Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

My thoughts are with Marg at this time!

2. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

Right now i don't know what to think.
    All i can say is best of luck to the both of them, we wish them well and all our thoughts are with you and your family at this time, be strong and look back at the goods things in your life, you have a beautiful son who loves you no matter what.

Although we have to be apart,
    We'll always be together,
    Close enough in mind and heart
    To manage any weather.

Reality is often bleak,
    But love remains inside
    A glass house on a mountain peak,
    The wintry world beside.

Love can build its own four walls
    And heat its own small room.
    Through icy winds and blinding squalls,
    Love can be in bloom.

Though continents drift far downstream
    And mountains disappear,
    And life dissolve into a dream,
    Our love will still be here,
    You'll turn, and I'll be here

Just thought i'd put that in there.
    Now im crying:(

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Desertwind is right. Marg and her husband has split after nearly 20 years. If you don't believe it, goes to the IMDb and you will see it.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

IMDB is like wikipedia. Anyone can write whatever they want. All sources have been using quotes from the National Enquirer.

I will be very, very upset if it is true, but until I see Marg and Alan themselves not together or confirming it, I think it is unfair to her, Alan and Hughie that we discuss it in this thread.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

It was also in US, as well as various News Searches, including E!Online via Yahoo Here is a quote from E!

So now how to handle this discussion wise, first and formost they are a private family, so we should respect that, which means discuss only what is publically reported, any speculation beyond that be it an opinion should be done with care. Okay there is secondly.

As to Desertwind's while your intentions were good trying to break the news, it could be the way it was written up that could have caused people to think that you had this more confirmed (publically) by multiple sources. Granted that before anyone jumps up and makes a statement against something, stop and look at it, make sure to respectfully question the persons intent or rather how they meant to say it, etc. etc. Those reporting something, stating you heard it from a relative even if they are in the industry of news (ie paper, tabs, radio) please try and remember to use a reliable secondary source.

Either way arguing over it will get everyone nowhere, so lets just move on from the tension and into what really matters the love Margs fans share for her and the characters she plays. Thank you.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Please do not twist people's words. No one said they didn't believe it. We were saying it remained a rumor until it's officially confirmed. Now that it IS, then yes they have separated.

Anne, they already announced it. You can also read an article on People.com. I feel bad for them, but I will keep supporting the both of them and wish them the best. <3

Life goes on. :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

EricaSJ, I did not twist people's word and at first, I thought National Enquier lied about Marg and her husband has split, but I went to IMDb and it said it true.

Drumchik, IMDb is not wikipedia and if you read what Destiny's thread and you will see it. It was true.

I like Marg and her husband and I will respect their privacy.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

St Nick's Helper, I didn't say IMDB WAS Wikipedia, I meant that it was LIKE wikipedia in that anyone can post what they like on there - I've done it before myself.

And yes, I see it is true according to their rep. We'll see what happens.

9. Destiny

Okay now that, that is all out let me repeat something I said above before anyone else says something that will well not accomplish alot.

"Either way arguing over it will get everyone nowhere, so lets just move on from the tension and into what really matters the love Margs fans share for her and the characters she plays. Thank you."

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Personally, I'm glad that they made an official statement right after the holiday has ended. That should stop any gossip that would get this whole thing ugly. I feel bad for them, but if they think this is what works the best for them, then so be it. I will keep supporting the both of them no matter what, and I hope the best for them.

Thanks for the 20+ years of good, happy times together. <3

11. Destiny

Well they are saying that they are "Taking some time apart" alot of couples separate, doesn't mean divorce maybe they do just need space as they are indicating. Though the realistic side of me says that its probably the other. But as they said family comes first (well basically said) so no matter how far apart they get, they are still that much closer together. They share a son who though 18 will always be their baby. I just hope they get the peace they need to find the peace they need, to lead them to the happiness they want and need, be it with each other or not.

They are living in the land of the five minute marriages (and I am giving credit on that), it is considered life if you last 1-3 yrs in a marriage, needless to say that lasting 19 yrs is a feat that is very rare in that land in which they live, I applaud the couples who have made it that long, they are few and far between in this day and age.

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Great words, Destiny.

It's really sad news. I'll support both no matter what. That's their decison, very hard decison. I wish them all the best. And thank Marg and Alan for these 20+ years of being togethter:)

13. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I'm sure the SAG thing has taken a toll on their marriage.

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh, I'll second what you've just said. It's a total shame, and shock, yet I'll third ;) what Destiny said.

15. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

This makes me so sad! I truly saw the apparent love between the two of them and they were one of the last examples of a good marriage I had to look towards. I really thought they'd stay together. :( My prayers go out to Marg, Alan, and Hughie. I'm sure this is very hard on everyone, and I hope everything works out for the best regardless of whether they're together or remain apart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.