Eric & Calleigh #31 - A Vote For E/C Is A Vote For Shirtless Eric!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

First of all thanks for sharing informations about this ep. I have to say I'm just a little bit disappointed, cause I wasn't expecting nothing big. Still it could be better, but although new fics are great. Thanks fot that guys, it really chear me up a little bit and today is not my lucky day. Anyway thanks for the article from TV GUIDE too, though usually I don't believe what they write this time I really want to believe it will be true.:)

2. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

I thought it was so cute & very telling, when Calleigh was questioning Eric about why he was living at the hotel that he said, "I wondered when you were gonna ask me that... it just sounded sooooo natural between 2 people who know each other well & care about each other...that was my favorite awwwwww moment...:thumbsup:

3. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

That epi was just dissapointing. TPTB, you should be ashamed. Yes the plot was good, but a few things needed to be changed.
    A) Horatio needs to stop saving the day every week. It gets annoying.
    B) Eric and Calleigh, if the spoilers i hear about the end of the season are true, they need to start having some more charachter development. It doesn't look believable if they just WABAM fall for each other. It seems like they only have feelings every third epi-if we're lucky.
    C) Get a male medical examiner. He could be gay, and flirt like crazy with Eric, but I just think throwing another triangle in the mix is just like holding a bone in front of a dog that's chained so it can't reach it. Cruel.

So yeah.

The calleigh/ pregnant lady was cute...maybe she saw how fun it is to be pregnant (okay maybe not fun)? With Eric's baby?

OH MY GAWD HIPHUGGER BABY!!! YAY!!!

anyway... and i also thought that the Eric/mom scene was cute. I know he probably is kinda mad at her- but you can see how well he was raised and how he called her "Mommy." I JUST ABOUT DIED!! If I couldn't marry Eric Delko, I'd want a son just like him.
    Anyone hear any spoilers about next week's epi? or is it another repeat?

4. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

1. According to what we've learned in the past, yes... Eric's mother is married, to Pavel Delko, whom we all thought was Eric's father. I believe Eric has 2 or 3 sisters, and according to what was said in past episodes, they are all older than him.

2. You can enter any name on the birth certificate for the father. No tests are done beforehand to prove who the real parents are.

3. Eric didn't really answer Calleigh's question. She said what she said and Eric replied with he was wondering when she was going to get around to asking him. She asked if it was because of his family and he said 'no', but didn't say why he was there. The conversation was basically dropped after that.

Although the episode was okay (I did like it) there was a lack of good quality E/C in this episode. That little 10 second exchange between them was nice, but didn't move them forward at all... no baby step there. And I'm getting really tired of the lack of "steps" at all in their relationship. We aren't even getting the proverbial bone thrown at us every 3 episodes. I seriously doubt we'll get any bones or steps in the next three episodes either... those episodes that lead us up to 7.14.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I was disappointed for the lack of E/C but the ep wasn't all that bad.

I just feel like it was disjointed and I let my true feelings about known over in the eps spoiler thread. The whole idea of picking this story up in the middle was a BAD idea. It looked out of place and unbelieveable IMO.

I am tired of H saving the day everyday. :rolleyes:
    The lack of E/C on such a strong emotional storyline.
    Ryan....enough said. He usually doesn't bother me...but this ep I wanted to smack him
    Tara....bleh....bleh. She is a horrible actress and her character is horrible and comes off very unbelieveable.
    The only ones that didn't bother were Natalia and Frank.
    And why would his bio-father want to kill him? Obviously, he knows what Enrico got for Eric and therefore knows that Eric is his son. So he is a cop, he is only looking to find out his dad is not to arrest him. The idea of it struck wrong ya know?

Look I am not giving up on E/C not by a long shot....but I just think last's night ep was nothing noteworthy across the board.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I just watched this ep and I think it wasn't that bad. I really don't like just one thing or shuold I say person, Tara. I don't even know how to describe her. And her interest in Eric is just annoying. Only one scene between E/C is surely not enough. Although she said she doesn't want him to get hurt it was a little bit weird for me, she said it more like statement, I would love to see more emotions there.
    I liked the scene between Eric and his mother, it was nice. I really feel sorry for him, he has to feel so lonley now.
    I think if nothing will happen in 7.14 between E/C it will means they are really just playing with us to get our attention and improve their ratings and that's mean or I just have a really bad day.
    Anyway I just hope the writers will make it up for us next week.:)

7. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Jennifer, thanks for explanation.

i.e., even being married, his mother could enter whatever surname in the certificate? What for? Whither did her husband look?

Why Audrey2419 wrote in her post, that
    ? It wasn't the truth. wasn't it?

In my opinion it behoved Сalleigh to show more anxiety about poor guy - it was suitable (shot, dirty motel).

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I do believe that is correct. I assume if she is married she can put a different man as father, as the state would assume that whatever she puts is correct information.

No... Eric really didn't lie to her, like he did Horatio. He gave Horatio a completely bogus reason for being there. With Calleigh he answered her question truthfully... it wasn't about his mother, father, or sisters... it was about a man he believed at that time may or may not have been his biological father. He just didn't come out and specifically tell Calleigh exactly why he was there... so, really... he didn't lie to her. Given their relationship, I think it's a given that some time soon, he'll tell her. And that's something the fanfic writers can work on too.

I'm sick and tired of Horatio the Savior saving the day too, but more than that I'm sick and tired of seeing his face at the end of every episode. What... no one else is smart enough or capable enough to dispense the wisdom? No one else can commiserate with the victim? No one else can threaten the evil doer with certain death if he/she so much as harms one hair on the head of a loved one/team member/victim? If I see one more scene in which Horatio the Savior stands sideways, gives his version of the 'death stare' to an evil doer, and then shoves a document/paper/photo at that person causing said evil doer to spill his/her guts in fear, I will :scream:. I know when I'm watching an episode and we are in the last minutes of the hour and I see Horatio's face in a scene, that this is it and there is no more chance of quality E/C in the episode. I'm just really glad that it was Calleigh that was able to return the money to the pregnant woman in last nights episode, and not Horatio.

I haven't liked Ryan's character in the past couple seasons, as I think he's gotten rather arrogant... but I didn't mind him that much last night. He was trying to protect Eric, calling him a "pal". Although, I didn't care for his assumption that Eric was gambling too.

As for Tara... I don't care for her character either. I haven't warmed to her and it isn't because I miss Alexx. She just rubs me wrong. I find myself rolling my eyes each time she's in a scene.

I don't know what TPTB are doing with the whole E/C relationship. Baby steps my butt... more like no steps. Articles say they are going to get together, and at least one said it would be this season... but we are already almost half way into the season and the relationship has barely moved forward. They can say in these articles that the fans will get what they want, that Calleigh will have this near death experience and realize whats important in her life, and Eric wants to channel his "energy and love" into Calleigh, but the episodes surely aren't showing this. There really hasn't been any forward movement in their relationship other than Calleigh now knowing the depth of how Eric feels (from AHDTMYK). It almost seems like TPTB are testing the waters, testing how the fans would react if they decided to back off an E/C romance... what with the dearth of quality E/C moments and the consistent dialog between Eric & Tara (and in last nights episode, there wasn't a scene where the two spoke directly, but Tara did specifically ask Horatio about Eric and what was going on).

9. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Well, he didn't tell her the entire truth, in my humble opinion, because he wanted to protect her from getting hurt, but he also didn't try to spin some really cheesy lie about renovating his condo, which is what he told Horatio. He was being evasive by saying what he did, but technically he wasn't lying to Calleigh. :rolleyes:

Now, while we did get a horrible lack of quality E/C moments last night, I think that we did see the continuation of the crumbling of Calleigh's walls. The fact that she went the extra mile to help the pregnant girl by getting the money for her was proof that she isn't the same person she was even at the beginning of the season.

Eric is also going to be doing some serious soul searching now that he knows that his parents have lied to him his entire life. That will force him to get off the bench and start actively pursuing Calleigh. I think that Eric has FINALLY realized that life's short and if you love someone then you should show them. I bet we see a more agressive Eric Delko as it relates to Calleigh.

Our moment is coming. Our faith and patience will be rewarded. ;)

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I finally watched the episode and even though there was a lot of potential wasted, again on EC, overall I enjoyed it. First things first. Lines I liked:

-When Eric said he was wondering how long it was going to take before she asked him.
    -When she asked if it was about his family. How come she knew?
    -When she said she didn't want him to get hurt.

Things I didn't like:
    -The scene was way too short and they could've said/done a lot more with it (and when I say a lot I mean A LOT.)
    -Tara just gets on my nerves...
    -Horatio, Horatio, Horatio....:rolleyes: replace at least one of those scenes with Cal and maybe I would be a bit happier... nah it wouldn't have been enough either.

Like someone already mentioned I too am a bit worried that there's this lack of EC throughout these episodes and then what? There's supposed to suddenly all be realized and love is confessed and whatnot :wtf:? I think that if something of the sort is going to happen this season there should be more building up to it than what's being done. I mean at this rate them getting together would've been more believable if it had happened in season six. At least we got scenes every 2 or 3 episode and they were meaningful scenes. UGH I'm just so frustrated about how they are handling them this season. Ok rant over.:scream:

11. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I was thinking this earlier, and meant to post it. Her asking specifically if he was there because of his family means he's told her that he's looking into his family background, which it doesn't seem he's told anyone else.

However, he WAS in that motel because of his family, so he DID lie to her by saying no. He's in that hotel because looking into his family has put him in danger, so there's really no other way to slice that.

Smaller lie than to Horatio, but Calleigh also didn't press him as much.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

He did tell her in Raging Cannibal that at one point in his life he looked into his family background and he wasn't happy with what he found. So that could be what started him questioning his heritage. And handling the case in Raging Cannibal brought it back up for him. I still find it a little out of the blue though.

But I too found it interesting that she immediately questioned that it was about his family. Obviously, he didn't tell her what he was doing but he couldn't give her a big lie, like you said. He let her get closer to the truth, while still denying, than when H asked and it was nice that she didn't push. Nor did she judge. Unlike some people who kept pushing him for answers :rolleyes:. She can read him though....I think she knew he wasn't telling her the truth. But again, she didn't want to push.

I thought it was cute that she told him she didn't want to see him get hurt :) For Cal, that is telling. She would tell that to her other co-workers, but they way she said it to him, IMO, was much more meaningful.

Someone pointed out that this thing with Eric and his real father will not only come back to bite him in the ass but if E/C gets together, it will effect them as well. It will put Calleigh in the crosshairs for sure. Something she is no doubt willing to do. But definately something Eric doesn't want to see happen.

I think if this storyline plays out to the finale, I don't think it will be Eric who gets the brunt, I think it will be Calleigh. The Russian mob has no qualms about going after those around the person giving them trouble to make their point. I mean look what the Mala Noche did in season 4...they went after Marisol to get to H. Hell, the whole team could be a target before the season is out!

The Italian mob is a little different. When you piss of the Italian's they go after you and only you. The Russians on the other hand will take out an entire family to get to their target. In other words....they lack tact. When the Italians hit you....you don't see it coming.

So while the ep wasn't exactly my favorite...the storyline overall has some potential. Although, they did the whole, mob/gang/mafia thing in season 4 and it totally tanked. Hopefully this will be handled a little bit better should they decide to go down that road again.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

SomewhereApart: I loved your fanfic...it put a smile on my face :D

IMO, Calleigh knows more than she is letting on about what is going on with Eric, which is why I think she asked if the reason for him staying in a motel had to do with his family. Maybe she read more in his therapist's file that we saw...ok so I may be reaching but its a short reach.

14. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Thanks texmex327!

And also -- I have to amend myself. I am rewatching the ep right now, and his response to her isn't "no." She asks if it has something to do with his family, and he replies that he's just tryng to figure some things out. So, actually, tells her the truth. Not in detail, but the truth.

So I stand corrected.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I do think that the fact that she was the only one who immediately mentioned his family was a way of pointing out that they do talk about really personal things and that their relationship is much deeper than with others. Throughout the last seasons they have really been there for each other and know stuff about each other that no one else does. So I think that the line can easily be read into much more deeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.