NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Great episode but I'm with you Destiny. That part you mentioned also confused me. I hope they clarify that soon.

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I'm with you guys. That bit confused me a bit.

I wonder if Tony was friends with Palmer when he was Team Leader before. Does anyone have any ideas or insights?

;)

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm I think they are trying to see what kind of record they can make trying to accuse Tony of murder. The funny thing is, Ziva is suppost to be the "killer mentality" type and yet she has nothing on Tony. :lol:

As to my thought on Palmer, I am still not sure what is going on there, how could it not be mentioned before if we was an agent? And how would Ducky not know about it? I think either he is a sounding board (ie fresh eyes) or maybe he helped Tony at one point and Tony made him an unofficial agent because of that help and to help him deal with what he went through. Or this is just a twist that they wanted to shock the crap out of everyone with lol. Or as I mentioned since Palmer didn't say that in from of Tony and said it quietly it was more because he helps. But that dude was not the dumbed down Palmer, this Palmer was an overly knowledgeable Palmer. Scarey. :lol:

I also loved the line when Gibbs gave out all this info on a suspect and Ziva and Tim were looking at him and said they never heard him say so much at one time, and Ziva said "or in a week". How Gibbs won the money in the interrogation watch room, okay who didn't see that coming lol they didn't learn. I also noticed alot that people were calling Tony "Anthony" now I get that is his name but still.

I wouldn't mind if Zive or Tim got to really take charge of a case that I think would be cool, by that I mean like this last episode. Tony is senior field agent but still it would be cool.

The next weeks episode looks pretty cool, and it simi ties into this one (one line of it anyway).... This is going into a tag.

In the previous episode "Bounce" Tony mentions to Ducky that he won't be going back to Arizona any time soon, but in the next episode "South By Southwest", the team travels to Arizona during a murder case.

South By Southwest: The death of a NCIS agent leads Gibbs and Tony into the desert to locate a woman who holds the answer to the mystery.

BTW the link goes to the futon critic to see the guest cast.

The next episodes following South by southwest (airing 2-24)
    3/3/09 (Tue) 8:00 PM (#603)Capitol Offense (R)
    3/10/09 (Tue) 8:00 PM (#604)Heartland (R)

4. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Was I the only one cracking up at seeing Tony on the horse and him saying that the horse lost a contact lens. Tony is DEFINITELY not a man used to being around animals and the countryside in general. He is SUCH a city dweller.
    :guffaw:

5. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

This was definitely one of the best eps in a long time :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Bravo to the cast and the writer's. It was full of humour and fun :lol: I really can't wait for next week's ep. :)

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey Hey Hey! There is another NCIS Marathon on USA this Sunday! I'm going to see if I can find out which episodes are airing. More good luck for those of us who are trying to catch episodes missed in the past. I'm hoping they show SWAK and the one where Tony rescues Gibbs from the car. I'll edit later with a list of episodes...:p

EDIT: Here is the episode schedule:

09:00 AM VANISHED
    10:00 AM LT. JANE DOE
    11:00 AM THE BONE YARD
    12:00 PM TERMINAL LEAVE
    01:00 PM CALL OF SILENCE
    02:00 PM MODEL BEHAVIOR
    03:00 PM BOXED IN
    04:00 PM SUSPICION
    05:00 PM SHARIF RETURNS
    06:00 PM BLOWBACK
    07:00 PM BLOODBATH
    08:00 PM JEOPARDY
    09:00 PM HIATUS (1)
    10:00 PM HIATUS (2)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  7. csi-love

csi-love Victim

its gotta b "CSI! No the term's NCIS"

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Bummer. I have class on Sunday. (yes I know weird, class on Sunday) So while I'm sitting in class, learning things that should be common sense, I will be thining of what I am missing. :( Should make class drag on forever!

9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

That's because you don't accuse Ziva of murder... you assume she did it. :lol:

Kidding, kidding.

As far as Palmer, I was confused too, especially since Tony calls him the "Autopsy Gremlin"... But it's just funny, because the two of them seem the most unlikely people to be talking secretively in the evidence garage. I think that it was like what someone else said- Tony turned to him sometimes while he was team leader.

And I guess that makes sense, because Tony doesn't seem like the type that, when team leader, would turn to the team when he's perplexed about something. He would go to a third party to talk it out. And I guess Palmer was just easier for some reason...

I really loved this episode, though. I think Gibbs' reactions to some of the things Tony was doing was hysterical. Also, Tony's angst at realizing he made a big mistake was so well portrayed. The scenes between Tony and Abby in her lab were adorable.

All in all, great episode. :)

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

OMG! Is this show always this funny and ... and...funny

DiNozzo: Can I ask you something?
    Ziva: Sure.
    DiNozzo: Do you really think I smell?
    Ziva: No, I was just kidding.
    DiNozzo: ~~farts~~ How about now?
    :guffaw:

11. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

When Palmer said he restocked the Jamaican Mocha coffee it made me wonder if he and Tony had been spending a lot of time bouncing ideas off of each other when he was team leader before. Tony wouldn't go to Ziva since he'd figure that she'd mock him and he wouldn't go to McGee because... well... he's McGee or McGeek, or whatever he's calling him that day. Palmer would be a neutral third party with whom Tony could talk about whatever was bothering him.

Tony was genuinely remorseful at the mistake that sent that guy to prison. I loved how Tony went to the NCIS gym to get the brace for the Sister Rosita. That is something that Gibbs would never do. He really did a great job as team leader. I hope that he gets another chance without being framed for murder. Destiny, you're right, I think Tony holds the record for being framed for murder.

Does anyone know the exact wording of Rule 38? I assumed that it had something to do with investigating whomever tries to frame you for murder. But, when it comes to Gibbs, who knows?

I agree with you, Race. It was a great episode.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I think Rule 38 is "Your case, your lead," because that's what Gibbs said when he handed Tony the folder.

Though I loved how everyone assumed Gibbs wsas going back to Mexico... :lol:

13. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Ah ha... Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense.

It was funny that everyone assumed that Gibbs was heading back south of the border again. :guffaw:

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^I guess it's too late for this but I've just came across them:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Thank you so much Daquin. :) I'ts never too late for such nice promo pics. Gosh, I never notices McGee's hand around Ziva's leg :devil::devil::devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.