Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is a small lie via omission. ;)

However, he knows he can't lie to her. Not b/c she will see right through him, which does and did IMO, but b/c I think part of him doesn't want to. He doesn't want to have to lie to her. I'm sure part of him wants her to help him but he doesn't want her to get hurt.

Oh I loved your story SomewhereApart....you better update that one soon!! ;)

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

delkolover: I agree with you.
    I believe that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something were to happen to her because of what is going on with him. He knows that she will always be there for him and he will for her.

3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

There was no way that Eric was going to out and out lie to Calleigh because he knows that she already has trust issues. He told her enough to satisfy her curiosity for the moment, but not so much that it would put her in the line of fire. ;)

She knew it had to do with his family. Methinks that she knows more than the writers let on at the time. :p

4. delkolover

Which is why he didn't tell her from the beginning.

Yeah he satisfied her curiosity for the moment. She is not stupid she just knows he will tell her when he is ready. She didn't push but if something happens again rest assured she won't let it drop so easily. He will have a hard time keeping her away or out of it now.

I don't know what is worse; Calleigh's wrath or the Russian Mob's? :lol:

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hm... well, the Russian mob's pretty big, but Calleigh has access to a lot of guns... and her CSI knowledge would make it hard to find evidence of any crime... plus she's awesome...

Tough call. :lol:

I noticed that in the episode. It stood out to me. I was on the lookout for any E/C, but I wasn't really paying attention at that moment (I know, it's stupid). But it caught my attention that he didn't make up a story for her. He didn't really lie to her.

6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I don't particularly miss Alexx, but I'd much prefer her to be back then having Tara. She has gotten so much so much screen time for being new to the show, I don't get it. And I hate how she is rude to Eric and what-not then in lastnight's episode she's suddenly concerned about him. Since we know for a fact nothing will happen between Eric and Tara, thanks to Corey Miller, I should probably just get over my disliking her for her.. but I'm still not sure.

There hasn't been enough interaction between E/C this season for me to be completely convinced that they will be together, despite what that recent TV Guide article has said..oh, and spoilers for that matter. Like you said, Jennifer, we are already about half way into the season and have gotten almost no progress between Calleigh and Eric.

So honestly, I'm a bit dissapointed in this season because I really thought that we would have had more stuff going on between the two of them so far.. but no. We probably should just keep being patient though.. I'm sure they'll get together eventually, but unfotunately, 'eventually' just isn't soon enough.

7. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

You're right, Calleigh saying: 'I don't want you to get hurt' was like a statement. There weren't any real emotions, Eric didn't even respond to that. They should have shared a look...
    And only one scene?? That was very dissapointing but it was ever more dissapointing that she wasn't involved in the investigation of the second murder. She wasn't even informed about the 'hit' on ERic. That was unfortunate I think. For me she didn't even have to be in a scene with him but she should have been in a converstation with H about Eric, trying to figure out what was going on in his life.
    I did like the episode overall. I loved Calleigh being so caring, the hug indeed was great, her walls are in fact coming down. It's nice.
    Tara...I have nothing against her but when she made the comment about Eric, I was like: huh?. The truth is I still miss Alex.
    I guess we have to look forward to episode 7.14

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So, um,Tipping Point next week, huh? I guess there's nothing to expect, right? Or maybe there is since Wrecking Crew and DeLuca Motel were supposed to have good EC stuff and nothing happened and Cheating Death was supposed to have nothing and we got two cute scenes. Everything is so twisted this season :rolleyes:

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I was thinking about it and I think you're right. But I don't expect anything, because it's really disappointing when I do and nothing happen. I just hope we get what we want sooner then later cause we are really patient and it should be rewarded, right?;)

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I hope you're right and that we'll get a few EC moments in the next episode.

Have you guys noticed that we'll have to open thread No. 32 very soon? I can't believe we've come this far...

11. delkolover

I think the problem is we are projecting too much and getting our hopes up that there will be a scene. And then are even more than normally disappointed when there isn't.

I mean, I know that is what I am doing and therefore am up for disappointment. So while I want and hope there will be an E/C scene on Monday, I am not going to over analyze the situation to make myself believe that there will be a scene.

I am confident we will get E/C this season and while I hate the waiting, the tv guide interview with Adam and Emily has definately inflated my hope balloon. So I am going to bear through it and if we get a scene on Monday, awesome. Of course, if we don't I will be diappointed but what can we do? The writers ARE trying to make this work in our favor. And that makes me happy....that the writers ARE doing or have something in mind for these two down the line.

Look, in the past Adam and Emily have 'hinted' and/or been coy when asked about E/C ....in the article from Monday....they both pretty much said it was going to happen. So there has to be something in the upcoming eps that they have filmed in order for them to say something like that.

We just have to hang in!! I know it is hard but it will happen!!

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I like the fact that Adam thinks it's long overdue. For me it just means he knows it's been a slow and painful process :). That and the fact that he says that the decision to move them forward is "very welcomed" really makes me happy. I know it's been said that they are the biggest hiphuggers but to have him confirm how much he likes the idea brings a big smile to my face.

As for monday, I will not get my hopes up not just because I fear I will in fact be dissapointed but also cause I really believe there will be nothing. So we keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

13. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I think that the writers are getting scared from all the attention EC is eliciting. That's all the media is talking about and I think that the writers are afraid that once they got them together, all the sexual tension will be gone and viewers will lose interest. Of course, devoted shippers, like we are, won't, but there is a chance that some people will. I mean, if there wasn't for EC, how many of us would continue watching CSI Miami? There are people who are interested in other ships, other characters, cases (I am interested in cases, but they are so stupid sometimes), but IMO EC shippers are the most numerous. Delkolover, maybe you could ask Corey what he thinks about this?

But, being the Hiphugger that I am, I hope that writers will take a chance and do what most of the people want.

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am really happy that the writers have decided to take them in this direction. Like Adam said it has been brewing for a long time. I have faith in the writers that they will give us what we all want, and hopefully send us a kiss for Feb. sweeps. (hey, a girl can dream right?)

15. delkolover

I don't think the writers are afraid of the attention at all. In fact, I think they like it!! It is getting people to talk about the show, good or bad, in terms of something other than super H and/or to make fun of it. I can't really remember, other than for one or two eps where the media gave this show sooo much attention. And good attention at that! The media isn't making fun of it or overly criticizing it, they seem to be welcoming the idea.

I think what the writers are afraid of, since it is getting so much attention, is rushing it and then having it come across as fake or stupid. So I think that is the only thing, at this point, holding the writers back. Hence, the baby steps. They want this to come across as good and stabile. They don't want to mess this up and Adam and Emily being on board for this; the writers won't be able to let it go sooo easily. And I think that will work out in our favor as well. Cuz Adam and Emily will more than likely let them know, since they know their own characters so well, when something is out of place or wrong.

That is why this is taking so long. It can't come out of left field....and while the fans have wanted this and seen this since the beginning the writers have only just acknowledge this as something that is real and could happen.

As for Corey, he is unavailble at the moment....busy with writing etc. So I promised I wouldn't email him until the new year and to be honest I don't think he would give me an explanation anyway....he is quirky like that ;) However, when he is available again, probably early next year, I will ask. :)

Ditto :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.