CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

Hey, short question and I hope for a answer

do you know if somebody dies in the season Finale???

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ There's a thread about it, including a poll, but the word is that someone will die in the finale. Check out that thread for more, though. :)

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

For reference, here is a link to the thread about the death in the finale. (I was going to answer the question, but I took forever to write out this post. :lol: So I'll just post the link and keep going. :p)

:D :D :D

Yes plz, I can has?

I think there has to be a fine line when it comes to a procedural drama and showing personal stuff - as much as I'd love to know all about the characters, it really can't be as detailed about their personal lives as something like "Grey's Anatomy" (since it's not really the same type of show). But they can show key moments and spend bits of time letting us know about their personal lives - I'd prefer if we got more family/friend stuff so it wasn't mostly romantic stuff when we do get it, but I digress.

With Danny and Lindsay, they've shown stuff on the show, but I don't think they were wise about what they've shown. If they'd taken a few seconds to casually mention dates/meeting the parents/whatnot, it would be easier to buy them in a relationship - but the writers go from not talking about them at all (leaving the audience to their own devices) to saying, 'Oh, they're in love'. If it was a recurring character with a main character, or a relationship that was introduced as established, I might buy it - but when it's two main characters who interact all the time at work, it's a whole different ballgame.

One of my main problems with this whole baby thing is that TPTB have been talking about it being an 'organic' growth. If it was organic, there wouldn't have been people trying to figure out whether or not Danny and Lindsay were even together. If it was organic, they wouldn't have had to retcon part of the previous season.

Personally, I think an 'organic' way to write in Anna's pregnancy would have been for Lindsay to find out she's pregnant after she and Danny got together during an on-again/off-again relationship (and acknowledge it as such instead of implying that, 'Oh no, they've always been together' as if there's something wrong with any other type of relationship) - and then show them coming to terms with this new part of their lives and how they can be good parents while still trying to find their way in a personal relationship (or not) between them. Or they could have been realistic and said, 'Well, Lindsay moved on after she and Danny hit another rough patch, so it's possible the baby isn't his' - that wouldn't make her a bad person or anything, and it doesn't mean Danny couldn't or wouldn't be a father to the child (or that they couldn't or wouldn't eventually get together). And quite frankly, for a show that's supposed to be a drama, both of those possibilities provide for more dramatic potential than, 'Oh, they're together and in love and having a baby and now they're going to Make It Official like good little boys and girls do.'

Chances are, I wouldn't want to sit through it no matter what direction they took, but I think if you're going to do something, you should at least do it well. :p

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

(Brief) spoilers for #523 - Greater Good

• A girl is killed by being hit with a car. Mac believes that the man who admitted to the crime is, in fact, innocent. It would appear that someone has paid a hitman to kill the man.
    • Lindsay is in this episode. She's in labour, and it seems to be taking a while. Stella visits her in the hospital.
    eta: I've changed the spoilers, I'm a bit confused by the case but I think that the man was found guilty and served time for killing the girl, but now he's been released someone wants him dead.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I know, I know, I suck! I will catch up this summer, dammit. :p ;)

Either way would have been more realistic than what we're seeing, which is them going from barely speaking to getting married in the space of less than 10 episodes.

...Which is what makes me think Lindsay might be the one to die in the finale. Why rush a happy ending if not to bring about more drama?

Interesting...the baby is coming in ep 523. I hope they hold the cheese. ;)

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks Elsie :)

Ahhhhh. well, well, well the childbirth scene:rolleyes: we know this day was coming. Not surprise:rolleyes: Stella is there, my heart forces me to watch it;)

I guess finally Stella will have a female friend (after all Lindsay will give her the bouquet at the wedding). Hopefully the conversation will be nice and it won't make me cringe ;)

I wonder why NOW when they didn't allow them to be friends before:confused::confused: Stella always has needed a friend. And it would have been great if they had given Lindsay more interactions with any other than that sick drama called DL
    Stella would have filled the empty space in her life and Lindsay would have had more development outside the DL monster:wtf:

Debbs:confused:

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Ah, the birth episode. Also I would hope that Danny would also be at the hospital...

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, let's mention Stella being there while she has the kid and leave Danny out of it. :wtf: I think we should all get our tortilla chips out because I think the cheese is definitely gonna be free flowing. :rolleyes:

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, Danny is there. At least, at one point he is on the phone (from the hospital) talking to Flack. That in itself I found quite interesting, especially as Danny and Flack don't seem to have discussed the pregnancy at all, but he does seem to be getting an update on how Lindsay's labour is progressing.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Seriously.Like it was not enough with D/L getting married and now we have to watch lindsay of all people giving birth.This ha s been awful when danny is the one telling th e story so I can not even picture how bad it will be when is Lindsay alone with it.

And I would hate a friendship between stella and Lindsay.Stella is better with Angel becouse she is smart ,tough and sassy.Lindsay makes everyone boring.

11. Faylinn

Thanks for the info, Elsie - I took a glance at the spoilers, and I think your description is right. :)

I'm kind of surprised that Lindsay is in labor in this episode, actually - I fully expected it to be in the finale since it's a big thing. Hmm...

12. Top41

Well, I can see Flack more easily getting excited about Danny becoming a father than I can see him about the wedding. ;)

Very interesting indeed...

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

This isn't particularly spoilerish but just caught a snippet from Kristin at eonline where she talks about Melina discussing writing the 24th episode. It doesn't give anything away other than to confirm that there will be 25 episodes.

14. Top41

Well, that's cool! Now we know for sure that there are 25 episodes. And that Episode 24 is the big Greek storyline wrap up. Cool that Melina did indeed end up writing the episode!

15. Faylinn

Having 25 episodes also fits with what Lenkov said in that recent MegaBuzz question about the last four episodes being "very heavy, Mac and Stella-wise. Mac's father is mentioned in 5.22 ("Yahrzeit") and he seems emotionally involved in 5.23 ("Greater Good"), and the Greek storyline is apparently wrapped up in 5.24 - and I'm guessing Mac's a major part of the finale, as usual.

ETA: I just found the original quote from E! Online:

Noooo, we don't need a cliffhanger! (Although - is it even fair to say a cliffhanger ending is 'traditional' for the show? I think last season had the first real 'cliffhanger' finale.)

ETA 2: Oh, and there's more farther down the page:

Whatever "janked" means. :wtf:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.