Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

*crosses fingers* I'm hoping too... they deserve a proper goodbye scene. I mean, it's Gil and Cath! It's heartbreaking for them to be separated at this point, but that doesn't mean that anything is ending. Even though Gil's leaving, he's always going to find his way back to Cath.

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Even though Gil is leaving the lab, I don't think he'll go far. He'll probably stay in Vegas so that he and Catherine are close. He wouldn't want to leave her for too long - he always misses her when she's gone ;)

3. Me_n_Marg

Me_n_Marg Hit and Run

Pure Joy'ers

My take on Gil's leaving is this and I am probably totally wrong.

I think he is leaving because of Sara but he is NOT going to pursue her.

I believe their relationship showed him that there is much more to life than work and then more work.

He needs to get away from work to figure out what else he wants to do. Cath maybe?

My two cents

MnM

4. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I think Gil may remain in Vegas, however not as close to the lab. Outskirts maybe?

Of course he will stay in contact with Catherine, as I said before, he wouldn't remain friends...sorry correction...best friends with Cath for 20+ years to say "See you later, nice to know you!" Even the sometimes socially inept Gil Grissom is better than that. He cares deeply about her and as seen in quite a few episodes he cares about her feelings, he tries his hardest not to hurt her.

And obviously, leaving without a goodbye would definitely hurt her.

He wouldn't do that. And as stated previously by karu_mila just because he is leaving at the minute doesn't mean this is goodbye forever, he will return. And then we have a lovely little reunion scene to keep our overactive minds reeling :devil:

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I agree with what all you guys have said, I doubt Gil will be too far from Vegas, I mean, just cause he's leaving the crime lab doesn't mean he's leaving altogther... Like you said Anne, we know he misses her when she's gone :adore: so I doubt he'd go too far away from her... I hope that eve after he's gone that we get some references to him from Catherine, I'd love to hear her say that she had been talking to him or something... Cause like we've said before, they aren't just going to forget it's other, after having been friends of 20+ years...

MnM, I hope you're right, I think it would be nice for Gil to realise that there is something more to life than work, and for him to have something other than work which he wants to do...

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Well said, I don't know how everyone else feels about it, but I never thought for one second that it was the end for them. It is sad that he's leaving and we won't see them together for awhile, but it's not permanent. As far as where he's going, I don't know. I think no matter where he goes he'll stay in touch with Catherine. It would be sweet to hear her tell someone she heard from him or see her reading a letter he wrote to her....and remember, he doesn't just miss her when one or the other is away, he misses her tush.:D

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, maybe... he's not gonna stay too far away from Cath. *thinks it over* Though it may take a while to move in. Oh well, he could always stay with her instead. They both could use the company...

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Well. He's leaving. He's not dead. And he'll be back. Enough said. ;) I agree that he's leaving because he has realized that there's more to life than work, and that's actually a good thing. Catherine saw that way before he did...in season two's Burden of Proof, she already told him to get his head out of the microscope. SHE KNEW BEFORE HE KNEW. Oh my, is that some kind of continuity? :lol: Anyway, just because Gil is leaving, doesn't mean he doesn't love his job anymore. It's just he needs a change and to see things he's never experienced before. I think he'll stay in touch because he really can't abandon the work completely. After all, it's something he's loved ever since he was a kid. And of course, he always finds his way back to Catherine. :)

On another note, Jac, one of the admins at Graveyard Shift Home (you may know her as the fanfic author csiangel), organized a 2009 PureJoy Calendar. Several fan artists contributed to the beautiful work. You can view the individual art works in Jac's gallery here, or download them in a zip file by going here.

Have a Happy New Year everyone. :)

9. Stepherweps

I totally agree with you Erica, just cause he is leaving the lab doesn't mean he will never be seen or heard of ever again... Hehe, and that's the kind of continuity I like as well. ;) Even though I haven't seen that ep... :lol: Oh and of course he'll find his way back to Cath, she's his best friend, there is no way a relationship like theirs will deminish just because he's leaving the lab, they'll continue to be best friends, unfortunately, we're not going to see it... But I really hope that we hear all about it... :adore:

Thanks so much for posting the calendar Erica, downloaded it, they all look great, I'll definitely be using it. :D Happy New Year to you all. *Big hugs*

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

'Cause it'd be good time for him to figure things out... the poor guy needs a break and this would give him what he needs to do. That includes figuring out where he stands with Cath in terms of how he defines their relationship, which would be difficult 'cause it's not easily pinned down.

11. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

I completely agree with what everyone has said here. Gil is only leaving CSI, he will be seen again and will always be in contact with Cath. She is the one he confides in most of the time, therefore he isn't going to cut off his connection with her. Cath is his rock, the constant in his life.

I also believe he needs a well deserved break. He has always put his back into his work, never leaving time for himself much and letting his friends have it. It about time he rests from his work, not permanently but some rest is needed.

He will always be led to Cath, that's a no brainer :lol: :adore:

Erica I love the calender images, beautiful. Thanks for sharing my dear :bolian: I'll be sure to download them ;)

12. Stepherweps

I agree Karen, I think he needs to take some time out, to sort things out in his life outside of the work situation. Like it's been said, he's come to realise there is more to life than work, and now he's taking a break from work to sort out the things that matter most to him, thankfully this doesn't mean that we'll never see him again, it's been left open so that he can have as much input and come back whenever he wants, and like you said, he'll always be led back to Cath. :adore:

Happy New Year guys, I hope 2009 will be great for you all. *Hugs*

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I agree...I think he feels he needs to sort things out and in order to do that he needs to step away. I really like the way Catherine is handling all of this. She's being very supportive and that says a lot. She could have easily been defensive and questioned his motives, but didn't. She trusts him and his decisions enough to believe in him. He needs to do this, she realizes that, and she won't stand in his way. That really takes a true friend to stand back and handle this the way she's handling it. I hope after all this, Gil realizes just how valuable having someone like Cath in his life really is. I think maybe in a way this will bring them closer.

Happy New Year everybody!!:hugegrin:

14. Stepherweps

I agree with you 4_H, it just shows how great friend Catherine is to him, because she's not trying to stop him, she knows this is what he needs and isn't trying to stand in his way. I hope that you're right about this bringing them closer... I can definitely see how it could, I think that it'll take this to make him realise what his true feelings about things are, hehe we never know, he could even realise his feelings for Cath... :adore: Oh, I wish... :adore:

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Happy New Year everyone! By the way Steph, I love your new avatar! I especially love the phone number... I think Cath already has it on speed dial.

Maybe that's what he meant by upping the ante... there's already fic about that over at fanfiction.net so I think it's definitely plausible. *crosses fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.