Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Marg and her hubby Alan Rosenberg have split up, after 19 years of marriage, my daughter just told me and I saw it on Marg Helgenberger news:( They have one son Hughie~

2. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

THAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED. That was a report done in the NATIONAL ENQUIRER. The most notorious bullshit tabloid rag ever. No statements have been made by either Actors or their Reps, and it has so far only shown up on one other website, which quoted the NE, so please don't take that report for gospel just yet.

*sigh* I was hoping that would've stayed out of this thread so there wasn't widespread panic.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Same here. I guess that's why me and several other regulars in this thread didn't bring it up here after we had known about the report. Anyway, a new home isn't really news. They have bought this new house for over a year, and it's been renovated since. Marg even told a interviewer/reporter that they were renovating their new house at one point. They could have been moving to the new home and the NE reporter could have seen Marg alone. I know it's weird since they're never in tabloids, but who knows, Alan is quite hot right now. Such news could be a bomb when he is having his time of crisis with the SAG.

I suggest we consider this a rumor until either Marg or Alan says something.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

We can hope that is only a rumour, nothing more. It can be lie so we need to wait before we gonna know about it from official sites etc.

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I was really hoping that rumours/tabloid news wasn't allowed on these boards....*sigh* Oh well...
    Anyways, it's totally unconfirmed and I highly doubt it is true.

GO MARG!

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thats the thing about Tabs and rumors, people see them and yes they are allowed to ask about them. In a way it is better that they do so, this way they can be nicely debunked as a rumor or uncomfirmed, ect. - Normally if the rumor wasn't something said in a public platform then it would be off limits even the NE though 99.9% of the time are wrong its that last percent I have actually heard them be right lol. Does that mean they are right on this subject no, all anyone can do is sit back and wait, if it is true it will come out and if it is just a rumor it will die pretty much where it is as well as here.

While holding it back from here because you didn't want to spread anything untrue is nice, the fact is that may not be helpful. Instead if you read something like this (from a public entity) and you know it is not confirmed by another source. Then state the rumor and then before or after state that there is no other trustworthy sites that support this claim and until it is, it should be considered bunk or an unconfirmed bad rumor. - I would rather it be like that then someone assuming it is all true just because one source say it is, we are here for discussion and all things public knowledge about our fav actors/actresses and therefore that means also putting to rest anything that would be rumor. A word of advice if you read a story about an actor or actress make sure search for news from another (two or so) reputable news sources.

Generally what I am saying is alot of people are going to see it and some may come here and ask about it, knowing this is a safe forum where they [anyone asking] know they can get the truth, such as its an unconfirmed rumor or rather it is a true rumor. ;)

7. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Thanks Destiny.

All I can say is, it's unneccessary to discuss this thing until we're sure, because we will not know more here in the Marg threads (except if Marg registers and posts a reply, but I highly doubt that it will ever happen :D). Anyway, it's their own business, I am 100% sure that Marg would not want us to talk about it here, and from this viewpoint, it doesn't matter if the "news" are true or not.

8. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, I guess we'd all rather not discuss it, and I'm sure Marg would not want us to, and that's why it wasn't posted sooner. I agree with what everyone has said above.

Moving on, I rewatched Living Legend earlier. I loved Catherine in that, some of her facial expressions were so cute it's unbelievable.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

You know what, personally, I wouldn't mind if someone came in here, said they'd heard about it and asked if it was true. I believe we'd be happy to help them. But this time it was posted here as if it was the truth while the only source we had was the Enquirer. When I said I didn't want to bring it up here, I meant I didn't want to cause any unnecessary panic and stuff, but that doesn't mean others couldn't ask about it. It wasn't the story that bothered me. It was the way it was posted. And to think it was posted by someone who always asks others to cite their sources. :rolleyes:

Moving on, Living Legend is a nice episode. I've always loved episodes related to old Vegas. They're always fun to watch. The fact that Mickey and Catherine had some kind of connection made it even more interesting. I love the ending scene with those two in the hospital. Catherine's good-bye wink was all too cute. :lol:

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Living Legend was a great ep for Catherine. I loved the scene where she said to Warrick that she wanted to meet Dunn, and the final one - just priceless.

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh I guess I agree with you Erica, but as long as no-one knows for sure, no-one can say, so yeh, I don't know where I was going with that, so I'll just shut up :)...

I loved the wink and the ending. Her wink was so hot at the end ;) I loved it. Catherine at her best. :D

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ lolz you misunderstood. My post wasn't directed at you. It was rather a response to D's post and the one that started this...for the lack of a more suitable word, "discussion". I'm sorry if you thought I was arguing with you. I wasn't. :)

Marg is hot.

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

14. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Oh. My. God.....

Now I'm gonna cry........

:*(

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I"m sorry fans felt the need to question my comments about Marg and her latest news, I did post my source. My daughter works as a program director at a hugh radio station and got this from METRO NEWS, which reports politics, sports and celebrity news. She or myself wouldn't post frivolous in-accurate news, about something this important. I cried when she told me, due to the fact I thought this was a solid forever relationship, and I was hurt and shocked, that this happened, and that fans showed lack of respect for my posting this, and my credibility, and assumed and jumped to the conclusion, that if I posted it, then it must be wrong:rolleyes:so in retrospect, I accept your apologies:thumbsup:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.