Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

I've always loved how, even though he's not great with communication, when it comes to her it's like he's a natural. It just flows when they're in conversation, no matter what the topic is. "No Words Needed" definately says it better than any other words you could try to come up with and more truthful.

Speaking of sexual innuendos, has there ever been those kinds of lines between anybody else like there has Gil and Catherine? Nobody can play the banter better than these two that's for sure. It seems every scene that I can think of dealing with innuendos belonged to Gil and Cath...then again I could just be letting my mind run through the gutter again.

2. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

About the innuendos...you can probably remember more because they just do it better. And unlike *other* moments, it's not really all that awkward nor does it feel completely and utterly wrong. YES for actual on-screen and off-screen chemistry. It just makes sense.

But of course that might also be because we're purejoy shippers.

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I agree, Marg and Billy do all of those scenes so well, because they are so close and have such chemistry in real life... The banter between them is always a lot of fun to watch, the shows really going to miss out on that... All of the cast work so well together, but no one has quite the relationship that Billy and Marg does IMHO... I'm upset about all the Purejoy scenes we're going to miss out on, and that Billy only has one ep left... *Cries.*

4. GraveyardIntern

I think I'm still in denial. Maybe it hasn't quite sunk in because I know he'll be back soon enough. But what happens when that episode is done? WHAT HAPPENS TO US?!?! :( :(

I guess we'll just have to be reminiscing about the old times and complain about how they were so much better. *sigh*

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

If there were, I don't remember them. That's the thing with Gil and Cath; you can't get those scenes out of your head so easily. And who could forget them? I still remember when Cath said "Do I know how to turn you on or what?" and the bit about Gil enjoying her slapping him. I'm gonna miss them... though do you think we might get something before he leaves?

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I'm with you. I'm sort of lost, it's like what do we now?? Like you said though, we can always talk about the good old days. We've been doing that anyways.....and there's always fan fiction.:)
    I really wished we'd get something, but I don't know.....
    It sounds like he's going to pull the 'When I leave the lab, there's not going to be cake and a party' thing. I was hoping for a hug, but apparently they've cut it out??:( At least that's what I got from that new article.

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

As a girl on BTA pointed out, they said they cut the scene, but they didn't say that it was cut out. I'm not sure if the hug scene is still there, but I definitely hope it is and they just needed to have some cuts to make it better. lol. That's just me anyway. I guess we won't have the answer until the epsode airs. Some of the remaining cast members have talked about being sad on Billy/Gil's last days on the set, though, especially Marg. (Am I allowed to talk about this bit here or what? :lol:) I think it would be great if they filmed an emotional scene and air it because if anything, the emotions the actors were going through would only make it more real. :) If that scene doesn't make it to the episode, though, at least we can hope for it to be included in the DVD special features. :lol:

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

SO sorry I have been gone for so long, ya'll!
    I went on a 10 day DISNEY (*cheers*) vacation over Christmas and when I got home, had to take my laptop in for a format re-install (meaning everything got wiped out to rid it of a virus) and just got it back last night...

Thanks for the *spoilers* ya'll ;) I agree with both of them.
    I'll do my best to catch up ASAP :)

PUREJOY :)

9. GraveyardIntern

Just want to wish ERICA a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!!!

And also want to turn everyone's attention to the newest Entertainment Weekly article online.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20250671_6,00.html

I was wondering if we would ever get a picture of that hug that Marg spoke about and....WE DID ! HURRAH. So sweet. Almost made me cry. *almost*

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I uploaded the photo of the hug to my photobucket. Here's the thumbnail:

[​IMG]

Also made an icon sized version of that pic, but I'll post that in the icon thread. :)

I really hope we get to see a hug between Cath and Gil. :) The last time we saw one was when he had ear surgery.

I'm hoping there will be a going away party for him. Or at least maybe a private one between him and Cath. :D

Oh and, Happy Birthday, Erica! :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  11. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Ok, first of all, THANK GOD we at least got a picture if we don't get nothing else! That is just so sweet.:luvlove: Awww...if that doesn't tug at your heart nothing will.:( Such a beautiful thing.:adore:

Happy Birthday, Erica!...and I agree with what you said about just having to find out when the episode airs, how much was cut. I mean, would it honestly hurt to leave in a goodbye embrace from Gil and Cath?? Party or not, I wish we'd get a scene with just them, one on one. No matter what they did or said, it would be meaningful.

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Happy birthday Erica! *whips out triple chocolate cupcakes* Help yourselves if you want any.

Me too... I hate to sound repetitive, but I think that's probably the best way that TPTB could send them off. The shippers on the other hand have something else in mind, but we'd take it as long as it's a proper goodbye-- for now, 'cause we all know that he's not staying away for long.

13. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hello again everyone!!!

Erica I hope you had a wonderful birthday :)

And I have to say WOW at the picture. It is absolutely adorable. So sweet. :luvlove: :adore: :luvlove:

So do I. It would upsetting if they didn't. Catherine and Gil have such a unique bond. It would be lovely to have one final scene between them that we can cherish... well until the 200th episode :devil: :). As CSIz said it doesn't matter exactly what they do in the scene, it would still be special.

I hope they do not cut too much out of the episode. Especially the Gil and Cath scenes. I had myself all excited to see the embrace, and now there might not be. I'll still pray for a sweet scene between them though.

BTW could any of you please tell me the episode where Eddie makes a remark about Gil being Catherine's boyfriend? Thank you!

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. That was so sweet, and I indeed had a good day. :)

I heart that pic. There's just no words needed. And I truly hope that it's not just a Marg/Billy pic off the camera, but a Cath/Gil pic on the screen as well (although I know I could be hoping for too much. lol). Some people say that they'd rather see Gil leave on his own as he had told Warrick that when he left, there would be no cake. While I do agree that leaving alone without people around him sounds just in-character for Gil, I also think if he shall ever get emotional, this is the time. I really wouldn't mind seeing an emotional scene as long as it's done tastefully and not too dramatic. And I just know that being one of the constant things in his life for 20+ years, Catherine deserves some emotional moments. :)

MissMurder, that was 1x07 Blood Drops. Catherine was late getting Lindsey and went home to find out that Eddie and Linds were already there. She then got a call from Gil asking her to get back to work when Eddie was trying to sweet-talk her.

15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Leaving alone would definately be typical Grissom and I guess that's why people want to see it that way, but even though he's not a people person, the guy still has a heart. He is entitled to get a little emotional every now and then, as we've seen with Nick's kidnapping, Warrick's death, etc. I wouldn't expect him to get very emotional with everybody because he doesn't share the same relationship with everyone. Each person, I'm sure, means something to him in their own way. But, if he's going to show much emotion, it should be with Cath. Granted, most of the emotional state would probably be on her side, but him seeing her like that should pull a few strings in him. The reality of just what he's doing would kick in and he'd realize that through her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.