Eric and Calleigh #32 - Seven Years In The Making.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Dec 31, 2008.

?

Eric & Calleigh #32 Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 14, 2009.
  1. Girls like Flowers

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Ready to Settle Down

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. Moving Towards Each Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's been brewing for a long time

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Seven years in the making

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  6. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. As Foretold by Nostradamus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 80% Hotness By Volume

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Maybe she wants him to admit it already. They've been playing with this for a while. I know that the promos mess with our heads so I am going to hold on to the fact that they are finally stepping off in the right direction.

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I don't think she's talking about them. She knows exactly how he feels about her after what she saw in his files. So I guess it's rather something about the case.
    Though knowing how sneaky are the writers it can be everything. Maybe they just want to confuse us like always. It's a really good way to get our attention.:)

3. DuquesneDelko

DuquesneDelko Dead on Arrival

Here's the link for the extended promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOyrqb93eVA

OMG! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but this seems like an actual Hiphuggers moment to me! Maybe the 'what do you want' thing could be about the case, but the ' your friendship means a lot to me' can't be twisted around to mean anything different. I wasn't that excited about this episode before but now....*squeels*

EDIT: I seriously cannot stop watching this. I am starting to freak out! I can't wait for Monday!!!:D:D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  4. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Ooooooooooooh. That looks.... ooooooh!

But knowing this show... they're probably talking about something else. Maybe the whole Eric-birth-certificate-citizenship thing. I feel like all the dialogue snippets could still work in that context.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thank you DuquenseDelko for the promo :) !!!!

First things first, promos are misleading, we all know that. Still, the part where he says that her friendship means a lot to him already gives us a nice hiphugger moment. So even if the other parts are all misleading I really think we'll get a nice moment when he tells her that. So as of right now that's the only part of the promo I'm going to get excited about (and even that can be something else given promo history...:rolleyes:) but still I think that it's going to be something good for us.

Welcome CalleighEric :)

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thank you so much! You just made my day. :thumbsup: I've been freaking out about this since I saw it last night.

I know how the promos are but this has to mean something good right, they wouldn't tease us about this. Damnit, Monday is so far away :scream:

7. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Case or not, how awesome would it be if Eric answered Calleigh's "What do you want?" with an "I want you."? Aw. 'Course, that's just very, very wishful thinking on my part, heh. ;)

The "I'm confused" line - I could easily see that being case stuff. It's the "Your friendship means a lot to me" and the "What do you want?" that I'm having a harder time putting into case context. (Then again, as well as I've been following spoilers, I have absolutely no idea what this episode is about other than what we got in the promo, so it may very well fit! :lol:)

When you pause it around 17/18 seconds, is it just me or does Calleigh look like Eric just broke her heart? :( She's kind of got that look of disbelief on her face, and it reminds me of when Calleigh went to Jake in SYG and he tried to lie to her. :(

Ugh. Eric should just kiss her already. The end. :D

Thanks for posting the link, DuquesneDelko!

8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well I have to admit that after watching it I'm just more confused then before:confused:. Maybe they are discussing the case at some point, but the way he's looking at her and she's looking at him can suggest it's something more. It's really hard to say definitely. Especially that I'm not even sure they are looking at each other in all scenes. Maybe they just want us to believe it's that way, but in episode it could be something different.
    I would love to believe they are finally disscussing their relationship, but I don't think it's so simple.
    All I can say now is that I really can't wait to see it on Monday.:)

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree with what you said about seconds 17/18. Her expression is like "what the crap are you telling me?" Maybe she doesn't want to hear how her friendship is important but something else...;)

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I don't think so. There is something of a smile on her face at that moment. And, that particular part, and where she says she is confused happens at 2 different times, 2 different places. You can tell at 17/18 seconds she and Eric are outside, but when she says she's confused, they're inside, no doubt at the lab. And the last part that shows Eric smiling, he's also outside. And he would not be smiling if he was breaking her heart, or giving her a reason for a look of disbelief. Even if he's saying how he feels about her, there would be no need for a look of disbelief, she already knows how he feels.

The whole I'm confused part seems to be part of a case (since they're in the lab), and perhaps they have a disagreement about it, which brings them outside (possibly at the end of the episode) where he tells her that her friendship means a lot to him. Thus the smile on his face, and hers. Hers seems kind of a bashful smile.

Now, at one point Calleigh does say to Eric that she doesn't know what he wants... as someone else already pointed out, she does know what he wants, so that comment likely stems from the case. And since TPTB love to play with us with the previews, they worked this one in a sequence that would make the viewer think E/C were on rocky footing. And, when Calleigh says "what do you want", you don't see her... only Eric...so TPTB may have put that voiceover at that particular point to confuse us... it could be that her question to him occurs at a different time.

One thing I did notice are the "titles" in the promo. One says Killer, the next, Friend (at the E/C stuff) and then Lover (with more E/C). Hmmmm!

11. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I have no idea what to make of the new promo for 7.12. Some the conversation shown between E/C in the promo could be about a case.. but it's unmistakeable that some of it is personal.

The one thing that confuses me the most is when Eric says 'Your friendship means a lot to me'.. I mean shouldn't it be Calleigh saying that to Eric since he's the one who's after her. It just threw me off a little bit, because like you said Jessica237, Calleigh did look kind of hurt around the 17 second time in the promo. And 'Your friendship means a lot to me' just seems like something that would be said if you're going to reject someone.

Like I said though, I'm confused so I could just be taking it all out of context. At least Monday isn't too far away. Then we'll be able to figure out what all this means.:)

12. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

just as everyone else I too am very confused. I decided not to make assumptions because my brain would go in overdrive with what if... It can't mean anything bad because of what's still to come in episode 7.14 or 16 (can't remember exactly). I think a part is indeed personal and the other part is about a case.
    Let's hope it quickly turns monday so we can all be relieved. And let's not forget that promos can be very misleading :)
    Maybe it's Cal that says something about friendship and Eric answers that their friendship is very important. She could say is it worth the risque and Eric says that the friendship is very important but that the way he feels about her is more important or something like that. I'm just guessing because I also think it sounds a bit like a rejection, although he loves her too much for that.

13. argostar

argostar Civilian

Hi i'm new to this board and a big hiphuggers fan!
    just watched the extended promo for 7.12 which looks very interesting!

The text says Friend before the first e/c scene and then between the so confused and the what do you want scene the word Lover appears!

14. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Welcome, argostar! :D

Haha, I was too busy reading into random things to really notice the subtitles! Lovers guys! :D Again, I've been in and out of the spoiler lab very rarely this season, but I'm not sure how much about a guy covered in blood could relate to "friends and lovers." That almost has to be Eric and Calleigh. :D

That's a very good point, one I hadn't thought of. I can actually see it playing out like that, and it would be so in character too. Calleigh being worried about losing this oh-so-strong friendship they've built up in the past 7+ years, and Eric replying with how that does mean a lot to him, but if they were to make that leap together, the bond would only get stronger; something like that. Sappy, yes, but it would explain the smiles. :D

Oh man, the romantic part of me so wants him to admit that he's in love with her here. :lol:

15. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

:) Hey So I just checked out the promo for the millionith time and

So I'm totally excited for Monday heres what I was thinking were totally not goanna get anything and we get those scene. You can interpret those scenes so many ways but I have a feeling that goanna be some of the best scenes they're goanna have. Did you see that Huge! smile Calleigh had before Eric said youre friendship means alot to me I wonder what that smile was for? Maybe they'll get some things out in the open, but not a lot. Were still waiting for ep. 7.14 to play out.

Isn't this the first promo about their relationship?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.