Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Haha I love that people love my idea about the ending scene. :lol: Let's remember the three line rule, though. We don't want a mod to step in again, do we? :D Although I have to say that what's supposed to be three lines on my old 17" monitor now ends up in one and a half lines on my new 22" one and it gets a little confusing sometimes. :lol:

I do agree that the alternate ending had to take several takes to finish. Perfection aside, I think Cath and Gil were too into it and forgot where they were. The director had to stop them and warn them about inappropriate behaviors in front of the camera. Finally he just gave up, decided to cut out the whole scene and make it his own private collection. :lol:

lol that reminds me of Anne's contribution in the caption thread..."give us five minutes and it will be Pay Per View." :devil:

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Guys, did you NOT see my post TWO days ago about the three line rule? In case you didn't know, the three line rule does NOT include when you quote somebody. You still have to have THREE lines of on-topic posting of your own.

Thanks!

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh, I agree 110% with you Erica about them being too caught up in the moment. I bet it took the director, producers, camera crew, and anybody else there to get their attention...and it probably still didn't work.:lol: Of course, personally, I wouldn't even bother to interrupt and let them do what they do best.:devil: Just put them in a room and tell them they can 'rehearse' for the next scene, have a camera hidden, leave them alone and it's a win win situation for everybody.;)

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!<3

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

First of all - congratulations PureJoyers! Our ship was voted "Best Ship" in the poll! Woohoo!!

Just confirming what we all knew already, lol!

So tell me - the moment that was picked for favorite ship moment with regards to the poll was the "I even missed your tush" from King Baby. Do you feel the same, or do you have a moment you think is EVEN BETTER?

Cause let's be honest - our ship had moments pretty much every episode...

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Drumchik: HECK YEAH I voted for the King Baby tush moment!!!!! Are you kidding me!??! That's hands down one of the TOP TEN best PureJoy moments EVER!!! *squeeee*

I'm SO HAPPY our ship won- of course we would...we are THE ship of all ships ;p Congrats on another victory, ya'll ;)

CSIz: We SO think of the same brainwaves constantly...Tis why you are my bestie!

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Alright, we're the best ship! *does little dance*....course like you said Anne, confirming what we already know.:thumbsup: As far as words spoken between them, I'd say the tush comment is probably the best one. We have had so many though, that it is hard to pick cause they're all priceless in their own way. Now, if the poll was based on looks...we may have just a little tougher time making a decision.

Amb, let's face it...when it comes to PureJoy, we share the same brain.:lol:

7. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

i absolutley LOVE the tush scene, but definitly not my fave. One of my favorites is from hmm.... i think the episode Happenstance, with the twins that both die. Cath bets gil a dollar that the deaths are related, but in the end it turns out they were both right(don't remember how that happened). Anyways she rips a dollar in half and gives one half to him, while he tells her that is a federal offence and then she snaps it back and rolls her eyes. Not very funny when writing, but it makes me laugh ;)
    Also love it in toe tags when doc robbins asks cath when was the last time she fell asleep in grissoms tub. :devil: But there are way too many more to list!

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*shuffles in* Sorry I haven't been around... I caught the flu on Friday and stayed sick until this morning. *sniffs* But I'm feeling much better now, even though I still have a lot to catch up on.

Yes! *does happy dance before poking TPTB* If that isn't confirmation, then I don't know what is. You know it's still not too late for a reunion... not to mention there are still opportunities for more moments. Adding more to the PureJoy archives wouldn't hurt the ratings. It's not like Billy and Marg are gonna object... oh, and you might want to reconsider their suggestions, especially that roll in the sack.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Interesting. We're also talking about our favorite Catherine scenes in the Marg/Catherine discussion thread. :)

While the ending scene from King Baby was cute and all (and great ad-lib from Billy!), it was one of those lighter, funnier moments between Catherine and Gil. I love light, funny moments, and there are so many of them, which is a really great thing, but I think when I pick a "best" scene, it must be something that touches my heart, and perhaps a little emotional. The scene outside the morgue from Cool Change, the scene where Gil came to Catherine's rescue and threw Eddie out of the building from Too Tough to Die, the ending scene from Strip Strangler, the scene before Gil's ear surgery from Inside the Box, the "he hit you" scene from Weeping Willows...just to name a few. However, after watching 19 Down, I don't think there's anything that could top the "I knew before you knew" scene. It was simply amazing. Showed you the genuine care they had for each other without getting over-dramatic. Again, that single line and the smiles on their faces just explained everything. :)

10. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

I definitely agree with Erica on the whole thing about the fact that we have some scenes that are just really touching. They show us what kind of a level their relationship is on, and that's proof moreso than anything, I think. The Cool Change scene confuses me because it almost seemed as if they were more than just co-workers. He was worried that she might need him there. I don't know. CC is one of the reasons that I think the writers actually considered G/C to be a very strong possibility during Season 1. It almost seems as if they really did have something (as evidenced by Eddie's comment in Too Tough To Die). The audience doesn't know any better but Eddie does; he knows their history. The writers really confused me that season. When I started liking CSI, I bought Season 1 first and that's when I started shipping these two. Obviously the writers purposefully messed with our heads. Somewhere along the way, they just decided it wasn't going to work out. Hm.

I most definitely have to rate the King Baby scene as one of my favourites though. It just makes me squee like no other. But the one scene that I usually list as being my favourite is that scene at the end of Early Rollout, when Gil bites his glasses. I don't know why. It's just so much lust. And of course the scene in ... The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp when Catherine asks him, "Do I turn you on or what?" I know it's silly but it's the super innuendo-y moments that definitely get me on a shipper high. I'm sure that doesn't just apply to me. ;)

11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I feel the same way. It seemed like to me season one was heavily leaning towards G/C. Like you said about Cool Change, that scene just seemed to go deeper than the co-worker/friendship side and if something wasn't going on why would Eddie have made the 'boyfriend' comment or knowing they had 'a thing' comment? There was just so much potential and speculation going on, but for whatever reason, they decided to just pull the plug. It just doesn't make sense at all.:scream:

Oh, I know I mention Early Rollout time and time again, but there's just so much in that one scene and the way he looked at her...says it all.:drool: If I had to pick my favorite "No Words Needed" scene, I would have to say that's it.

12. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

^
    I love your new avvie and siggie! The siggie is super cute. It made me literally say "Awww" out loud. By myself. Which is a little strange, but still.

Early Rollout...if you look closely the look in his eyes changes. Maybe I'm being my usual paranoid and hallucinating self when I say that but...GAH. hahaha

OMG!! How could I have forgotten that last scene in No Humans Involved!! Another great "No Words Needed" scene. Marg's look is just...designed to kill. hahaha

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Luckily for us, Gil and Cath have plenty of both kinds of moments... I always did like the fact that they could be serious and know when to be funny. *sighs* Is it to much to ask Gil to call Cath on the show? I think she just wants to here his voice... she could always talk about her day with him.

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Thanks! Hey, don't feel strange because I did the same thing (and still do, for that matter) and I kind of had an idea of what it was going to look like.:lol: I have our very own Steph to thank for both:)......now if we could just get them to really do that.
    Oh, no it's not just you. I see it too. I think the evidence speaks for itself.;)
    Me too, and sometimes we were fortunate to get both in the same scene. I really hope we get a scene where she gets a call from him or she mentions he called or something along those lines. Couldn't you just picture her reaction talking to him?

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Wide eyes and jaw dropping... Gil would still know how to surprise Cath. They would so talk into the wee hours of the morning 'cause they have a lot to catch up on. It's kind of like the husband checking up on his wife and kids...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.