Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

*does happy dance* I was so happy that TPTB decided to let Ryan do that... we're getting a little closer to the sweet adorable season three Ryan we all love. You can tell that Calleigh liked the thought, but she seemed a little wistful when she said girls like flowers... maybe Ryan should send her some flowers. The question is what kind? Any ideas, guys?

Hmm, as for a title Salean, how 'bout Apologizing with Flowers? Calleigh Approves? Or something to that affect...

*spits out her hot chocolate* There's a kiss?! *rushes off to YouTube* I can't see who it is though. It's in red and black... please let it be them! *crosses fingers*

2. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

ya even though it's black and red to me it seemed like them. well i hope atleast lol

3. Salean

Salean Rookie

Oooh, that's a good one, Karu.

*knows absoloutely nothing about flowers but thinks this is an interesting question*

Hmm...

Whilst the shipper in me would love for it to be Calleigh and Ryan, I really doubt that it will be. My first thought when I was watching it was that it was Calleigh, but thinking back, didn't the mother of the lost baby also have similar hair? I have no idea really, because the only version of the promo I could find was really blurry and distant because someone had recorded it on tv.

But, you never know, I guess. And far be it from me to be a pessimist in these things.

:D

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Oh, your right Florry. I got it in my head that it was Eric, but it was definitely Calleigh. No wonder she didn't tell Tara it was her, naughty girl! I do love that scene though, gave me a good excuse to rewatch it.

It was very good to see Eric and Ryan getting on. I like a little tension between them, it makes for a more interesting team dynamic, but it is better if they can get along most of the time. Ryan has definitely been talking to Calleigh. I wonder what she said to him when he told her he had bought flowers. Maybe she hinted to him that she would like some too :)

Her Dad bought her some flowers in one epi, and she said they were her favourite. Maybe they were tulips?

Im not that optimistic, Im afraid. So I would prefer it if it isnt Calleigh in that promo :rolleyes:

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Ryan is so sweet, he really knows what woman need :) Why Eric don't know that? He was playboy in past, he forgot or never do buy flowers to girls?
    ok, back to CaRWash. How do you think, Ryan and Calleigh couple times have arguments, he apologise with flowers too? Maybe when she told Eric about flouwers, she recollected what flowers Ryan send her? :)

6. Salean

Salean Rookie

I think there's a fanfic in there, somewhere. :)
    *wheels turning*
    Hmm, interesting...

Oh, I have to go now.

Hope you guys are all having good days!

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*snaps fingers* That's it... her dad sent her red and orange tulips. By the way, I was looking up the meaning of tulips and here's what I found.

And what really stuck with me was that they said that tulips aren't too elegant, too romantic, too big, too small, or too bright; the tulip is always just right. That's a perfect description for CaRWash...

By the way, think we should add the flower apology to the CaRWash dictionary? How 'bout...

sending flowers
    - Ryan's method of apology; has the Calleigh Duquense seal of approval.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think and feel free to tweak it.

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I like it :thumbsup:

I just translate subtitles for last ep on Russian and what i notice (it's probably nothing), but Ryan for Calleigh is always Ryan,not Wolfe. And Eric sometimes is Eric, sometimes is Delko. It's looks like she more closer to Ryan then Eric. Like H never call Ryan and Nataia by they first name because they not that close to him like Calleigh and Eric. If she wanna be with Eric, if she have feelings to him, why Delko? If you like guy you call him by his name, but it looks like he for her friend and collegue but not future boyfriend.

It's sounds crazy and stupid? What you think? :rolleyes:

9. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I never actually realized that. Who knows that could mean something how she always calls Ryan by his first name instead of Wolfe. It would be nice it it means something between them lol.:drool:

10. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

First of all, I'm glad I saw this week's episode of CSI Miami. :) The case was... what was it, again? Something with prostitutes. Oh, Lucy "Xena" Lawless was in it. I remember that. But enough about plots and guest stars; we got some cute little Ryan mentions in this episode! :D Calleigh mentioning the prank pulled on Ryan when he was new, and then the flowers scene - so nice!

At first, I thought the prank thing was rather childish, and I understood why the new coroner was annoyed (when did she appear, anyway? I'm guessing recently since the two guys dub her new enough to pull the ole' zombie-corpse trick.)

Anyway, Florry, thanks for linking the earlier episode with the adorable, young Ryan Wolfe! (And I am impressed that this show managed to put in the CaRWash callback. Someone else said that continuity was not these writers' strong suit, and I totally agree so I was pleasantly surprised.)

I've got my own title suggestion. It's a combination: The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

BTW: Love the new CaRWash dictionary entry, karu_mila. When the new thread gets started, could someon please post the CaRWash dictionary list in the opening post? [​IMG] (<-- no one can resist the almighty flower-bribe smilie; plus it's relevant!)

11. Salean

Salean Rookie

I don't think that sounds crazy and stupid at all. I can't believe that I never noticed that before.

My A Level English teacher was always going on about how important 'Terms of Address' are in understanding the relationships between people/characters. He even came up with a little song about it (to the tune of Ghostbusters). So this is a massive thing to have!

I would say that there are a few ways that this can be interpreted: it would be possible to say that it has more to do with power/authority than closeness. When you are at school, a teacher will call you by your first name, but you will call your teacher 'miss... mrs... mr...' or just 'sir' etc. So, it would be fair to argue that this is simply because Calleigh was, in effect, Ryan's teacher for the first season that he was in. Whereas her and Eric are more on equal terms, authority-wise.

However, it has been a long time since Calleigh was acting as Ryan's 'teacher', and so that argument doesn't necessarily apply to their relationship now.

Calling people by their surnames can be a sign of friendship, but it is also implying that there is only a certain amount of their life that you know/have a part in. While you call them by their surname, it is highly unlikely that anyone in their family, or someone that has known them since they were very young, will be calling them that. Therefore, it implies a certain distance in the relationship. Obviously, sometimes nicknames just stick, and so calling people by their surnames is sometimes an intimate thing, but, in a work place where the majority of people are referred to by their surnames, it seems unlikely. More likely, then, is the idea that, as the characters in the CSI work place become closer, they begin to use first names a lot more. In that respect, they are sharing a part of who they are outside the lab with the others. While most people call Ryan by his surname, and know very little about him outside the lab, Calleigh calls him by his first name, and we know that they have, at least, had a beer together outside the lab. By using first names, they are bringing a part of the world outside the lab into their relationship, and that would seem to imply a closeness that we don't really see that much elsewhere (particularly in Ryan's case).

... Sorry about that. :rolleyes: I got a little carried away.

Aaaanyway.

Yeah, I thought that too. I was especially surprised to see Ryan involved in something that happened to him in 'Curse of the Coffin' and really freaked him out.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I love Tulips. Ryan should definitely be buying Calleigh some. I like the dictionary entry.

Another good thread title suggestion, it will be hard to decide :)
    Yeah I was very surprised about the continuity. I mean, they totally forgot about Ryan's ocd, and countless other things. So it was very nice that they actually linked an old episode to a current situation. And even better that it involved our favourite pair!
    I like that link to the old, adorable Ryan. Sending the flowers was very sweet and thoughtful. And hopefully we are going to get more of the same from him this season and less of the moody Ryan.

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Really? Something tells me this isn't a coincidence... I know that Calleigh sometimes calls Eric by his last name, but I didn't realize that she always called Ryan by his first name. Think they're hinting at something? After all, you don't usually call someone you're close with by their last name...

Glad you like it! Hmm, I think it can be arranged... if we can decide who's gonna open the new thread, I can PM them the CaRWash dictionary so they can include it in the first post. By the way Hestia, I'm liking your thread name suggestion...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  14. Salean

Salean Rookie

Talking about the continuity issue...

Apparently, Ryan's storyline with the kid that he is dropping off at school is to do with his gambling. But hopefully not in the 'Ryan is morally ambiguous' way. Oooh, my spelling of that is interesting... Anyway, I popped into the spoiler thread and I read that, apparently, the kid is the son of Ryan's sponsor from gamblers anonymous. The sponsor guy owes some big loan person a load of money (either from his gambling days or because he has gotten back into it) and is basically in big trouble.
    Which would hopefully mean, for us, that we will have some moments of worried!Ryan and Calleigh comforting him.
    But, it's a little annoying that it's not a nephew or anything. Still, good for continuity I guess.

So how are we doing for thread titles? I think that so far we've got:

Give Me a Chance
    The Diamond Bond
    'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure
    Big Day Coming Up
    I Know What You Wanted
    Apologising With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.
    The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

Any that've been missed?

15. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

i don't remember Calleigh calling him Wolfe, even when Calleigh and Eric find out that text "it's done" was send to Ryan and saw him, she say Ryan and Eric say Wolfe. And when they just met, their first day in scene with gator she say "What are you doing? Ryan? Ryan!" they JUST met and he already just Ryan. I don't know mean it something or not. :rolleyes:

By the way, all girls call him just Ryan, maybe they think his tooo cute for his last name? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.