American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Definitely!

Heh, I haven't stopped listening to his single for two days straight. :lol: Although it sounds a lot more..country than I expected. The lyrics about rainbows cracked me up but what are ya going to do, it's American Idol. Cheese is in the job description.

I am wondering though why they didn't keep the other song he had. Maybe they wanted a more..winning song? And if that was the case, did they tell just him to pick a new one? or did both him and Archuleta have the same one? So many questions so little time. :eek:

2. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I knew David Cook was going to win, he had too he was the best (although I still like Michael Johns). I hope that his songs do well. Archuleta was ok but I just could not get into him and he always sang the "change the world" type songs.

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

And on the other side of that ... speaking of 'winners' where in the world is Rubben Studdard?!

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Rubben was on last Tuesday night at the end. He gain weight again after he lost the weight last time.

5. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yeah, I crack up whenever I hear the line about magical rainbows. :lol: But he actually makes the song nice to listen to, which says a lot.

I've also heard songs from his old album that he made and I love them! :eek:

By the way, Geni, I just realized we have the same quote in our sigs. :lol:

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Uh oh! It's like coming to school wearing the same outfit. :lol: You probably had yours first but I just saw Leno the other night and thought it was a funny quote.

^ Yeah he makes it sound good for a song stanking with cheese. I still think it sounds oddly country and should be played on the country stations here too. Man he could do any genre, it's mind boggling.

I have his old album too! I love the songs on them although it kind of sounds like he did the album in his basement and the backing vocals are a bit off-kilter. That's okay because now he gets take two with AI.

7. keich

keich CSI Level One

I'm glad Cook won. To be honest, I didn't really care who'd win coz I like them both. :) I was so rooting for Carly, though.

8. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Honestly, Carly wasn't my favorite, but she certainly did not deserve to go home before Jason and Brooke. They were just terrible by the end. If you don't sound good near the end, you won't last much in a professional career. It's just sad that America didn't vote for the right people until the very end... though I'm still kinda *eh* about David Archuleta. But he was definitely a good singer, just not versatile like David Cook. I think Carly Smithson, Michael Johns, and Syesha Mercado are going to be the most famous non-winners. That's only my opinion, however.

I'm beyond happy David Cook won. Now if I could just get the image of him in tightie-whities out of my head... or do I really want to? Nah... *watches Guitar Hero commercial again*

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I couldn't agree with you more. On the last performance night, I (and my family) thought it was blatenly obvious that they were being harsh on David C. on purpose. Because 2/3 of his performances weren't terrible, and didn't deserve to be called such. But ya, in all honesty, David A. took the night away.

The people fell for it. Also, I've heard a lot of people saying that they didn't want to vote for someone young. I think that's really stupid. If David A. is equally matched with David C., and David C. had got 7ish years on him....doesn't that technically make David A. the better singer?

It wasn't the right call, in my opinion. David C. might sell more records, but that's not the point of the show. The point is to find the best vocalist in America. That was clearly David A.

10. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

I watched the Final of American Idol on Saturday night and I really, really wanted David Archuleta to win. He was my favourite all the way through, and his duet with One Republic "Apologise" WOW!!!!:eek:

David Cook was good. I really did like him singing the winning song "This is the Time of My Life" and I can see that would of suited Cook much better then Archie.
    But in the end I really didn't care who won cos they were the best 2 out of the top 12 so it was good TV!!!

11. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Is everyone ready for another year of American Idol?

If so it starts tonight on CTV from 8pm till 10pm.

From the previews it looks like we have another judge. Besides Simon, Randy and Paula, we now have Kara DioGuardi.

So i guess we can look forward to another season of fun and hijinx, with the gang.:lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The guy whose wife died (can't remember his name) he's got a nice voice. My brother said he looks like Robert Downey Jr and I agree. :lol:

I think they should have let that little redhead through though. She had a nice voice and I disagree with the judges that she isn't ready. Hopefully she'll be back next year. :) I love the song she sang... It's "Everytime we touch" by Cascada.

The bikini girl looks like actress Brandy Ledford.

13. Della

Della Police Officer

[RANT AHOY!!!!]

Last year I promised myself that I wouldn't watch American Idol again, putting myself through watching arrogant tossers and listening to prepubescent, squeaky clean, candy flossed teenager voices, but here I was this year watching and enjoying most of what was going on. Not so many candy flossed vibrato teenager voices this year, but instead some really good quality vocals going on.

Lovely....... Well, until last night(?) that is.....

...Right up until the judges decided to send Jamar Rogers home with an excruciatingly flimsy reason "that he didn't stand out from the crowd". WTF did they think they were doing????!!!:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

How could they put that screeching, whining, horrible, horrible witch Tatiana through and dump Jamar? How could they keep the construction worker and the welder in and dump Jamar. Now I like Nick/Norman Gentile, he brought a bit of fun to the program, and he can sing but if Nick comes out on the show as Norman Gentile I will seriously throw something hard and not so breakable at my monitor with Jamar's name on it.

So, apparently Jamar never stood out from the crowd. What a complete and utter load of bullsh*t!!!

When you take into account that a fair few of those who got through forgot their words, sang out of tune, dramatised, sobbed, whined, screeched and demonstrated and so forth, I guess being able to sing and sing incredibly well, as well as adding a fair few original tones to the song is just the 'run of the mill' huh?

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Criminy American Idol has started early this year with its controversy.

All in all, I was in tears when Jamar went downstairs to tell Danny Gokey (his best mate - the one who'd lost his wife a month before the auditions and who clearly needs/needed Jamar with him) that he hadn't made it through. In all honesty, Danny looked like he'd been gutted alive and then he looked incredibly pissed off, and then he just got this very, sad completely gutted look on his face.

American Idol hasn't just become a joke now, American Idol is the absolute pits. There have been mates going to these things and either neither could sing or one could and the other couldn't but for once both could sing and sing incredibly well. The reason the judges gave for booting out Jamar is just beyond me.

I actually detest the program now and even if they manage to bring Jamar back with a Wild Card, (if American Idol has them) I will still detest this complete and utter farce of a program. F*cking about with peoples lives, such as Jamar's, is not funny whatsoever

[/rant]

*asks herself Why on earth do I watch these programs???!!!*

*sigh*

:(

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Della I said exactly the same thing "I'm not ever going to watch this again" nobody I like ever wins, and her I go again:klingon: I got hooked, again, and after watching last night I only liked 3 people the blond girl and the other guy and the last guy [sorry I don't remember their names]. that Tatiana is a drama queen and she's not as good as she think's she is:scream: and she's way overweight these meaty arms:eek: go away she is not that good.. so we'll see and I can't wait for it to end..again...

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I also said I wasn't going to watch this season (except the auditions), but then Alexis and Danny just blew me away. I have to watch their journey. Plus, Alexis is from Memphis which is where I grew up (its not where I live now though).

I didn't like Tatiana either. Like Simon, I found her kind of annoying (the giggling). :lol: Although she didn't have that bad of a voice. Honestly she sounded better than any of the other girls except for Alexis who was all kinds of awesome.

I'm glad Alexis and Danny got in because they are both awesome. I think the finale should be the two of them, personally. But, I thought Anoop should have had the third spot tonight. Oh well. Perhaps they'll do the wildcard thing again and bring him in on that.

And I loved that they had my two faves from last season (Michael Johns and Carly) on there. I nearly squealed when I heard Michael say he's got an album coming out in May.

Out of the second group of 12, the only one I really liked was Adam. I also like Scott (the blind guy). He's got a really nice voice that reminds me a little of Josh Groban's voice.

By the way, anyone know what happened to that guy with the last name of Osmond? I don't recall seeing him in Hollywood week, but I might have missed a few minutes of that particular ep because I was flipping back and forth between idol and Nancy Grace. :lol: I thought he was pretty good though.

Does anyone know if they are going to do a wildcard this season? I would assume they are because if they are only having the top three from each group of 12 and there was only three groups of 12 then that would only be 9 contestants. So, I would assume they are going to do three wildcards to make 12 contestants... unless they do a baker's dozen and have 4 wildcards since there are 4 judges and let each judge choose one person. :shrug:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.