CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

:lol: I thought i was the only one who liked to see the boys cry! and having Mac comfort him would be so sweet...we havent seen him do that since RSRD when Danny broke down.

i do wonder though why its not more of the other way around with firing Adam-why isnt stella the one more upset about it, and mac the one calming her down? it seems to be that while mac does appriciate the excellent job adam does in the lab, its stella who is closer to adam. Definately curious to see how it plays out, though.

2. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

As far as I remember the only reason Mac knows the three victims cause he worked on their case, and they were all drug dealers murdered on the eve of their trial. So its not that he "knows" them its more of a case he worked on the evidence..

3. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

yea i took that too, i don't think Mac knows them knows them, but the act that they are all out of jail on the eve of their trial kind of gives me the Sonny Sassone feel. Like they are too good for jail, and Mac wants nothing more to keep them there for life after meeting them/working a case involving them.

how did mac say it in RSRD 'we have history' thats what i'm pulling from this
    any who, i can take a little of alot of mac now, because i pretty sure we are in for a hell of alot of Danny come dec.

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

There's a casting call for 5:13 http://spoilertv-csi.blogspot.com/2008/10/csi-ny-episode-513-rush-to-judgement.html. I'm intrigued by the internal affairs involvement. Have we had any spoilers for this episode yet? It seems as though all the guest stars need to be strikingly good looking, beautiful, sexy, handsome etc for this one. Nothing new there then.

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Why, oh, why, do I have the sinking feeling that Mac is "in trouble" again, or that Flack will be investigated for shenanigans involving his sister? The first possibility has been bludgeoned to death, and the second could be interesting if well-written, but could also become a nasty quagmire of a character flushing his established decency and good judgment for the sake of subpar drama llama flogging.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, there are spoilers for 5.13, so lemme see...

ETA: Ok, very quick because I have to take my sister trick-or-treating. (She's 14. *sigh* :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I just took a peek at the spoilers, and here's what I can tell:
    5.13 "Rush to Judgment"

~ The team is investigating the death of a successful high school wrestling coach whose body is found in pieces, left in various trash cans throughout the city.

~ Flack and Angell bring in one of the wrestlers for questioning, and when Angell leaves Flack alone with the kid in the interrogation room, something happens and the kid ends up dead. Hence the IAB investigation - basically, they think Flack used unnecessary force and he's put on modified assignment while they look into it.​
    Looks very interesting. Sorry I can't be more specific - I'll have a closer look at the spoilers later if someone else doesn't find anything first. :)

ETA: Ok, I went back and looked through everything, and I edited the spoilers up there to add a few things. :)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks Fay and JellyBelly for the news :Di think is a very promising episode for Donnie. However he never seemed to be violent. Actualy when Stella and he interrogated someone Stella was the "bad cop" ;) I'm curious how this be play out :D

Regarding 5.06 my take is

--Adam will be fired but Mac or Stella will manage to bring him back a couple of episodes later
    --The relationship between Mac and Stella will be in a rollercoaster for several episodes. There already is tension between them and the argument is just how they make it external:eek:
    --Being outside the lab allows Adam to ask her out on 5.08 :D IF (and only if) they keep this as a cute banter between them will be ok. If not...well watch 5.09 several times. It would be the same:rolleyes:

Ok i understand writers want Mac and Stella just like friends for several seasons but Heck! this is very OCC for them. After watching the ambulance scene on 5.05 i was :wtf: Their friendship is gone:wtf: That's why i say one of them will bring Adam back. Not BOTH of them:wtf:

Debbie (I want my Smacked back!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:eek: :eek: Looks very interesting. Poor Flack. :( Having had a quick look at the spoilers it does look like a good team episode, everyone seems to be mentioned (although I don't think I saw Adam's name).

I obviously don't think that Flack will have done anything wrong, but I guess this is one of the reasons why you should never be left alone with a suspect, just in case something goes wrong. And of course Flack won't be happy to have his integrity questioned, and desk work won't be for him. It's making me think a little bit of 'On the Job' and how Danny reacted to being under suspicion. I wonder how Flack will react, and if he will get any support and guidance from the rest of the team?

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^^ I would certainly hope there's a little Danny payback for Don in terms of their friendship. It'd be interesting to see the switch in their dynamic, with Don the one in trouble and Danny supporting him.

10. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Totally agree, it would be nice to see a bit of role reversal between Danny and Flack. I hope fiesty Danny from S1 will come running to Flacks defense.

Am I the only one thinking the whole Adam getting fired senario would have been much better last season before AJ was in the opening credits? Even the casual viewers would surely have noticed AJ and Sid have just been put in the opening credits making it highly unlikely one of them is about to be fired.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

FAYLYNN: Where did you find your information?

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I don't think Adam's going anywhere long term. But I'm still happy to see a little bit of focus on him. Even if the storyline will probably mostly involve Mac getting angry about budget cuts and office politics, hopefully Adam's reactions and feelings will get some air time. ;)

I'd love to see a situation where Danny is there for Flack for once. Maybe it's too much to hope for, but you never know! :lol: 5.13 looks like it will be a really great Flack episode though, I can't wait!

I am kind of wondering if anything might come out about Flack and Angell in the episode? If they're working together and also not ignoring their obvious chemistry (however Lenkov described it) I can't help but wonder what IAB might make of that, if they were to find out... I don't know, just thinking out loud really, but I imagine Angell will back Flack up and say he wouldn't do anything wrong, even though you would expect other detectives to back him up, it probably wouldn't have quite the same impact if it came from someone he's involved with...If they are actually involved of course. ;)

Other than the usual sites, such as Ausiello and Kristin etc, we can't discuss spoiler sources for fear they'll dry up. Sorry. ;)

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

513 sounds amazing!!! :D :D :D Wow, what a story for Flack! We haven't really seen him when he's been in a real tough spot with regards to his job--the stuff that happened back in the third season when he had to have Truby arrested was tough for him, but it wasn't potentially career ending the way this! :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is going to be such a great storyline for him. I can't wait. :D

That little fart better be supportive! Flack pretty much drops everything anytime Danny gets a paper cut. :rolleyes: If we don't see a great scene with Danny offering support, it'll suck. Anything in the spoilers to indicate Danny is going to be there for Flack?

14. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wow. Very very interesting, but I gotta admit I have mixed feelings about all that.

I tend to have meh issues with persecution based storylines, no matter what tv show their used in. It's like it's a checklist story. When producers/writers wanna give a character something juicy it often stems less from something that would shake the character or have them question something internally, and mostly by having someone else dig into them, and their reaction to it. Usually a tidy little box with corners to hit and it's done. The characters and the audience indignantly weather it out while rarely doubting anything about them, being challenged little or doing much beyond disliking those doing the Questioning, and watching how the end is reached.

In that vein I'm personally more curious by the promo that hints something is going to 'shake Mac's moral ground.' Ist possible? :p Still, I'm glad they're at least writing specifically for Eddie & AJ. :)

So we're gonna have Flack investigated. Guess it was his turn after Danny. And Hawkes. And Stella. And Mac. And now also Adam will get something along parallel lines -- meaning he won't have done anything wrong but will still suffer until it's resolved. In a way as much as that storyline with budget cuts affects Adam, I think it's really mostly about Mac and Sinclair.

I do actually think the past examples on NY have been well acted and well done, but they have neve been among my favourite episodes, aside from those where Edward Furlong guested in Hawke's case. I have no doubt both eps here will be well acted and well done, it's Eddie and AJ after all, and I think the bonus in both will be in seeing the others react and help out.

Far as Angell goes, makes sense she's gonna be more present if Flack's chained to deskwork. Will be interesting to see what goes on there, but given the situation I doubt it will be in the same playful fashion as earlier. But I have always liked Angell, and am glad to see her back too.

So. The only ones left for persecution and investigation are Sid, and Lindsay.

15. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Wow, this Flack storyline sounds wonderful, exactly the kind of storyline I've always dreamed of for Flack. You are right, when you say we've never really seen Flack in a tough spot re his job. Sure, the Truby case was hard for him, but his reputation wasn't directly under fire, even though he 'took some heat' from the other cops. Same for the case involving his old mentor back in s1. But this should really hit him hard. I love Flack's snarky sense of humour, but that's often all we see of him, along with his no-s*it interrogations. We've never really seen Flack's vulnerable side, seen him worried and unsure, as we have with all the other characters, with the exception of the Truby storyline. Hopefully we will see his more vulnerable side in 5x13. They might even bring out a few flaws in Flack with this storyline, which I hope they do. I think bringing out Mac's flaws in his similar storyline in s3 was a bold and brilliant move on the writers' part, it made his character so much more belivable and rounded. Same goes for Stella and Danny and their flaws. Lindsay....well, it's hard to say for her, because the flaws with her character seem to be more 'accidental' - a result of poor writing and acting - than deliberate. Hawkes and Adam aren't developed enough to have flaws yet.
    But back to Flack, I really hope this storyline will be great development for him. I really hope we get to see Danny being there for him, and hopefully Mac too, as he has been in a similar situation. I wonder how Flack will behave when he's the one 'under the spotlight'. He came across as being the voice of reason when the whole thing with Danny and the cop in OTJ happened, and the thing with Mac and Dobson went down, but then it's so much harder to be the voice of reason when it's your reputation and job on the line...I wonder whether it will be Julia Ormond and/or Sinclair who leads any investigation into what happens. With Sinclair it would be interesting, as Flack's relationship with him seems more troubled or at least less 'friendly' than his with Gerrard. Flack seemed to trust Gerrard, and be able to see his point of view, whereas it's different with Sinclair. Was it Sinclair who made a veiled threat to Flack's job in Comes Around, mentioning a promotion or something? Also, Flack seemed none too happy being summoned by Sinclair in The Thing About Heroes.
    I'm really excited about this! Is it obvious?:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.