKS ON SCREEN!

many hugs and have a good day at the library

Debbie :)

ps: Thank you ladies for the pics:drool::drool::drool:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

With P, I was meaning 'significant' in that his relationship with her was the first one he had since Claire's death (I think he only dated Rose once) and that relationship was significant in that it let us see a very different side to him. I agree that he wasn't madly in love with her, but I do think he loved her, though not in the same way as he loved Claire. I think his relationship with Peyton was a good thing, because it showed him that he could enjoy another relationship. So it was significant in that even though it didn't work out, it did show Mac that another relationship was possible.
    Well, Debbie, there had to be something we disagreed on,don't be sorry!:lol: I guess P. is it. But you know I am 100% with you on a certain other relationship in Mac's life, right?;) The one with a certain curly haired Greek lady?;)

I definitely agree with you that Pissy Mac (or Pissy Anyone On The Team) is always great to watch, but Pissy Mac in particular 'cause he's just so HOT.

I do like Mac showing his emotions more, he's been doing it more and more over the seasons. He always showed his emotions to Stella, which is wonderful, but he's showing even more of his vulnerable side to her now (s4, and also after the thing with Ethan/Joe) but what I really love is he's opening up to the other members of the team - Flack, Hawkes and Danny and Sid and Adam more. He talks to Flack and Hawkes about his problems, and he jokes around with Sid, and I love his interactions with Adam. He's so different now to what he was in s1 in terms of showing his emotions, but the same in that he still has pain over Claire, and still has the need to find justice. I love the scene you mentioned with the young woman who had her face cut up, he obviously felt so terrible, but like you say he knew he had done what he needed to do. I thought it also showed that there are things he can't control - he can't control the system (i.e. whether a trial will actually happen) or the actions of bad guys. But wow, the guilt and pain in his eyes when he saw what happened to Maggie (i think that was her name) was so deep. Gary's such a good actor!

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ isn't that the truth!! I LOVE PissyMac!!! BroodingMac! is pretty damn hot too. I love how his emotions almost overpower him sometimes. He thinks he's so put together and so under control. But when something horrific happens he can't help but be affected by it. The vein by his right temple stands out when that happens. His jaw tenses too. Does anyone else ever notice that??

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

G!!!!!!!*Debbie runs to hug G*

well, instead of love i would use "Care". He cared for her. But along all their relationship i couldn't feel him "comfortable" and "open". Only 2 times i felt he had certain feelings for her: in Heart of Glass when he let himself to admit in front of Danny they are dating and later when she was hit and he ran towards her. And it was very strange because i felt he did opened up more after he dated Rose (That time he was The Hot man of the year because we knew he dated a woman who took him to those roller-race in Jamelot and Polly found him hot and ITA with her:drool:)

*sigh. Everytime i read that name i can see red flags:lol:

ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!!!!:bolian: i think his change started before Ethan. Probably after 4.16 :lol: *Debbie whistles:p but as i told you before i felt that change was so gradual that was perfectly natural for him. I'm glad he allows himself to show her emotions towards the whole team. Mac had an oustanding exchange with Flack in Consequences but they always get along very well. With Danny, Mac is the supportive father, all perfect for Danny who usually is needy, then we have Sid and Hawkes, with both Mac has a special relationship , full of respect more than anything else. Also i feel he is Adam's dad by affection, maybe not my gens but he is by love Adam's father. I love this Mac's side related to vulnerable people, he , who is so strong and vulnerable as well.:thumbsup:

you said something i agreed with all my heart: we can see characters as Mac (or my Stella) who can make mistakes, who can fail, who can have fawls. I really dislike when the term "Super Mac" came up a while ago because it was taking away his human side. And maybe it can be painful not being able to help Maggie but it's also human. And as a Mac lover i really appreciate that:thumbsup:

many hugs G!

Debbs ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.