"Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 15, 2008.

1. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Totally agree with you. First of all, the show opened with the driver swerving to miss a deer and overcompensating and hitting the tree. How does that make the homeowner responsible for their deaths? The passenger hit the concrete mailbox, not the driver, so that was unrelated to the accident or the deer, unless, in Nevada, homeowners are responsible for the actions of all wildlife in the vicinity of their property :confused: :lol:

Although I abhor the whole concept of GSR, I think I understood the lawyer's reasoning. He was trying to make it seem like Grissom's actions were those of an outraged lover rather than a professional, so he was just abusing "poor Natalie" and can't be rational in his observations. Plus, we all know TGTB have to have at least one GSR reference in each epi. Although Grissom could have balanced that by mentioning to the people in the lab that it was Heather who had helped him get back to working in a professional manner, unlike he was doing last week. :lol:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode to me, was one of the best of this season:thumbsup: so engrossing and the 3 different scenerios, absoulutely all fantastic. The beginning, what a horrible site to come home to, with the husband. "Grissom "was it grief or guilt" Brass interogating the husband, and the guy he was involved with years earlier. Brass "Bodies just keep piling up around you" Brass always exceptional. Nick & Doc and the kids who were playing "mailbox baseball" Nick & Hodges, a cute encounter and once again Cath throwing a wet blanket on their little moment of joy. She's a real drag lately, whether she's bitter about Warrick or what she's sure no fun to be around "No wonder I'm still single" really!! Her and Grissom have no contact hardly~ talk about the chill factor, and Nick figuring out the concrete in the mailbox, good job Nick.. and the guy who did it to those poor kids although they were wrong, a head on collision.. horrible. Gosh I miss seeing him without Warrick at his side:confused: Natalie and her crimes. Taking the anti-psychotic medication, not guilty just nuts:vulcan: Riley and Greg, good working connection. The girl and her dad, and it was the hubby who did kill him. Brass trying to talk her down with no success. I was stunned when she shot the guy and then the cop shot her:eek: And the end with Natalie "People who do bad things, need to be punished, and Grissom '[he's so captivating] not sure what to believe:confused: Natalie 'I'm really sorry" Grissom "Is that how you really feel, or how you think you should feel" his timing so perfect on his delivery..The bleach again.. still weird. Going back over her crimes with the defense attorney and the prosecutor. and seeing Natalie singing "I've got a pain in my sawdust":shifty: "Grissom "I don't care about revenge, I care to see that people can chance, even damaged people, but I don't know if they can" And the exit scene again Natalie saying "You're wrong I have changed" and then Grissom finding another bizzare minature of her beneath the floor, :eek: and his priceless expressions. So she's not changed one bit only fooling and conning everyone.. I got chills up my spine. So she hasn't changed, leaving the door open for her return possibly..Jessica Collns is really good in this role, I think she should be nominated for an Emmy, she's so crazy & meancing, and makes one think, maybe she's not! the whole ep. was fascinating I love this show:bolian: Oh, and it came it at #1..again[​IMG]

RATINGS

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  3. Veze

Veze Rookie

In fact, the scene with the deer at the beggining was Nick's speculation of what happen while examining the car computer records.

The death was cause by the mailbox... as you see at the end. The passenger smack the mailbox and his arm go backward and hit the driver, causing the swerving and the crash.

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

The deer was what Nick imagined happening. That scene wasn't a flashback, just a hypothetical reconstruction that was later disproved. That, if I recall correctly, is why the deer had that more florescent-y look that things tend to get when it's only the CSIs imagining the scenario -- i.e. not an actual flashback. That said, I definitely agree that, whether or not there was in fact wildlife involved, the guy shouldn't be punished. Ultimately, it was the kids' own fault. It seems pretty comparable to when a robber breaks into someone's house or other residence, the resident is considered justified in killing the robber. The mailbox is the guy's property.

5. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

I was slightly disappointed at first with this ep, although the scenes with Nick and Hodges were hilarious! I loved Cath acting like a complete mom, especially when she was concerned about Nick breaking his arm.

I have to say that the bits with Natalie, while interesting and very well acted on Natalie's part, left me wanting more. I kinda got the impression that this eppi would provide closure on that whole arch, but once again TPTB threw a curve ball and left us with more questions as opposed to answers.

I know it's not that many episodes in, but there's still something bugging me about Riley. I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I will... Something about her being so 'in' and pally pally with the team straight away just doesn't sit right with me. If someone joined a team as close as that, who'd been working together for as long as they had - especially under such traumatic and stressful circumstances - I kinda thought it would take more time for her to gel and be accepted...

Just thoughts. Maybe she'll grow on me... Once can only hope.

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

P.S. Was I the only person who was annoyed that it took roughly 15 minutes for Catherine to even make her first appearance? What are th TPTB doing? They better have a big storyline coming up for Marg, to make ammends for her lack of presence on our screens so far...

6. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Does anyone know why Natalie was afraid of bleach in the first place?

Or was it what Grissom said? It totally escapes me now *URG* but when Hodges snuck the lab rats into Grissom's office to look at all the miniature models, and when he found the common element in all of them was bleach, and Grissom talked about that historical figure who when he heard the word 'politics' he flipped...and maybe the killer's trigger was bleach...does anyone get what I'm asking? LOL I'm drawing blanks like none other....

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Natalie's father used bleach to clean her sister's blood off the pavement after Natalie killed her. That's the connection I remember.

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

:eek: Oops, too much time pondering Natalie when I should have been paying attention. My bad. Thanks for the correction!

9. Criminologist86

jtd94: Thanks! I'm SO slow.....it's so ridiculous...

I think Grissom did a really good job interacting with and keeping his cool around Natalie. I think if she had tried to kill someone that close to me I'd flip out and want her arse in prison forever....but he did a really good job. It just proves Grissom has total control over his emotions and uses his intellect in all areas.

I also think that Grissom is so "emo" lately because he's breaking...I mean you can't really expect a sane Grissom who is in control to leave his job, right? They HAVE to do something; whether it's slowly over time or immediate they have to break him somehow, I just wish they were a little more gentle with him, poor baby.

10. CSIL3Willows

CSIL3Willows Prime Suspect

Personally I think he needs some time out with some TLC from... well, I can't really say, but I'm sure Amb know who I'm hinting at lol

CSIL3Willows
    -x-

11. Criminologist86

CSIL3Willows: Oh I DEFINITLEY know to whom you are referring...and I'm with ya!

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hodges? Darn I knew those two had a conection!:guffaw:

Just kidding..but since I've put a mental block on all things..well you know..I won't say it..

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just untacking please feel free to continue the discussion. ;)

14. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

It is good to see Greg playing more of a roll in a way. I wonder how Laurence Fishburne will do. In his movies he always seems very serious and this show has some comedians like Hodges. It was funny to see Nick and Hodges in a way, but Nick with your scolding Greg and Riley with the S & M, Pot meet kettle.:guffaw:I don't approve of mailbox baseball, but it was interesting to see that side of Nick. Maybe Catherine's the only mature one left at least in the field.
    That was sad with the shootout. With what some of them see, it's surprising they aren't all emo like Grissom. It's understandable Grissom went to see Natalie, but I don't know if he'd be left alone with her like in the laundry room. Natalie seemed better at first, but still off. I guess as the show said, psychopaths can be good at telling people what they want to here. It was creepy at the end. Look forward to seeing more Greg and his knowledge of Vegas. Wasn't he maybe writing a book?

15. Toots

Toots Pathologist

This was a really good episode, but it bothers me to see Hodges out doing all kinds of field work when he should be in the lab doing what DNA techs normally do. Hodges has even said he doesn't like doing that stuff because of the danger involved. Now they are having him doing things outside of his field of expertise. I guess it's because the actor, who now has screen credit, gets a beefier role. And to pair him up with Nick is very odd indeed.

Are we supposed to believe that Grissom will just let Natalie commit suicide after he's found that little look-alike miniature figure of her? He's not the type to let her continue with her plan. It's ridiculous to think that he would, yet, it looks like the writers think that's what we'll think.