Episode 7x14 - 'Smoke Gets In Your CSIs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 30, 2009.

1. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Eep. Amazing episode.

-I was sooo glad to see Ryan and Calleigh's scenes, it really took it back to how they were in the 3rd and 4th season and I'm glad, I've really missed that! "You realize you drive like a mad woman, right?" <3 loved every second of it.
    -Emily's performance was amazing as always.
    -I have to admit it was bad form, on the writers part, that only Eric actually visited Calleigh. I mean, Horatio was in the hospital, outside her room, he should have gone in. And Ryan, he was there for Eric, you would think he could have visited too.
    -Alexx and Horatio at the end were just adorable! I really miss our M.E.!

Overall, I loved the episode and can't wait for next weeks! xD

2. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

hey guys..i'm new to this site but i've been watching csi:miami for around 3 years now and i hope get to meet new people around here :lol:

the episode was AMAAAZING!! :cool: Calleigh and Eric are just so cute together!!! finally!! maybe next week, they'll be like together already weee :scream:

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Honestly, I think Ryan's comment about Calleigh's driving was hysterical. Emily once drove in the Toyota celebrity race, which is sponsored and run by NASCAR. If I remember right, she came in 6th out of the ceebrities, but only after driving crazy and pushing George Lucas out of the way.

4. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Hm...I wonder if that weird cut Ryan got will come back to haunt him. The guy was having problems after his surgery, maybe it was an infection or something. I know a staple fell out, but I don't think he would feel like he was dying over that.

Oh goodness.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This episode was absoloutely amazing!!! The best so far :)

-Loved the beginning with the driving comment and Ryan asking Cal about her and Eric, totally out of left field. "give it a rest" :lol:

-I thought they progressed the inhalation thing really well. You could see Calleigh did not look well when she went to the morgue and then of course in the interrogation she looked even worse. She did an amazing job with the scene. Eric's reaction was very well done also. First concerned, then shocked, then desperation. The way she just collpased into him and went down was really intense. Plus I loved how he took her hair out of her face.

-Alexx......Alexx how I miss you so :(! I didn't realized how much until I saw her again. She fit right back in like she had never left. Her scenes with Eric made me smile, especially when she said "I smell a favor coming" (or something like that). Loved that scene.

-Eric having to improvise to get fingerprints was a really nice touch.

-Can I say I actually enjoyed Horation in this episode? When the suspect complained that Ryan was going to break his arm and Horatio said "you have another one" I laughed so hard :lol:. Favorite Horatio quote.

-Loved the last scene with H and Alexx it was so sweet. I think that when he answered "we" he was refering to the team. The hug was really, really sweet :).

-Loved the watch thing, and of course the last Eric and Calleigh scene. Eric's concern was palpable throughout the whole episode. I liked that it was not overdramatic and loud but that Eric was more scared and shocked than anything else. "Will you stay with me?" awwwww:adore:. Plus I loved that he teased her by saying no and made her laugh. I can go on and on with this scene but that goes over at the EC thread :).

Loved everything about this episode. A++ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I gotta agree, this was a wonderful episode. The only things I would have liked to have seen was Alexx coming in to see Calleigh after she woke up and maybe Horatio coming in to see Calleigh. Other than that I have no complaints about ANYTHING.

I can't believe Ryan didn't go all OCD over getting stuck with the surgical staple. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt him later this season with some weird disease or infection.

The ending was perfect, but my comments on that are reserved for the Eric/Calleigh thread.

I give this episode :thumbsup::thumbsup:!

:p

7. ThickRimmedGlas

ThickRimmedGlas Hit and Run

The man probably was having an infection of some kind. Humans can survive without one kidney, but the doctor that operated on him was a litttleeee :eek: so no doubt he was malpracticing. Not to mention the place he was conducting surgeries in was covered in different peoples blood.
    AH! Ryan get tested, NOW!!!
    If it came back to haunt him that would be cool, because it's such a small little incident.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I agree it would be an interesting storyline. It's such a small detail and yet it could come back to haunt him. The writers have been great on continuity this season, so hey it could happen.

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Hmm don't you find it a little bit ridiculous Ryan wasn't concerned for Calleigh? Same thing for Natalia?.
    They could have made them say "gosh, I hope she'll get through this", it's not that much, IMO.
    I wasn't expecting them to visit Calleigh 'cause I know this show, but gosh it was a little bit pathetic they didn't ask about her conditions, especially Ryan since he was there in the fire :rolleyes:

Ryan's comment on Calleigh's drving style was just too hilarious considering also Emily's reputation with cars after Toyota Pro Celebrity Race :lol:.
    Gotta love their bonding and how they can be so playful (loved also here throwing the car keys to Ryan).
    I do love them together as friends and I loved Ryan's comments about her and Delko :lol:.

The fire scene was just intense and I loved how Calleigh scremed "he's the only evidnce we have". I was like "well you also have just one lung left, right now my dear :lol:"

As for her inhalation, I just love how it was played out, that was freaking intense and realistic.
    Loved concerned Tara, loved Calleigh drinking. I was really concerned about her peeing on the floor LOL

The scene with the suspect was hilarious and intense at the same time. Kudos to Emily when she started coughing. As for the gum, I just loved it, though I felt she should have chocked because of it, guess she ate it :lol:.
    OMG can I say that I love the suspect?
    -"what is this? good cop and crazy cop" right when she was suffocating :guffaw:
    -"I haven't touched her".
    I just love this guy!
    Emily was just brilliant especially when she told "I can't breathe". I really felt I wasn't brething, along with her in that moment :eek:

The ER scenes:
    -Loved Alexx running towards the gurney.
    -"stay with me Calleigh".Oh gosh, I miss their moments :(
    -how is it possible that Eric could stay with her in that moment?
    -how is it possible that nobody told him to get out of ther?
    -Alexx Woods is the best M.D. of the world. I just loved how she managed to focus on Calleigh's condition despite the situation.
    -Alexx's team is the best. I loved how they cooperated.
    -"please be careful with her". Can I say that I loved the nurse who pushed him away in that moment? LOL
    I mean gosh, they're trying to save her life with dr. Alexx Woods and you ask them to be careful? :wtf:
    -when the nurse ran the arterial blood gas, I just loved how Eric looked frightened because of the syrigne. IDK, I thought he was gonna pass out in a moment. Loved also the nurse answering to his pretty silly question.
    -"it's difficul to ventilate her", my heart started to ache.
    -"she's crashing doctor" :eek:. In that moment I had a heart attack.
    -"what? you wanna sedate her?" and Alexx explaining him that she told Nitric Oxide :lol:. Sorry but I giggled at both of them.

Then everything was so slow and intense, both Alexx caressing Calleigh while telling "baby stay with me" and Horatio waiting for Alexx's news.

Eric was sweet and I loved it, but gosh I still can't believe it was just him and anyone else :rolleyes:.
    Gotta say that I loved the watch scene, though I find it diffiult to read the time on it :lol:

Loved also the scene with they guy who shot at Ryan and Calleigh in that attic. Gosh I loved the dog trying to bite the guy and not Ryan.
    "you've got another one". This was great!

Loved also Alexx and Delko investigating in the hospital especially Alexx's comment towards the pharmacist and "I smell a favor coming".
    Gosh I really hope she'll come back at leat for another episode.

Don't you think Ryan will have heatlh problem because of his cut with the staple? Gosh he sucked his hand, too. And I thought he was OCD.

When Calleigh waked up, I really thought she was going to vomit! Gosh it must be horrible to wake up alone with a tube down your throat!

The ending with Alexx and H was just lovely. I loved her telling Calleigh was going to be fine and I loved him opening up a little bit with her.
    I do wish he went to her house that night :p

Still, maybe, I would have preferred another type of ending, possibely with everyone from the lab visiting Calleigh and all together (Alexx included) having a nice chat :)

ps: what was that monitor in Calleigh's hospital room with some lungs rotating on their own? Were they supposed to show Calleigh's lungs? :cardie::lol:

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I haven't read through all these posts, only the last 2, but I also wondered about Ryan's "cut" knowing that there was blood on the staple. I hope they don't play another "is he HIV?" like they did Stella on NY.

Anyway, I wasn't at all thrilled by this episode. It was poorly written in my opinion. Most of it was due to the lack of team vibes & interaction.
    I have a hard time taking it seriously when TPTB didn't write it out to be serious. Here Calleigh was "near death" yet not one member of the team (other than Eric) asks how she's doing, sees her at the hospital or even mentions her at all. We didn't even get a "hold on baby, ok" from Alexx.
    I didn't like that. I was surprised to say the least that they even had the team just going about working the case as if she wasn't even laying there in the hospital.

Here's Alexx working the ER & instead of checking the progress of her patient she's there helping Delko gather supplies so he can get prints off a box that just so happens to be connected to the case. And they're smiling.... :wtf:

Ryan goes off on the suspect saying "you tried to cook me this morning" (something like that). Uhhh, shouldn't it be "hey jerk my co-worker's in the hospital fighting because of you"!!! I don't blame Ryan at all, mind you - I blame TPTB for writing this out in such a sloppy way.
    There seemed to be far too much smiling & teasing for me to even take this as a serious & emotional episode.
    We heard more responses from the team & saw more emotion when Eric "died" AND when Horatio "died". This epi fell flat. Huuge thumbs down - graded D.
    I would rate it an 'F' if it weren't for the very beginning with the fire (which was exciting), & the ending scene with H & Alexx (sweet moment). Everything else in between was ridiculous - by the end I was just laughing & wondering what happened to Calleigh's gum.

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I knew there was something that made me LOL. But I just couldn't remember it. That was funny. :p

12. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

THANK YOU!! I was begining to feel like an odd duck because I was less than impressed with this Epi...maybe because of all the hype my expectations were just to high... but wasn't one of the comments on the spoiler video about bringing the "team" back together??? I sure never saw any evidence of that...

There were several scenes that were excellent of course... the attic scene, Cal's collapse.. the watch .. the ending both with H & Alexx & Calliegh & Eric.. overall I'd probably give it a C...

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I liked this episode, but that's true I'd love to see the whole team visiting Calleigh in hospital. She was seriously sick and none but Eric showed up, I think it's weird and unreal. :confused:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It would have been nice for all of them to be there. Horatio was also there, though. He really seemed worried, too.

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I would have liked to see Horatio come in and check on her while she was unconcious. You know, brush a knuckle over her cheek and tell her to hang in there and they'll get the guy that did it and stuff like that. I did find the apparent lack of concern from Tripp, Natalia and Ryan, especially Ryan, to be very much out of character for the team. Even when Ryan called Eric he could have asked after her. Everybody was freaking out about Eric when he was shot, but with Calleigh it was more like, eh, she'll be fine. She's always fine. Maybe it's because she's always prresented herself as strong and sure that it never occurred to anyone that she could be anything other than fine. Ooooo, someone needs to write a fanfic addressing this.