CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

could we have 25 episodes this season? because if 5.22 and 5.23 are Mac-wise, then we need other 2 to fit Peter's spoiler regarding Stella (the Diakos case and the last one which remains in mystery)

Debbs :)

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have been trying to find out how many episodes we are getting and this is what I found:
    5.17 Green Piece
    5.18 Point of No Return
    5.19 Communication Breakdown
    5.20 Prey
    5.21 The past, Present and Murder
    5.22 Yahrzeit
    5.23 Infliction
    5.24 Hitman (1)

The way Hitman has a (1) following it would suggest that this story passes over in to Season 6 a bit like with Veritas.

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ thanks for that compilation Poppet. I don't recall all the spoilers for each one, but it does give a nice framework to look at the rest of the season in, and what it might mean for S6.

4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Annoyingly I have just seen another site which lists 26 episodes:
    5.24 Encore
    5.25 Greek Holiday
    5.26 Hitman (1)

So now I am just confused!

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

thanks Poppet. Those are the same titles ive read in wikipedia (including the first one from Season 6 ;) but aparently they were erased/corrected and we only have titles in wikipedia until the Greater good

In wikipedia "Greek Holidays" was the second part of the final arc
    (Hitman) was first part of a cliffhanger and then the first eppy from S6 was Greek Holidays which made us think inside the Smacked Family Thread Stella was going to Greece

Debbie ;)

btw "Encore" mmmm interesting. It's French. Peter, are you the responsible for that one? :D ;)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Hitman sounds like the episode for the cop killer. I wonder where the other site pulled another 2 episodes :confused:

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I read eariler somewhere that Greek Holiday would be the beginning of season 6 - like Veritas was the the beginning of the new season and was a two parter. So that's even more confusing.

5x24 - Hitman
    6x01 - Greek Holiday

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

grrr I don't know why they always have to leave us hanging over the summer.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm never convinced by anything I read about episode titles on places like wikipedia. Unless the episodes have been written and the casting calls or spoilers have come out, then I really don't see how anyone would have information about the titles. And those titles have been listed there for weeks, of course someone changes the list to correct it every time new spoilers do actually come out, so it's definitely not a reliable list (plus even after spoilers come out some episodes change titles before they air). ;) We have spoilers for the majority of episodes now anyway, so I'm sure it won't be too long a wait until we find out more about the rest of the season too. :)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh dear lord. I taped "Turbulence" last week because I hadn't taped it when it originally aired, and I was setting the tape up so I could get Designed to Sell today (*is a dork*) - I accidentally saw the promo (I'd been avoiding it on purpose). Well, okay, when I hit 'play', I saw that it was at the end of the show and I could have fast-forwarded, but I guess I have a masochistic streak.

It's like the promo is talking about a completely different set of people in a completely different relationship. If I'd never seen the show, I'd buy it, but I have seen the show - every episode, even - and my reaction was somewhere between laughing and curling my lip.

(Part of the laughing was because their relationship could be condensed into so few clips, and it still wasn't accurate - and part of it was because I think Danny kissing her stomach the other week was the first time they've 'kissed' since they bumped uglies in "Snow Day" - and wasn't that the first time they kissed at all? [Almost doesn't count, so I don't consider "Sleight Out of Hand" a kiss.] If people are in love, and you expect me to buy it, there should be more than a few scattered scenes over the course of several years and your word that it's Love. But I digress.)

Personally, I think showing Adam and a car exploding would have made for a more exciting promo - it would make people think he might be going 'splodey. Or maybe show Bobby yelling for help and Adam rushing to his rescue. Or just Bobby. Or Adam. Or a deleted scene where they make out or something (hey, a girl can dream :p).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

They really only show them at work though... if they were kissing at work that would be unprofessional so we really don't know what's going on when they're not at work.

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^^ jesus. :lol: I dunno why, but you're killing me here Faylinn. I think perhaps in part because it's very late and I'm working, still working, and will be up and back at work again elsewhere in less than three hours. So I'm not really myself. Or mebbe I'm just more myself.

If I'd never seen the show and watched that promo, I never woulda guessed it was a night time procedural police drama... :lol:

I think showing Adam as a rule always makes a good promo. I'm gonna write a letter. Something going 'splodey might also have indicated a crime show of some sort too. Bonus.

And here I get to why you're killing me. Perhaps I shouldn't be so presumptuous to comment, but well, please see the above qualifiers, eh?

Bobby. Bobby Bobby Bobby. bOBBY. BobbY bObbY bobbY bObbity bobs. Bo. Bobert. Robby BoBBy. Bobby bo bo bobby. Bobberina. Bobbinski. Bobbette. Bodiddlyby. Bobster. Bobinglybinglyby. yyyyyYYYYYBobs.

The above was actually a very articulate, insightful, and incredibly concise comment on Turbulence, spoilers and promos for Green Piece and Beyond, and the apparent redeeming aspects of what is otherwise Doomsday 5.17 :lol: But once Bobby gets in yer head, it's hard to get him out again.

I'm thinking of popping up randomly to throw Bobbys at you. Mind you, you'd probably be quite happy to have random Bobbys tossed your way. :lol:

Okay okay. I'm very sorry. Truly. I'm very tired. And very silly. And very much not looking forward to Monday. And this vaguely cheered me up. Meant in fun only. Happy to del if needed.

Quite possibly the fanvid crap and promocheese, so soft and gooey it's spreadable even, has literally pushed me over the edge.

:censored:.

...:p

^ And otherwise DL related? We have no idea what the true rationale is between the uglies, period. And neither do the freakin writers. ;)

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Which is part of the issue, really. They have obviously slept together at least once since "Snow Day" (hence the spawnling), but beyond that all we have is what we've been told because we haven't been shown anything. NY has never mastered the balance between professional and personal interaction, despite claiming to be a more character-oriented show.

If I'm supposed to buy that two main characters are in love, you gotta do more than tell me they are. (And you also have to balance the romantic crap with non-romantic personal interaction, but that's a different gripe. :p)

Woot! More ways to say Bobby. I think I like 'Bobster.' :p

I *heart* Bobby (almost wrote 'booby'), and y'all will not be free of it until the episode airs - then I'll take my fangirling to the grading thread. ;)

I can't be the only Bobby fangirl out there - Ben was my favorite character on QAF, I think. (Top41 might fangirl with me if she'd get her butt in gear and watch the later seasons of QAF. ;) I kid only because I love, Top.)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  14. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Do you think that since he is injured, they may have to treat him with his shirt off? Those of you who have never seen a shirtless Bobby Gant really have no clue what HOT is!:drool:

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i agree with you guys on this. NY since the begining claimed they were going more personal that we were going to home with these characters a bit more than the other two CSIs. sure we've gotten to see some of the characters in their homes but we never get to go with them personally like what you guys were saying about D/L.

i don't buy that D/L are in love. i'm a fan of the ship and i only know they have something going on b/c of that but if i was a casual viewer i'd be so confused. i think we all have a bit of what i call "Grey's Anatomy" syndrom... we get to see these characters personal lives and we get to see them work through their deals. that's the focus of that show though it's a personal drama. with the CSIs it's about the crimes with the character issues coming in second. we all wanna see some personal side of our fave characters we want to go home with them but we're not getting that like we would on "Grey's Anatomy". i watch GA and now i would see all my fave characters in all the shows i watch be personal and talk things over.

i'll also agree on how TPTB haven't been that fantastic at balancing the personal side and the professional side of the characters. i find D/L to be unproffessional and i cringed when Danny was talking to the bump. that was personal and should have been shown when they were alone not in the lab. i'm not even gonna guess what they're like outside of the lab lol. whatever they do i just hope they talked their mess which they seem to have done. that would have been great to see and would have been more convincing to show they are in love and in a ship if they had talked in a scene instead of out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.