"One To Go" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 10, 2009.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

One of the promos features Greg telling Grissom that he(Gil) changed his(Greg's) life. It looks like they might be in the AV Lab from the promo so it might happen in this Thursday's episode

2. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

There is so much to do in this episode. Grissom has to have his Greg and Nick moment. He really hasn't said goodbye to Catherine. Yes they had a scene, but you would think there would be a more touching moment. I read they filmed a "huggie" scene but WP said to take it out. Don't know who was involved in that.

What amazes me is that they show Grissom changing and going through all these emotions in 8 episodes leading up to 19 Down. Now when he's finally leaving, there is so much to do and I'm afraid it's gonna feel rushed. They have a crime to solve, goodbyes to be made, welcoming Ray into the fold. I just don't want to feel like I can't blink for the whole 61/62 minutes because I might miss something. We've gone from speed reading to speed watching...

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Personally, I think that Grissom should make his last scene going to the cemetery, first to visit Holly's grave and then to visit Warrick's, and then leaving the cemetery and driving off into the distance.

No matter how TPTB decide (or rather have decided) to film his exit, I hope Warrick would be the ex-character with the most prominent place in Grissom's departure. People keep emphasizing Sara's importance/lack of importance in his departure, but I think TPTB have been most consistent in their emphasis on Warrick's death as one of, if not the most key factor.
    The show began with Holly's death and the last most significant event of Grissom's tenure saw Warrick's death. Especially given that the show is so much about death, I think it would give Grissom's tenure a nice symmetry.

Maybe at the end, he even sees another dead body, calls 911 and ignores it. Or maybe he sees an interesting bug. Either way, he recognizes the importance of death in his life, as well as the importance of former team members -- obviously, especially Warrick -- and then says goodbye to death and its overwhelming role in his life.

I must say, I also do wonder at the significance of the Warrick's-son-arc, and whether this will somehow factor in to Griss's final episode.

How else do you guys think they can show the impact of Warrick's death in the episode?

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the idea of his last scene being him visiting the graves of his fallen teammates. I wouldn't mind if the last scene was him at Warrick's grave and Tina walks up carrying baby Eli and lets Grissom hold him. The only baby I ever recall Grissom holding was a dead one (I think that was "Gentle Gentle").

5. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I'm not sure if this promo has been posted yet but it's the one that is aimed specifically for Grissom and his departure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSw4GApvA2w&feature=related

I cried.
    Pathetic?
    Yes.

I really like Hodges scene "The bad guys will win more if we don't have you."
    After watching this I've changed from being excited for the ep to dreading it. I adore Grissom and can't stand to see him leave.
    For his final scene I'm really hoping for a solo scene of him walking out the lab, fade out to black, and then the oh so familiar Executive Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer.

Everything else I would prefer to see throughout the episode. I love the idea of Grissom visiting Warricks grave and Holly's too. It would definitely feel like the story came full circle. I really hope that Grissom gets a final goodbye scene with Catherine.
    As for Sara, if they do go that route, I hope it's not the final scene and I hope they pull it off with class.

Three days.

6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

It's true! No wonder this episode is going over 10 minutes. They have so much to cram into this episode. Introducing ray, mostly everyone having a moment or two with Grissom, figuring out what's going on with the DJK, and Grissom leaving. That's alot to shove into an episode, even an episode that will most likely be 70 minutes with commercials. It's crazy, but most likely necessary for the continuity of the show and what not.

I really like this case. The guy is eerily awesome. I mean, I know he's a murdering psycho-path, but he has something really interesting about him. I wonder who is protege is? I believe it's someone that was int he seminar with Ray and Gil. Maybe one of the guys that they kept cutting to over and over again while he was talking? Just a thought...

Oh, and does anyone understand the significance of the post mortem stab wounds. i understand the number of wounds is significant, as it counts up from one to ten, but why does he do that if they are already dead?

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Good question about the protege, I'm wondering if it was one of those students in the class from 19 Down-not to go off topic-but that classroom scene was so creepy!:eek:

But the guy did say to Grissom, "I don't have any buddies!" Still, he may not have had a 'buddy' but he had helper of sorts. So maybe buddy wasn't the right word, but it wouldn't have mattered because he didn't cough up anything before he went to jail so he wasn't about to say anything in a classroom setting.

About the stab wounds, I was wondering that myself? What was the significance?

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Schedule Conflict!

President Bush is scheduled to deliver his Farewell Address this Thursday during Primetime TV, yes that means CSI could be delayed. The speech is expected to run about 15 minutes. What does that mean for CSI? Probably some last second swearing and scrambling.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

According to the guide on my tv, the episode is only ONE minute longer, not 10. It reades 9:00 -1001. Plus Ausiello said to set your vcrs a few mins ahead.

*Frowns* I hope the damb president (soon to be X) will not screw up my CSI viewing pleasure.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Why on Thursday night's do they always interrupt our programming? Didn't he say some sort of farewell speech today on tv? UGH!

11. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

How annoying.

"Bush will deliver his farewell address -- a tradition dating back to George Washington -- in front of an audience at 8 p.m. ET from the East Room of the White House."

I was planning on watching 19 Down before hand too..

I know more about Bush/Obama then I do about the Canadian elections..

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This could be the reason why the show is running over?? :confused:

Oh and WHY Thursday Mr. Bush???

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

At least he's leaving. :D

Do we know for sure that it will be on all networks? Seems to me that the last few times there have been such things, they were shown only on the news channels.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I heard on one of the Yahoo! news articles it would be on Primetime TV, but CBS hasn't said anything yet.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

From what I read it was a last minute decision and they are trying to get all the networks to show it. From MSNBC news: