Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCoroner

TheCoroner Police Officer

Hey! So I was on here like almost 3 years ago as a shipper of Greg/Sara, Danny/Lindsay, and Calleigh/Ryan. But then i left for awhile. I'm baaaaack! I'm really only into Danny/Lindsay but I've always been interested in Calleigh/Eric. So i figured i might as well join the shippiness!! so hi! :lol:

2. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I think if they call eachother anything it will probably just be the usual DiverMan, Hot Stuff, Or Bulletgirl! That just what they have always teased eachother with. I still see them using those names on eachother. Especialy if they are around other people. As for the anti E/C thread! Well I wonder if they will be adding D/L to the thread after tonights CSI NY ep. I guess that will be a new anti thread.

All I can say is if you don't like what the writers put out its called a channel button!Change it! how many channels are their now surely theirs something you can watch that you can live with. Maybe a reality show so at least you can be in the right relm. Otherwise just scratch it and get glad!!!

Sorry to the Mod & Everyone else! I'm just tired of the anti people no matter what ship they hate today. they need to relize they can't change it and move on, and leave us to our fun. Its a Tv show deal with it!

Welcome Back Coroner! I like your banner its really narlly!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

Normally I don't think Cal would use terms of endearment for a man but with Eric, I think she might. I can see her using a cutesie southern term like darlin' or sweetie or sugar. This is Eric we are talking about. I think he's managed to help her break down her walls and she might want to express her love in cute way like that.

As far as Eric goes, I bet he will use some sweet Spanish word but since I don't know any, I wouldn't know what to suggest.

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I would love to hear Eric call her mi amor or querida. It would be even funnier if he let it slip at work and Ryan or Natalia heard it. I can imagine the look on Calleigh's face, it would be too funny. They could have something that's an inside joke between the both of them, like code for I love you or I miss you or something silly like that.

Though I would love to see something like that, I really don't think that they would put it in the show. But its good to dream right.

Welcome back TheCoroner!

5. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Welcome Back TheCoroner!

I think that if they were to have terms of endearment for each other, it would be "Baby" or "Honey" or "Love". Calleigh and Eric dont look like the type to have all those super sappy pet names. I think their relationship is on another level and would want to avoid all the extras. It is a new relationship and great to feel the beginnings of it, but I don't see them as into all that fluff.

Now in the bedroom...I don't know...:shifty:

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Hey texmex..... nice avatar! ;)

I honestly don't know what kind of endearments they'd use for each other. Given Calleigh's propensity to call people "babe", she'd probably go that route.

texmex, when I read your suggestion, that they have a "code" for "I love you", my mind immediately went to strange places. The code phrase "deep-fry the rutabaga" came to mind first. I think it's because I used to watch "Charmed" (the thought of which now makes me gag) and a couple of the characters used "rutabaga" as code for "marriage". Then again, if Cal and Eric went around the office talking about rutabagas, people would either assume they've gone mad or that they are indeed speaking in code.

What kind of sly code do you think they could come up with? It'd probably have to have something to do with lab lingo so that no one would be suspicious. Maybe they could even make it something they say every day so that they could remind each other every day. :adore:

7. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't know.:confused: They would probably have a code for saying "I love you" or "See you tonight". I think having that between them will probably make the entire lab go mad. Given the fact that...

Ryan is now on to them it will be hard for them to say anything out of the ordinary and he not catch on.

It would be funny if it was something so far fetched, though. I could see Natalia furrowing her eyebrows at them or at Ryan and thinking they were going crazy. Or maybe she will carry through on her notions that they have something going on.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hey Ginnna, I like yours too :lol:

I don't seem to remember that code from Charmed (even though I've seen every episode at least 100 times)

I don't know what they could come up with to use without anyone being on to them. But as Virgoddess mentioned,
    Ryan is on to them and I am sure the rest of the lab will be as well, at least soon enough.

I can see something far fetched like, I need coffee or something silly (don't ask where that came from, its the first thing that popped into my mind)

I can see it now, Eric & Calleigh are standing with Ryan and she says I need coffee and Eric smiles and Ryan's like, damn, how much coffee do you need. You've said that about 5 times today.:guffaw: I crack myself up.

9. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well, the code idea sound interesting.... the "rubataga" is nice.... i always thought so.... (but i'm the person that is still saying "what the HECK" just like Piper said in front of the kids). back to our couple.... they can't use that in the lab.... but they can use other codes.... like Texmex was saying ...the coffee could work.... the Cubano coffee... Ryan and Natalia weren't in the team when that happened... and H anyway knows everything, so they could go for that.... or some other thing that is known only by them.... the "mighnight tiptoe" is too selfexplanatory to be used as a code and at this hour (almost 11 pm here) i have a memory problem,but has tobe something that they can use.

by the way...i really can't see Cal calling Eric "sugar",maybe something else from her place of origin (don't know what, but thinking about it).
    we know that Ryan is on their tail, we pretty much agreed that H knows, Natalia is suspecting something for a year now ? (maybe more).. we thought about the possibility of Valera to out them.. but i was thinking...wouldn't be funny is they're discivered by somebody else? like Travers? or the new guy?
    i;m not taking into account the possibility of Frank to be the one because that would be too funny for a drama show... just imagine Frank Tripp susprinsing Cal and Eric in a "personal" moment....:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hello Hiphuggerklan

You guys made me go where I shouldn´t have gone....I went to see why people disliked the ship....

Being a huge hiphuggerfan since "All in rescure" and never looked back..well went back to see "Tiptoe scene"

I am so sorry to say:

I got it ...I understand if people might get enough of this ship...all this because of that stupid promo.

1. Having read a spoiler or two. It might not be that big a deal for the crimesolving. So why put the scene in the promo???
    2. If you just tune in for the crimesolving ...Well... there they are again in the promo...Am I watching the right show?Why is that scene in the promo?
    3. And as a huge hiphugger I still claim ..that the scene is...
    If I was on that plane with the guy I love, I would kiss him and be very happy. Some of you might be going for the milehigh club.Some of you might just hold hands....BUT THEY DON`T DO THAT!!

And come on honestly: what person -heart beating - bloodracing - lips ichching - head over heals in love would just sit like that.

So why is that scene in the promo?

I just don´t get that...

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I wrote something about the promo on the spoiler thread so I'll just paraphrase it here:

I think that the promo making people love messing with our heads (this has been done numerous times before in other promos). So I think that they found this scene could be interpreted in different ways and could not resist the temptation to twist it around as they well please :rolleyes:. I don't think it should've been in the promo (I don't even think it was nessesary for the ship's lovers) but it doesn't drive me crazy that it's in there. Makes me roll my eyes but mainly because of the fact that they are using it to mislead the audience.

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Help me out here....When we speak of the promo ...is that in spoiler tag or in the open....I am not quite clear about that

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is typical with the promos, unfortunately. I do understand what you mean that it is just thrown in a the end of the promo almost for no reason....not saying that I didn't like it but as usual it is misleading.

What pisses me off more is that the people who dislike this ship will of course, use that to complain even more about it (which is their right b/c they are entitled to their opinion)...even if we don't like it. Which I don't b/c their fears about it ruling over the show are totally unfounded imo.

I think the writers really want to show us that they ARE doing something with them, and I think it shows that they are enjoying doing this ship...they are having fun examining all the angles. All promos are misleading unless it outright tells us what is going to happen like the promo for 716 did. It is nothing new...I think we are just more sensitive to it now b/c of the content and b/c we know it is out of context. But yeah, they seem to enjoy throwing things in promos that excited, mislead and sometimes piss us off....but think abot it from their perspective, they want us talking about the ep and get us to tune it....90% of ALL promos on tv today are misleading. Again, I think we are just a little more sensitive to it now.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Like someone posted in the spoiler thread: it makes people tune it because they are left wondering what the heck was that about, so it does it's job. I do think the writers are enjoying the ship, like you stated, and I also think that they know that a big number of fans are also enjoying it. I do believe that even though that part made the promo, the EC scenes will not take over the episode just like in Sink or Swim. 7.16's promo was ALL about them and their scenes did not take over at all, so I'm not worried about this one ;).

Spoiler tags should be used to discuss anything concerning an episode which hasn't aired yet, including promos. Mods, feel free to correct if I'm stating something that is not accurate ;).

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Man Delkolove you just took the words out of my mouth with what was written under your spoiler tag. So I wont say anything.

I can definately see Cal calling Eric 'sweetheart and babe' and he calling her 'baby, and sexy'

How funny was it that today in PDP (personal development programme) class we talked about relationships and marrage. People in my class acted out couples saying their vowes and it was hilarious cause my school is ALL girls:lol:. TO THE POINT: I voiced my opinion on having a long lasting relationship, my mind was buzzing EC all this time. I said: 'To have a long lasting relationship after marrage, maybe before getting married the couple spend alot of time together for a while so that they get to know more about each other and pass some of their problems.' Then my teacher said that if I wait that long then I might not want to marry the person. in my mind I was like ouch! But she went onto talking about fighta and disagreements, and it got me thinking about the next question for this board:

When will E and C's first BIG fight/quarrel come into place?

Now, not like I want them to get upset over each other, but just think of it. All relationships have them, no matter how 'lovyduby' they are, there IS gonna be a quarrel sooner of later down the road, maybe next season.
    Get me clear on this: i do not want mean to anger anyone by my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.