"Say Uncle" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

The poor kid...that ending was very, very sad...he was just upset cos his torturing mother shot the one guy who cared about him, and now the little dude is in juvie forever AND HIV positive...I agree with Grissom: "I'm sorry we solved this case...I really am."

:*(

The mother definitley deserved what she got, and the uncle, RIP.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yeah it was sad at the end. And kinda wierd that they just had a case in RL with an 8yr old shooter.

3. CCA

CCA Police Officer

This wasn't a bad episode. Few things...Super David..YOU ARE MY HERO! Can't beat a quote like that. Brass...well how can anyone not like Brass, he was just awesome in that entire episode!

Hodges...(shakes head) Nick had a good little team going ready to kick some butt find some evidence and you and your cocky ways...gotta love it

I started suspecting the kid, and really when they got to that parking lot. When you got the picture it was like...look at that angle! As for the kid...yeah I'd shot her to

Interesting thing though, Grissom saying "I don't know who I am." I know who you are..YOUR BUG MAN!

P.S. I agree, I thought the samething about that RL 8 year old shooting! Apparently somebody tapped into the universe and saw that one coming

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The storyline was sad. I felt bad for the kid. I think the mother got what she deserved.

Yeah I knew this was going to happen eventually. Now Riley is starting to grate on my nerves because she's hogging the screen. My friend and I were watching the show and saying and 'so where is everyone else..is the Riley Adams show."

Wow, what a great concept CSI has. Bring in new characters, shove the old and loyal ones to the back. Very corporate of them.

5. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

How has nobody mentioned that the doctor was the same guy from the Hockey episode? Or am I just an idiot?

6. Criminologist86

Quick Obs on my end: Was it me, or did Billy seem to struggle w/ a couple lines twice in this episode? I'm definitley not accusing him of messing up, but there were a couple times I thought wait...either he's a brilliant impromptu (which is possible with his theatre background) or he almost missed something....was it just me?

7. CCA

CCA Police Officer

oooo I did have to say I liked when Grissom did chew out Riley for not having somebody with the child..that is a definite no no..he was not one happy boss...and Nick taking up some leadership roles here...love it when he's in charge (sigh)

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked this episode. I felt bad for the kid too but the mother did have it coming to her.

I liked Hodges with his little bit in the field, but I thought Wendy was going to be the one out in the field? Maybe he is more of a comic relief than Wendy is and so they just put him out there instead.

Yeah I like Riley but they really are forcing her down our throats a bit I feel. I mean we see her more than Catherine.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Okay, I've only watched it once (so far), so correct me if I'm wrong, but there were scenes of Riley with every single CSI tonight, but the only time I can remember any of the others together it was just one scene with Nick and Grissom.

Now that seems weird to me. Every CSI was paired with her at least once, but the other weren't paired at all except for that one scene.

10. Criminologist86

I agree about the Riley thing...they are kinda like "LOOK! SHE'S HERE!" instead of letting her make her place in the team like everyone else; I feel like she's already like, somehow on par with Grissom already; like ANY newbie would question Grissom like that!?! COME ON. And then walk away of all things...gimme a break.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah and the sad thing is, they'll do it with Laurence Fishbourne too.

12. Criminologist86

I agree totally...and it IS sad. It's like they have some right to the authority/challanging arena JUST because they are new and supposedly replacing someone who had to EARN the trust of the other CSI's...URG.

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I liked this episode. Personally I found it had a good enough story behind it to keep my interest. I too felt bad for the little boy and it didn't even dawn on me until they actually re-staged the crime scene that the little boy was the shooter. I was just thinking that it was the uncle in his attempts to fight back before dying himself. I'm glad though that Grissom stood up to that doctor that was feeding the clinical meds into the kid. I mean, not like he wouldn't, but it is refreshing to see, after all the stress the mans been through, to still get himself involved in the cases he works.

Now I like Riley, but I think the newness has worn off now. Enough with showing her in every other scene. And like myfuturecsi just mentioned, the same will happen with Laurence Fishbourne.

As for Hodges in the field...again? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his little outings out in the lovely LV fresh air *chuckle* just look at my icon, and once again, he had an eventful little trip, but I do wonder the same as Dizz. I too thought that it was Wendy they were hinting around to go out in the field every now and again, yet it's him getting yanked out. LOL, maybe the team is purposely singling him out seeing he doesn't seem to enjoy being out of the safety net of the lab and into the field.

Great to see Nick taking on the leadership role. It seems to compliment and look good on him.

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Perhaps later in the season Wendy will REALLY be in the field, as in maybe going to become a CSI, whereas Hodges is just helping out right now.

I figured it was the kid from the autopsy when the angle of the shots came from below.

The saddest thing for me was him standing there in his new cute little sunglasses and seeing everything happen. :(

15. Criminologist86

Yeah, Hodges in the field (and seemingly not digging it ;p) is HYSTERICAL. I love how all he did was open the lid of the garbage bin and there was exactly what they wanted...hahaha Silly Hodges ;p

I aslo think that leadership looks SEXY and suits Nick very well. I'm sure he'll have a lot to learn about being a team leader when Gil leaves *cries* but he's doing very well now :) I love how he obliged Hodges in coming back to talk to him...I would have waved a hand and blew him off...Go Nick!

The first time I had the inclination that maybe the killer wasn't who it seemed was when I saw the spatter on the little boy's face...I don't know why, but it tipped me off....even though he was obviously near the people that had died, like, physically, I just had a weird gut feeling, but then ignored it cos I was like "yeah right" and then I turned out to be, unfortunately, a wee correct in my weird hunch...which sucked.