Calleigh/Jake #2 - Because He Risked Everything For Her

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Florry86, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Title for the new thread

1. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for you"

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting with a glass of Mimosa"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for a new Mimosa party"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he risked everything for her"

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "I did it for you"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "We can't live like this!!"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he took a risk for her"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh look, we have the title :D.
    I have to say that, after all, it's the best one to describe what our beloved Jake did for Calleigh.
    Nobody can deny it and it will remain forever ;)

Not to mention that lots of things on Miami look like AMC (no offense :lol:).
    I mean we all know what he did for her, we all know she's waiting for him.
    What's the need to put her with another person? None.
    I still do believe in our couple and I do believe she's waiting for Jake
    IDK whether her coma will change everything, but I hope not 'cause, otherwise, that would be really like a soap opera :rolleyes:

Well I'm still trying to obtain that interview, but if you want I have a preview pic ;)
    [​IMG]
    I know it's not too much, but still it's something and I can't wait to read it.
    Gosh I need a towel :drool::drool:

You know? I'm having the suspect the wrote all this stuff just 'cause they want to prepare us for something really shocking :eek:.
    Look at all the things which are happening to Calleigh. There must be a reason which can be good and bad at the same time. And I do have a suspect on that reason :devil:

OMG Lambchop!! I just love it. :thumbsup:
    And I thought that Math was that bad. Now I can improve my skills with no problems :lol:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ooh! OOh! Thanks for the sneak peek of the picture....damn he's hot. :lol:
    I love the eye-shift thing!!! :p

Oh, we must talk, FLO!! :lol: *PM me with your thoughts*
    I'm having a suspicion too that's bad but also good, & looking at all the things that are happening to Calleigh (on the job) is EXACTLY what is making me so suspicious, & NO it has nothing to do with anyone dying. ;)

Anyway, Im loving our title!! I didn't vote for it but it was a tough choice...I like this one though...Jake did risk everything for her & that is something huge, especially for Calleigh cause it proved to her once & for all how much he loves her, surely the girl can't forget what he's done for her.

3. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Hello all - New user, so please bear with me. I have enjoyed reading your many comments and enjoying your pics. Don't know if I'll post often, but I'll try to keep up with your comments.

I've loved this couple since GU. Love the the character of Jake, especially. He has a dynamic personality and always brought a much missing edge to the show. Sorry, but 'always earnest and pure' just doesn't do it for me. I think the writers missed the boat in not exploring this couple further. The potential was there - a past, great chemistry (a very natural interaction; nothing ever seemed forced, which is something I see in other interactions, so to speak) an intriguing and enjoyable dynamic, and interesting flaws in their relationship. Their pairing also worked for me because it was never front and center, never took over the show, or overwhelmed the other cast interactions. Jake could appear from time to time and we'd get a bit of romance along with our crime drama as opposed to the crimes revolving around the relationship. That worked for me. Plus I think they made a good match, they stood on equal ground, so to speak. No neediness, no personality changes required in order to choose to be together. I love the way they could get under each other's skin, but without all sorts of unnecessary drama. Essentially they were just enjoyable to watch. I've read the spoilers for ep19, and I can't say I'm crazy about the direction the show is taking. It's a disappoint, but definitely not a surprise given that they've been talking about it for two years now.

Regarding Johnny W's interview in the CSI Mag - I can tell you there were no big spoilers or revelations, so don't get your hopes up. It was, however, a good interview, with lots of nice pics (although no new ones except the one posted above). Sorry I can't scan it for you, but I'm happy to fill you in with the gist of what he had to say. One quote: "That is the thing about the guy, he would do anything for Calleigh."

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

How to blame her for waiting him all this time? :lol: No wonder why she's still knitting!

I'm another one who didn't vote for it, but I do love it and I think it pretty summerize what the situation is. He's risking his life just for her ;)

abstract Welcome my dear. Grab a chair and a glass of Mimosa :beer:

Totally agree with you on here. Otherwise, people would be boring and I love how Jake was created. He's different, in a good way ;)

Ditto! I'll always say that there's no way to deny their chemistry which is something amazing :eek:.
    Whenever I watch a scene between this 2 I can feel my room warming up, even in winter among penguins :lol:.
    And I do agree on the fact, they should have eplored their relationship a little bit further. It was such a shame that we never had the opportunity to see what the hell happened in their Academy years.

Not to mention that they could have played lot of interesting stories involving Jake or Calleigh and their relationship without troubles for the other memeber of the team. But not all the poeple think the same way we do;)

Well let's say
    I don't like it at all, but, quite honestly, I've been waiting for it just to end all this "will they be together or not?" stuff.
    I'll always say that there was just on person she really LOVED in her life. Surely that person's name begins for J...:p
    Still, we're not sure about anything and we can always hope for something/someone which will break their relationship. Let's not forget that Jake can always come back :devil:

Well it wasn't nothing much, but hey that was important :thumbsup:. Thanks for the heads up;)
    "That is the thing about the guy, he would do anything for Calleigh."
    Surely a sentence like this is' way too strong even for all the people who always considered Jake as the most selfish person of the world.
    Let's never forget he's somewhere in Miami struggling to survive just 'cause he knows that once he's back, he'll find Calleigh who's been waiting for all these months.
    spoiler for 7x19 can always be true, but Jake can always come back and she can always say "no I want Jake" :devil:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  5. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the welcome!

I have no idea how to quote part of your message, but regarding what you said about the possibility of Jake coming back, you're right - he can and he might (which is always good news for us!). In Corey's interview earlier in the season, he said he hoped to have Jake back, and in Johnny's interview, he said pretty much the same thing. I'm thinking that since this print interview has been on the newsstands for a couple weeks and contains no spoilers that I don't need to hide it under a spoiler tag. If so, hopefully the mods will fix it.

Basically when asked about his last appearance and the way things ended with Calleigh, he answers: "Those were some nice scenes. ... Maybe when he comes back, he will do something heroic again. That is the thing about the guy, he would do anything for Calleigh. I hope he'll be back and that's what the producers have said, too. I don't know when or how, though. It just depends on if I'm available, but if they want to film more and I am free, I would absolutely love to do it."

He also talks a bit about the character; he thinks Jake is "a great cop!" He says, "Jake is a good guy, but goes about doing the right thing the wrong way." About Emily, he says, "Man, that woman is such a doll!" No question they enjoyed working together.

I've never understood why some fans dislike his character quite as much as they did. I suspect for some it may have been simply because he was involved with Calleigh, and for others, they simply didn't like the way he came across. To each his own. I found him very interesting. And I did love the way he and Emily played off each other. Sunblock is one of my favorite episodes, both for the beginning and the ending. The beginning was entertaining, him tagging behind her and her shrugging him off. ("I know that tone", is one of my favorite quotes) and the ending won me over completely. So much conveyed without words. But nothing tops Resurrection, he left her in such a classy and tender way. She essentially tells him she can't wait, yet he still gives her an adoring smile before a tender kiss. What's not to love?

Edited because I've always wondered - do so many dislike the idea of Jake and Calleigh as a couple because they don't like the character of Jake or because they don't like the idea of Calleigh being romantically involved with him (and not someone they prefer)? I thought their relationship came about very naturally. It was clear from their first scene together in GU that they had 'unfinished business'.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

First of all - welcome Abstract. Thank you so much for the pieces of Johnny's interview. :)

Now let's get onto business....

I like how he said "& the producers said it too". :p:p
    I already heard it from Corey Miller, but hey, hearing it NOW is even better. I do believe there is chance for this man to return....no matter what is being said in spoilerland. There are so many possibilities with it, & there are so many possibilities that these "spoilers" could be decieving & the words spoken could be of something else. I just don't trust these things because tptb can always make it look like one thing in the script & then when it comes to screen there are all kinds of missing scenes & dialouge that make it out to be something else.

I can recall the spoilers for Resurrection & the supposed "Jake's returned & he's a bad guy, he leaves her"...bla bla bla. It wasn't like that at all. The guy came through for her. I've just seen so much garbage & have seen the way tptb handles relationships on this show that I can't help but think there will be a stomper thrown in somewhere. Also, I can't help but think that Calleigh is not over Jake. To me there was just an obvious sign in 'resurrection' that she was in love with him, she didn't want him to leave.
    Fine, if Calleigh wants to settle for someone else just because Jake is UC, I find that ridiculous & terrible at the same time.
    That's not how love works for me. You don't wait for your life to suck & THEN decide that this man you loved for years is gone so you jump to your second choice! No, sloppy seconds isn't my cup of tea. ;)

Personally, I just think it's because she wasn't with the person of preferred choice. I agree with you though, there was something very natural about them, it was never forced upon, & I don't see how anyone could look at CAKE & thier moments & not admit that with him she was happy.

I just think it's pathetic IF they're indeed turning this around. Calleigh hasn't once shown any sign of happiness with anyone but Jake. They put more romance & cheesy scenes into CAKE than anyone in Miami!! IMO, it just looks bad on TPTB, & I hate to say it but if Calleigh ends up with Eric then it looks bad on her too.

That's why this "decision" is important because to me it makes her look like a wishywashy you-know-what. I mean, sorry, but she has spent the last 2 years with Jake not looking like she gave a rat's ass about how the "other man" felt. Ohhh but NOW, it's different right? Oh yeah, truffles & death always make you magically fall in love with someone :lol: Whatever.
    Oh, & I don't buy that she's scared....sorry, Calleigh isn't some delicate virgin afraid of losing her "flower" :rolleyes: Good grief!! She was dancing around Jake's bedroom for enough time to tell me that she is not afraid of love. I hate that excuse.
    So, IMO, yes, it looks bad on her & shame on TPTB if that's what they want her to look like.

Oh well, there is always the chance for Jake, I still think he will show his pretty face, & I just don't buy that she is over him. ;)

7. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Again, thanks for the welcome. I agree with your comments, mjszud.

You’re welcome for the interview bits. It’s reaffirming to read that he’d do anything for her, and that he (Jake) is a guy who goes about the right thing the wrong way because that’s how I always viewed the character. I never got the ‘Jake doesn’t really care about her’ viewpoint that others seem to hold. He truly is an interesting character. I hope he’s back before the season ends.

I do wish we got a better explanation as to why he disappeared on her without so much as a heads up. It’s as if the writer’s threw that bit (Jake’s been undercover for months) out there and hoped we wouldn’t think about it too much. In his interview, Johnny said something that confirmed my suspicions. When asked about his last ep (and before he said the ‘he’d do anything for her’ line) he said: “You don’t really know what’s going on with these characters or what is going to happen - there is no through line. It was, ‘Okay, Jake has been undercover and it leaves a lot to the imagination.’” Well, it certainly did have me shaking my head, lol! Is that really the best the writer’s could do? Rather sloppy, in my opinion. But honestly, I think that since the ‘pivotal shooting that changed everything’ in S5, the writer’s intention has been pretty clear. Corey as much as confirmed that in an interview last year. Obviously this is my opinion only, but I can’t help but think this has a lot to do with giving the (most vocal) fans what they want, no matter how the characters get manipulated in the process. I mean no disrespect by that, but as someone who has watched this show from the beginning, there hasn’t been a natural progression so much as a ‘this is what we’re going to make happen’ on the part of the writers.

I’m not convinced Calleigh is over Jake. I certainly didn’t get that sense from Resurrection. Saying, “I can’t live like that” is not the same as saying, ‘I don’t want this anymore, I’m in love with someone else’. Her response to him was truly heartfelt. And I can't blame her; I wouldn't want to spend every day worrying about him, either. I suspect, though, that there is still unfinished business/unresolved feelings between these two. It certainly does seem to be a pattern with them, lol. However, the writers can pretty much make whatever they want happen, and if they want to make two other characters ‘suddenly soul mates’, then they can, it’s their show. Maybe this new battered Calleigh is craving obvious devotion and some form of stability. That’s not something she will find with Jake if he remains undercover, but it’s been made blatantly apparent to her where she will find it. It’s a thought, anyway.

I like the fact that both Jake and Calleigh are independent; they can stand up to the other, respect their space and still be adoring. Remember in Deep Freeze when he commented about her slipping out of bed without him knowing it? There was no issue, no hurt feelings, no questioning her feelings or motive. If anything, he was amused by her answer. I like that, it was realistic and evident of their comfort with each other. No question she was happy and bubbly with him. And no, I don’t buy that she was with Jake because she was scared. That idea seems like something out of fanfiction. I certainly hope the writers aren’t going to turn Miami into a work of fanfiction. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Exactly! That's why this "decision" (719) if it even really will exist, sounds like pure crap to me because TPTB didn't end CAKE properly. Had Jake turned out to be an ass then I could understand, but it was just obvious that they didn't want Jake & Calleigh to end on a bad note....so WHY?
    What other reason than to be able to bring them back together would they do that for??? That's the part that isn't clicking with me in all these spoilers - it just isn't adding up, IMO.

I'm quite sure Calleigh wants stability, what woman doesn't - but is stability what MAKES a person love them with every bit of thier heart? HECK NO!
    Loving someone is an emotion, it's not forced upon from near death experiences & who is there for you & who isn't - who you trust & who you don't know if you can - it's LOVE - you're supposed to just naturally feel it & go through all the emotions while being together to see if you're capable of making it last. Why TPTB think it can just go away whenever they feel like it is beyond me. They should stick to crime solving cause they really do suck at writing TRUE love stories - it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on any TV show.

If they wanted Jake to go & end CAKE for good then ok, but they should've done it correctly if that was the angle they were reaching for. So at this point, I still question whether cake being over is thier true angle or not cause I have an extremely hard time buying that she will just move on & forget about Jake. And I still question how much of spoilers are for the sake of teasing when TPTB don't want to show what's really going on. I don't know, it's just off I think, & Corey & everyone else have played this "teasing game" since it all started. It's very hard to decipher what is real & what is merely false advertisement.
    After all Jake did for her, & after seeing her respond to his leaving I just can't see her saying "see ya" for the sake of stability & devotion. Besides, if Jake returned & ended his UC for good, then how do we not know that Calleigh would be in hog heaven knowing that she could get the same thing from the man she really loves?! ;)

I totally agree with you there. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the reason. What is really sad is that it isn't the entire fanbases' opinions. My family for instance - my husband, sister & brother in law, AND my nephew all watched this show from the beginning. Well, guess what? Im the loner now because when season 5 ended not one of them stay tuned to watch season 6 when it rolled around - they couldn't tolerate it after the mess TPTB started.

Anyway, I still find it fishy, & I've seen far too many curveballs be thrown in when it comes to the couples in Miami (H/Y, EDeN). I've also seen far too many "set ups" where TPTB want us to believe that one thing will happen & then it doesn't...it's like they get you sooooo close to truly believing that it will happen & then something else occurs - so - I can't say that I'm 100% convinced of this e/c stuff right now.

BTW, ABSTRACT, I do love how you describe CAKE's relationship. It's very nice to hear, you have a great way of defining thier interaction. :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  9. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Ok, guys can you please keep chat about other ships to a minimum, and please can you also keep it civil. I know you may be upset by some of the things going ok, but please, keep it civil.

Thanks,
    Steph.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm personally still not convinced that the show is going in the direction they're trying to make us think that's it's going in. I mean remember the rule that caused Cal and Jake to have to break up? I would think that rule would apply to anyone in the lab Cal were to get involved with too and even more so because she works closer with them than with Jake. So unless tptb are having memory problems or are rewriting history, I'm still not convinced. I'm gonna try to stay positive and am keeping my fingers crossed that things will go our way. :) I honestly don't see why they'd have that interview with Johnny in the magazine if they were done with his character... and the comments made probably wouldn't have been made if they were done with Cal and Jake as a couple. So, I'm gonna try to stay optimistic. :D

11. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Well, it’s hard for me to not be convinced about what direction the show is taking because they have been heaping it on and hyping it up. However, you raise a good point, GNRFan - what about that department policy about fraternization? Will it come in to play again or has it been conveniently forgotten about? As we all know, the Miami folks have a very large closet in which they stash plots and people they no longer find necessary. The same could hold true for that policy if it only existed for the purpose of screwing with Calleigh and Jake.

You’re right, though, if the rule existed for Calleigh and Jake (who did not work together day and night on every single case) it should exist for all pairings on the show. I will be very, very curious to see how things play out.

With regards to Calleigh and Jake, I liked seeing that policy come into play; I liked seeing how they reacted to it. However, such as with all things Calleigh and Jake, I would have liked to have seen it explored further. In light of Johnny’s recent comment, “Jake is a good guy, but goes about doing the right thing the wrong way”, if you take that and apply it to that particular scene in Deep Freeze, his immediate reaction to Stetler breathing down his neck makes a lot of sense. It’s as if he instinctively did what he thought was the right thing for both of them and their jobs (not just the right thing for him). Of course, not taking her feelings into consideration wasn’t his best move, but although slow on the uptake, he eventually came to his senses. I loved seeing her reaction to his comments about ‘taking a step back’, and then his expression after she walked away.

Now we know they went back to seeing each other, but what would have happened if they had been found out again? I would have loved to have seen that. Oh Miami writers, how you disappoint me time and time again...

Thanks for your compliment, msjzud. You raised a lot of good points in your post.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

The thing is though, they already played that "rule" being an issue with CAKE & we saw what it lead too - they never broke up, they just hid it, so even if TPTb do bring up the rule again it would be stupid because they've already gone that route with a story already.

Im not saying it shouldn't come into play, Im just saying that if they use the same "theme" as they did before with hiding a relationship (with a different couple) it would be like circling the same stories & that's well...retarded. :vulcan:

Anyway, Im totally with GNRFan on all this. So, Im just going to go back to the loveliness of CAKE's love story! :p

That was quite likely the all time best scene EVER!! I loved Calleigh's reaction most of all because she actually looked hurt by it & we don't ever see that with Calleigh - it was a first. Usually Calleigh takes the upper hand & would just get angry, but you could see that in this case, & in thier relationship, that Jake was the "man" - she allowed him to call some shots & that's rarely seen with Calleigh because she's always like the "lead".
    With Cake we saw Calleigh as a real woman, in love, with feelings - she wasn't the same ol' bullet girl passing time with some random guy. It was so nice to see that with her after all this time!

I do think you're right about Jake though. I saw nothing wrong with what he did because I truly believe he was looking out for the both of them. Besides, he never said he wanted to end the relationship. IMO, his words were for them to just lay low so they wouldn't have to take the heat from Stetler. It was obvious by the end of the episode what they both wanted anyway, & that they were going to be together regardless. ;)

How do we know that Jake won't have popped back into Calleigh's life (off screen) later in any of these new episodes & that they are STILL hiding, only with one member of the team aware & hiding it for her? Just a thought to chew on...:devil:

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh gosh I've been away for a while and look at here :eek:
    I'll do my best to give a complete reply ;)

Well when I asked Corey whether Jake would have come back, he answered to me "well..he's an interesting character and I'd love to see him again".
    So yeah I think he has no idea when Jake will come back (better say wheter he'll come back or not), but there's no way to deny he's an interesting character for the show. Not to mention he's so refreshing for Miami. IMO, it's such a good thing that also producers do love him ;)

Well his way is not always so wrong, but yeah that's how they built him up;)
    Gotta love his comment for Emily.

Well IMO, that's because Jake was a real threat to the possible couple that lots of people wanted to see.
    I'm not say anything, all I'm saying that there's no wasy to deny this was a couple, a strong one and, probably, it will be for the rest of their life.

Sunblock was a great episode and, IMO, it showed how great this couple is and how good the chemistry between Emily and Johnny is great! I do think that we couldn't have seen this kind of scene with any other couple ;).
    Look at the beginning of the episode. The way Jake followed Calleigh and their dialogues were just brilliant ("if you have news phone me, well if you still have the number" :lol:).
    As for the end of that episode, I still can't get over the cuteness of it. I mean have you ever pictured a possible scene like this with Calleigh, before Sunblock? I've never been able to do it.

As for "Resurrection" I just loved the way he behaved with her and her feelings. Same things for her who finally opened up with him and we finally saw how her life has changed because of him. That was character development for both Calleigh and Jake ;)

BTW, thank you so much abstract for the parts of the interview :thumbsup:

Well surely knowing that also producers do like hi, well let's say it's a very good news for us and a very bad news for other poeple. Surely it means Jake may reappear and once he will reappear, we know what will happen :devil:.Once Jake comes back, there's no way Calleigh won't be involved in the same episode :devil:

Gotta agree with you :thumbsup:. She waited for him for how long? 6 months? She was able to wait for him without knowing whether he was dead or not or why he wasn't at home, and they want us to believe she won't wait for him once she knows the real reason for his disappearence? No I don't think so.
    Surely putting her with anyone else because she can't wait anymore is the worst thing they can ever do 'cause it doesn't function like this, in real life;).

Plus we've seen her without Jake during s7. She's completely lost, she's confused, she's weak and I can't imagine her becoming stronger with anyone else, but Jake.

Again, I totally agree with you :thumbsup:
    I've never seen a great Calleigh Duquesne as the one I saw whenever she was with Jake.
    As you said, have you ever seen a cheesy scene like the one at the end of "Sunblock" on CSI:Miami? Never!!! So there must be a reason for it and we all know it. There's no way to deny it :p

Since I don't want to get in troubles, all I can say about this it's just that they sometime try to show a completely different side of Calleigh, a side which, quite honestly, I don't like. I'm talking as her n.1 fan, trust me. I know her and I know that she's not the same they're trying to show sometimes.
    Thank god for Jake 'cause whenever she's with him, I can recognize her ;)

IMHO, if he never cared about her, he wouldn't have helped in "Stand Your Ground" right when she accused him to lie or, even worse, to be an alcoholic. I would have kicked her ass, quite honestly, if I had been Jake in that moment. But as you can notice, he cares too much about her that he needs to help her.
    Same thing for "Ressurection". The title of this thread talks for itself;)
    He can be dead somewhere in Miami without anyone knowing it, just becase he cares about her and all he did was for her!!!!

Once Calleigh is with another man (if it will ever happen), they will have to face this rule, unless TPTB forgot it, but, knowing their love for drama, they won't forget this rule, ever :p.

But yeah
    It's very difficult to not be convinced about it ;).
    But who are we to loose any hope? :p

Let's say they didn't break up in that scene, but yeah I agree with you, he began in the wrong way in that scene, but he was able to let her know what his actual feelings were. BTW, after a scene like this, I was sure they were gonna hide their relationship. There was no way they could break up for such a stupid rule.
    Surely "slow things down" is not how it looks like ;)

Oh I misse all this discussion about our couple :p

Oh and abstract it's very nice to have you here. You're raising some great point and I love the way you post your thoughts too :thumbsup:

14. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

msjzud, would you really be surprised if the writers decided to go the ‘secret relationship’ route with another pairing? They almost have to if that fraternization policy is still in effect. It would seem their choices are: 1) keep any pairing's relationship hidden (yeah, that will last long at the lab) have the pair found out, then play up the drama that entails. 2) the pair is open about their relationship and, if the policy is in effect, one member will switch to the night shift (hm, didn’t we hear that offer once?) Or 3) the rule no longer exists and the pair works together, loves together and lives a fairy tale life. My money’s on #1, all the better for creating the character drama that Miami loves more than crime these days.

We know the door has been left open for Jake, so until I get some confirmation that it has been closed once and for all, I remain hopeful for his reappearance, and the possibility that Calleigh will come to her senses. The writers can write what they want in future episodes, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to fall for or believe whatever they come up with. I roll my eyes a lot lately.

Florry86, so Corey said that he’d love to see Jake again - was that an Email you received recently? BTW, you're welcome for the interview bits. He also called Emily an "angel" and said she was one of the sweetest people she had ever met. Are you able to get the magazine where you are?

I would have liked it if we could have gotten some small indication (in the previous several episodes) that perhaps Jake has been on Calleigh’s mind (at least once in awhile). Maybe a comment to Natalia in a moment of girl talk, just so we know that she hasn’t completely forgotten about him. He did, after all, risk his life for her and subsequently got shipped off with a target on his back! It’s not like she had gotten over him after they had been apart for a decade, so why would she now? I just think if/when he comes back, she’s not going to be nonchalant about it. My question is, how is he going to react to her given what we know about Calleigh and the upcoming episodes? He hoped she’d wait and she couldn’t. So if he does come back and she’s not, shall we say, alone, what then?

Now that I think of it, has Calleigh even had many scenes with Natalia this season?

msjzud, I, too, was a bit surprised to see Calleigh‘s crushed expression in Deep Freeze, usually she’s much more in control and does, like you said, take the upper hand in whatever situation she’s in. Another reason I loved that scene is because she was absolutely bubbling with happiness when she ran into him on the steps. So sweet.

This has been enjoyable, I’m glad I could join in.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I didn't say it would surprise me, I just said it would be stupid :lol:
    TPTB play the same story as they've already done before? - sure why not - they think we all have amnesia anyway & can't recall the way things really were in the first 5 years. ;)

My eyes are usually so far back in my head I can't see straight! :p
    But yes, Im with you - there's no confirmation that Jake is gone for good so we'll see how TPTB play on all the drama. Ya know it's funny because Johnny said Jake would do anything for her - he could come back & quit his UC job for her. That seemed to be the main reason in thier "break up". It wasn't a matter of either falling OUT of love for the other, it was simply his being away from her that she couldn't handle.
    If you ask me, had Jake stayed, would Calleigh still be with him - well hell yes. You could tell she wanted to be WITH HIM!!

Very rarely. Gee I wonder why. :vulcan:

I would've enjoyed that too, however I think TPTB just want to play thier games & make everyone think that he's out of her life & she doesn't care. All the times before, this is what they'd do. I don't know how many times we sat here asking "where's Jake" & then low & behold he would surface just when we thought it was a done deal.
    Bottom line is - there's no way denying that Jake left properly. That damn door is swinging wiiiiide open (along with Calleigh's feelings for him), so, bring. it. on. :p