Episode 7x14 - 'Smoke Gets In Your CSIs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 30, 2009.

1. EmilyBarton

EmilyBarton Hit and Run

I second that, shes a brilliant actress

Anyone know the music in this epi, i recognize it kinda.

Any help will be greatly apreciated

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked this episode. I liked Ryan and Calleigh's scenes, I enjoy watching their friendship but I agree with other posters he could've asked Eric how she was doing. I was surprised Natalia didn't ask about Calleigh too. It was great seeing Alexx again, I was hoping I would see a scene with her and Calleigh after Calleigh woke up. It was nice seeing her scenes with Horatio though, saying it's family night and that he would fit right in.

3. ThickRimmedGlas

ThickRimmedGlas Hit and Run

I think this wasn't as much a 'the whole Miami team' or 'Calleigh's struggle' episode as the promos said, but more a Calleigh/Eric romance episode.

Perhaps throwing too much concern from other team members would have drowned the chemistry between them out. I think the writers wanted to have the affection between them uninterrupted and constantly in play, so to do that they couldn't have had too much "OMG CALLEIGH!!" from the other characters.
    Besides, the CSI team's way of avenging someone is to solve the crime. we can't assume they weren't concerned for their own. I think by now we know the Miami team better than that, and we shouldn't have to be shown everything in order to know it.

HOWEVER....I do think throwing a one minute scene with Ryan in the hospital with Calleigh would have been nice. -shrug- Oh well..

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I for one am not comparing to the sister shows at all, they're all different. My comparison is to the first 5 years of THIS show, & in my opinion, the interaction has been inconsistant from what they used to play.
    It has nothing to do with the other shows, it has everything to do with the fact that this show used to be far better in terms of interaction & character bonding with all the characters. I think at this point, no one can deny that they've managed to push several characters on the backburner, & have managed to lessen the interaction among other characters all for the sake of a certain storyline. That, in my opinion, is wrong, & it was an episode like this that made it even worse because it was a moment that we should have seen the same Miami interaction that used to be there.
    This isn't a debate, it's just my opinion, & if some of us see negativity & disappointment in the epi then we have the right to say so.

:)

5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

haha, I had a dream last night (don't remember too much about it) but somebody was in trouble or something and I looked to my left and there was Horatio LOL! But somehow I knew he was going to be there. hahahahahahha I rarely have dreams about CSI but when I do they'e always something out there....

I think if H didn't mysteriously appear like a superhero Miami wouldn't be any fun at all. So last night's random appearance in front of Ryan and that dude didn't surprise me at all. I kinda wish Ryan would have tackled the guy though lol.....

6. ThickRimmedGlas

ThickRimmedGlas Hit and Run

If Ryan tackled him that would have made my day :)

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I like all CSI for different reasons and I actualy think Miami is getting better.IMO ,Eric and calleigh relationship has been developed way better then Danny and Lindsay from CSI NY to put an exemple.Horatio is not on every single scene and Ryan is a more sympathetic character.I may become a loyal viewer again.

8. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I think the focus of the episode was E/C (which i love:devil:)....But I wished Alexx would've interacted more with Calleigh when she was unconsious, and Ryan, Natalia! But, I'll take whatever Alexx gives me..I almost cried when I saw her!

9. EmilyBarton

EmilyBarton Hit and Run

That would scare the hell out of me, seeing H there lol, mabye Eric or Mac from NY lol.

Imagine H slowly taking his sunglasses off and saying 'Ma'am.........your going to be alright, just hang in there'' in true H fashion:cool:

I had one a few years ago where I was running and speedle was chasing me with a gun....guessing I was the bad guy:shifty:

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Almost forgot about this. How I could forget a Tripism I don't know...
    Trip: "Yeah? Well I can't wait to hear the magical tale of how your kidney ended up in another man's body." :)

11. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Oh how we all love our Frankie :guffaw:

I also loved what Horatio said to the suspect when he yelled at Ryan for saying that he was breaking his arm.

"You got another one."

12. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Yep. That made me LOL!
    Also, I don't know what herorin looks like but the bag that Ryan pulled out of the dealers bag looked like a bag of mini marshmellows to me. Hot chocolate anyone? :p

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

That's exactly how I felt about it. Now I'm not one to bash an actor's performance, and I'm a huge Caruso fan, but I really do think that it was the acting rather than the writing that ruined this scene for me. I didn't feel Horatio's worry at all. I felt like he was just annoyed at having to be there. Unfortunately, that's sort of how I've felt about Horatio for most of the past two seasons. I really miss the good old days. :(

That being said, I thought the acting in the last scene was great. Him and Alexx were cute together, although the wording in that scene was weird for me. It was cute that Horatio asked about Bryan, for which I give a nod to TPTB for continuity. But then Alexx asks how Horatio how he is and he says "We're fine." Whom? The team? Him and Kyle? Just him only now he's got multiple personality disorder? That line really bothered me. But overall that scene was really cute.

Oh and I also thought that Alexx saying Horatio would "belong" at a family dinner was perfect. If there's anything that Horatio really struggles with, it's his lack of family and how that effects him. And Alexx is the type of person who would notice that and say something. Perfecto.

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Did anyone notice Calleigh's eyes twitched everytime the camera was on her unconcious body? Like the same scene played over and over. But anyways it was good overall:

~Cal and Ryan scenes were just funny and awesome!
    ~So were hers and Eric's
    ~Yay! Alexx!
    ~I hated the suspect (assitant for Dr. Phelps) He didn't give an f about Calleigh in that interrogation!
    ~Everytime I watched the scene where she can't breathe I get a different feeling: 1st I was shocked, then I was sad, then I found it funny when she couldn't say 'basket ball':lol:. That's still my second fav scene from the episode when she falls into Eric's arms.
    ~I felt that Natalia was underused and Tara wasn't to be used more than her.
    ~Yay! Ryan got screen time... calling H to tell him everything he found!
    ~The second to last part of the episode where Cal wakes up, I think they should have shown Alexx helping to sooth her while they took out the tube! But it was good, some great EC. I loved when he joked 'no' and then said he'll stay with her.

I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5, but then on itunes I rate it 5! It was an okay episode, but I think could've done a bit better, especially with the guy that torched the place, Ryan should've killed him!

15. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I'm starting to feel that Horatio doesn't care that much anymore about his team. He was more concerned for Calleigh when she went into the canal. The interaction isn't there anymore. I miss the good old days when everyone seemed close.