Episode 7x14 - 'Smoke Gets In Your CSIs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 30, 2009.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Good Episode.
    Beginning with Ryan was cute. Loved how he teased her about Delko. I also loved Ryan's hair in the beginning.

Breathing/Coughing drama played out nicely. Nice progression.

Liked seeing ALexx again. She was very understanding and helpful. She just fit right back into her old role nicely.

Ewwwww. Ryan cut his hand on a staple from the guys abdomen and then put it in his mouth. Me thinks he needs to go get an HIV test....stat.

Ending...very sweet. My cynical heart is beginning to thaw.

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Best episode this season, by far!! I was wigging out the whole time!!!

Might even be the best episode ever, IMO.

I loved the banter between Ryan and Calleigh in the beginning. It was also cute how he randomly brought up her and Delko! Whoever wrote this episode did a great job, it was nice to see more of a relationship between them besides just a couple of people who happen to work together.

I was FREAKING OUT during the fire scene. Well, truthfully I was frozen in place, but my brain was freaking.

It sounds terrible, but when she got the gum I giggled because of that ET interview.

Oh my goodness, the hospital scene was INTENSE!!!!!!!!

Ryan running to catch that guy was hilarious...you could tell they sped up the footage for some reason...it just looked funny.

I thought the watch thing was really weird at first, but I liked it once he told her about it in the end. I really thought he was going to kiss her too, but that didn't happen. But hey, I'm satisfied with what did happen.

Now that that all happened, I really don't want anything else to happen to Calleigh! That was almost too much!

I'm surprised Ryan had so much screen time. :) That white t-shirt was niiiiiice. And at least he wasn't wearing a jacket after he changed.

ALEXX! COME BACK PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!! that's all I have to say about that.

Aw...poor Nat isn't getting enough screen time. :(

Man, I'm almost hoping next week is kinda boring, I'm worn out after this! I honestly wouldn't mind a week off, but they had to time it like this...sigh...

Anyway, best epi EVER.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Eh, it was a good episode though I found some of it hard to follow. I kept missing which victim was which and what the CSIs were doing at times but that was probably because there was constant chattering in the background by my family. :p

I'll put the rest of this in a spoiler code as I don't think it has aired all the way across the US yet so I'll be extra safe as I'm not sure what I'll ruin at this point. :lol:

I laughed so hard when Horatio cut off the criminal as he was running. *whispers* How did he get there so fast? :p Well, he is HoCaine afterall.

Also, I might verge on being a little bit nitpicky here but wouldn't Calleigh have gone into a hyperbaric chamber to force the oxygen into her blood? I'm not a doctor nor am I in any kind of medical field but I've heard that to be pretty common with smoke inhalation issues. And I'm assuming she wouldn't be in tip-top shape all in one day (as evidenced by Eric's unchanging attire throughout the course of the episode) but of course, her waking up doesn't necessarily mean she was better so I'll leave it alone. :p [/nitpick]

It was nice to see Alexx again and the scene at the end with Horatio was really sweet. :) Aww.

Also, Eric finding a way to get fingerprint powder was pretty cool. Kind of reminiscent of 'Jackpot' where Grissom had to improvise his processing tools but still unique enough to be interesting.

I kind of wish though that they would be more subtle in the developping sickness/problems physically with a CSI aspect. Couldn't we have just seen Calleigh start to cough or have a tickle in her throat without the scene breaking for Tara to ask if she's okay? It was obvious she wasn't when the water came into play, but why make it even more obvious that something was about to happen? Me nitpicking again but I like subtley in television and this show likes to place a big red target on stuff they want to point out.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a more competant review tomorrow but these are my initial thoughts. :p

4. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Holy toledo! I haven't read all the reviews yet because I'm just starting to watch in my timezone, but does anyone else think that with the new hairstyle this week they're starting to turn Ryan into retro-Jake?!

5. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I loved the beggining as well. They don't do a lot of light funny stuff like that.

The coughing was good not too fake or anything.

I loved seeing Alexx, she is kinda of the mom of CSI:Miami

loved the ending! It was my favorite part.

6. Megan930

Megan930 Rookie

I loved this episode! The beginning when Ryan told Calleigh she drove like a mad woman was cute, I love when they're together. Of course the scenes with E/C were great. I was still hoping at the end for Eric to kiss her but it was wishful thinking. The only thing that disappointed me was that Eric was the only one who visited her in the hospital. Would it have killed Horatio to see her for a minute. All in all this is my favorite ep so far.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan's hair is different each season,no he's not retro Jake.I like how his hair looks,it looks good on him.

I've always loved the interaction between Calleigh and Ryan .
    It would have been nice if the rest of the team had a least an opportunity to visit Calleigh in the hospital as well as see Alexx,but I still enjoyed the episode.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I loved the episode. I was screaming at the TV the whole time. My daughter was not happy with me.

~I loved Ryan's comment to Calleigh about her driving like a mad woman.
    ~Ryan asking what's going on between Calleigh and Delko...that was just great.
    ~Alexx, how I've missed you. She didn't have to say it but she knows that Eric and Calleigh love each other.
    ~Eric...need I say more, I love you.
    ~Eric and Calleigh at the end, she wakes up and he is there....I wanna wake up like that. Will you stay with me...well duh!

9. ThickRimmedGlas

ThickRimmedGlas Hit and Run

YES! The mad woman driving. Gotta love it!

10. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Well, of course. Who doesn't love mad woman driver Calleigh??:p

I think any woman would want to wake up like that.:drool:

Love the ending. I hope we get more E/C stuff next week.

This was the BEST episode EVER (till a better one comes;))

11. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Oh my god, I know I'm a crazy driver, but Ryan's comment was just hilarious. She was driving rather crazy though.

12. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

That episode is Tinder Box, 1.22, if you were wondering.

Tonight's episode was absolutely AMAZING. I loved it. Emily gave a great performance, as always. Seeing Khandi again was great. Though I've grown to like Tara, I miss Alexx immensely.

The beginning scene with Ryan and Calleigh was cute. I love Ryan's comment about Calleigh's driving. I loved the hospital scene with Eric and Calleigh. :adore: Eric giving Calleigh the watch made me go awww. It was too cute.

I'm going to re-watch this eppy tomorrow after class.

13. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed this episode, I agree with pretty much what everyone has said. The whole Ryan/Calleigh, great to see some light humour thrown in, I think they need to do that more often like the earlier seasons. Yeah, that was gross with Ryan and the cut he got, right away I was like "Ryan, why aren't you freaking out, get tested/shots asap!".

Calleigh's choking scene was well done. For a moment, I thought she was going to starting choking on the gum instead, I was like "Eric, pull the gum out, you know First Aid, clear the airway!". Don't compound the situation! LOL at the "Good Cop, Crazy Cop" routine the suspect thought that was going on.

The foot chase scene with Ryan and the suspect, none of them seemed too out of breath when Ryan fianlly caught up with him. What after that mad sprint, no heavy panting? And I could have sworn I saw the suspect's breath on screen when they were questioning him. I guess they shot it just after sunrise when it's chilly?

I fingered the realtor (I think that was his role?) immediately as the killer the first scene he was in. He just had that guilty look on his face, guess he was in a lot of pain. I didn't feel sorry for him in the end knowing that he was in trouble with the kidney operation that went wrong.

Welcome back Alexx, please come again soon and often, i really miss her! For some reason, I found Dr. Price not as annoying in this episode. She seem to go about doing her "stuff".

Love all the Eric/Calleigh scenes, the ending with them was sweet, especially when she asked him to stay with her!

14. Kassan

Kassan Victim

awesome!
    I just have no words.
    I loved it!

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Wouldn't you just know it??? I've been threatening to quit this show since it's 4th season. I finally follow through on my threat and dump it for CSI: NY and what happens??? CSI: NY has a so-so 5th season and CSI: Miami has a rocking 7th season. UGH!!!
    ==========================
    I loved this episode and hated it at the same time. Why did I hate it??? Because it reminded me of just how much I miss Alexx Woods. But other than that, I LOVED this episode. Very good episode. If you had a grade poll for this episode like they have for each episode over in the CSI: NY section, I'd give this episode an A+. The reason I hated it "Because it reminded me of just how much I miss Alexx Woods" didn't deduct enough points to make the grade an A.