Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I'm not sure if baby daddy drama was exactly what you were looking for :p

Anyways I thought I would bring this thread back after reading the newest TV guide article.

Dear writers,

With this whole d/l drama only one thing comes to mind... Seriously???

-Kas

2. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Dear Writers,

There is nothing else going on in your minds about anything other than DL drama this season? And as for
    Danny now planning on proposing and professing his love for Lindsay
    , how about showing us evidence that he does at all, as well as some 'not typical' developments like you promised?

*sigh*

Oh, and where the hell is Louie???

3. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

In New Jersey screaming "Paternity Test!! Paternity Test!!" at the top of his lungs hoping someone will hear.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Jaer!!! :D Great to see you here!!!

Oh, and damn straight about Louie. If he'd been around, maybe he would have knocked some sense into Danny before Danny got back together with the Montana shrew. :lol:

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

*snicker* Nicely said :beer:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Dear Writers,

It would be nice if you could be bothered enough to actually show the viewers things the producers keep telling us is going on with the characters and the story lines.

No love,
    PA

7. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Dear writers. Kudos to you, for doing what you think is best for the characters, and not listening to the biased ramblings of fans, on either side of the D/L debate.

And in regards to showing not telling in regards to D/L..That same argument could be said for F and A..Whom apart from a flirting scene or two over the space of 2 seasons, supposedly have some kind of connection now. That kiss IMO came totally out of the blue. If you are going to apply that argument to one situation, then you need to apply it to other situations as well.:rolleyes:

8. PerfectAnomaly

I said characters and story lines. I didn't single out Danny and Lindsay, or the baby story line.

You need to read what is actually said before you make an accusation. Plus, staying on topic would be nice. :rolleyes: :wtf:

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Former Dear Writers:

Don't become from Horrid to Horrendous torturing us with a DL childbirth scene. We have had enough with this silly storyline. There's nothing new except you pretend us to believe D is L's best friend and their baby is just the product of their luvvvvvvvv
    Give us more about Sam and Adam. Bring Reed back and dedicate time to show and develope Mac and Stella's relationship. It's cruel for the Smacked Family what you have done in S5
    Also don't go forward with the "Stella-is-falling-for-Adam" because you are reaching the point you are completely unwatchable (I don't know if this word exists). Keep Adam and Stella's relationship as one of the sweetest things in the show but don't dare to screw up things (You have done more than enough)

Also please get rid of Gillian soon. When are you going to understand the only woman who shared EVERYTHING with Mac is Stella?

Sincerely Smacked

Debbie :D

10. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Erm, excuse me, but I swear that the whole time I was watching the scenes with Danny and Lindsay over the past two episodes, I was sitting there wondering if they'd allowed one of the DL shippers who write fanfiction to write episodes for them now.

Not to unnecesarily dis Lindsay, Her fans, DL shippers or even Fanfiction, I just found it rather unrealistic, especially with the part about her knowing about Rikki, and Danny having screwed up. Then, the marriage proposal, the whole chemicals thing, etc, were bothersome due to the lack of believability.

It just smacks of catering to certain fans, when the writers should write just for the storylines. Honestly, it's the same thing with the Flack and Angell thing. That kiss just seemed odd to me. And I like Angell, and I even like her with Flack, that just seemed to be thrown in there.

And now, a nastygram to the writers....

Dear Writers,

Thank you So much for ruining what was once one of the original shows on television. Thank you for selling out to the lowest common denominator of what you think is "popular" and "good TV." Thank you for sacrificing any shred of believability that CSI: NY ever had.

Sincerely,

A former fan.

PS.

You suck. Like a bilge pump on an aircraft carrier.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

That's exactly what I've been thinking as well. Every episode where DL seems to be involved, there has been a lack of decent writing overall. I can read any fanfiction and pretty much see the same story--Danny and Lindsay have a baby, Danny and Lindsay get married, etc. Coming from a show that has given us such great episodes in the past, I can't imagine what happened to the writers to have them resort to what we've been given these past few seasons.

Exactly. I would love to see Flack/Angell together or Mac/Stella, but overall I watched the show for the interesting storylines and deep characters-NOT for the romances. It was much more natural and fun to see the characters work together and have chemistry be shown, rather than forced.

Sad but so true. :(

12. PerfectAnomaly

Dear writers,

I just read spoilers for episode 5.17 and I just have to say . . . BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Really? Seriously? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SincBWAHAHAHAHAHA,

PA

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  13. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

Dear TPTB,

Please don't make this whole D/L thing and ANY relationship on this show a soap opera. More believable cases and better characterizations. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

14. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

You tempted me to look, and my reaction was as follows.

"Oh Jesus Christ!" :guffaw::rolleyes:

15. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

Dear Writers,

I would like to honestly thank you for the great writing thus far for this new season of CSI NY. Although I hope there are more story lines for characters who always seem to be left out, and the continuation of stories that well...haven't been tied up yet.

For example Louie? I would love to see the Tanglewood (I think that's where it from...) storyline come back. Something should be done with that because many fans have enjoyed it, and were captivated by it. In regards to that, I appologize if your tired of hearing about that, it's just what the public wants.

Secondly I would LOVE LOVE Sid to have some type of storyline. Introduce some family members of his, and Hawkes' for that matter. It definitely would be a sight to behold Sid, our favorite coroner to have a little more, I don't know...MORE? =D

The same goes for Sheldon Hawkes, I have enjoyed seeing him so much this season so far..I'm waiting still. But please don't up and hook him up...please...Also I miss the darker side of him, from the first season? I don't know if anyone remembers that though. He had a sort of dark-something to him while in the morgue. But that might've been because he was in the morgue. note: Give Mr.Hill Harper and Mr.Robert Joy more thank you. :3

Lastly I like the direction of this D/L drama. It's okay, although it's progressed I feel a little too fast maybe? Like it's been thrown at us(the audience). Some parts in the episode s far have been a bit cheesy for my taste but it's still too earlier to tell or for me to make my mind up on the matter. Thank you.

Sincerely,

A bemused fan.