The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I don't get why people get worked up over a younger man and older woman, but it's more acceptable for an older man and younger woman to be together, it's BS! If I could have me a youngin, hell yeah I would. My hubby is actually 6 years older than me. I think I need a newer model LOL..Just kidding, he's a good guy.

Jacquie, I was nice to him this time and didn't torment him and his new g/f with the noise. I figure let her get to know me a little better first. But then again usually the girls don't make it back for a second visit. HHhhhmmmm, I must be doing something wrong.

Speaking of your 5 fur friends, my son can also hear a dog whistle, that's really odd. But somehow he doesn't hear me when I tell him to do something. Hmmmm, once again I'm doing something wrong.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I don't see anything wrong with a younger man dating an older woman or visa versa. If they truly love each other who cares. I know there was a big uproar when it appeared that Nick Stokes was going to be dating a college student. So what. It's not like she was a underage high school student. That to me would be a little eerie. I'm 4 and a half years younger than my hubby.

And Sue you're probably not doing anything wrong with trying to get you son's attention. He's jsut learning early the art of ignoring us women :guffaw:

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Jaclyn Smith (my favorite Charlie's Angel): 63
    Barbara Eden (I dream of this Jeannie): 74
    Raquel Welch: 68
    Britt Ekland: 66
    Maud Adams: 64
    Stefanie Powers: 66
    Jan Smithers: 59
    Jean Bruce Scott 53
    Olivia Newton John: 60
    Bo Derek: 52

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

let´s see if I can reply or will be kick off again HUF.

Thanks Dynamo1:)
    I know a couple of thoose .....I havn´t see any pictures of them lately. So I am takng your word for it....
    I would have brought up Calleigh, Cathrine and Stella. Because for younger people anything beyond 30 is old. (Just ask my collegue and he is just 26) But the guys didn´t know the shows so.....

6. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

When did that happen,Jacquie? I'm only on season 6 of csi, am I getting close to it? I might want to skip it because that will kill my ship. Or was she a beard? LOL:guffaw:

I just watched an ep of csi las vegas and Fay Dunaway was on it. Man, she looked good for her age. I have to agree that Olivia Newton John for being 60 is still too beautiful, same with Jaclyn Smith, she's 63??? I always thought Kate Jackson was prettier and she still looks good for her age. I wonder how much is due to face lifts or if it's just tons of makeup or beauty aids.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

8. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I don't get that show, never heard of it. But I really don't think there should be any dress code as to your age. Most of the clothes I wear is what teenagers wear, it's more my style and comfortable. I love my band t shirts and wild clothes. I couldn't even see myself wearing stuff older woman wear. I don't really keep up with the teen styles, but I wear what I like.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well my point in bringing up the show was that is terrible to see women in the 30 -40 looking like elderly women....But I get why they might be confused/ give up....There is not enough different rolemodels for people to see....I saw one show where they had 2 autistic sons. That a lot of work. And she got stuck in 80´s padded shoulders.(NB! have you ever watch how Scullys jackets changes shape during the run of the show:lol:).
    I think she was 40 and look 20 years older. But see former post´s if thoose women were more visible then Victoria Beckham perhaps ...everything would come more naturally...or mayby not.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I've never seen no heard of that show.

As for dress codes persay, no I don't see the point, people are going to wear what they want. It's a different story if friends or family set someone up for What Not To Wear, this show is quite helpful to all ages and sizes because of the teaching aspect.

As for wear pink or showing skin that is how comfortable the individual feels in wearing the garments, as well as how the color works with skin tones or hair color....which can be tricky in the first place.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Sue the waitress issue arose at the end of season 8 in For Gedda. She a quick hit and a miss so Greg and Nick are safe. Do I dare put my foot in it any further and say she was a beard :guffaw:but enough of ship talking :)

I think some of the over 60 actresses have aged graceful. You can always tell when someone has one to many face lifts :rolleyes: I think it's a matter of taking care of yourself early on. I'm 50 and have been told I don't look it :) I don't do anything special but I don't go out and sit in the sun, which is a sure fire way of killing your skin and looks. I also have never smoked which is another age killer.

One actor in my opinion who hasn't aged gracefully is Robert Redford :eek: I think he's backed himself in the sun far too many times

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I think he's backed himself in the sun far too many times
    I am sorry ....I know we are not suposed too.....BUT LOL LOL LOL.
    Now I cann´t stop laughing.... I agree by the way....Sorry gotta laugh somemore:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Had to take 5 .....Jacquie..that was indeed one of the best onelines in here......You made my day...They say:laughing prolongs life....

13. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I remember that waitress. Warrick just saw Nick eye'ing her up and said something to him about her.( I have my own theory about that, which I'll save and share with you in a chat some night ) I didn't realize she was a college student and I didn't hear any uproar about it. Was that here on the board? Cause I know that happens a lot :rolleyes:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: You crack me up, Jacquie and I'll add your icon made me go THUD! :drool:

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Jacquie and twiztid4togo

This might be the begining of a beautiful friendship...Please let me know whenever we are debating something again...

You choose the topic and I will be there....

Aj

15. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think around about the time of "What Women Want", Mel Gibson was starting to take a turn for the worse, and now... well, I guess that crazy beard he had for a while wasn't helping matters much! :eek: But once upon the time (also known as the 80's... :lol: ) Mel was perhaps one of the hottest men I've ever seen. Seriously.

I think he and Robert Redford both own ranches which they actually worked. Basically, they've gotten that leathery, worn rancher look!

I think women like Sophia Loren still look fantastic. Faye Dunaway looks good too, but it's a shame that's she's basically a crazy diva! :lol: