Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I feel like if that did happen, Calleigh would be pretty peeved. She doesn't strike me as the type who would have a lot of tolerance for her current and her ex having a little macho pissing contest over her. I think she'd be more likely to expect that Eric just be satisfied in the knowledge that he has her now, and he has nothing to worry about. Jake may bring out his jealous bone, but there's no real need for him to at this point, and I think it would irritate Calleigh that he would be jealous or showy when he *has* her.

2. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I hope Jake don't come back! Would be so, not good! And I do agree with you guys, that if he does get back, Calleigh would kiss Eric, right in front of him! :p (That's my ultimate dream! He deserves that! :thumbsup:)

How much focus do you think we will have on them? I mean, it's CSI, not Grey's, so it's most likely that we will just get something now and then, or do you think maybe it will lead so something big, like a case or Calleigh being pregnant? (how sweet wouldn't that be, I mean come on, if you think about it, it is realistic:D) :p:)

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Honestly, because Calleigh is so compartmentalized of a person, I just don't that happening with her kissing Eric right in front of Jake. It's also mean and hurtful and so out of character for her.

As for Calleigh getting pregnant.....I really don't see that happening, either. Again, it's so out of character for her to get pregnant, considering how married to her job she is. And it would be limiting her character in what she could and could not do, as Anna Belnap's real life pregnancy did for Lindsey's character. Why would the writers do that to their lead female?

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I don't see Cal kissing Eric in front of Jake either...she is not like that. I could see if Jake were to ask b/c he suspects she is w/ Eric, she would tell Jake that she is but only if he is the one to ask.

As for Cal getting pregnant...nah! The only reason they wrote in Lindsay's pregnancy was b/c Anna was pregnant in real life and it is hard to write something like that out by covering it up...it looks worse. Although, I am not a fan writing it in...viewers know the actress is pregnant, there is no reason to say we wouldn't understand why the character is standing behind things or not doing as much as they normally would.....we are not that naive or detached from reality. Although, there are a few who are ;)

If the writers are going to go the pregnancy route, I think they would do it in the series finale. A happy ending for them if you will ;) Her getting pregnant now would be bleh and not out of character but definately out of whack with the flow of the show...that make sense?

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Personally, I'd like to see Jake return back to the show. If only just for one episode. I don't exactly want drama though. If Jake came back and knew that Eric and Calleigh were together, I don't think he would be looking to stir up trouble. He might but Calleigh told Jake she wouldn't wait. She didn't. She's with Eric now. Eric doesn't need to worry.

I just have a feeling that Jake sort of saw the whole E/C thing happening while he was with Calleigh. Was it.. Sunblock where Eric tried to confront/apologize to Jake about telling Stetler about him and Calleigh? Jake just seemed to pick up the whole jealous vibe that Eric was definitely giving out in that episode and in Dangerous Son when Eric found out about J/C going to Antigua.

I guess we'll see. If Jake is ever brought back.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I really don't want to see Calleigh get pregnant. I think it just doesn't go with what the show is about. Lindsay's case was different as before mentioned (still wasn't too thrilled about it though). Plus, IDK, I just can't picture Calleigh pregnant. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm not crazy about having babies. I'm not quite the maternal type :lol:.

Yeah I always thought Jake had to suspect something, especially after the Antigua comment. Plus Eric was always really serious around him, and not Eric-type serious but I'm-being-polite-cause-my-mama-raised-me-a-good-guy serious; like in Stand your Ground when Jake went to him about the bullet. So maybe if he comes back and Cal tells him she moved on he can make the leap and tell her something along the lines of tell Delko he is a lucky guy. Don't exactly see it happening but it's a possibility.

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I disagree that getting pregnant would be so out of character for Calleigh. I'm not so sure she is married to her job. Dedicated certainly, but I wouldn't call it being married to the job. It would definitely be out of character for her to accidentally get pregnant, considering how intelligent and careful a person she is. An "oops" pregnancy just wouldn't happen unless she were one of those small percentage of women that got pregnant while on the pill, or some other type of contraceptive.

I agree if they wrote Calleigh getting pregnant that it should be in the series finale, and definitely something planned between her and Eric. As I said above, I just don't see it happening accidentally for her, as it did for Lindsay.

And I definitely agree that Calleigh would never kiss Eric in front of Jake, for any reason. That would be completely out of character for her. I can see Eric worrying about her feelings for Jake if he came back, considering he lost her to him once before. I think deep inside Eric knows she'd never cheat on him with Jake, but he may fear he'd lose her to him.

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Order in the court!

Facts:
    Calleigh + Eric = longlasting relationship (possibly)
    Eric + right girl = baby (member? from CSI my nanny?)

Opinions:
    she will/will not get pregnant

Hmm, we all want this relationship to be original, from Miami, not a copycat of marrage from Las Vegas (Grissom and Sara) or getting preg then married new york (danny lindsay). That's wat I think some of you guys are afraid of... I am too. I for one, want to see how this EC thing is gonna go on just as much as you guys do.

Furture may intail (based on CSI my nanny and other epis):
    sex, pregnancy, weddings, speading life with, and all that.

I don't expect Calleigh to get pregnant now, but I think it will happen later on. In an interview Adam said that he wants to see Calleigh pushing out a baby in the series finale.

The relationship is happening so fast, that, we didn't expect those kisses that Cal gave Eric, and it sended us into a frenzy, so some people might not expect a baby or marrage, but expect the unexpected.

9. JoannaRose897

I don't like the idea of a pregnant Calleigh.

At least, not at the moment. I'm sure she can be maternal but like someone said.. she is very committed to her job. I wouldn't say she's 'married' to her job, though. She at least has time to have a boyfriend. Given, he works at the exact same job with her so I'm not sure it counts.

I guess My Nanny could have been a foreshadowing on the two of them having a family eventually. With Calleigh asking something about raising kids with the job they have without any help.. and the whole 'right girl' talk.

But remember-- They're only at the beginning of their relationship, though it's been building for years, I don't think they are quite at the point to jump into having a family. If she were to get pregnant, I agree that it'd be in the series finale.

10. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I think her telling him she's pregnant in the series finale in the beginning of that ep would be the perfect way to end it. They're gonna be happy. The writers will think of something to go with everyone else, like possibly giving Ryan a girlfriend of some-kind. Then in the last few seconds her giving birth and Horatio having an "I'm and uncle H" moment and everyone watching the baby. And of course, Alexx is in it.

Sorry, my little fanfic fluff heart still goes out to this topic :p

11. csimiamilove

csimiamilove Dead on Arrival

I read somewhere online earlier today that in (im pretty sure it was) 7.19 that Calleigh is attacked by someone in the Russian mob.. but isnt this the episode that is supposed to start with the bathroom scene? or is this the one where her gun in stolen and thats the attack? but if this is true it cant be that bad right? shes in the next episodes and i dont think she gets hurt..? if anyone knows something about this please fill me in because i think either the spoiler was wrong or i am getting episodes mixed up?

12. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

You're kinda mixing stuff up. 7x20 is the ep when the bathroom scene is shown. 7x19 is when she gets her gun taken/attacked by a guy from the Russian mob. It was never really specified if she got hurt or not. Just that she wasn't too happy with them and whoever asked her about it.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

13. JoannaRose897

Exactly. Like how could Jake not suspect something? Eric isn't exactly a master at hiding his feelings, and it's not like he even tries to anyway. If Jake did show up again, Eric would be jealous. Whether he has Calleigh now or not. Jake was the one thing stopping him from being with Calleigh in the first place. Sort of. Jake got to Calleigh first, Eric didn't really make a move. None of that matters now though, obviously. Eric ended up getting Calleigh.:)

But as much as I love Jake (seriously, he's great), hiphugger17, I don't see him being like a 'nice guy' and telling Cal or Eric that Eric is a lucky guy. I really don't see a big deal being made about it. Calleigh would probably have a quick conversation with Jake letting him know she's taken, if Jake's the one to mention it first if at all, then I could see her going to Eric and reassuring him that he has nothing to worry about. Just something typical like that.

Or maybe at that point, Eric would be confident enough just knowing Calleigh is his now, he won't have to be jealous or worry at all. Because throughout the whole series so far, Calleigh sure has checked up on him a lot or had to reassure him things are all good. It's true.

Yeah, that definitely seems like it belongs more in fan fiction. But we really don't know. I don't have any idea how they would end any of the CSIs since it hasn't happened yet and hopefully won't for a long time. It'd be nice to have a happy ending though and for all the characters to have closure so we aren't left wondering about anything.

Yeah..
    7.19 has an E/C moment too, though, right? 7.20 is the bathroom scene but what's suppose to happen in 7.19.. is that when Eric and Ryan are going through the pictures and find the ones of Calleigh and that horse trainer dude?

14. anamarya

anamarya Witness

i don't see Cal doing something in the open either. i see her having having a conversation with him...if and when he asks something.
    Eric is bound to be a little "freaky" about the Jake situation. first he sort of loosed her to Jake once,then he is that kind of guy... all the major players when they finally settling down they became a little paranoid (maybe because they know the tricks of the trade:confused:)
    well, Jake.... i do see him giving a strange comment like..."it was time" or "i knew that something was cooking" or something in those lines.

Cal being pregnant? no,not now anyway.... and not by accident.

just like some of you said,and Adam implied...in the far-away future,in the last episode...yes, i see them having a house with a veranda and a pool (they have to have one), a cat, bla-bla...and planing to have a child after Cal is being promoted to Lt,making her job more related to the office and the HQ then the field.
    one thing that i was thinking about one day is the fact that they might do with the addoption route. maybe a kid that is someway related to a case and they keep him/her for a while with them for protection reasons and they get used to the idea of having the kid on more permanent bassis in their lives. i was thinking about that because i can imagine them more with a 7-12 year old then with a new-born.
    so,what do you think about my idea?

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Good lord, I've been out of the loop around here. What're we talking about? Oh yes, the possibility of Calleigh snogging Eric in front of her ex-boyjerk. Good times!

I agree with most of you, though, that Calleigh wouldn't do that. In fact, she'd probably shove Eric and shoot eye-daggers at him if he tried to put on any kind of "this is MY woman" display in front of Jake. Though Eric wouldn't do that either. I don't think.

Oh, and we're talking about babies, too! *giggles* Calleigh getting pregnant and having a baby, how hilarious would that be? Good god, eventually she'd have to lock away her guns and every capillary in her body would explode. Yikes.

Again, I agree with group consensus. Calleigh pregnant now = bad. Calleigh pregnant in the series finale = WIN!

Alright, I have a question... which probably won't be seen by many of you... but I'm asking anyway.

Question
    =============

If you could go back in the series and change (i.e. "exert creative control over") anything in the E/C storyline (and, if you'd like, how it's effected the team, assuming you believe it's effected the team at all), would you? If so, what would you change?

=============

As always, answer at your leisure, and feel free to completely ignore me as well.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.