"Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 15, 2008.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Interestingly enough, I thought this was actually a better episode after watching it a second time. I was bored with it the first time through.

Highlights:
    - It was nice to see Greg basically get his own case – with Riley’s help.
    - Brass – what more can you say? The guy can be tough, witty, and even sensitive all at the same time.
    - Nick had his own case with some help from Hodges.

Lowlights:
    - For the second week in a row, Cath wasn’t really needed in the story. I think she was only used this time to help make Nick and Hodges seem more like little kids with their mailbox baseball case. That SHOULD mean that Cath SHOULD have a heavy episode coming up. One can only hope.
    - I didn't enjoy the 'A', 'B' & 'C' case format. The 'A' & 'B' cases would have been enough by themselves. The Natalie story seemed to only serve the purpose of keeping the GSR fans interested.
    - I’m eagerly awaiting the departure of Grissom. This episode showed that the others can handle things just fine. I’m hoping this episode (the ‘A’ & ‘B’ stories) was a preview of what’s to come post-Grissom – that there’s a bit lighter feel to the show – kind of reminiscent of the first season where Grissom was the enthusiastic scientist eager to do some of those wacky experiments. That should be easy to recreate with these younger cast members.

my full episode review can be found here

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Me too, in fact, I was missing Warrick for that whole case of Nick's. It would've been so funny with those two together.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

wow the continuity fairy actually got off her lazy butt for once lol

What's LF? *is confused* At least I think LF is right, the commercial someone asked about a few posts back.

When did it get to be six months post-Warrick? FW only aired in October, but the question is, which month was he shot in since FG was in May? Do we know for sure?

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I liked this one because there was so little Grissom that we got to see how talented the others are. :)

The Natalie final part was really creepy. I wonder if she will commit suicide.

For all you guys who've never been on the receiving end of mailbox baseball, it's not as funny as you think. It's very expensive to replace the post the mailbox sits on. And it's a cowardly action. If you're gonna vandalize a neighbor's property, have the courage to fess up to it. I've experienced it, and the same people will do it over and over again, just like the homeowner said. :( If the police figure out who's doing it, you better believe it gives you a criminal record and you'll be out a lot of money. Now, it you want to do it the way Nick and Hodges did it, in an area you set up, then yeah, that would be cool! :lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Melly, LF= Laurence Fishburne. :)

I think when I was a kid someone did something to our mailbox, but I don't recall if it was bashed in or if they just put some kind of goo inside of it. But, I do remember that where my dad lives, some punks kept bashing in his mailbox. He ended up putting up a really strong metal one that they couldn't bash in as easily and it hasn't happened since.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yup, that's right. It's a federal offensive to interfere with the delivery of our mail. So it's not funny! I mean, I'm sorry, but if you're stupid enough to be bashing mailboxes and end up getting injured or killed, oh well. You knew you shouldn't have been doing it in the first place, so I don't think the guy should've been arrested.

But it was still funny with Nick and Hodges testing their theory. They were cracking me up.

7. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

I loved that mailbox baseball idea. Coming from the UK, you don't get mailboxes that far from your house. Ours tend to be attached to our doors so I've never had the opportunity to play it. I can believe Hodges as a teenager would do random stuff with chemicals - reminds me so much of me at school!!

I also liked Riley & Doc Robbins interaction - very normal office behaviour!

Overall I enjoyed this eppy, although still not enough labrat activity for my liking (where's Wendy disappeared to? I thought she was going to have more of a role).

8. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

No kidding, csiviet, I noticed that we haven't seen much of Wendy as well...I just wrote that on her thread. I don't get it, I had heard that we'd see more of her interactions with Hodges...which made me happy because I think that the two of them are hysterical in scenes together. Maybe there's more coming up in future episodes......?!

9. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

One can only hope.....

I love to see the labrat interaction, they're all so funny when they get the chance - Hodges & Wendy together have a real chemistry that I'm surprised hasn't been exploited yet. I also like Henry & Mandy, they have such quirky characters. And as for Archie, I vote for way more screen time for him *drools*

10. mslakerz43

mslakerz43 Dead on Arrival

Natalie is an amazing character. I got a chill when they played the mcsk msuic its been a while since ive heard that creepy ole tune. Also, nice mention of facebook, I as a younger viewer loved it.

11. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

I have a theory about Greg in this season, I don't know what you'll all think, but here goes.

I think Greg is getting more screentime and is being more serious because IF (and I do say "if" because I don't know whether this will happen or not, since I've been avoiding spoilers like the devil) he is promoted to Level 2 the writers need to show the viewers why he deserves it. If we've not seen him all season and/or if he's been goofing around we will not believe he deserves his promotion.

This of course relies on two assumptions:

1) That he will be promoted (again, I don't know this for sure)
    2) That the writers actually give a damn about what we might think!!

Back to this episode, do you really need me to tell you how much I liked Greg in this episode? ;)

I really liked George and Wally in the scene when they were first talking about "mailbox baseball". I agree it's odd they're now hanging out with each other. What the hell is with that?!

And I wish to heaven Brass had worn a bullet proof vest when he went to confront whatshername. I was honestly afraid he'd get shot (again).

Sad that Greg's case ended the way it did. I got a bit creeped out when she saw her dead father's bones. I think that would totally mess me up.

I liked the Natalie Davies bit. I didn't think for a minute that she was "normal" again and I was so pleased when Grissom found the doll and proved me right.

I'm stunned that the Continuity Fairy has finally woken up from her 9 year slumber. Where was she in Season 5 4x4 when Greg's non-scars were shown?!

12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Szmilie I was actually talking to the TV..."Brass..please go put on a vest...Brass...vest...come on, go on..." *blushes* I think maybe he just kinda knew that his "in" with the girl would be the barrier, so to speak, in him getting shot up. I don't know ;p

Natalie was definitley interesting...she had me on the fence for a while about her 'change'; I went back and forth between being convinced that she had, and then I'd berrate myself and be like "nooo, this is NATALIE we are talking about! You know, SARA KILLER!" and I'd jump the other side of the fence...again.

I love that Hodges/Nicky were hanging out together! It was the MOST unusual/unpredictable pairing I have ever seen (personal opinion there) but it was hysterical...Loved it.

13. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Ok I enjoyed the episode, although I was baffled by the lack of Catherine. Greg being the lead in the A case was a nice change and I was so happy to see him not taking a back seat to everyone else for a change.

The Nick and Hodges thing was pretty funny, braking mailboxes while an exasperated Catherine watched. Her line about still being single was funny. IMO the guy who owned the mailboxes should not be charged with murder, he taught those punks a lesson and it was their own fault.
    PLus we learned something new about Nick!

So Natalie is still nuts, since Grissom found the doll hanging. So will Grissom say anything or let her kill her self, or will we ever know? I thought the reference by Nat's lawyer to Grissom about Sara being his co-worker and lover was unnecessary, do they keep having to remind us that Grissom and Sara were together? Do they think we might forget? Is it really that unmemorable?

All in all a really good episode.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

This might have been brought up already, but I couldn't help but notice Grissom showed Natalie a lot of compassion, more than she deserved. She is a serial killer and really does deserve to be locked up-somewhere whether in psych care or prison either way because she's a threat to everyone, including herself.

But I would have liked to have seen what Grissom did with the doll..

I thought it was pretty interesting to see Natalie's lawyer mention for everyone in the court room that Sara was his co-worker and lover all for the purpose of discrediting Grissom's testimony. Makes me wonder if he's starting to see the ramfications of crossing the line. Sleeping with your subordinate-not good for the reputation!

As for Nick playing mailbox baseball, I thought it was cool to get some background on him and learn he was a trouble making teenager in his day..

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008