Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Oh I hope they have an emotional scene. It would fit well, I mean Gil and Cath have been friends for many years and as you've said Erica the true emotions of the cast members would only make the scenes shared more believable.

I won't understand it if they decide to leave out a goodbye scene between the two. I know Grissom's character doesn't shout "emotional" but surely leaving his best friend of 20 + years would bring out a slightly more emotional Grissom? I'd really love a hug scene if nothing else, at least it would show how close they still are.

Oh I would LOVE to see that. Acting like a true happy family; mother, father and daughter spending quality time together :adore:. But yeah, knowing the writers it would be a miracle if it happened.

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Your new icon looks awesome dear, love it. :adore: Anyways, I agree with you, it's probably just hitting her now like it's fitting us... I don't think she'd be able to hide her emotions that well, so I think it's just hitting her, like with us... I still can't quite believe that he only has one more ep... I'm still kinda in shock when I say it... Well, 9 more eps for me, cause the new season only starts here tommorow. :lol: But there's going to be a dampner on it for me from the start, cause I know that he's leaving so soon. :(

I agree with you dear, by seeing the actors real emotions, it's going to make the scene seem more real... Especially Marg and Billy's reactions towards one and other, because I get the impression, that they are the closest members of the cast, so it'll be especially hard for them... :(

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I'm kind of anxious to see the last scene because if anybody's seen the new entertainment weekly, Marg says their last scene is a small thing with a few words, but it's more about the looks than anything. How fitting would that be considering their actions always did speak louder than words. The way they've looked at each other at times could just tear you apart. I'm sure it'll be emotional because I don't think there's any way around it. As we've seen before, I think more than just acting will be seen coming across the screen.

4. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Oh definitely, Billy and Marg's emotions will play out on screen. That's a fact.

I think a scene with only them gazing into each other's eyes would be very fitting for these two characters. They have always been able to read each other through their expressions, it clearly indicates their relationship is a strong one.

I think Gil will be talking with her and then the subject matter will change. Maybe then the emotional side of them both will show?

Whatever the scene involves, I'm sure Gil and Catherine's interactions will tug at your heart strings.

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Aww! I love the icon with Gil and Cath hugging... I'm gonna miss Billy. *grabs tissue and blows nose* I'm sort of dreading the nest episode 'cause we don't want to have to say goodbye. But if we are gonna have to say goodbye, TPTB had better give him a hell of an exit. You know what I'm talking about... that much needed final scene alone with Cath.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That little bit Marg said about her last scene with Billy reminded me of something. If you have seen the promo clips of One to Go, you know that they have shown Gil's good-bye scene with Nick, Hodges and Greg in those clips (and I love the one with Hodges!), but no Catherine. And we basically know nothing about Catherine and Gil's last scene except what Marg said, "a tiny little thing with very few words, but more about the looks than anything", which is quite vague. lol. Do you think they're hiding it from us on purpose? Is it going to be something we'll really like?

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I swear, if G and C end up kissing or doing it or something, you guys will hear the squeal all the way from Australia. :thumbsup:

8. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

*Squeees*

Ya'll seeing this!??! PUREJOY baby :)

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Aww, I'm sure he's going to miss working with everybody one way of the other, but you can't help but think he's going to miss working with a certain redhead more than anything considering they seem closer than anyone else.;)

That's exactly what I'm wondering. We haven't got any details on their last scene aside from Marg's quote and you're right about them not showing anything in the promos. Is it being kept hush, hush for a reason? I bet it's going to be good. Why else would it be so secretive?

10. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, that's definitely a possibility, especially when you consider the part of the promo that shows when Cath said "I knew before you knew"... maybe TPTB did that on purpose. God knows the ratings would skyrocket if it happens.

*is giddy* And I'm pretty sure that you'd hear the shrieks from Canada... *hands out earmuffs* Make that double the shrieks 'cause my cousin is also a PureJoy shipper and she keeps asking me why Gil and Cath aren't together. Smart girl that one...

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm not going to lie here. I know what I'm expecting and it's far from what I'm actually hoping for. But no matter what happens at the end, I just really want a nice, private moment between Catherine and Gil. Maybe something similar to the "I knew before you knew" scene, but a little more emotional. And I definitely won't complain if there's another hug. And I have to admit...that I'm dying to see the "looks". :lol:

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I feel the same way. Lets face it, I don't think we're going to get the ending we all want to see (considering that would probably have to be on pay-per-view when it come right down to it:devil:), but I do think it'll be worth seeing. When it comes right down to it, they've got the "looks" thing going for them. They say so much more with their eyes than any words that could come out of their mouths. I really wish they'd hug more than anything because if they don't, I'd be lying if I said I won't be a little disappointed and I think it'd be a little odd if they don't, but I do think that whatever they do, it'll be emotional. Looks always did equal emotional with them.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Apparently press were invited to visit the CSI set on Monday and had the chance to talk to the show's cast members and producers. Here is an article by the Toronto Sun. The reporter asked Marg about Catherine's reaction on Gil's departure.

Aw. If only TPTB have realized that like we (and Marg) did! Catherine and Gil are such an old married couple! :lol:

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Okay, Marg - you are made of so much awesome I can't even...

With this kind of willingness from both the stars, the fan base and the obvious chemistry, what the hell were tptb thinking about to not go this route?

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Aww, that's cute, going to read the full interview when I get back from the dentist, there was a little bit in the British magazine 'Radio Times' about it, and they had spoke to Marg and she said something like "What Billy and I had on the show was like a marriage, without the sex and arguements... I'm really going to miss him." I'll try and get hold of the magazine and scan it in for you guys...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.