Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

The pic of Marg & Billy hugging says it all....on SO many levels....
    I think even though Grissom basically said when he goes, he just wants to leave quietly, no parties or anything; he will take a special minute for Cath to say goodbye. Their bond is beyond special and I think he can't leave without pausing, even if it's just as he sets his foot outside the lab, to say goodbye to Cath.

*runs for the tissues* pardon me, I'm going to my crying corner now.

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hey Guys, thanks for posting the pic GNRFan, Shane sent it to me, and I was literally squeeling when I seen it... :adore: Hehe, it's so cute, like Erica said, I really hope that we get an onscreen hug... We deserve that... Well, to do justice to Gil and Cath's characters/friendship, they deserve it too... I really hope they have a great final scene together... :adore: I can't quite believe that Billy only has one ep left... That's so sad. :( Hope it'll be a great Purejoy one. :adore:

Happy *belated* birthday Erica. Hope it was great one. :D *Hugs*

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I might be needing some of those... *takes one and blows her nose* I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through this.

No doubt about that. Gil just seems more open with Cath than anyone else so he probably would have one final moment with her before leaving by himself. It would be more authentic to his personality and we get what we want...

4. Criminologist86

I'm with ya there :) (When I am ever NOT with PureJoy people? ;p)

I just read my last post and I'm sooo repeating myself...sorry ya'll, I'm way out of practise in morphing my mind from focusing on one thing to going into PureJoy mode...My thoughts are coming a little slower at this point.

Anyway, I guess we'll be reminiscing a lot now, huh? I mean, no more PureJoy moments (except maybe in WP's guest appearances...that's a sick sentence) to look forward to or plot for now...

5. EEK!!!

EEK!!! Hit and Run

I can't believe this will be Gil's last episode :( At least I still have my csi seasons!
    And i am going to watch it without him, and really hope it won't cause the whole series fall apart. The hug was adorable in that magazine, but also made me feel pretty down. There is a video up at the csi website with william petersen talking about the last days and said while filming one scene marg started crying.
    Maybe we will get a scene or to after he leaves though. Like the team talking about him and cath mentions she has talked to him or something

6. Stepherweps

Ambie, I agree with you, it's sad to think that all we're going to have to look forward to is cute little mentions of Gil from Cath, and scenes when Billy comes back as a guest... I really hope he comes back often. I'm going to miss him sooo much. :( But I hope we get a hug in his last ep... Like the one in my icon. :adore: I mean it's not much to ask... If it gets cut, I'll be so upset... We need an awesome scene between them in his last ep...

7. Criminologist86

AdorableCrazy: I LOVE your icon and I LOVE your siggi :)

The more I think about the fact that there really won't be many PureJoy moments (aside from flashbacks or guest appearances, like you said) to look forward to, the more upset I get about Billy leaving :(
    It was hard enough to think that the King is leaving us, but add a stab to PureJoy on top of that and you have misery.

8. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Agreed...you know, I think the fact that we won't get to see Gil and Cath together is more upsetting to me than the fact that he's leaving in general. There for awhile, we weren't getting much of them together, but at least we knew they were in the same place. Now, when we see her without him, she really is without him. Just thinking about not seeing Gil & Cath (Billy & Marg) together really hurts, but to actually see it? *sigh* How do you prepare yourself for that? I don't think you can.:(

BTW, love the hug icons guys.:D I need to join the club and get me one.:lol:

9. Criminologist86

I need to join the club and get one too....Where do I sign up? ;)

I agree, physically seeing them apart, and knowing that they aren't in the same place (I understand what you mean...the comfort of knowing that at least they might run into each other in the lab or whatever is gone) is really hard...but I do know that Cath will be in Gil's thoughts and vise versa, and Billy will be in Marg's thoughts/Marg in Billy's....that eases it a little, but definitley not enough. :( :(

10. Stepherweps

Thanks Ambie, I made them. :D You can find some of my stuff in fanart, feel free to snag any of it. :D Oh and you can call me Steph. :D

I agree with you both, it really hurts that Billy's leaving, but the fact, that it means no more Gil/Cath moments makes it even worse. :( I agree, they'll definitely still be in eachothers hearts and heads, but it's going to be difficult not seeing them together, I mean for the last 8 and a half years, they've been together, and now he's going... :(

11. Criminologist86

Steph: Thanks :) You did a really good job making them...I wish I had all the software and creativity to do it; I'd never get my crim homework done though ;p

I wonder what went through Cath's mind when she realised Gil was going to leave...not just like, leave, but LEAVE leave. There's a difference between walking out the door and coming back in, and walking out the door and not coming back...

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Just thought I'd show off my new icon as well. :D

Hmm I don't know what went through Catherine's mind when she realized that. Probably just like what's going through us right now. We knew that he was going to leave a while back and thought "oh wow. He's really leaving this time," but it didn't really hit us until recently. And now that he'll be gone in less than a week, people are actually starting to realize how hard it is. It may be the same with Catherine. She already knew that he'd leave ("I knew before you knew", le sigh), but either she hadn't gone to the point where it really hits her, or she's been hiding her emotions very well.

I was watching the "Grissom Says Goodbye" video on the CBS website, and Billy said "when we were doing the last scene the other day, Marg started crying." I believe it wasn't just Marg that felt sad, and that's why I think an emotional scene wouldn't be so bad. Like I said before, the real emotions the actors were having would only make it more real, and more moving. :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There's all this talk about something interesting happening at the end of the episode, yet no one knows what it is. Of course some are speculating many different scenarios. What if by some miracle, the end of the episode shows him with Cath (and maybe Lindsey as well). maybe he'll go over to the house for dinner or something and the three of them will be playing monopoly or more fitting CLUE. :lol: That would be nice.

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'd certainly love that! Although I do agree that it would be a miracle if it actually happened. If it did happen, though, you guys would hear me squee all the way from east Asia. :lol: Good thing is that there are always fanfics where we can have our own ideal endings for Cath and Gil. :)

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

LOL, I could so see Gil playing Clue. "That doesn't make sense."

I would love the ending to include Catherine and Gil, but I have this thing for future episodes, that I want to see Miss Piggy in Catherine's office. I just think it would be fitting for it to be there, and Catherine glance at it every now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.