Calleigh/Jake #2 - Because He Risked Everything For Her

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Florry86, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Title for the new thread

1. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for you"

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting with a glass of Mimosa"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for a new Mimosa party"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he risked everything for her"

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "I did it for you"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "We can't live like this!!"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he took a risk for her"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^I know she couldn't! :lol:
    Umm, let's count all the times she's made a return to Jake. ;)
    1. 'Going Under' - after how many years of being apart? 12 or so?
    2.'Going Going Gone' - after Jake messes up the case, she's still leaning towards him.
    3. 'Going Ballistics/Dangerous Son' - she had another option, she still chose Jake.
    4. 'Deep Freeze/Sunblock' - after Stetler's rule, again she's with Jake anyway.
    5. 'SYG-Resurrection' - though we didn't see it, it was obvious (from the conversation) that she was STILL with him in that timeframe (after thier supposed falling out in SYG) & waiting for him in part of it as well.

Ok, I may have missed some but those are what stood out to me. Point is...yeah....she always wants him back, & there is no denying after his last leave that she was still wanting to be with him.

Hey....did anyone notice that 3 of those Cake epis feature the word GOING?! Hmmmm......maybe the next one will be titled 'Going Jake'. :p
    ~~~~

Ok, now....CATH!!!! Where did you go to, love?!?!
    I am so going to be poking you when Jake returns. *hugs* :D
    ~~~~~

Now how about some Cakelove! One of my all time favorite "calleigh loves jake" smiles. ('Dangerous Son')

[​IMG]

2. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

I loved all the pics! Thanks so much for posting them. Hope you are back soon, Florry.

Does anyone have the screen cap of Jake smiling just before he kissed her in Resurrection? I love the fact that despite how he must have been feeling after she told him she couldn’t wait, he still managed the sweetest smile before leaving her with a kiss. That was such a sweet moment, and one that made an impact without being showy.

Until we know with absolute certainty that he’s never coming back, I intend to remain hopeful.

We know what we’d like to see if Jake returns before the end of the season, but what do we wish we had seen (or at least seen more of)? There was so much potential with this couple, and while I think there were things the writers did well, all too often, they barely scratched the surface or dropped the ball completely.

Stand Your Ground is a good example of an episode that showed much potential for further exploration of their relationship. I don’t know whether it was because Johnny wasn’t available or because the writers had a different agenda - and you know what agenda I’m referring to because they made it very obvious with the way they portrayed one particular character as one who could do no wrong as far as Calleigh was concerned - but instead of any Jake/Calleigh follow-up, Jake simply disappeared.

I liked Stand Your Ground; instead of turning me off this pairing, it only made me root for them more. I love the fact that nothing about their relationship was ever written in a fairy-tale way. They were never portrayed as perfect for each other or destined for the ultimate happy ending - and I liked that. There was something to root for. Here was a couple that didn’t need life and death events or manufactured conflicts, they had plenty of interesting conflicts just being themselves. Take SYG - Jake screwed up, Calleigh judged him harshly, told him he wasn’t the right cop to be on her case, and what does he do? He turns around and redeems himself (at least with regards to finding the bullet that proved her story) but we get zero follow-up! Was she grateful? Did he redeem himself in her eyes? Did she seek him out and if so, what was her reaction? Clearly she didn’t dump him after that or she wouldn’t have been waiting for him to pick up the phone after he’d gone back undercover. An intriguing dynamic between them, yet after that it was as if he never existed.

I don't know what to make of Corey saying 'lives would be changed forever' in the finale or whatever he said. Sometimes stuff gets said that either doesn't pan out or isn't as big a deal as they made it out to be. The way things are headed with Miami these days, I have my thoughts, and what I'm thinking doesn't interest me in the least.

Here's hoping I added the spoiler thing correctly.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Honestly? I think it was in part of TPTB wanting the viewers to think it was over between them. There is no doubt that TPTB have enjoyed all the teasing with the "other pairing". In making Jake just mysteriously disappear they were able to bring on more screentime with that other duo, then & only then when it looked as if Jake was a gonner - they brought him back again. Further stirring the pot, & further the teasing.
    ....& here we all are again wondering when & if he'll return. Only this time he left on a very good note with Calleigh. ;)

I wish they had followed up on it too. I didn't like the way Calleigh handled it to tell you the truth. I was "upset with her" for being so hypocritical. Here she was having the same Mimosas with him at brunch, yet he has a measley 2 more than she does & she throws it out there as if he's on the verge of being the next Duke Duquesne!
    Apparently they had worked it out, as said above she'd been waiting for him so obviously they hadn't broke it off. It'd have been a nice touch for us to see them make up but I guess what was more important to TPTb was dangling that bloody meat in front of the viewers. :rolleyes:
    All the same, I agree that it showed a natural side of them as a couple. Indeed, in any relationship there will be problems. You either get through them or you don't. With CAKE.... they've always managed to get through them, & to this day I still don't see that there was anything bad in thier relationship - it was quite normal.

Exactly. I find the other way so terribly pathetic. I would however like to see her face his death or near death only for the sake of her feelings resurfacing, but at least with CAke they had these feelings BEFORE the incident. They already showed thier feelings for one another, but an event like that would draw them closer & smack them with the reality of what they could lose for good. It doesn't need to happen to MAKE Calleigh love him...it needs to happen because we KNOW Calleigh loves him & she needs to face that "terrible feeling" that she's always said that she has about him being UC.

I most definitly have kept that in mind, believe me. TPTB's idea of "life changing" could be overdramatized....in all truth, they usually overdramatize everything they SAY.
    I have no doubt that there's a possibility that this whopping big finale will be Horatio shooting someone, & Calleigh getting a paper cut so that Eric will be by her side. :rolleyes:
    I'm actually just hoping that TPTB will try to be a little more creative this time around. They've done it before with having great seasons & descent finales, so I know they have it in them to write out a proper show.
    If they could possibly start to tell the whole Miami story themselves instead of letting the "voices" make thier every move then we might just get a good finale. I suppose it all depends on how desperate TPTB have become.
    There's two ways to look at it - on one hand they have MILLIONS of viewers who are likely ready for new stories that move away from the last 2 year arc (there are a lot in here that are!)- on the other hand they have a handful of message board fans who want to see the same old song & dance but in a different verse. So.... if I were TPTB, I'd be worrying about satisfying ALL the millions of viewers & not just the handful....ya know what I mean?
    Like I said...the question is how desperate TPTB are, & if they do prove at season's end to be that desperate then in my opinion it isn't worth watching anymore. ;)

Me too, my friend. There's far too many GOOD possibilities with it being left open. I'm in the long haul of being optimistic until that door is slammed shut. :thumbsup:

BTW, I'll try to find that cap for you, Abstract. :)

Edit: I couldn't find caps from 7x1, but here are a few from 'Born to Kill'.

We need to see him like this again....but worse!
    [​IMG]
    Showing off his booboos!
    [​IMG]
    Kissing away the booboos!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  4. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

I am sure Calleigh loves Eric but is afraid of being his girlfriend, so she goes on dating Jake. And another thing i´m sure about is she knows Eric loves her. They ´re trying to ignore their mutual atracction.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Fiorella, welcome to the board. I'm a tad confused on your post in here. This is a thread for fans who like Calleigh & Jake, we support them here.
    You have your own opinion, however, the majority here in this thread believe that Calleigh loves Jake based on what we've viewed on the last 2 years of this show - not the other way around.

In my honest opinion, you do not go on dating & sleeping with another man just because you're afraid of being someone else's girlfriend. Calleigh is a mature adult, she isn't in high school. Therefore, I do believe that she had deep feelings for Jake, & still does.

6. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

mjszud, i agree with you. Cake is my second fav ship after CaRWash. Calleigh not little girl who don't know what she want. She have feelings for Jake, it's obvious, cuz you don't give second chance to guy you don't like. If she was scared have relationship with Eric, she would be alone, not with another guy.

Just look at her! She's not smiling to Eric like that!

7. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

I think I was wrong. So she loves Jake, well, i´d like to see what happens with them in the future.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well ya know I do keep a little piece of Carwash heaven wherever I go, Orla....nice to see you here. :D

But Cake is just different, & in such a good way. I love that Jake brought a new light to Calleigh's character. It's something that we definitly hadn't seen with her up to that point in 'Going Under' when it seemed like that was the kick-off to the new Calleigh. I wouldn't necessarily mark her as a prude or cold, but she always came off as if nothing mattered but the job.
    Jake's presence changed all of that, & it was great to see...she was more appealing to me. I can't really say anything that great about her right now. Sadly, this storyline as it's unfolding makes her look like a person I never thought Calleigh would ever be.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

**bumps in**
    Here I am!!! :beer:
    Ok RL is busy but I got some time to make a quick post in here, right now.

First of all thank you so much mj for posting so many lovely pics. I just adore the one with Calleigh smiling...oh look it's Jake she's smiling to.
    And I agree 100% with everything you said with the other pics :lol:. That's what I want, again.

I know it's not the smile you were looking for, but that's all I have right now in my album & it's just 5 secondo before the one you asked for.
    Oh yeah

I need to see something concrete to know that it's not their intention to let Calleigh with Jake too.
    Right now I can't loose my faith:p

YAY!!! I was just waiting for you to come here Orla_Dark ;). I'm really glad you came here & hope you'll post more.
    Calleigh is a way too mature girl considering what she's been through her chidlhood and it would be completely out of character to make her have a relationship with Jake (twice as it already happened) and give him a second chance just 'cause she's too scared to have a relationship with the man she actually loves. That's not Calleigh.
    She loves Jake way too much. Look she was ready to give him the 3rd chance in "Resurrection" & I'm pretty sure she gave it 'cause there's no way she's not be waiting for him :p

Fiorella welcome on board. I'm a little bit confused about your post too, but I guess you just expressed your opinion in the wrong way ;).
    Anyway I agree with you. I can't wait to see what's going to happen with these two
    especially if he comes back :p

Ok my posting time has just expired. Hope I'll be back soon.
    Keep going on like this my fellow CaKe lovers :thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

**tackles Florry to the ground** DON'T GO!!! At least hand over some meds first, ok. :p

In my opinion, you just don't leave a couple in limbo that way (in resurrection)...unless you plan to bring them together again. ;) Lord knows they wouldn't let him leave on a good note just to please us.
    No, if the intention in the get-go of this season was for this couple to end for good then I'm quite sure TPTB would've made Jake out to be a creepy bad guy, & I also think we would've seen a significant sign from Calleigh that she didn't want him, & that she perhaps wanted someone else. Well, we didn't see any of that, did we!?! :p

Exactly, my dear. There was nothing in that dialouge between them that could convince me otherwise.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, so we all know that Jake and Calleigh were seeing each other when they were in the academy together. So, that leads me to a thought. I honestly and truly think that Jake was Calleigh's first true love (and who knows maybe she was Jake's first true love as well). What do you all think? :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  12. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

I wasn't convinced either. That door was left too far open.

Now see, that's what bugs me. Who exactly is Calleigh these days? And who will she be in the future? Calleigh always came off, to me, as someone who had worked very hard to get where she was; a strong, confident, independent woman, who kept her private life to herself, her emotions close to the chest and appreciated having her own space. Now I can see the character evolving over time, letting her walls come down somewhat, but I can't see changing the essence of who she is.

I'm wondering if we'll see changes in her that don't fit with who she was (or at least who I thought she was) in order to make her fit this new storyline. I'm just not seeing the 'meshing' or same 'perfectness' between these two people that everyone else seems to see. I see her being smothered. But that's just my opinion, and t's not intended as disrespect to someone who thinks otherwise.

Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures! They remind me so much why I love this pairing. I especially love the smile pic you posted, Florry. Thanks for that and good to have you back!

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm sure Calleigh had other boyfriends, probably through high school, & a few in college, & like any young girl you always think you're madly in love when you find out later that you never really were.
    I do still agree with you though....they are each others' first love, not in terms of never "loving" anyone before, but in the sense that this was a first real love for the both of them. I think anyway.

That's really another reason I dispise this season when it comes to Calleigh. They aren't being consistant in who she is, or even in HOW they WANT her to be. They're making her look like freaking SYBIL (for those who are lost, Sybil was a movie character with 20some different personalities).

Expressions & moods often change, but it's hard to tell exactly who she's becoming; & what's really annoying is - why the hell should she have to drastically go through a change just so they can make the story fitting?!?
    That's crap, & another reason why it's so pathetic.

It was nice when she was with Jake because I could still see parts of the Calleigh Duquesne that she's always been, but the added bonus was seeing a change in her character being more affectionate & loving. There was a subtle change in how she worked the cases & what she put first, but she was still Calleigh.

I hate to see what TPTB would do with her further down the road. I don't care to see a character who's resorted to being some made-up FF character all for the sake of a "never built from scratch" love story.

Anyhooo....I'm going to get busy soon making some lovely Cake icons for us! :p

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I meant to say "true love". I just got a bit spacey and forgot to add that word. I've now edited the previous post. :lol:

Anyway, yeah Cal is kind of confusing this season to say the least. In "Won't Get Fueled Again" she was clearly distracted and we can speculate that it was due to worrying if Jake would be okay with that gang after him and all. Then a few eps later, she's back to normal for a bit... then she's different than the other two times. I agree that they are making her look like she has MPD.

15. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

I wouldn't put it past them, they can say it's a result of all the trauma they've thrown at her over the past couple years. It's not like they aren't already guilty of that with regards to another character.
    Trauma = New personality.

I've been thinking, seeing Calleigh's very obvious reaction in Going Under when the widow asked, 'have you ever dated someone undercover?' (anyone got a cap of that moment?) made it seem as though she knew exactly what that life was like. In that same episode, when Jake asked if (what was going on in the interrogation room) was a result of what had happened between them, I got the sense that his work choice was what had gotten in the way of their relationship. Her comment about his 'not stepping out for her' kind of sealed the deal for me. So what happens this time? Jake comes back, switches to homicide, she gives him another chance and all is well - the two are happy. But then what? Jake disappears, goes back to the undercover life, and leaves Calleigh hanging. (Stupid writers.) Calleigh admitted being terrified not knowing if anything were to happen to him, so it makes sense that someone like Calleigh, who needs control in her life would opt out of that life, regardless of how she felt about him.

Which got me thinking even more. Maybe this new relationship is one in which she can feel more in control. She had her chance, in Born to Kill, and even before that, to pursue a relationship with Eric, but chose not to. And doesn't until Jake is back undercover and she tells him she can't live that way. But who has been waiting in the wings pining for her all this time? Who has made it clear she's the most important person in the world to him? Who is never going to leave her wondering if she'll ever see him again? I'm not trying to say that is the reason we are suddenly seeing this relationship blossom, I'm just offering a thought. It stands to reason that after all her trauma, she needs a little control back. Jake wasn't a guy she could control - and I don't mean that in a personality disorder kind of way, but it's clear she likes control. And that's why I thought he was such a good match for her. He could stand his ground with her, respect her independence and her space, and get under her skin - plus the two could throw each other off balance every now and again. If you think about it, the writers couldn't have made Jake and Eric more different if they'd tried. I guess post-trauma Calleigh needs something different from what I thought. But it's not as if Calleigh before all the trauma was interested. Just my opinion, no disrespect intended.

And one more thing
    If the relationship is supposed to be a big secret, you don't suppose TPTB would bring Jake back just so he can be the one who outs them? They wouldn't stoop that low, would they?