Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As much as I'd love to it be Nick or Greg, my money is on Ray. After-all he is the new star...

2. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

I'm pretty sure aswell that I've heard something is going to happen later on in the season to make the new guy realise he may share the killer DNA thing. I can't remember where I've read it and I' not sure whether it is the exact thing I've said. I just remember hearing something to that affect.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah the new guy has gotta get the angst you know.:rolleyes:

I know the writers are trying to get us to love Ray, but to be honest, they are not going to get me to warm up to him by taking away great story lines from Nick. I would really like him to have a great storyline as he's been sidelined for two seasons due to GSR and Grissom leaving.

It's time for Nick to get another 'very special episode'!

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah, but I, personally, can only handle so much Nick angst. I mean he gets alot of good material and his fair share of screentime. I would like to se it be Greg, but my money is also on Ray. Maybe it will be good to see an emotional side of him.

5. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

I really hope it's Nick that gets emotional. He may get significant screen time but he hasnt had a good storyline in forever. They don't really seem to be doing much with his character. I'm still mad we haven't seen him react much to Warrick's death but maybe it will come.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree with you Mrs.Clause. Nick has been through so much over the years - the poor guy, like Catherine and Brass and Greg, needs a therapist.

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't know if this translates into the opening credits but I got this over on BTA and it's the order they give in the 'Official Season 9 Presskit'. MH and GE both move up 1, PG moves up to 3rd with LF last and DB comes in right after WL.

Here's the list as they said it appeared: (any mispelling are my fault :alienblush:)

Marg Helgenberger
    George Eads
    Paul Guilfoyle
    Eric Szmanda
    Robert David Hall
    Wallace Langham
    David Berman
    Lauren Lee Smith
    Laurence Fishburne

Susan

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I wonder if LF is going to get the "And starring" (I might not be saying that right) like Paul did for all these years?

The only reasno I'm hoping it's Nick because I love watching 'emotional Nick'.

But it could be Ray, maybe they want to show us his more vulnrable side.

Or..or..maybe it's called "Turn, Turn, Turn" because Nick, Greg, Ray, Hodges, Super Dave and Brass are going to don shaggy wigs and start an English rock band and do a remake of the song!!:lol:

Greg and Nick will lead.
    And I've had too much sugar!:guffaw:

9. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I do hope that does reflect the opening credits. Its only fair that Marg and George take the lead spots.

As far as the emotionally involved goes, it could very well be Brass.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  10. cjack_87

cjack_87 Dead on Arrival

havn't been on this site for ages what is happening in season 9 we havn't got the new season in the uk yet

11. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

It's great for Marg and George not to be downplayed by LF in the credits if this is the way it's gonna appear. But I have to say I feel bad for Paul. As I understand it, the first two spots in the credits are the key roles and when you're at the end after the "and" word well it means you're just as important as the first two.

You know not a lot of attention is given Brass and that's too bad because he really is a great character.

12. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

What about an emotional Nick that a new person gets a glimpse at what Nick has gone through.... and gives a different support than he received from Grissom...acting more like a friend and someone who cares than just being a CSI1...I think Ray could be something different to each character...something new and it brings every character into the story...Catherine giving Ray a few details of Nick being buried...Greg a best friend who wants to be there but Nick rejects it afraind to look vulnerable...but Ray comes in and gives what Grissom never gave...support.(Like a father to a son)

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Now that would be a great idea, Nicksfriend. Maybe Langston would be able to give him the support he never seemed to get after the burial.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I would love for that to happen even though Ray is in an entry level position and is Nick's subordinate, there's an age gap there and with that brings experience.

Ray seems like someone, from what I saw, is a little more in tune with human emotion-the way he immediately cut the feed when the serial killer taunted the mother of his victim.

We didn't see very much emotional support from Grissom towards Nick after the burial which was a shame really as I think it would made from great scenes. I wish I knew why the writers chose to go in that direction as it left me feeling rather upset with Grissom, but that's all water under the bridge.

But Brass is a good choice-and Paul gives great emotional performances such as that final scene A Bullet Runs Through It-Part 2-with the wife of the cop he accidentally shot had me gushing tears-darn him and George-those two guys really get my water works going.:guffaw:

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

As far as the credits go, they could have put LF first or second for that matter. "And" credits are the same as starring credits, so there really is no difference. As fas as PG, he probably is second or third behind LF and MH with pay, so he could have gone second. But maybe for the sake of saving face, they put him third. ES is still in the same place technically. He moved up one spot, but the "And" credit LF has keeps him in the same spot. Same with GE, moved up one, but still behing LF and PG. I hate the politics beehind it though. Even the credits are strategically placed. it's crazy. It makes sense, but it's still crazy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.