Grissom and Sara;#34 GSR...Back With A Passion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bengali13, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i have to disagree. imo, Grissom was finally back to being himself in Say Uncle. he didn't blindly believe the boy, he wanted to believe him. those are two different things. he agreed without much persuasion to settle the deal through an experiment, and he was the one who solved the case. if you watch CSI from the beginning you notice how similar Grissom reacted in Friends and Lovers. he was just as sad in the end of episode 5 of season 1 when the young boy (played by Milo Vertimiglia from Heroes) was found guilty of murder.

in Say Uncle Grissom was back to quoting ("Well Pilgrim, let's settle this on the street"), being a mentor (to Riley), caring about the victim, and being eager to solve the puzzle. it was good to see the old Grissom back, even if only for a short time. i think Heather is a big part of it. she proved to be a good friend to him in Leave Out All The Rest.

i like GLH pairing just as much as GSR, and i don't consider myself 'looney'. i think that if Sara wasn't in the picture and if Grissom didn't mess up in LHB they would've been a great couple. the situation is different though, and i still think Grissom and Sara are going to end up together.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The thing is and the difference between LH and Sara, is that they've known each other and been together for probably 10 years or so, and he's seen Heather what, 5 times, not to mention they have NOTHING in common, he is intrigued and fascinated by her, who isn't, but that doesn't constitute love and marriage and as Rambo stated THEY'RE NOT IN LOVE so I can't imagine Grissom settling for someone he doesn't love:( or her either. She's starting a new role in "Eli Stone", [Melinda Clarke] also, Brass and Cath are also good listeners, so he could have poured out his heart to them but choose her instead for his own reasons.. and if Grissom is leaving in ep. 10 well, that kinda of explains the whole thing and here's some cool spoiler news:thumbsup:

Billy Petersen's last CSI as a regular is in "One To Go" and it will air on Jan.15, 2009 This is when we expect to see Jorja as Sara Sidle, as he stated over and over again "In my final arc, Sara is involved" so this is going to be riveting and so right on target, as it should be! source
    http://jorjafox.net/

CRIME SCENE

NATALIE WATCHING THEM

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ you don't have to be defensive. i don't think Grissom is in a situation to be with Heather right now due to everything that happened. i'm merely saying that if things played out differently Grissom and Heather could've made a good couple.

since Grissom loves Sara (hopefully still does) and things with Heather didn't work out in the past, the route for him to really be with LH is closed. idk, whether they had a one night stand in LOATR or even something more, but their relationship is not one to last.

i mean, did anybody here have only one boyfriend in their life (considering you're older than 15-20)? anybody? Grissom is allowed to have an ex, he is allowed to like another woman except Sara. Sara is probably the one who he will spend the rest of his life with b/c she is the only one he loves, but you don't have to love everybody you have a relationship with. many times love comes after a while of being in that relationship. i do not think Grissom loved Sara when they got together, but i do think he fell in love with her at some point, later.

thing is, he still started a relationship with her even though he didn't love her yet. he recognized, though, that he might be happy with her, and that she has deep feelings for him. i think a relationship with Heather had a similar potential for love. problem is, the circumstances didn't allow for it.

4. ilovegrissom

ilovegrissom Hit and Run

I think that CM shares your view. She said that if Sara were not in the picture Heather and Grissom might be good together. And i agree, maybe at one point it could have been romantic between them but that ship has sailed away. Grissom and Sara are different though. They kind of remind me of my aunt and uncle, who were friends for a decade before marrying one another. Sara and Grissom just seem to fit.

5. Desertwind

6. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Whoa, been away for a day and some more people grace us with their very welcome presence. :thumbsup:

It became slightly hostile here for a little while - my opinion by the tone of some of the posts - Let's chill out, everyone is entitled to their point of view. After all it is a forum board, meant for discussion.

Hmm, I do not exactly agree with this. My belief is that he has loved her for a long time. By the way he looks at her in previous seasons, the way he talks etc. Plus by the way he said: "Nine years ago." in A la Cart. I thought the tone of his voice screamed, "It was love at first sight!" :adore:

I agree with this Desert , I have seen grief and all of it's stages and it is not a very nice feeling :(. People do do strange things in order to cope and then they realize what they have done, or their mistake. Your mind isn't right when you're mourning, you can't concentrate...we've seen this with Grissom. He is upset, closed off from the people closest to him, with particular personalities, this can be considered normal in grief.

Again, these are my personal opinions.

By the way, awesome avatar Desert!

Anyways, getting late over here. Talk soon!

7. minnyanne

minnyanne Dead on Arrival

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, i agree. Grissom and Sara became friends first, Grissom and LH were friends after a relationship didn't work out. GSR has a stronger basis, the two of them understand each other very well b/c they've known each other not from psychological analysis (like LH does) but from being around each other every day for years. i think Grissom feels more secure around Sara, she is more stable and has a lot in common with him when it comes to interests.

well, it seems a bit far-fetched to me. i mean, Grissom to fall in love at first sight screams OOC. he liked her from the beginning but he still has problems saying the L word after 3 years of being with her! remember Table Stakes? the guy asked him whether he has ever met someone and felt he'd known this person all his life. Grissom was all "uhh, NOO?!"

don't get me wrong. i love GSR. but i'm trying not to be idealistic about it, but as realistic as possible. the show gave us a lot of angst for a reason. it's not all bunnies and peaches and the only justification for anst is not that TPTB is mean. it's how real life works, it's how a good show works.

9. Desertwind

I agree with you again MissMurder He was overwhelmed by her the first time he laid eyes on here, and we all know how she felt about him:p his comments in "Ala Cart" "you had a pony tail", so sweet. and when Holly was shot, who'd he call? not ghostbusters:rolleyes: Sara, he was her boss so they had to keep it discreet and quiet, when Ecklie said 'Why didn't you tell me" Grissom said 'We didn't want you to know" He realized I think in "Butterflied" that he was going to give up anything to be with her. and in "Nesting Dolls" when she poured out her heart to him I think that's when he took it to the next level. I read something by a fan on the "LOATR" news that pretty much said it all about LH, very simple yet hit the nail on the head. "she was a distraction":shifty: exactly. He and Sara are so much alike, workoholics, homebodies, and just being together. She's the one who's in tune with his psychic, and he knows that. One ep. where out in the desert he licked a bone, and Cath goes "have you had your rabie shots" where as Sara, would have just smiled, and totally knew what he was doing! she is the one who understand him completely. They're history is a long complicated one, and they will end up together`on both of their lines, on this show who else did Grissom ever say these things to, and visa versa?

Grissom:"'You make me happy"
    Grissom :"Sara is the only one I've ever loved"
    Grissom: "Ya know maybe we should get married"

Sara :"I've loved you forever"
    Sara: "You're my one and only"
    Sara: "I'll miss you with every beat of my heart"

[​IMG]

And minnyanne what the H are you talking about? sorry for what? I don't even recognize who you are:confused:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  10. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

One of the things I love about the way TPTB and the actors have built this relationship is that they've given us a really lovely skeleton, so to speak. We know just enough to believe that these people love each other and are meant to be together, but since we don't have tons of specifics, everyone can project their ideas about the relationship onto that skeleton. I truly think that's why so many people are fanatical about GSR. People who want to believe it was love at first sight on both sides can find evidence to support that. People who want to believe there was a connection and maybe a crush in the beginning but no real romance for awhile can believe that. So much of what we believe about this relationship goes back to what we see as the ideal relationship. I personally don't think it's really important that we all have the same idea of the specifics of the relationship. What we can agree is that we love the geeks together and want to see them have a happy ending. And I feel very hopeful that that will happen.

FWIW ;)

Ali

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

well...just thought i'd post to let you all know i'm still here...a little faithless, but what can i say?
    i know it'll all work out in the end but going through this slow deterioration of the best on-screen relationship is terrorizing.
    i, as always, think that TPTB have a plan and are seeing it as a whole not the parts that we're getting in these episodes. i think that they're leaving alot up to guesswork, but at the end they have to clarify everything they've left hanging per se. because one of the only ways to make me truly disappointed about the departures of WP and JF is to leave things rocky as a kind of 'stay-tuned' type fiasco.

but we haven't got to worry about all that yet ;) we're past our half-way mark and i think that the sun will start to shine a little brighter..

12. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Completely agree with this Desert. Lady Heather I believe was merely a distraction from Grissom's feelings for Sara. He was scared of emotions running through him that he had never felt before. He was worried then, he needed to take his mind off of her. He cared that she was his subordinate then, afraid of risking his job. Lady H, distracted him from Sara, he focussed his mind away from her for a while.

But when Butterflied came along, and the nurse looked like Sara's twin, he took one look at the crime scene and realized what it would be like to lose her.

He kept seeing Sara instead of the victim, Sara was on his mind all of the time. He realized his love for her was strong, and it scared him how much he and the murderer had in common. The age gap relationship...

Nesting Dolls, Grissom finally knows all of Sara's secrets. He notices how much she still trusts him after all he had done to her. I think that made him come to terms with how stupid he had been, and pushed him closer to her.

Season 5 was the season of the re-bonding between them. They were comfortable around one another again, they were friends. And well after Grave Danger, he must have known that anyone of them could have been in that box and that he too had a near death experience. I believe this is when they got together as a couple. Grissom couldn't let Sara live in the dark about his feelings any longer, and the thought of dying without telling her finally pushed him in consumating their relationship.

Throughout the seasons there has been a lot of evidence to support the theory of Grissom being in love with Sara for a long time, if not since they met. Though some scenes seemed doubtful, others were flooded. His fear of losing his job is what stopped him, not the lack of emotion.

That's my 2 cents anyway :)

Talk soon m'dears

13. Desertwind

Hey MissMurder your 2 cents is worth a million bucks:rommie: you hit everything right on the big old head, I so agree with you. And picture this in your head, you know when Gil & Sara are intensely working on a case and how they dress, the same the CSI garb. Picture LH dressed up like that with a flashlight, looking up close at creepy crawlers on dead bodies, with crime kit in tow!! HMMMM, can't:eek: me either. That's paramount important how they are on cases together, And have you all noticed how he mostly works with her , [when she was still working on cases] more than the rest of the team? they dress alike they think alike and JorjaFoxFan welcome back you've been missed. Your analyzation of A slow deterioration of the best on-screen relationship is terrorizing It makes me sad and depressed, I will never again get this wraped up in a TV couple, to heart wrenching when they go. I was hoping beyond hope, that they'd all sign on till S/10, and make it an even decade. Wouldn't that be so wonderful?

SUCKERS

TURN OF THE SCREW

TOE TAGS working together~

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  14. minnyanne

minnyanne Dead on Arrival

Hello Everyone,:thumbsup:

I just watched Way To Go again with GSR i forgot about the cute camera duel between Sara and Grissom and Sara win.:guffaw:plus great ending one my favourite moment in GSR history. :)

I was think about Sara webcam video in 9x05 LOATR do remember episode when Sara/Cath working on a case. Where the mother murder her daughter on fairground ride damn what season i try track it down later on? Anyway the mother lied and Cath remember later by way her eyes moving never look straight head at her. Well Sara did the same in some part 9x05 message to Grissom i wonder has click on to this or not? :rolleyes:

Desertwind what you put on spoiler page can`t be true these my thoughts:

Just my friend point out where the only source from about JF played SS for the last time in WP last one in 9x10. It from the TV Guide, who love LH, Cath sometime might like SS/GSR mmm i take a pinch of salt until more serious source will confirmed it.:) I pretty upbeat about seeing GSR/SS/GG again as guest stars after 9x10 i think maybe 200th or the final of S9. Has anyone thoughts/theory to 9x10?

15. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i think you're talking about two different episodes dear.

i'm pretty sure that was unfriendly skies from S/1 , when Catherine knew the mother was lying because she was looking to the left when recalling her story which is a common tell-tale of a lie, recalling information should be the right :thumbsup:

but at that carnival, where the little girl is killed on that love-bird ride whilst riding with her mother was another episode of which i can't recall...

i hope that with episode 10 doesn't come the last of GG and SS, although the writers better get creative because keeping them inclusive and convincing the world of a great show will be tricky...which leads me to believe that they won't be there very often...or they could start shows off randomly by showing them in their new home-life which has absolutely nothing to do with the cases :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.