Calleigh/Jake #2 - Because He Risked Everything For Her

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Florry86, Jan 27, 2009.

?

Title for the new thread

1. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for you"

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting with a glass of Mimosa"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Waiting for a new Mimosa party"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he risked everything for her"

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "I did it for you"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "We can't live like this!!"

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. Calleigh/Jake #2 - "Because he took a risk for her"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

In my honest to Gods opinion it didn't even look like Calleigh.....& no it wasn't because she had on any make-up. It just wasn't her at all. I don't know what our dear Alexx gave her but I wish she'd hand some over to me so I can get through the rest of this dreadful season :lol:
    "it felt like a dream" :rolleyes: Of course it was like a dream, Calleigh..... because YOU WERE ASLEEP DURING IT!! Duhhh. :guffaw:

Ok, my laughing fit is over...onto Jake. :p
    I would love love LOVE to see him just come back without any drama. Like say out of the blue Jake can just walk into the lab one day wearing a nice suit, shaved, has his hair looking :drool: & he tells Calleigh he's left UC & found another job.
    Then of course she would tell him to lose the suit because it isn't her type :p.... but she'll appreciate his effort. ;)
    Then they can start all the drama if they must, but I really don't want to go down the road of the -"is he good, is he bad" stupidity, because they already proved to us that Jake would do anything for her.

2. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

I, too, would like to see Jake wander back into Calleigh's life (or at least wander back to Miami) looking as good as he always does and without any drama. Unfortunately it would appear the writer's have another agenda with regards to Calleigh and her love life (I've read all the spoilers)

While I was pleased to sit through an episode this week that didn't feature the tiresome 'romance' that (lately) is forced on viewers every week, at the same time, I was very surprised. So after last week's near-death for Calleigh and Eric's declaration of undying love, this week they acted about as much 'in love' as Calleigh and Diddy did! No wonder I have trouble swallowing this romance. I would have thought that their 'love' would be evident even if they were keeping it under wraps. An 'I can't live without you' declaration from the guy who's been pining for her for two years and she barely registers a single emotion towards him?? I'm all for acting professional on the job, but when Calleigh was with Jake (and he wasn't screwing up as he did in Stand Your Ground) she looked lit from within and couldn't hold back her smile. They managed to act professional and keep their relationship under wraps while at the same time making it obvious to the viewers that they were together. They were natural as a romantic couple, albeit an imperfect couple (as most couples are).

I don't understand why the writer's couldn't have stuck with a couple that was interesting, had great chemistry, and didn't require multiple life-and-death situations/declarations of love, before deciding to try dating. Why did they have to go the predictable route of hooking up two main cast members - just like the other two CSI's did - just like almost every other show does? They had something unique with Calleigh and Jake; by-the-book-Calleigh with a guy who does things his own way, strong, sure of herself, Calleigh, with a guy equally strong and sure of himself. The two of them occasionally butting heads and having fun together could have been very entertaining. It would have been great to see Johnny pop in every so often.

I also thought Calleigh looked high in that final scene last week. Maybe Calleigh wasn't the only one dreaming, maybe we were all dreaming!

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

If only Alexx was my MD and gave me the same good drugs she gave her :guffaw:

AWWW Johnny looks great in suit and I'd love to see him coming back like this into Calleigh's life.
    I can imagine her in the same lab she was with Natalia last week (when Diddy showed she screwed up with evidences) and Jake walking through the lab (wearing that suit) looking for her. I'm pretty sure her reaction would be :eek::shifty::adore::drool::devil:
    Was it clear? :lol:

Of course!!! But are you sure she'll tell him instead of acting?? I just can't see her tell him "oh please Jake lose that suit", I can see her rip it off :devil:.

Well usually I'm all for drama on a show like this, but, quite honestly, I'm getting tired with all the drama on CSI:Miami except for few parts and I'd love them to stop it especially with the whole "is he good, is he bad" stuff 'cause it was just useless, IMO.

Well I've read the spoilers too and trust me there's no way they could go on without drama even in the new Calleigh's love life.
    It tooke them more than 2 years to get them together (yeah I think they're together, even if they did it in the most horrible way also for their fans ;)). So how is it possible they will ever get a normal life? Not to mention that there's nothing which tells us Jake can't come back.
    He can easily come back and then we'll have the real drama, because we know the reason why Calleigh is with Eric right now. Surely Jake coming back would be like a stab for them, but I'm pretty sure that once he's back, Calleigh will remember what she's been doing till now....waiting for her boy. Her boy is back and she loves him too much to ignore him. There's no way she'll ignore Jake once he's back ;)

As you said, I was both glad and surprised. I din't expect them to ingore eachother especially after what happened last week (considering all the drama they did till now), but I was glad they did it 'cause it kinda showed how they're not that natural together.
    When Calleigh & Jake were together and worked together, they were professional, but they just culdn't help smiling.
    As far as I know when two poeple are together and work together, they smile, they mention something about what happened the previous night (e.g. Calleigh leaving Jake alone in their bed because she had to go to work :lol:).
    Even when she was with Hagen, it happened.
    So yeah I think it kinda shows how CaKe was so natural and, trust me, it gets me mad to see all this happening without Jake.
    I'm all for romance and drama, but only if it's done in the proper way. As far as I've seen, it was done in a pretty good way only with Jake.

I'm pretty sure she was high in that moment, but hey if a girls tells you "it was like a dream" in that way, you should start having doubts on her reaction to your words, IMO. I mean she didn't say she loved it or that she was glad, she just told him it was like a dream. Obviously she sedated & intubated :lol:

Well the only reason I can see is that this is CSI:Miami and they always jump the shark whenever they want something new :shifty:.
    Trust me, what we've been seeing in these last 3 years was just "jump the shark" :)

I really hope it was like this 'cause I don't want to become diabetic :lol:
    **takes her insuline dose**:p

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think Pepto Bismol needs to start advertising during Miami episodes! :lol:
    They have my money, no doubt!

Abstract, I agree with everything you said above!!

There seems to be a lot of teasing when it comes to uhh, certain relationships on this show, however, with Jake & Calleigh TPTB didn't USE them as a tease, they didn't dangle them in front of the viewers like a piece of meat - I find it pretty telling about the difference in couples actually - I see a positive outcome for Cake moreso than e/c.
    Obviously this is just my opinion, but based on the last 2 years with what we've seen in comparison, & the way that our lovely PTB works these things, I think what TPTB will make look like the beginning of e/c is actually going to wind up being the end of e/c.
    I've read all the spoilers too ;) & I think this is juuuust the beginning of the actual destruction point. No it may not seem that way, or what anyone would expect, but that's EXACTLY why I'm seeing it this way.

At season's end it will have been 2 1/2 years of this - it's time to move on! Let calleigh ride off with Jake - there's no doubt in my mind that THAT is where she would rather be!!

Now. Where are my drugs from Alexx?? :shifty:

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'll always say they can't go on without any drama. The problem is that, IMO, they won't be able to get through it while Calleigh & Jake managed to go through lot of troubles:
    -Stetler
    -Mimosa
    -Jake's UC.
    As far as we know, she's waiting for him and she still loves him. Not to menion that these troubles were serious. Honestly, I can't compare anything E/C with all the drama Caleligh & Jake went through.
    I think they kinda showed it, mor than once.
    I still think it's just a matter of time;)

**Here I am with your drugs :lol:**

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well we all know how TPTB are - they wait until everyone suspects that everything is peachy, & then....when the world is watching so closely nipping on the taste of that "dangled meat".... TPTB come in for the kill!! :lol:

It's easier with Jake & Calleigh for the simple fact that he's a recurring guest star. It only adds the tension & shows the relationship WHEN TPTB WANT TO!! Showing 2 people romantically involved as lead CSIs in every single episode & in every single scene is far too much for a crime show...not exactly what the world of viewers want to freaking watch! :rolleyes:
    Cal & Jake are on different levels, job wise, so it's much easier to play them as a couple without all the "romance" overkill.
    We're also able to view Calleigh as just Calleigh the CSI & not Calleigh the one who's dating so&so....oh & that so&so was romantically involved with the other so&so who also went out on a date with the other so&so..... :wtf: Oh no that doesn't sound at all jacked up. :lol: Add Jake to the mix & OH HELL YEAH there is gonna be some drama.
    ~~~~
    Oh, & thanks for the meds, Flo.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And that's exactly what I'm waiting for, right now. You know just to get the whole situation a little bit mor spicy :devil:

I'll always say that when she was with Jake there was professionalism whenever she was working, though she couldn't help smiling.
    Since Jake's departure (even from SYG), I just can't see that professional girl she's always been.
    She just doens't seem focused on her job not to mention that in the last episode she screwed up with evidences :eek:. Even if she was rescuing 2 injured people, she screwed up with them. This isn't Calleigh Duquesne!!!!

When she was with Jake, they just showed some little cute CaKe moment and they NEVER interefered with the rest of the case/episode.
    I just can't see that happenin with other people, also because they work in the same lab.

Not to mention that I still think we have to see a little bit more of what happened between Calleigh & Jake even in their past.

My dear beloved Ann Donahue (sorry I just don't like her :rolleyes:) mentioned they were going to explore Calleigh's past with Jake. Well where is it? Did I miss something? I want to see it. We ought to see it!

I think I'm gonna be you official pharmacist :lol:

8. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Okay folks, a few reminders...

First off. ALL discussion of future episodes NEEDS to be put in spoiler boxes. I know there is a lot of talk and speculation about upcoming spoilers and such, but please keep discussion of future episodes in spoiler boxes.

Second, again, there is a lot of excitement and speculation regarding recent spoilers. Now, not everyone is going to like every ship or pairing, but what we do ask is that you keep the talk of other ships to a minimum. And please be respectful to others who don't ship the same ship as you.

Thank you :D

Back to Calleigh and Jake

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's one of the very reasons that I dislike them. It interrupts her interaction with the entire cast - it's interrupted Eric with others as well.
    That's also a reason why I think it may not continue for much longer (past the season anyway) for the simple fact that they've wasted ALL this time just exploring (& teasing) & TPTB have been sure to give fans every bit of "e/c moments" that they can get. In a way, I see that as them saying - here you go, this is what you're getting, so take it while it lasts. It may have been slow progression, but it hasn't been played at all subtle, so I feel like TPTB are doing the overkill on purpose. If this was the case of a couple coming together & THEN facing all this WHILE they were together then that would be different, but at this point they don't have a lot of room...or time...to take them much further.
    They've already managed to force them into every sort of possible tragedy/issue, & the actual romance hasn't even begun. That's about as assbackwards as you can get for a TV show - TPTB will eventually run out of things to do with them, & in my opinion, after all they've already done with them - that time is going to run out quicker than most think.

Totally agreed, especially that last line :rolleyes:. I've said it before - this going back & forth of is he bad, is he good is overdone, I've had enough of it & if they went that route again I would have to start watching the news instead of this show. While they may want to enforce more drama to this couple so some fans can get excited, that's one thing, but I really hope they'd consider some FACTS....NOT every one of the fans (or millions of viewers) want to see the rest of Miami's run being the E/C drama hour!

Calleigh IS an individual, & the past 2 years she's either been Calleigh with Jake, or Calleigh with Eric.
    Calleigh the CSI, the individual who has a nice friendly bond with Ryan, Calleigh the CSI who at one time looked like a friend to Natalia, Calleigh the CSI who had a close bond with her boss Horatio - where did all that go?
    I love 'ships' & romances even among two characters who are on the same team - but definitly not when it's two lead CSIs who has to be acknowledged in every other episode, & in every single scene. I'd rather have Jake back so he can come in from time to time & it not be shoved in my face.

My personal favorite "idea" is to have him come back undercover with this Russian Mob that's taken the role of this season's "villian". I love that he can just pop up anywhere because of his work. :p
    For me, I'd love to see him face something horrific. After all they've implied on how terrifying his job is, I'd love for them to explore that side of it & actually show the consequences of being a UC agent, not necessarily resulting in death though.
    Of course, I'd love to see Calleigh's reaction to it as well because that's something that she's noted (in Resurrection/ being scared for him), but we have yet to see her face that kind of tragedy. I feel like it would "connect the dots" from his first appearance in 'going under'.

Sorry, HHunter. You posted as I was.

11. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

My apologies, hhunter, I mean no disrespect to fans of any other ship. As for the spoilers, it was never my intent to reveal any spoilers and if I did, I apologize for that as well.

It's Friday the 13th, must be why the quote thing isn't working for me. mjzud, I'm quoting you here: "Calleigh the CSI, the individual who has a nice friendly bond with Ryan, Calleigh the CSI who at one time looked like a friend to Natalia, Calleigh the CSI who had a close bond with her boss Horatio - where did all that go?"

I wonder that same thing. I miss her interactions with the other team members as well. And I agree with you, Jake coming back every so often wouldn't interfere with any of Calleigh's work bonds. I think it's time for Miami to develop a closer friendship between Natalia and Calleigh. It can't be easy being a female in their profession; it makes sense that the two might develop a bond, at least in the workplace.

Quoting you again, mjzud: "My personal favorite "idea" is to have him come back undercover with this Russian Mob that's taken the role of this season's "villian". I love that he can just pop up anywhere because of his work. :p
    For me, I'd love to see him face something horrific. After all they've implied on how terrifying his job is, I'd love for them to explore that side of it & actually show the consequences of being a UC agent, not necessarily resulting in death though."

I love your idea! I remember an episode on one of the other crime dramas (Criminal Minds, I think) where a UC cop knew he was in danger and had been taken hostage before his partner could get him out safely. The team then had to race to find his location before he was killed. I remember at the time thinking it would be a great way to insert Jake into a story line. UC is a job is fraught with danger, but it's not something we've seen done with any depth on Miami. It would be a nice change of pace, and would also tie in beautifully to Calleigh's comments about being terrified and wondering if she would ever know if something were to happen to him. I'd actually like to see her kept in the dark as long as possible while someone else worked his case. Maybe she could find out he'd been taken because someone slipped and inadvertently said something in front of her. It would almost bring things full circle for them ( ties things in to Going Under, just like you said). She would face her fears up close, not behind the wall where she usually keeps them. If the Miami writers won't write an episode like that, I wish someone would.

mjzud, I like the way you think!

Maybe it's time for someone to post a picture of our favorite pair so we can remember happier times.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

OMG you posted a lot in here, what's going to happen now that I'm not going to post in here for a while? :eek:

First of all sorry hhunter. We're alway trying to respect all the rules, though sometimes it's very difficult not to mention other couples considering the recent spoilers.
    Havin said this, I'll do my best not to mention any other couple in my post ;)

abstract you raised lot of interesint points & I'll never stop agreein with you.
    All I can say is that when Calleigh was with Jake they showed these 2 together every now & then and Jake never interfered with her job and professionalism.
    They never had to show Jake in every episode/moment with Calleigh.
    If Calleigh had a problem Jake could both be there to help her (as he did at the end of SYG) be absent.
    It wasn't important for them to show Jake there 'cause it was pretty obvious that she hadn't any doubt on her feelings towards him. Not to mention that there were no doubt on how WE (as audiance) felt about it.
    To show that her "right man" isn't Jake, they're just showing him with her in every single moment whenever she's in troubles (look her coma was the last thing which prooved their strategy).
    IMHO, this isn't how things work out (that's the only reason why I dont' ove this kind of couple), but I won't judge it and I'll wait here.
    All I want right now is CSI:Miami going back to normal with the team spirit 'cause the whole romance/triangle stuff ruined it and I'll always say that it will interfer with it.

That's how I want him to come back too.
    I don't want him to be part of another horrible triangle stuff. I want him to come back as a surprise with noone knowing anything about his possible return.
    I can see him working with both Ryan & Horatio and suddenly he has to walk through the crime lab. Calleigh is in her lab and she suddenly saws a figure she wasn't waiting for in that moment. I so can imagine her being like "what??? Am I crazy" and then drop all the guns and running out as fast as possible to get him so that they finally can have a talk.
    I can't see her hugging him immediatly (though I'd love it) just 'cause she's been waiting for him with the most horrible fear of loosing him, not to mention that she almost died without him by her bedside. But I'm pretty sure that once they'll talk about it, they'll get through it. It already happened in "Resurrection". In that occasion she had been waiting for him without knowing anything about him (she didn't even know he was back UC) :p
    I can also picture the whole UC stuff going on and Jake being in danger
    in that case I'd love to see him badly hurt so that she'll have to face her worst fear....to loose him.
    I want to see a strong reaction by her, though we already kinda saw it. I still think something importanta has to happen so that she can finally face it in the worst way possible. Obviously, I'd hate the idea of him dead, but if it helps her to show the real feelings she had for him (I alrady saw them)...well I'm all for it.

Did I read correctly?
    Here I am with some lovely pics just for you ;)
    First Kiss - the most important
    Cheesy moment
    I'm here for you
    Smile
    Professional at work
    J&C: talk to us little CaKe fan!
    Following you
    Kiss
    Waiting for you

After this long post I'm gonna say goodbye to all of you since I won't be posting for a while because of RL.
    Take care :)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Like Calleigh waits for Jake, we'll be waiting for your return as well, Florry. :p

LOoooove the pictures. :)

Ya know, a lot of people were suggesting that her near death was going to be the biggie to break down her walls, & I always said that I thought it needed to be something else...bigger & personal, & not due to self-pity. Now looking at how it went in her coma episode I can see that it didn't do much to her - we did not see a side of Calleigh showing her walls come down....at all. She didn't break down, the serious side wasn't there.
    So, I personally think the only way to show Calleigh truly breaking down is the death of a loved one - Jake or Duke. Duke has been MIA for years, so Im not gonna count on him, but they've done loads of foreshadowing with Jake...that's why Im always a little suspicious.

We've seen Calleigh's reaction to losing Speed, she was sad however she still held a lot in. Her reaction to Hagen - it was shock, & disbelief. Her reaction to Eric - she was a bit crazed over what had happened & worried. When Horatio "died" we saw a little more of a dramatic reaction, however, still she turned immediatly & was more determined to find who the killer was. Lastly, her reaction to William's death - she wasn't close to this man by any means but the guilt was enough to bring her down in a way we hadn't seen her before.

Her facing Jake in that position (I think) would be something far more dramatic than anything we've seen Calleigh ever go through. Whether it's him being in some sort of accident or him dying - either way I could see that being the big mark left on her character, moreso than all these other millions of mini tragedies.

Being in predictaments over & over again will definitly wear thin on a person, but it doesn't speak as much volume as it would seeing her react to losing someone she loves - & imo, TPTB have done a lot to prove that she had/has these feelings for Jake.

Jake wasn't just some new flame that came into Calleigh's life to jumpstart the "triangle". They gave them history together, they made it known that this was someone Calleigh has known even longer than her teammates, & they also made it known that Calleigh was crazy about him. I don't recall the exact words, but it was something Jake said to her in 'Going Under' about her being too wrapped up in her boyfriend in the academy. That part spoke more to me for several reasons. It showed what the writer's were implying, which was that this was the one guy in Calleigh Duquesne's life who could get under her skin...& in a good way I might add. It also gave us a chance to sorta peek into Calleigh's past - before CSI:Miami, so to speak - it showed us that there was life before her team, & life outside of the team.
    I just feel that it spoke more volume than if it had just been some random new guy who floated into her life who she just kinda liked.

All these events from the past 2 seasons have left little marks on her character, but I honestly don't think TPTB are done yet. I'm just feeling that something bigger is going to happen to fully bring those walls down & that's going to be the kicker, the twist, whatever you want to refer to it as. Either way, I think it will be something that has a much bigger impact on her character..& leave a much bigger mark on her.

in one of his interviews he stated that all these events that were happening to all the characters would reach a climax that would change the lives of all of them.
    I can't help but think that there's a big twist that will arise come season finale time. ;)

Think about the others for a second. Horatio's been through hell, every little thing managed to mark him, yet it was his wife's murder (in s4) that took things into full motion & his actions left a bigger impact on the viewers. Eric went through a lot as well, but what stood out from the rest was when Marisol died & later when he was shot. Natalia went through her own drama in s4 & 5 - it left little marks as well but the biggest impact she left (on the audience anyway) was when Nick died.

The thing is though, H, Eric, Natalia, still saw futures. Horatio was determined to save all of Miami, Eric wanted to settle down, & Natalia was able to move on from her abusive ex-husband & gain strength.
    With Calleigh, & if anything ever happened to Jake - what would it do to her, where would that leave her? Jake is no Nick Townsend, & he's not family to Calleigh, & Calleigh is a woman who wouldn't likely feel the need to seek revenge as H did. So, it's just a little "what if" to think about.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  14. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Wow. I haven't seen this thread in forever; well of course I haven't seen this one. Thread 2? Wow, thats really great you guys! *hugs* I'm sure none of yall even remember little me :p

I haven't been watching Miami since Jakey left. LOL. It just doesn't spark to me that much. I've been reading a little bit of what yall's been posting trying to catch up and I haven't gotten it down yet, but. I miss Jake. If Jake comes back, you guys will HAVE to poke me and tell me to watch him!

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh he has to come back. I mean Calleigh chose Jake once. Why wouldn't she again? If he comes back and says he's not going to be in UC anymore and wants to be with her do you honestly think she's gonna turn him down? I don't think she could even if she wanted to. :lol: