Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh, poor Adam - they'd have far too much fun torturing the man.

*wants to see it NOW* :p

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Jellybelly--> Mac and Stella are still the leads of the show. Meanwhile i agree with you we need to know more about Donnie, Adam, Hawkes, etc i do want with all my heart knowing more things about Mac and Stella too. Season 4 was for Mac, now it's Stella's turn;)

Dear writers:

sorry for my "between-migraines" letter:lol: I'd like to ask a few more things

* a well-divided screentime for the cast, special guest stars and guest stars
    *More of Stella talking in Greek
    *Don't forget Angell!
    *A special episode to celebrate our first 100 episodes;)

Debbie :D

ps: BTW I also want their relationships (I mean Mac's and Stella's) won't last long PLEASE!!!!!!!:bolian:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Yep, they'd definitely be torturing him, but that's what'd make it so much fun. I love Adam but seeing him all of a fluster and out of his comfort zone would be sooo much fun. :lol:

Of course, but I think sometimes their drama is too OTT. Particularly Mac's, it feels a little ridiculous sometimes, particularly the whole 333 thing of S4. And I thought this was my opportunity to say what I want, so lay off the eye rolls please. :rolleyes:

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I did it already. Sorry if it made you upset. Maybe the whole script wasn't well developed (or i should say the storyline). But as a Mac fan i liked it. Probably it should have been handled as the Cabbie Killer storyline (which it was fantastic imho). Again i think the main idea, in its purest essence, was ok. I was never convinced by the villain tough. I mean, the actor is truly nice but i couldn't believe he was a serial killer, a psycho.
    Again, there are tons of storylines which can be developed related to Mac. I have lots of doubts about his childhood and his current family.
    Being the male lead i expect always stories about him. But sometimes made me feel a quite upset other fans talk about Mac as praying for him to leave the show. (I'm not telling YOU are one of them). Only it's annoying and specially considering the great actor Gary is.
    And i say the same about Stella/Melina

I hope you don't take this as an offense

Débora

5. JellyBelly

I'm not offended, at all. I just think it's sometimes too easy for people to make general assumptions on this board, but I totally understand where you're coming from in terms of feeling frustrated by other people's views that certain characters should leave or step into the background, I feel that way when I see things about Lindsay/Anna particularly when they get nasty as they so frequently do here. And no, I definitely don't think Mac/Gary should go, I think he's great. :)

6. Faylinn

Exactly.

And then Stella could pat his head and feed him cookies. (Hey, it's what I would do.) :p

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That comment is the written equivalent of using the eyeroll smiley. If you're going to criticize other people for not respecting your opinion you need to respect others' opinions as well.

8. JellyBelly

No it's not. I do respect other people's opinions. I even understand why some people have that opinion. What I struggle with is how the discussions sometimes denigrate into childish and personal comments about the actor. It's a fair comment.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm not going to get into a "Is too!" "Is not!" fight.

Criticizing the actress is not being "childish and personal." Whenever comments about the actress have crossed the line the mods have stepped in and taken care of it.

Taking the time to call other posters "nasty" can be taken as an insult to their opinions, just like the :rolleyes: was taken as an insult to yours. It's not a fair comment at all.

Now, back on topic:

Dear Writers:

Please, Please, Please give Hawkes the screen time he deserves. It's been said repeatedly in many different ways, so hopefully you will listen and give many fans what they want and use Hill Harper's talent fully.

Thanks,
    PA

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No, it's not. You've been here long enough to know that it's okay to discuss the actors' professionally and critique their performances. Dropping the "they get nasty as they so frequently do here" is both inaccurate and off topic. Let's not make blanket statements here, period.

Back on topic...

I want Danny drama in season five. :D I've been saying I'm a shameless fan of it in the Danny thread, so I might as well say it here in the "Dear Writers" thread as well. :D

11. JellyBelly

Indeed. I don't have a problem with professional criticism.

Fair enough.

While I love Danny drama and want more of it, I only want it if it doesn't detract from us getting more insight into some of the other characters. Danny's always high profile, but then again Carmine portrays him so well.

12. Eve

Eve Pathologist

Dear writers,
    give Stella a break, will you? She is one tough lady, but why the heck all bad stuff is happening to her? You made her an orphan, you let psycho Frankie almost kill her, you came up with sneaky Drew character, you made her dying from the nerve while waiting for the HIV results and in the 4th season you burned her apartment down... It's kinda enough, isn't it? I mean, I love to see how good she copes with all hard things like that, but I also would love to see her happy, she deserves it, don't you think? So how about some good things finally happening to her in 5th season?
    Please, consider my kind request.
    Sincerely,
    Eve ;)

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^I agree.

My request is writers please give Hawkes a love interest. It doesn't have to be a big storyline like D/L or even Mac/Peyton, but the man needs some love. The poor man gets less action than SID, apparantly. That's just unfair. Also, give Hawkes more screentime. Make s5 for Hawkes what s2 was for Lindsay. We actually know less about Hawkes than Lindsay, and Lindsay's had more 'action' than him. Can we have a Hawkes scene similar to the one with Mac and Peyton in bed, or Stella and Frankie in bed, or even the D/L pool table thing (on a ME's table, maybe?) Hawkes is smart, sweet, and sexy, there's no way the ladies haven't noticed him! And Hill's an incredible actor who deserves more screen time.

14. Faylinn

Since Hawkes is so adorable with kids (remember that scene with the teddy bear in "Grand Murder at Central Station"?), I think it would be sweet if he dated a single mom - my ovaries would squeal. :p

Dear Writers,

Show Hawkes with children more often, kthanx.

Much love,
    Fay :D

15. Eve

Eve Pathologist

I agree! Hawkes is such a adorable guy and he is even cutter with kids - I totally support the idea of him dating single mom :)