CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it would be really awesome if they really beefed up the stalking story, almost like one of those creepy stories where its like your talking to the tv, theres gotta be someone behind that door, don't go in there type things.

i think i' starved for a show or an episode that keeps me on my seat the entire episode...like snow day..i watched it alone in the dark in a new house in an iffy campus town...it was amazing how intense the ep felt...i want that again.....mortal peril, it doesn't even have to be the main characters just a good extra, okay a really good extra.

I would love to see the show feature a long-term story arc that spanned more than three episodes, but I don't think the writers have the talent or creative tenacity to pull it off. They're so interested in getting to the end so they can scream, "Tada! GOTCHA!!" that they take numerous, ill-advised shortcuts to get there and end up undermining what could've been fabulous. Shane Casey had enormous potential as a season-long villain. He could've been a seasons-long villain, the great white whale that wasn't snared until the series finale, yet they chose to terminate the arc after three episodes. And if I remember my spoilers correctly, he was slated to appear in five episodes.

The Cabbie Killer was another wasted opportunity. So was the Second Life Assassin. Watching CSI:NY is like watching a G-rated representation of premature ejaculation.

What they don't undercut, they ignore. Louie. Mac's conflict with Gerrard and the NYPD brass, which could've been a great source of long-running tension. Stella's history of civilian complaints. The effect of city-wide budget cuts, which were only introduced this season, for God's sake. Adam's precarious job security. Hawkes' need to take extra shifts to make ends meet. The list goes on and on.

What CSI:NY showcases are the end results of a generation of writers weaned and groomed on the ridiculous idea that everyone has talent in the field of their choice, and that nobody ever has a bad idea. Welcome to the illustrious world of No Idiot Left Behind. Ain't it grand?

So, while it would be marvelous to see the show sink some effort into a storyline that doesn't involve the horizontal body scissors or endless rounds of eyeball frottage between two pretty people(I used that image just for you, Fay), I'm not holding my breath because I don't need any permanent brain damage.

Just putting thise out there but did anyone see the spoiler for "Communication Breakdown" when Flack is supposedly going to speak Gaelic!!!??? I mean Angell speaking French is a little strange, but emmanuel can speak french, but i mean Gaelic?? WTF??

Just putting this out there

Last edited:
Just putting thise out there but did anyone see the spoiler for "Communication Breakdown" when Flack is supposedly going to speak Gaelic!!!??? I mean Angell speaking French is a little strange, but emmanuel can speak french, but i mean Gaelic?? WTF??

Flack is part Irish. And Gaelic is like Irish.
And I think Angell speaking French would be kinda hot.

You don't need to use spoiler code in the spoiler threads, as everyone who comes in here expects to see spoilers. :)

To be honest, I'm not convinced that Flack would be able to speak Gaelic, even if his family is Irish. Maybe I'm wrong, and lots of Irish Americans can speak it, but I'd be a little surprised. Meh, I'm usually impressed when people can speak more than one language though, so I'm sure I'll think it's pretty hot. :lol: I'm shallow.

To be honest, I'm not convinced that Flack would be able to speak Gaelic, even if his family is Irish. Maybe I'm wrong, and lots of Irish Americans can speak it, but I'd be a little surprised. Meh, I'm usually impressed when people can speak more than one language though, so I'm sure I'll think it's pretty hot. :lol: I'm shallow.

Most Irish people can't speak Irish. All I can say is hello, cheer, a million and put the chair on the desk! So the idea that Flack could speak Irish is a wee bit out there.

Just putting this out there[/quote]

You don't need to use spoiler code in the spoiler threads, as everyone who comes in here expects to see spoilers. :)

Oh okay i just thought i would put it there incase, but i agree with you i mean its not an easy thing to speak, and all i know is Flack only went to highschool, i'm not saying that makes him stupid or anything, i dont know. all i can say is i'm really excited lol

Don't get me wrong, I am very glad that they give Flack something to shine with, given the fact that the writers always made him look stupid (in lack of a better word) in comparison to the CSIs, but I don't know it might just look like out of the blue, because it wasn't a big accent on this side of Flack, on his Irish roots.

Lately I have learned to take the spoilers with a grain of salt.

Most Irish people can't speak Irish. All I can say is hello, cheer, a million and put the chair on the desk! So the idea that Flack could speak Irish is a wee bit out there.

I suspect it's something Eddie asked for, since he seems to be very proud of his Irish heritage and an enthusiastic student of its history and culture. Flack has already mentioned that his mother made a mean corned beef hash, so for all we know, Mama Flack could've taken great pains to pass on as much of her ancestral heritage as she could, including language. Heck, maybe she was a teacher. Or maybe Flack took it upon himself to learn it. We know he's a reader from his quip about books on tape, and he doesn't strike me as stupid in the least.

Farfetched? Oh, yeah, but not impossible, and when it comes to Flack, I'll take any character garnish I can get.

I'm Scottish, but I don't know one single word of Gaelic. I would recognise a few expressions in Irish, just from the tourist tat I've bought over the years.

Flack may only have a high school diploma, but as far as i can see the only place that really shows through is with chemical compounds...which he can spit back, just doesn't know what the hell they are (i'm thinking the crapsicle episode in s.1, and trapped s.2)...on that note, i can definitely see Flack being able to speak it, and if ma was intensely Irish, i can see her almost beating the language into him as a kid. New York is a diverse place even if CSI has barely shown it since s.1.

anyone can do anything to anybody, and from the looks of it anyone can speak anything from anywhere. whats the harm in that? Hell i live in East Central Indiana and can sing happy birthday in 4 launguages, it surprises people. In New york, i'd almost think that would be normal.

I'd be surprised if Flack only had Highschool background, because he doesn't come off as though he served in the military. To be an NYPD officer you have to have at least

60 college credits with a 2.0 G.P.A. from an accredited college or university
OR 2 years of full-time active military service in the United States Armed Forces with an honorable discharge and have a high school diploma or it's equivalent

only reason I know is because I was looking into being one LOL...and I find it interesting Flack knows Gaelic, think it sounds like a reasonable to me then some other stuff they tried to make us believe

I can see Flack knowing phrases like "Are you older than 18?" and "Is your mom around?" I'm only kidding though that would cause a few raised eye brows.

Well, it will be a great episode I hope. I'm excited for all the languages. So I bid adieu (I think that's how you spell it). And to the writers I finally say, merci beaucoup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back