Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KylesAngel

KylesAngel Victim

I'm nervous I have waited for so long for Calleigh and Eric to get together and now I am hoping that the writers do the story-line justice. Also Calleigh and Eric's childern.... lol... that would be the funniest thing.....

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I respectfully disagree with you ;)

I don't think everyone is complaining, I just think the majority of us (even some e/c fans) was a little bit confused by all these "spoilers" which aren't spoilers at all, IMHO.
    How can you define a spoiler some advertisement for an E/C relationship?
    How can you define spoiler this article (btw thank you so much for posting it :thumbsup:) which is all about Emily & Adam squeeing for this relationship?
    I haven't been reading any interesting spoiler for days.
    I just can't consider the promo as a spoiler since all I've seen was Calleigh kissing Delko and their big secret :)

As for the fact people complain about a show they watch and the fact they should stop watching it, well I think it was a little bit rude.
    I mean most of us have been watching Miami since the beginning & you can't deny that something like this relationship is a little bit weird & confusing.
    It would be the same with Calleigh & Ryan, Horatio & Natalia and so on and so forth. It's just weird!!!
    We haven't seen any "deep" relationship between the characters except for some little cute/love scene which were all about "I love you" or a kiss. Tha's all.
    Now after more than 2 years of this "relationship" we're gonna have the confirmation it was true.....come on, that's weird.
    I'd like to know a hiphugger who was sure Calleigh & Delko were together since "All In" considering the other episodes of s7 :p.

As for the ratings I do agree they're not those dramatic changes, but if they go on like this with all of this love on crime show, they'll lose lots of fans considering that technically they're just copyin GSR and Danny&Linsday relationships.
    Just give me a pregnant Calleigh & we're all done :lol:.
    I don't want to see Miami copying the other shows.

As for Emily & Adam's excitement, I still believe this article was fake. Unless Emily was drunk while saying they have been already together since "All In" :p. Emily I love you, but if you really said it, I guess you were a little bit insane in that moment LOL
    You can't deny that this sentence is WEIRD :lol:.

As for friendships turning into serious relationship, it looked to me as if they were promoting it & trust me it's not always like this. I can't tell by my own experience it's even mostly the right opposite with good friends turning into enemies just because of a relationship. ;)

Thanks for the sneak peek, though some people can't watch it. I still think it will be at least 70% of E/C scenes or just Eric, who is enough :p.

Having said this, I'd like to go back on topic, though I guess it's really difficult considering wha't been posted in here in these last days:p.

Can I say that I love the fake spoilers about the crossover? :guffaw: They just crack me up with the whole Calleigh's "Kidnapping", the team confusing Calleigh's body with Julia's one & Frank injured :lol:.

As for Calleigh's sister(s).....I guess it's another fake spoiler, though I still don't know whether she has sibling or not considering that there are lots of versions all over the web :lol::p

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The interview/article is legitimate. It's a Sweeps preview from TVGuide.

While I agree that the article doesn't contain just spoilers, but speculation from the actors and various other comments, the key point of the article is the relationship between Eric and Calleigh moving to the next level, which is a spoiler as it happens in a future episode.

While you may not consider the promo a spoiler, it is considered a spoiler in this forum as again, it has to do with a future episode. Also, there was much more in the promo than Calleigh/Eric kissing. It also dealt with Eric's biological father (that I could tell) and Eric being detained. :)

Where some may see spoilers, others don't, which is fine but anything involving a future episode is point blank a spoiler here.

As for the crossovers, yeah I wouldn't put too much weight in it. :lol: It looks like a really bad fan fic--which is amusing, to say the least. :D

4. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I knew this kiss would start a big discussion and here it is. ;)

The shipping thing still feels weird to me, because I've been watching CSI:Miami without having Internet for 5 and half seasons and I did not know all the shipping things. I'm used to watch CSI:Miami just for watching a police drama, crime things...you know? ;) So I'm surprised when people have these arguments about it, because I would not do that.

Anyway, I don't prefer any ship. I've been following CSI:Miami since the first episode, I really love it because I love the drama and the characters but I have to say that sometimes it disappoints me. It does not mean I'll stop watching it and it can't stop me from talking about my opinion. If I find an episode boring I have all the right to say it.

I'm not CaKe, nor Ducaine or Eden, but I'm disappointed by the way the E/C story is going. Because I'm watching CSI:Miami for the crime solving and what do you think I can say when I see a promo all about a couple?

I'm happy we will see a peek of the character's lives because it will make Miami a bit less impersonal, but there is a limit to everything. Most of the people who watch CSI:Miami are normal people who do not read or write on forums, they watch a damn good CRIME show on monday night. But, be impartial! Look at these spoilers we are reading like you were one of those millions of people. What would you think?

I would say: What am I watching? Where is the crime?

This is my opinion, I felt the need to say it, being this a forum where I always found respectfull people. There is a limit to the critic, or I would not watch CSI:Miami, but we can't be harsh towards someone just because we don't agree with them. I found all the critics here quite constructive! I hope TPTB will read them...

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Actually NONE of the hiphuggers believe they were together and if you read the article you will see that Emily was speculating about when she thought their relationship started....that was all she was referring to.

I have the actual TV Guide at home....the article is real. And I find it a little insulting that b/c Emily and Adam were joking about this that you think it was fake....little presumptuous of you. I have been watching this show since the beginning as well and if someone else were interviewed and I might have had an issue with it, I would never say it was fake just b/c I didn't like what was said in it!!

That is just crazy.......but hey thanks for the laugh :lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And we all know how TV Guide tends to exagerate on stuff like this. Do you remember when they told Calleigh was going to have relationship with the horse guy? Did anyone see it??? No.
    Everyone is entitled to express their opinion or to write articles about it, but I'm tired of people expressing it as if they were interesting spoilers for a show like CSI.
    As Lu mentioned think about all the people who watch this show just because it's a crime drama. How do you think they would react, if they watch a promo like this or read threads like this???
    I guess they all would be confused and wouldn't consider them spoilers. Not important, at least.

Well I guess we have a different idea of spoilers for a show like this.
    I'm pretty sure you started watching CSI:Miami because of your fav. actor or simply because it was a crime drama. How do you feel when you find out in a promo, they're going to develop a romantic relationship?
    How do you feel when you watch the promo & all you can see in it is just Calleigh kissing Delko, Delko punching his biological father and Delko going in jail with writing like "threat, death, danger SECRETS"? Did you see any crime scene? Any blood? IMHO, a promo like that rotates just on Delko and Calleigh hiding their relationship and they're going on despite all the danger Eric has to go through. It's not the promo I'd like to see for a show like CSI:Miami. That's exactly the promo I would have avoided, even if this couple had helped me with the whole rating stuff.

Well I still think the promo was just about this couple who goes on despite all the threaths and troubles.
    It was like fairy tale with the damel in distress (Eric in this case) and her prince chariming (Calleigh) surving and running to eachothers just to share damns kiss (something we all have been waiting for more than 2 years). Did you care to see it 3 years ago? I guess no. Do normal people, who don't post on forums, care about it? No.

As Lusiana mentioned there are some people who would love to learn some interesting news on this show, though they don't ship for anybody.
    There are lots of people who watch it just because it's a crime drama. I'm one of them. Certainly when I see lots of people expressing how beautiful a couple is because of a shipping article ( you can't deny it's a shipping article) and a shipping promo (the only spoiler I can see in it is Eric ending up in prison, but it will last very few and, IMO, it's not that interesting), I remain confused and I'm quite critical about this show, because I've learned to watcha completely different show.

As you mentioned the crossover was a fake spoiler, but reading you definition of spoiler you should consider it at the same level of the article IMHO.
    Again, I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards you or this forum, I'm just trying to express my opinion which seems weird, complaining and rude just because I don't agree the rest of you ;)

Sorry Delkolover but you didn't get the real intention of my post ;) . I feel a little bit depressed to know you think I'm rude and I bad mouth

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Wow! Where do I jump in at this point?

1. I luv the little spoiler about season 8's crossover. I'd love to watch it. I really hope someone isnt playing us, I mean with the info and stuff. Calleigh kidnapped again?:rolleyes: But it has a twist, so it must be exciting.

2 People disagree with E/C? I remember when I used to die hard over CaRWash and I couldn't imagin EC AT ALL! But now as the seasons passed I liked, then moved on from CaKe then now I'm E/C all the way. Not that I hate the relationships. AN yes, everyone does have their opinion, but lets just say: try not to bring down anyone here by ranting about it. I get disgusted with 'a certain' relationship, which you might have noticed I haven't listed, but instead I shout it out at the computer and not type it. It's a good thing to try, it works.

3 The interview was SO funny! Em's boyfriend said she kissed like a grandma.:guffaw:That musta hurt a bit, but it's good that she practised. And I could tell that Adam had no problem with it.:lol: He's really down to earth. I like the ending of the interview when Adam said that the series finally when she pushes out a CSI baby and Emily's like 'that's not sexy':guffaw:Calleigh needs a Csection. I love those two!:)

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I started watching the show because I enjoy the CSI franchise in general. I don't watch it for one aspect, I watch it for all aspects. I don't expect it to stick to one formula all the way through but I do expect a little consistency, which so far I have some qualms with but otherwise, I'm still a diehard fan as I'm sure a lot of others here are. It's why we're all here. :)

If the show develops a relationship, the show develops a relationship. Not much I can do but watch (or not watch, if I so choose).

A promo's a promo. It's done to attract ratings and pull in an audience. It doesn't matter whether it has Eric and Calleigh kissing or Horatio lying in a pool of blood or the team investigating a case, it's all still part of the episode and it's all spoilers until the episode actually airs.

I can't control how they word or portray the promos (even though there are times I would love to ;)) and some on this board or off this board may/may not like the promo for whatever reason but it's still allowed to be discussed in here. So you're absolutely free to dislike the promo. :D But any promo put out by CBS for CSI:Miami is a spoiler. That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

I'm not quite sure so don't quote me on this but sometimes TVGuide reports potential spoilers like Ausiello, which don't always turn out to be true but TVGuide also does put out interviews regarding spoilers that will happen on the show--the Eric/Calleigh kiss for instance. It happened in the promo so we can surmise that the article was truthful for the most part.

I don't consider it the same. The promo seems to confirm the Sweeps Preview interview, therefore it's considered more than speculation and theory. It's something that will happen on the episode. (and I don't mean everything in the interview is a spoiler, like I said, the key component -- ie: the relationship)

The crossover spoiler has little merit. We know TPTB don't write this far in advance and if they did, it's a big storyline which would be announced by someone other than wikipedia, which can be edited by just about anyone. LF and DC were spouting off ideas of a potential crossover, which seemed to be speculation on their part but it's doubtful it ever came to fruition this fast considering how the CSI franchise usually works (ie: Next season's episodes might be an idea in the back of their minds or scribblings on napkins, but they never have scripts down this fast. They have a current season to worry about).

And if you're curious as to why I placed the conversation between LF and DC in the spoiler reference section, it's because some may have wished to refer back to it and I thought it best not to lose it for quoting purposes for whatever reason in whatever thread. Besides, I never said no one could discuss the 'crossover' plotline and I never said the spoilers were fake, I recommended not to put too much weight into them. :p

There's a large difference between a promo and an interview including two actors from their respective franchise seeming to corooborate it, and scribblings on a website not exactly known to be a haven for spoilers/rumour for a season that's 7 months away.

Dissenting opinions are commonplace and welcomed, I would just hope we can all get along in here. :)

Either way, I'm excited for next week and I'm interested in finding out how Eric gets out of the Detention Centre and what kind of a guy Eric's biological father is.

9. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I have a question: Can someone tell me what is the sneak peek about? I can't see it...:( It's not alloewd to not american people...

10. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

We should all be lucky we're getting this in depth with the characters. CSI is not a soap opera or korean drama. It's a show about solving crimes. If no one likes what the CSI writers are doing with the characters, then that's okay, but consider the fact that it's this or nothing. Not to say I don't have my own gripes, but at the same time I'm still happy with what's happening with the show.
    ...Besides, if everything we wanted always happened, we'd have no more fanfics to write. -GASP-

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That is so true. :eek:

Anyways I'm excited for what's happening on Miami. Of course even I have opinions for or against some of the things the writers are doing, but like Wasabi Power said, it's what they're giving us or nothing. Besides, especially in this season, it seems like the writers are really trying to give us what we want. If you hate it A LOT just don't watch anymore.

I still can't wait for 7.20. :p

13. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

As I've said before.... Everything will make sense as the season goes on... Show just isn't about crime scene investigation, it's also about the people who do these investigations... seeing their lives outside the crime scene makes viewers relate to them better...

But that's just my opinon..

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Exactly, if it was 100% science, even the people who HATE character stuff would get bored. It would be like robots on screen.

And luf, I can't wait for 7.20 either!!!!!

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree, I watch for the crimes but I love the character stuff A LOT. Plus I know lots of people who do not post on forums and love the crime aspect but also love the relationships between the characters, including romantic ones. Just because they are not as obsessed as we are with this show doens't mean they don't enjoy the romantic rlationships ;) :lol:

Oh and one thing is especulation and interpretation of spoilers from the TV guide people and saying things that were then proven wrong and another completely different thing is actually creating a fake interview or putting words in the actor's mouth. They could really get in trouble for that and I don't think they would take a risk like that. ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.