"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Smokey: you bring up a GENIUS point, and something I just now remembered that set me off too...trajectory/angle whatever of the shots...there is no way that if the woman was shooting at that range and dead on, the shots would have gone upwards like that..had to be from a lower point...That was a really awesome thing they added in there though, putting those two pieces together.

2. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

It would be nice to see Wendy in the field. I've been a fan of the actress for some time...and I think the character has potential. I would actually LOVE it if she and Hodges could go out in the field together, even if it's just once. I don't mean it in a "love interest" type way, I just think that those two characters bring something out in each other that we don't normally see.
    As far as the episode, I thought it was great. Unbelievably sad, but great.

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I, for one, did NOT enjoy this episode. The story itself wasn't bad. It was the way all of the characters (namely the CSIs and lab rats) were used that really drew my ire.

There was no rhyme or reason to it.
    - - - - -
    Grissom & Riley at the scene to begin with.
    Then it's Brass & Greg doing some of the interviews at PD
    Then it's Cath & Riley going over evidence
    Then Cath & Brass at the store with surveillance. She discusses with Greg in a hallway walk through. Then *poof* she's gone for the rest of the episode.
    So, now Greg, Riley & Nick discuss evidence, then Nick & Riley along with Hodges go trash hunting. Then Nick & Riley get into a gun standoff. *poof* there goes Nick
    Grissom & the kid, Grissom & Riley,
    Hey, there's Wendy with Greg now (nice little boyfriend story, Wendy!) *poof* Wendy disappears
    Greg & Detective Cavaliere almost get blown up. *poof* okay, now Greg will be gone
    Grissom vs the doctor
    Grissom & Riley process evidence
    Grissom & Riley re-enact the scene with the kid
    Grissom commiserates to Brass how he actually solved the case but didn't want to.
    Grissom, Grissom, Grissom. That's all it's come down to these days, and it's very sickening.
    - - - - -
    First of all, Nick wasn't needed. A cop was needed at that house to begin with. Brass or another cop could have handled that. They only used Nick so they could show his growing machismo, which almost ended up getting a fellow officer killed or injured. I don't think smirking at the lady holding a gun was very appropriate at that point - especially when she didn't understand his language.
    Secondly, Catherine wasn't needed. Her only purpose in the episode was to confuse Artie with Archie. (and to look HOT in her glasses!)
    Thirdly, why the return of Cavaliere? I don't like him as much as Vega, Vartann or Sofia. (are we EVER going to see her again?)
    Fourth, I know Riley's new, and I really like her character, but... she's EVERYWHERE!!
    Fifth, the 'experiment doctor' was the bad guy back in season 2 Primum non nocere. I didn't like him any more now than I did back then.
    Sixth, having Grissom the kid-whisperer now? Good grief!

The bright side? Four more episodes to go until we MIGHT be able to see the light.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. HoneyBee

HoneyBee Dead on Arrival

5. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

I really liked this episode despite it being slightly disturbing. To think anyone could put a kid through all that trauma and have no remorse is just sickening. I had an inkling from the beginning that the kid may have been involved. It was neat to see the guy who played Jin used to be on the show lost (or still is I dont know I dont watch the show but I still recognized him).

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I actually didn't think they had as much of Riley as they have in past episodes or at least her scenes weren't as long as they were before maybe that's why it seemed like less scenes lol. I thought Greg had a lot more screen time than any of the other original regulars except of course Grissom. Could have been more Nick and Cath in the ep. Maybe when this ep was filmed she was busy doing a movie or something, so they only were able to have her in the one scene? I did like that we got lots of Greg scenes though. That's a major plus for me. :) Still, could have been more Nick. Did love the one scene Nick and Greg were in together (even if Riley was there too) cause they all seemed so comfortable in that scene. There wasn't any weird tension like in last week's ep (cause the S&M stuff makes Nick uncomfortable). It was just a nice scene where they were discussing the case and that reminded me of eps of old.

Superdave had the best line of the night though: "It's an ID orgasm... overload. I meant overload." :guffaw:

When are David and Wendy gonna be added to the opening credits?

"If it's gonna get me out of here sooner, I'll be William-freakin'-Shakespeare." :lol: then: "You can have my ass print if you want." :guffaw: that suspect cracked me up.

"By the running time of Godfather, he was dead." -Cath :lol:
    "A lot of people die at the end of Godfather."-Riley :lol:

Jack Chan got his eyes done? Really? I had no idea! :lol:

"You didn't tell me we were gonna have a quiz." :lol: Oh, Brass. I so love you!

"Nothing says I love you like processed sugar."- Greg :lol:

Subtitles please! Ugh! I hate it when I don't know what they're saying.

Nick didn't look scared when the old lady pointed the gun at him.

"What am I? I don't know." :lol: This just sounded funny coming from Gris.

That whole scene with Wendy and Greg was great. Loved when Wendy told about the boyfriend getting skin grafted over tatts and Greg goes "from his butt?" :lol: It was just funny the way he said it.

"Okay pilgrim. We'll settle this on the street."-Grissom :lol: Was that a John Wayne reference?

I didn't expect the boy to be the one who shot the mother. I'd say she deserved it though. He apparently was angry with her for what she put him through.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  7. sarckastic

sarckastic Civilian

'Nick didn't look scared when the old lady pointed the gun at him.'

- It's probably bc he's used to it these days. =D

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Nick's making a habit of having someone pointing a gun at him!

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What exactly did the mother do to the kid that was really bad? I must've missed the part where they were talking about it. I do know his parents were a druggie and a hooker or something like that.

Thanks

10. GregNickRyanFan

She had docs giving him all kinds of experimental drugs that he didn't really need just cause she wanted the money (probably to buy herself some drugs). At least that's the way I understood it. She was a druggie. The kid's father had been a gang member.

11. CSIViet

CSIViet Victim

I enjoyed this episode, probably more than any of the others since the first of the season.

When Cath went to the store surveillance room, I fully expected to see our Archie moonlighting so found it quite amusing when Cath called the guy working there Archie...... Great minds think alike???

I found Hodges being all grumpy in the field really funny, I love the way he plays that character. I would like to see more labrat involvement though, we've been sadly restricted to only fleeting glimpses of all of them.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I missed that Cath scene too. God, either my phone rang more times than I thought it did or I dozed off a couple of times due to the medication I took for my cold. :sigh: Definitely gonna have to watch that again tomorrow.

13. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Yeah. IIRC, the doctors, who owned stock in the drug company, were paying the mother to let the kid be part of a clinical trial. This is why he shot her.

2 more observations:
    -the part where Hodges found the stuff in the trash can :lol::lol::lol:
    -Next week looks VERY interesting:
    The Miniature Killer returns !?

14. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I thought the episode was kind of meh. Hodges finding the clothes in a matter of seconds was cute. You just know he's going to be lording that over everyone for ages.

The doppelganger crime lab was pretty funny too.

I also liked the scene with Riley, Nick and Gun-toting Grandma. Riley seemed a little freaked while Nick was cool as a cucumber. I guess CSIs don't have guns drawn on them all that much back in St. Louis if Riley's reaction was any indication. But for Nick, in Vegas, it's been a pretty regular occurrence...and by people a lot scarier than this little old lady. Well, they do say that familiarity breeds contempt.

The clinical trial doc had the bedside manner of a modern day Dr. Mengele. I hope he rots in hell.

I wasn't 100% sure that the kid shot the mom. At least not at first. I thought it might be possible that she was on the ground and someone who was standing near her feet could have shot her, execution style.

I really felt bad for the kid. The loss of his uncle, the only person who seemed to genuinely care for him, was tragic. And let's not forget the whole "being used as a guinea pig" extravaganza.

One more in a long line of depressing episodes. The viewers are all going to have to start taking Prozac every Thursday night if this keeps up.

15. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

I loved the episode from start to finish. I loved SuperDave's "orgasm" and I enjoyed seeing Nick really becoming a leader. I'm confused as to why, if Wendy's going to be a CSI, we've never once seen her out in the field and Hodges has been out there at least 4 times. Maybe it's because he had nothing to do in the lab this episode and the writers wanted to get him on the show somehow? It was an unrealistic stretch, if so.

I loved Grissom in this episode. Not moping over Sara and actually kicking butt and doing his job was wonderful.

And of course, I have to mention... how much did Eric Szmanda ROCK in the explosion scene?! I was horrified because I thought it was him that had been blown up at first! Way to make me crap myself, CSI! :D I loved how Eric not only had a very nice amount of screentime, but he also got to do something a bit more exciting this episode. That's the second time you've been blown up, Sanders!

While I'm on the subject, what was Greg DOING entering the house BEFORE the police had called out "CLEAR!" The idiot could have been shot!